cheoky no wonder you are loser. Last week Ranhill up 8 sen vs Dutaland down 1.5 sen.
Posted by cheoky > Mar 4, 2017 10:19 PM | Report Abuse dear abang calvin, 1. Q1: as per your benchmark. mphb will be a better option vs duta right? Both undervalued to price. Mphb got earning support to maintain its value relatively to duta. Right? 2. Ranhill why you dislike?
Posted by enning22 > Mar 5, 2017 12:10 PM | Report Abuse
a singaporean don't know how notorious and the true nature of DUTA yap in Malaysia.
Of course I heard bad stuff about Duta Yap in year 2006/7 when I first bought Dutaland shares around 60 cts then.
And Johor Remisier Loh told me Duta Yap is quite a bad guy in reputation. And because nobody in Johor joined me buying Dutaland shares then I let it go before it reached Rm1.00. And to my surprise Dutaland still continue to go up as high as Rm1.60. And only when Dutaland reached the all time high of Rm1.71 in year 2007 that Johor people started to get excited. And I warned them not to buy or chase. I am glad they listened to me as time proved Dutaland fell back to bargain basement level now at 43 cts.
Duta Yap, like all others, have self interest. Even if he doesn't care for you he cares that his company is doing well. Or else why he ate up chunks and chunks of Dutaland shares.
And so you must sift out facts from rumors - find the truth yourselves.
calvin, keep it up!!!... need a lot of patience and confidence when you buying very long-term stock like dutaland....most people will give up but your advice is worth to be taken seriously...i might not agree with you but i do agree with you when you have faith in those boring stock....
rainbowyen calvin, keep it up!!!... need a lot of patience and confidence when you buying very long-term stock like dutaland....most people will give up but your advice is worth to be taken seriously...i might not agree with you but i do agree with you when you have faith in those boring stock.... 05/03/2017 13:02
The phrase "have faith in those BORING STOCK" was what I first heard from great Johor Sifu MG9231.
He bought lots of boring stocks like Ajinomoto, PIE, Petdagangan, KPJ, PTaras, KPS, AHealth, Ajiya in those days when nobody wanted then. All later turned out to be 5, 6 & 7 and even 10 baggars later.
That's what turn millionaires into Billionaires.
It was VT who bought and bought Bj Corp when it was only 10 cts. When Bj Corp was 50 cts VT roped in Goldman Sachs to goreng Bj Corp till Rm1.50 in great excitement (At Rm1.50 Bj Corp no longer boring}
And after Bj Corp crossed Rm1.50 VT came out to say that Bj Corp's still undervalue.
And when Bj Corp was at its hottest both Goldman & VT unloaded to silly sorchai!
Be careful not to chase Dutaland over Rm1.50 some day.
And now is the time to buy when things look bleak & boring
No one knows the time as to when dead stocks will finally come alive.
But there are signs if you look and carefully watch for them.
Just like in nature there are laws of nature so there are laws in investments.
When you know that November to March the North east monsoon will blow from the east coast of Kelantan, Trengganu, Pahang & Eastern Johor you will not work as a fisherman then. It's too dangerous to go out to sea when waves can be 10 to 20 ft tall & can overturn & sink small fishing boats.
So if a stock is at its peak like IFCA over Rm1.87 & Transmile over Rm15.00. Those sorchai who risked their monies in them will suffer huge losses later.
And since Rainfall will come in abundance the harvest of FFB (fresh fruit bunches) & CPO will increase. So plantation stocks will do better.
And so are dead stocks.
There must be so special "Catalysts" that awake them from slumber.
In the desert once rain arrives - the desert will bloom with flowers. So is the same in North pole during the short summer where young grass can grow.
And just as in nature look out for these Catalysts:
1) A Change of Management or Leadership or Takeovers
After Ecoworld took over Focal Aims the price of Focal Aims shot up the Sky. The entire deplorable Taman Kota Masai has been trasformed & now called "ECOTROPICS" Right now a new Tesco Hypermarket is being constructed there.
In those days a 2 storey shop sells for less than Rm300k. Today I heard those new 2 storey shops facing Tesco is going for a cool Rm1.1 million each.
2) Insiders start buying
Like TN Logis
For a long time this stock was looked down. Price hovered around only Rm1.00 more or less. Johor people were unhappy that TN Logis Boss created secondary businesses & sucked monies from TN Logis by charging excessive fees. So the Boss benefitted himself at the expense of share holders. And TN Logis price remained in the doldrums for years.
Then one day. The Boss, The Directors & The Insiders were SCOOPING UP TN LOGIS SHARES BY THE MILLIONS!
Calvin saw them buying so Calvin bought some at Rm1.50. After buying TN Logis shot up to near Rm3.00 & kena UMA!
At the Bursa UMA warning TN Logis retraced back to just below Rm2.00. Then it went up again like a rocket & Bonus Issue with free warrants. TN LOgis shot up to a high of Rm6.00 (and split) Up 400%!
3) Sudden Outbreak of natural calamities or special need/demand . Like Glove Bull Run
My Johor Sifu is expert in these
a) He bought Kossan because of sars, hiv & bird flu. Kossan powered up from Rm2.00 to Rm6.00.
b) He bought MayBulk early 2006 when he saw Baltic Dry Index Shot Up
c) He bought Tongherr because he saw Nickel price shot up.
So there is a correlation between demand & supply due to sudden out break of demand
Posted by Gamuda22 > Mar 5, 2017 04:36 PM | Report Abuse
Hi Mr Calvin. You are really great in analysis. Plan to buy MRCB. Any advice ? Any connection with GE14 ? Pls enlighten me. Thank you!
Any connection with GE14?
I think so. Over a 20 year period I used to observe Govt Linked UMNO shares do come alive every 4 years. I think the only exception is during Pm Badawi's term. He forgot to support the market. BN also lost 2/3 majority votes. And the aftermath was a 100 points collapse in KLSE which triggered one hour trading halt.
So Pm Najib is facing his most crucial life and death political struggle at this juncture. So he will throw everything to win this coming Election.
By going into 4th installment of Pan Borneo Highway. Selling more assets to China. Get Saudi to pump Cash in RAPID, Pengerang.
More infusion of goodies to prop KLSE. Above all to turn all GE14 Govt Linked Stocks into positive, profitable companies by all the powers in his hands and coffers.
Calvin,here is the annex from last qtr report pertaining to litigations
MATERIAL LITIGATIONS Save as disclosed below, DutaLand Berhad (“DutaLand”) and its subsidiary companies are not engaged in any material litigation, claims or arbitration, either as plaintiff or defendant and the Directors of DutaLand have no knowledge of any proceedings pending or threatened against DutaLand and its subsidiary companies or of any fact likely to give rise to any proceeding which may materially affect the position or business of DutaLand and its subsidiary companies:
1. On 8 June 2016, Messrs. Yap Chin & Tiu (“Plaintiff”) claimed for a sum of RM4,723,106.87 (“Sum in Bill”) from DutaLand & Anor (“Defendants”) at the Kuala Lumpur High Court being the fees allegedly owed by DutaLand to the Plaintiff, whereby the Plaintiff purportedly acted as the solicitors of UNP Plywood Sdn Bhd (“UNP”) in a suit between UNP and Sabah Forest Industries Sdn Bhd (“SFI”) (“UNP Dispute”) at Kota Kinabalu High Court (Suit No. K22-55-1997), and has since been settled. The Plaintiff still retains RM663,589.20 being costs awarded against SFI to UNP by the Kota Kinabalu High Court (“Awarded Costs”) and therefore also made an alternate claim for a sum of RM4,059,517.67 and a declaration/order to set off/deduct the Awarded Costs against the Sum in Bill. The case management date for the matter is fixed on 28 September 2016. On 28 September 2016 the Plaintiff served the Amended Statement of Claim to the Defendants’ solicitors, therefore the presiding judge directed the parties to file their Amended Statement of Defence on or before 12 October 2016, and further fixed the matter for case management on 12 October 2016 to update Court the status of pleadings. On 12 October 2016, both parties agreed to an extension of time of one week for the Defendants to file their Statement of Defence pending receipt of further and better particulars, Court fixed the matter for next case management on 17 November 2016. On 17 November 2016 our solicitors informed Court in regards to the status of pleadings which first Defendant had filed their Amended Statement of Defence on 27 October 2016, whilst second Defendant filed their Amended Statement of Defence on 26 October 2016. The Court has fixed for next case management on 13 December 2016. On 13 December 2016, Court has given pre-trial directions to the parties, and fix for further Case Management on 18 January 2017 pending compliance of Court directions. On 18 January 2017, parties informed Court that the necessary documents have been served and filed accordingly. Court then fixed the trial on 19, 20, 21 July 2017, and 17 August 2017. Further to that, Court has also fixed a Case Management date on 22 February 2017 to update Court the status of the documents (Statement of Agreed Facts, Classification of Documents and Defence’s Case Summary).
2. On 10 May 2013, Lin Wen-Chih and Lin Wen-Chuan (collectively referred to as the “Plaintiffs”) commenced legal action against Pacific Forest Industries Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of DutaLand (“Pacific Forest”) and DutaLand (Defendants) at the Tawau High Court claiming for a sum of RM16,859,186.65 allegedly owing to the Plaintiffs by Pacific Forest. Pacific Forest and DutaLand subsequently filed an application to strike out the Plaintiffs’writ and statement of claim which was allowed by the Tawau High Court with costs of RM45,000.00. The Plaintiffs appealed against this decision and the hearing has been fixed on 20 September 2016. The (Appellant’s / Plaintiff’s) appeal against the (Respondents / Defendants) was allowed with cost of RM20,000.00 to be paid by Respondents. The Respondents had on 17 October 2016 filed an appeal against Court of Appeal’s decision to Federal Court. The Federal Court has yet to fix the Hearing date.
3. On 13 December 2006, Rinota Construction Sdn Bhd (“Plaintiff”) filed an action against Mascon Rinota Sdn Bhd (“MRSB”), Mascon Sdn Bhd (“MSB”), Olympia Industries Berhad (“OIB”) and others at the Kuala Lumpur High Court (“KLHC”) by virtue of an alleged oppression under section 181 of the Act (“Original Petition”). The Plaintiff sought damages of approximately RM8.0 million. On 21 October 2007, the Plaintiff filed an application to amend the Original Petition by adding Mascon Construction Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of DutaLand (“MCSB”), as another respondent and such application was subsequently allowed by the KLHC. MSB, a subsidiary of OIB, was wound up on 25 March 2008. On 29 August 2012, KLHC ruled in favour of the Plaintiff with an order for MCSB and others to buy out the Plaintiff’s shareholding in MRSB which was a subsidiary of MSB. On 27 September 2012, MCSB and the others appealed against this decision (“Appeal”), which Appeal was allowed with costs of RM100,000.00. The Plaintiff filed an application for leave to appeal to the Federal Court which was granted on 21 June 2016 and the hearing for the Plaintiff’s appeal is fixed on 24 November 2016. The Court re-fixed the hearing date to 21 February 2017 after the case was vacated on 24 November 2016. On 24th November 2016, the case was vacated therefore Court had re-fixed the Hearing date on 21st February 2017. On 6th February 2017, Federal Court informed our solicitor that the Hearing date which was fixed earlier on 21st February 2017 was vacated and fixed for Case Management on 8thFebruary 2017. On 8th February 2017, the matter was fixed for Case Management Court has further instructed parties to file their respective Submission in Reply on or before 8 th May 2017, and Court had also fixed the appeal for Hearing on 22nd May 2017.
Don't doubt Dutaland like those who doubted Jaks last time
See (quoted from Jaks Forum)
Posted by calvintaneng > Mar 5, 2014 09:40 PM | Report Abuse X
Jaks fall to 50.5 cts? That will be a great bargain indeed! Today Mr. Market chased Engtex to a new record of RM2.02. Jaks is overlooked by Mr. Market.
Posted by sheep > Mar 7, 2014 04:20 PM | Report Abuse
infamous for its one day show. push also no point. play salcon better
Posted by calvintaneng > Mar 8, 2014 06:59 PM | Report Abuse X
Wait Lah. Wait for the actual date of Award for Water Projects in a short while more.
Posted by lee9fold > Mar 8, 2014 07:45 PM | Report Abuse
when low ppl dont 1 buy...but when price shot up ppl chase like heck...thats the trend anyway hahaha
Posted by m8829 > Mar 12, 2014 10:52 PM | Report Abuse
jaks is finished.
Posted by calvintaneng > Mar 13, 2014 07:43 AM | Report Abuse X
3 Reasons for Optimism:-
1) YLI Has Touched RM1.00 at last! So Jaks as laggard should follow soon in tandem.
2) The Federel Govt. has invoked Wasia to help Selangor Govt. Political Difference put aside to help 7 Million people in dire need of water. Selangor might even save RM2 Billions. The extra savings mean more money for pipe replacement works - good for YLI & JAKS!
3) And next on the agenda is the Award of Langat 2.
Posted by Rosli Suratman > Mar 17, 2014 04:17 PM | Report Abuse
I already run...i dont have hope with current political and geo political environment
Posted by calvintaneng > Mar 18, 2014 01:33 PM | Report Abuse X
Why run when announcement is coming
Posted by calvintaneng > Mar 24, 2014 09:54 PM | Report Abuse X
Today's Announcement of RM399 Millions New Contract For Jaks is Indeed Good News.
Today While In Iskandar I saw HUGE WATER PIPES WITH THE WIDEST DIAMETER ALL ALONG PASIR GUDANG HIGHWAY. When I went to inspect it I couldn't find any name on it. However, I saw a logo that look like a bird or kangaroo.
I wonder if these pipes are by Jaks, YLI or others. Anyone has any idea?
Anyway, Water Pipes Laying are now done in earnest. I think Jaks should also get some deals also.
And just as in nature look out for these Catalysts: 1) A Change of Management or Leadership or Takeovers 2) Insiders start buying 3) Sudden Outbreak of natural calamities or special need/demand . Like Glove Bull Run
I don't have time to monitor or unable to interpret on the events took place for 1 & 2, I never follow up on these.
For item 3, one must have good knowledge about industry, financial & business relationship between the events & the company. After all, business sense is the key.
Henry Chan yes, based on previous year/quater, their profit has not been consistent.. sir calvin, why is your buy call? 06/03/2017 06:24
Of course Dutaland's profit cannot be consistent as they have cyclical businesses.
Oil Palm growing & fruiting will only be good for 70% of the year. Perfectly alright. The fruitful months make up for those lean months. A look into Dutaland showed Rm10 million profit for the past year. The property division made loss because their is no current sales. But with Greater KL Mrt progressing the underlying land value has increased.
Grand Duta Hotel is an inspiring work in progress. This is like a giant durian plantation - so every day nearer to completion means "CONSISTENT" Income for the next 100 years. Just like Jaks going into power plant in Vietnam (Both power plant & Hotel Business have long gestation period. Why people go GaGa over Jaks' IPP & are blind to Dutaland's 6 Star Hotel?
If you look at the overall figures in Dutaland you will see vast improvement from last year
1) Revenue has increased by 40.5% from preceding quarter.
2) For current year plantation profit has increased to Rm10 millions
3) Net Assets now Rm1.005 Billion compared to last year Rm933 millions
4) Cash position this year is Rm16.3 millions compared to past year Rm8.9 millions
5) From last quarter Cash has increased by Rm4.6 millions
6) And since last year Duta Yap has bought another 32 million shares of Dutaland at much higher prices than last closing price of 43 cts.
See Calvin also called for a buy on Jaks at 40 cts when Jaks' Boss bought Jaks at 44 cts. It is always a joy for me to buy below Insiders buying price. My Johor Sifu loved buying Pintaras Jaya at Rm1.40 when Top Boss & Insiders exercised ESOS of PTaras at Rm1.90 (As it turned out later PTaras powered up to Rm7.00 & split) Up a nice 500%!
I hope you guys learn to SEE beyond "surface" accounting & LOOK AT THE REAL FIGURES.
That's why so many people missed Super Enterprize, Kulim, TMakmur & TheStore - all taken private later.
MKH is my Johor Sifu MG9231 favourite. I bought at his advise and sold it for 30% to 40% profit already. I think price has gone up a bit so I think I will plough into laggards like Cbip & Dutaland for better upside potential
Post a Comment
People who like this
You should check in on some of those fields below.
Click Confirm to delete this Forum Thread and all the associated comments.
This book is the result of the author's many years of experience and observation throughout his 26 years in the stockbroking industry. It was written for general public to learn to invest based on facts and not on fantasies or hearsay....