Be the first to like this.

42 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2018-10-11 09:12

ks55

3,595 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2017-07-15 23:32 | Report Abuse

Go for Atrium now for a goodnite sleep........

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-15 23:49 | Report Abuse

Yes ks55,

Atrium reit being into logistic should do well. Another one is alaqar reit which is highly defensive due to kpj hospital being its sole tenant.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-15 23:50 | Report Abuse

Another good defensive dividend stock is harison

ks55

3,595 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2017-07-16 00:12 | Report Abuse

I thought you would suggest next best buy (based on DY) is ARReits.....

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 01:41 | Report Abuse

ks55,

Arreits being a diversified reits with hotels, warehouses, factories, higher school of learning should be also good for now.

I also like Hektar reit for its subang parade and mahkota parade in melaka.

I bought hektar reit in year 2006, I think, At Rm1.00. I sold off Hektar Reit at Rm1.40 for a 40% profit just before the Lehman Brother Crisis hit in 2007/2008.

After the subprime crisis Hektar reit also crashed from Rm1.40 to only 70 sen.

When Hektar Reit had fallen to 70 sen I drove up from Spore to visit Mahkota Parade in Melaka to see how they do.

Since I saw most of the shops were still operating I bought back Hektar reit at 70 sen.

And a curious thing happened when I visited Melaka then.

While there I decided to visit Pm Securities just few shops away.

Upon entering the stock brokering firm I heard a group of men chanting

Transmile!
Transmile!
Transmile lai liaw!!

When they saw me they asked,

Why are you here".

I replied I came to see how Mahkota Parade is doing as I think Hektar Reit is unvervalue.

They were quite amused and turned their attention away and kept chanting:

Transmile!
Transmile!
Transmile lai liaw!!
Robert Kuok will save Transmile.

Transmile crashed from Rm15.00 to 50 sen at that time when I visited Melaka.

After returning back to Spore I saw that Transmile got delisted and its Directors got arrested for fraud.

And Hektar Reit doubled in price again to Rm1.40.

I recommended Alaqar Reit to my Johor sifu as he was bullish on Kpj then. And Alaqar did well and survived the Lehman Brothers' Crisis.

Years later my friend Mr. Law told me he own these 3 shares for dividend- Pie, guinness and Alaqar Reit. So I think Alaqar reit has withstood crisis before. As of now I don't own any reits.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 01:48 | Report Abuse

Note:
Mr Law my friend has been promoted as The OSK-RHB ISKANDAR TOP BOSS.

We never discuss about shares as he did not want to have any conflict of interest. He only mentioned he holds PIE, Guinness and Alaqar Reits for dividends only.

Most of the time we talked about investing in landed houses in Iskandar.
And that was chun chun!

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-07-16 07:38 | Report Abuse

Calvintaneng was chun chun holland and now rank 222. Real chun at bottom 10 sinve start of the competition until now

Yippy68

1,685 posts

Posted by Yippy68 > 2017-07-16 07:43 | Report Abuse

happy to see cbip and bplant is in your list, i invested big money in this two counters. bplant is giving me more than satisfied dividend. hope other will soon aware

nekosan

3,637 posts

Posted by nekosan > 2017-07-16 07:47 | Report Abuse

suche a stupid article. who dont know dividend is important

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2017-07-16 09:41 | Report Abuse

Of coz dividend is important for someone who only gain 2% capital gain in 7 months

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 10:34 | Report Abuse

A Very Good Morning to all who visit here,

First of all as today is The LORD's Day do visit www.chick.com

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 10:48 | Report Abuse

John Lu
Calvintaneng was chun chun holland and now rank 222. Real chun at bottom 10 sinve start of the competition until now
16/07/2017 07:38

It's perfectly ok with Calvin. The contest will only see final tally on December 2017, isn't it?

So from July 16th today till Year end on 31st December still a long way to go. More than 5 long months away.

A child also take 9 months gestation before being born.

As for Calvin just DRB & Maju Perak already made 200%

Called to buy DRB at 92 sen. DRB touched Rm1.86 (Up more than 100%)
And Maju Perak around 31.5 sen. Majulah Perak touched 60 sen. Almost up 100%)

Unfortunately for you - you lost 50% in Melewar

See this is John Lu's chun chun own confession

John Lu I am bleeding on Melewar
01/12/2016 09:56

See the above extracted post from Melewar Forum.
On 1st December 2016 you confessed that you are bleeding on Melewar.
Will you also be bleeding on other stocks by December 2017 (this will be another pitiful conclusion if you still go punting blindly. And whoever reading this please be warned!!)

Warned?

Yes, Calvin warned John Lu to sell Icon Offshore at 47 sen as Calvin warned that )&G being hit even UMWOG might call off merger.

All stubbornly opposed Calvin.

Then what happened?

UMWOG got into problems and called off merger with Icon Offshore

And Icon Offshore collapsed to 22 sen (A drop of 53%)

Aiyoyo!

John Lu lost 103% in Melewar & Icon Offshore

Icon Offshore? What a name!!

I con you offshore.

And gone up inside a pirate ship and got conned off shore.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 10:56 | Report Abuse

Yippy68 happy to see cbip and bplant is in your list, i invested big money in this two counters. bplant is giving me more than satisfied dividend. hope other will soon aware
16/07/2017 07:43

Very good!
You have selected very highly defensive, growth stocks with good dividends.

And is not you name or "slang name Yippy" means

great excitement

happiness,

and GREAT SATISFACTION?

No wonder your name tallies with the words that come from your mouth

(( ""bplant is giving me more than satisfied dividend""))

May all who invest wisely & carefully end this year

Shouting

YIPPY! YIPPY!! YIPPY YAH! YAH!!

Or HIP HIP HOORAY!!

OR YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

or YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

ALL ROUND HAPPINESS!
RESOUNDING SUCCESS!!
COMPLETE SATISFACTION!!!!

(("""STANDING OVATION"""))

THE EPITOME OF ACHIEVEMENT!!

7 FOLD AMEN!!!!

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2017-07-16 11:37 | Report Abuse

Dr Neoh mentioned 12% div per annum. Calvin recommended all lousy dividends stocks that far less than 12%.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 12:08 |

Post removed.Why?

Mioxi

551 posts

Posted by Mioxi > 2017-07-16 12:39 | Report Abuse

Cheater! Cautious!

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 13:24 | Report Abuse

Haha!

Cheater? Cautious?

Nothing better to say?

No constructive input?

Where are all the intelligent comments?

All go playing hot air balloon stocks at inflated prices?

So be very cautious now?

NOW THIS IS WHAT ALL SMART PEOPLE MUST DO IF YOU WANT TO AVOID THE COMING CARNAGE:

SELL ALL HIGH FLYING STOCKS TOMORROW.

THEN SWITCH TO LAGGARD STOCKS THAT HAVE NOT MOVED YET.

REMEMBER CALVIN'S 3RD RULE:

HE THAT IS LOW NEEDS FEAR NO FALL.

Yippy68

1,685 posts

Posted by Yippy68 > 2017-07-16 15:43 | Report Abuse

whether you have made good pick or pick to holland, i respected for your consistancy in your work in I3, some how some may not agreed, but why should you bother..keep going Calvin. May be you will just say some thing about MBSB, the most talk about counter this week mainly his merger with AFB. MBSB once paid very good dividend but not now.

Posted by Ng Shu Tsung > 2017-07-16 16:10 | Report Abuse

Good afternoon Mr Calvin Tan,
You left out Magnum, Berjaya Toto, KLCC, MSM and Malakoff. In fact, I got small positions in JCY and BJ Corp but I can say that the share price goes down after the ex date of dividend.

I sleep well at night because I only got 1% of my wealth in the share market and so the many surprises that happen in the share market do not rattle me at all. Yet, I am puzzled that my earnings are never that spectacular.

Maybe you can help me understand why I still have unrealised losses when investing or playing the defensive counters like magnum, toto, JCY, BCorp, Malakoff, Puncak, KLCC, MSM and FGV. At least I get yearly dividend and that is all I can say about some of these counters.

Thank you.
Ng Shu Tsung

michaelwong

3,068 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2017-07-16 16:35 | Report Abuse

Blowing out of proportion . ......cock stuffs ! !!

1,800 posts

Posted by 4444 > 2017-07-16 16:47 | Report Abuse

Why no mention MP Corp, BJ Corp? MP-drop from 50 sen to 15 sen. BJ Corp RM 1 to 33 sen.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 17:17 | Report Abuse

Posted by Yippy68 > Jul 16, 2017 03:43 PM | Report Abuse

whether you have made good pick or pick to holland, i respected for your consistancy in your work in I3, some how some may not agreed, but why should you bother..keep going Calvin. May be you will just say some thing about MBSB, the most talk about counter this week mainly his merger with AFB. MBSB once paid very good dividend but not now.

MBSB is an interesting stock which I watched with abated breath.

One of my Johor Buddy (the odd one out who used to argue with me & my Johor Sifu when we told him about Kulim, KFC & QSR). He kept opposing our views & try to impose his views on us.

So my Johor Sifu said in stead of us helping him he tried to discourage us by saying bad stuff about our good stock picks.

In the end he left us.

The last time I met him was he was totally happy with MBSB which he bought before year 2010. And then he kept buying more and more MBSB shares all the way to the peak in year 2015.

In stead of selling and taking out his profits he piled in even more monies in year 2015 at the very top of euphoria.

Then MBSM retraced all the way down to his original purchase price of year 2010.

He was totally wiped off - such a poor thing.

Last few months I saw him in a coffee shop in Johor.
He turned his head away in shame & pretended that I was not around.

This is the lesson I got from this MBSB saga.

Now MBSB used to borrow funds from banks for its operations. So it has a higher cost of funds.

Since they can't compete with Public Bank or Maybank in getting monies from cheap savings accounts their cost of operations is much higher.

To recoup that MBSB has to charge a higher interest on those home borrowers.

These home borrowers who are unable to secure loans from Tier 1 Banks like Maybank, Public Bank, CIMB Bank or RHB Bank at 4.2% interest rate will approach MBSB to get housing load.

MBSB charge anything between 6 to 7% or more if I could still recall.

And with higher interest rate these are actually "sub prime" borrowers in Malaysia.

When there is a constrain in income due to

1) Inflation (Ringgit crash all imported stuff are more expensive)

2) 6% GST also eats into purchasing power

3) Tough times caused factories to scale down overtime pay.

So some of theses defaulted on MBSB loans & MBSB got to auction off these houses - thus leading to bad debts & higher NPL (Non performing loans)

Subprime lending was the cause of the US Lehman Beothers' Crisis in year 2007/2008).

MBSB is experiencing this over here.

In boom times MBSB should be ok. But for now business looks risky. So there are better and safer stocks out there.

RceCap lent money by Govt servant salary deductiom
Calvin & Johor Buddies made 100% when RceCap up from 80 sen to Rm1.60
(We all - all of us sold off RceCap already at peak prices)

DRB has a money lending arm with gold as collateral through Bank Maumalat

Public Bank & Maybank & RHB Bank are too expensive to buy.

AEONCredit is good as long as there is no bad recession and consumers are ablt to repay its loans. For now ok. For how long I can't tell. And I won't risk my monies chasing it at peak (just like chasing MBSB at peak in year 2015)

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2017-07-16 17:30 | Report Abuse

So pls recommend high div stocks for instance as you said 4.5% at least with
h consistent payment and earning. Don't recommend stockss other than these criteria.

1,800 posts

Posted by 4444 > 2017-07-16 17:32 | Report Abuse

He mentioned before MP Corp, Mulpha, DRB, BJ Corp can qualify?

Posted by shortinvestor77 > Jul 16, 2017 05:30 PM | Report Abuse

h consistent payment and earning. Don't recommend stockss other than these criteria.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 17:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by shortinvestor77 > Jul 16, 2017 05:30 PM | Report Abuse

I think there are quite a lot of stocks out there still giving 4.5% dividend & above.

See my past post

These are the Top 12 Dividend stocks in Bursa currently (As reported by EdgeDaily)

1 Tasek Corporation……………………..9.64%

2 Star Publications……………………….7.76%

3 Perstima……………………………………..7.10%

4. CCM Duopharma…………………….7.03%

5 Classic Scenic…………………………..6.5%

6 Hai-O Enterprise…………………….6.44%

7 Berjaya Sports Toto………………6.03%

8 CYL Corporation……………………5.85%

9 Panasonic Manufacturing……5.77%

10 Amway Holdings…………………5.71%

11 UCHI Technologies……………..5.68%

12 BAT…………………………………………5.63%

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 17:37 | Report Abuse

One more thing

Tasek was the highest dividend then at 9.64%

Tmakmur was 8.5% (beating Star) then. This was not highlighted by Edgedaily. And then TMakmur was taken private without fanfare

Now I have already posted by

Examples that L&G at 9.5% dividend will beat Tasek current dividend position.

Few media or analysts will bother to put L&G dividend at 9.5% as the overall top no. 1 now.

I really don't understand this discrepancy.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 17:43 | Report Abuse

Posted by Ng Shu Tsung > Jul 16, 2017 04:10 PM | Report Abuse

Good afternoon Mr Calvin Tan,
You left out Magnum, Berjaya Toto, KLCC, MSM and Malakoff. In fact, I got small positions in JCY and BJ Corp but I can say that the share price goes down after the ex date of dividend.

I sleep well at night because I only got 1% of my wealth in the share market and so the many surprises that happen in the share market do not rattle me at all. Yet, I am puzzled that my earnings are never that spectacular.

Maybe you can help me understand why I still have unrealised losses when investing or playing the defensive counters like magnum, toto, JCY, BCorp, Malakoff, Puncak, KLCC, MSM and FGV. At least I get yearly dividend and that is all I can say about some of these counters.

Thank you.
Ng Shu Tsung

Calvin replies

First of all. I don't buy gambling or smoking stocks. So I will give Magnum & Bj Toto a pass. Although Bj Corp owns Bj Toto shares I bought Bj Corp for its High Value Assets yet to be revalued.

Puncak has management problem just like Parkson. If management change their focus to take care of share holders these 2 are worth considering.

KLCC? I bought it at fair price long ago. After price surged I sold KLCC off and didn't look back.

MSM I didn't follow. So can't comment.

FGV?

This is another good company with bad management. I think like Mara, IMDB - the FGV monies have been siphoned off.

All the greed and corruption in high places have made the ringgit the worst performing currency in ASEAN 10.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 19:30 | Report Abuse

Good evening,

Let's look further into the wise words of Dr. Neoh

3) Dividend provides a 'floor' for shares during bear markets.

Stock markets of the world, especially the Malaysian/Singaporean market is not readily predictable. They can collapse so easily into a 'bear pit' with little warning. If we wished to protect our hard earned capital, we must be defensive in our investment approach. One of the best defense is to buy shares with reasonable dividend yield (i.e. a yield of between 1/2 of deposit interest rate). If we buy a share because it pays a reasonable dividend, our loss is likely to be small even during periods of sharp market decline.

For example, we can buy a share which pays 30 cents dividend at Rm5.00 a share and this gives us a dividend yield of 6 per cent. If the share market goes into a sharp decline, the amount this share can fall to is limited by the fact that it pays a 30 cents dividend. If the price is to fall to as low as Rm3.00, it will be giving a dividend yield of 10 per cent which is about as good as what one can get from fixed deposit but with the additional opportunity to capital gain thrown in.

Most people can see that at that price, the share is probably a good bargain and it is therefore unlikely to fall any lower.It has been my experience that with the exception of mining counters, a dividend yield of 12 per cent seems to be the floor below which most stocks will not drop. In sharp contrast, shares which pay low or no dividend at all do not seem to have any bottom and price decline can hit 90 per cent or more.

Notice the last paragraph - last 3 lines?

It says

""In sharp contrast, shares which pay low or no dividend at all do not seem to have any bottom and price decline can hit 90 per cent or more.""

""SHARES WHICH PAY NO DIVIDEND AT ALL DO NOT SEEM TO HAVE ANY BOTTOM AND PRICE DECLINE CAN HIT 90 PER CENT OR MORE."""

See how IwCity crashed from Rm3.29 to Rm1.17 - A CRASH OF 65% IN JUST MONTHS!

And see how people in Malton are now crying out

Mohd Fahmi Bin Jaes
rebound tp 1.40
14/07/2017 12:12

Bert8861
diedie
14/07/2017 12:13

olehlehshare
mid year sales???
14/07/2017 14:39

nickfcng
Like Iskandar Waterfront, could reach 0.75 sen
14/07/2017 14:40

Alfred Aun
why the share price suddenly falling so much????
14/07/2017 14:41

jack2
game over
14/07/2017 14:58

lois123
shark counter
14/07/2017 15:21

Bert8861
wtf
14/07/2017 15:22

Dexter150185
Omg what is happening? Any news?
14/07/2017 15:25

Santiago
This is killing field counter.. Run before its too late... I just sold off and burned my fingers..
14/07/2017 15:43

Steve Jub
wow
14/07/2017 15:45

Alfred Aun
wow! crazy...wtf...
14/07/2017 15:46

Santiago
12k just lost in this counter's warrant alone. I learned a hard lesson.
14/07/2017 15:47

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 19:36 | Report Abuse

And listen again to the wise words of Sifu Neoh

2) Dividend provides a link with reality.

When the market is truly 'hot', few of us can keep truly rational and we tend to be swept along in the general atmosphere of optimism. But the dividend yield of a share keeps us in close touch with the real world. As in the earlier example of OCBC, anyone who keeps his eye on the dividend yield of that share would have realised that the price level was totally unreal. Most people would agree that at a dividend yield of 0.4 per cent it would be better to sell a share and invest the proceed in houses or leave the money in fixed deposit.

In the established stock markets of the world, the dividend yield (ie dividend per share/price per share) usually has a steady relationship with the fixed deposit and its interest rate. It is normal for dividend yield to fluctuate at around 1/3 to 1/2 of the long-term deposit interest rate. This means that when fixed deposit interest is around 10 per cent per annum, stock should sell at a price to provide a yield of 3 per cent to 5 per cent. Taking a look at the yield provided by local shares during bull markets, the dividend yield is usually so low as to be meaningless. Futhermore, one should not forget that fixed deposit of 15 months or longer and fixed deposits in National Savings Bank are interest free in Malaysia while dividend has a witholding tax of 40 per cent applied at source.

See

Transmile was selling at Rm15.00 with a peanut dividend of 10 sen.

That is totally unreal. There is no reality if Transmile is worth Rm15.00 it should be paying more decent dividend like Dutch Lady or Nestle.

If you follow Dr. Neoh's safe rule you would have sold off all Tansmile shares at Rm15.00 & go look for better investments then.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 23:10 | Report Abuse

Why Dividends Matter
By Investopedia Staff

"The only thing that gives me pleasure is to see my dividend coming in." --John D. Rockefeller.

One of the simplest ways for companies to communicate financial well-being and shareholder value is to say "the dividend check is in the mail." Dividends, those cash distributions that many companies pay out regularly to shareholders from earnings, send a clear, powerful message about future prospects and performance. A company's willingness and ability to pay steady dividends over time - and its power to increase them - provide good clues about its fundamentals.

Dividends Signal Fundamentals
Before corporations were required by law to disclose financial information in the 1930s, a company's ability to pay dividends was one of the few signs of its financial health. Despite the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934 and the increased transparency it brought to the industry, dividends still remain a worthwhile yardstick of a company's prospects.

Typically, mature, profitable companies pay dividends.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 23:12 | Report Abuse

The Dividend Yield
Many investors like to watch the dividend yield, which is calculated as the annual dividend income per share divided by the current share price. The dividend yield measures the amount of income received in proportion to the share price. If a company has a low dividend yield compared to other companies in its sector, it can mean two things: (1) the share price is high because the market reckons the company has impressive prospects and isn't overly worried about the company's dividend payments, or (2) the company is in trouble and cannot afford to pay reasonable dividends. At the same time, however, a high dividend yield can signal a sick company with a depressed share price.

Dividend yield is of little importance for growth companies because, as we discussed above, retained earnings will be reinvested in expansion opportunities, giving shareholders profits in the form of capital gains (think Microsoft).

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-16 23:13 | Report Abuse

Dividend Coverage Ratio
When you evaluate a company's dividend-paying practices, ask yourself if the company can afford to pay the dividend. The ratio between a company's earnings and net dividend paid to shareholders - known as dividend coverage - remains a well-used tool for measuring whether earnings are sufficient to cover dividend obligations. The ratio is calculated as earnings per share divided by the dividend per share. When coverage is getting thin, odds are good that there will be a dividend cut, which can have a dire impact on valuation. Investors can feel safe with a coverage ratio of 2 or 3. In practice, however, the coverage ratio becomes a pressing indicator when coverage slips below about 1.5, at which point prospects start to look risky. If the ratio is under 1, the company is using its retained earnings from last year to pay this year's dividend.

At the same time, if the payout gets very high, say above 5, investors should ask whether management is withholding excess earnings, not paying enough cash to shareholders. Managers who raise their dividends are telling investors that the course of business over the coming 12 months or more will be stable.

The Dreaded Dividend Cut
If a company with a history of consistently rising dividend payments suddenly cuts its payments, investors should treat this as a signal that trouble is looming.

While a history of steady or increasing dividends is certainly reassuring, investors need to be wary of companies that rely on borrowings to finance those payments. Again, take the utilities industry, which once attracted investors with reliable earnings and fat dividends. As some of those companies were diverting cash into expansion opportunities while trying to maintain dividend levels, they had to take on greater debt levels. Watch out for companies with debt-to-equity ratios greater than 60%. Higher debt levels often lead to pressure from Wall Street as well as debt-rating agencies. That, in turn, can hamper a company's ability to pay its dividend.

Read more: Why Dividends Matter http://www.investopedia.com/articles/fundamental/03/102903.asp#ixzz4n0YACwRT
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Qj1512

29 posts

Posted by Qj1512 > 2017-07-17 00:46 | Report Abuse

Thank you Calvin for the write up on the importance of dividend, it is very educational. Fiona Wong.

Yippy68

1,685 posts

Posted by Yippy68 > 2017-07-17 07:51 | Report Abuse

thank you calvin. you did not talk about the prospective benifit of MBSB MERGER WITH AFB, may be can say a bit more on this.tq

smalltimer

1,501 posts

Posted by smalltimer > 2017-07-17 08:05 | Report Abuse

U forgot to mention ur prediction on lousy opcom

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-17 10:32 | Report Abuse

richDad1 LIIHEN provides dividend yield of 7.5% to 8%...
17/07/2017 07:41

Yes Liihen is also good in dividend

For year 2016 Liihen paid out a total of 22 sen dividends
or almost 7%

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-17 10:34 | Report Abuse

Qj1512 Thank you Calvin for the write up on the importance of dividend, it is very educational. Fiona Wong.
17/07/2017 00:46

Thank you Fiona,

Life is a learning journey. I am still learning every day.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-17 10:38 | Report Abuse

Yippy68 thank you calvin. you did not talk about the prospective benifit of MBSB MERGER WITH AFB, may be can say a bit more on this.tq
17/07/2017 07:51

I need lots of time to study this. So it will take time. I think the merger between RHB & Ambank were called off

Merger has its good & bad aspects

One of them is retrenchment
See
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2017/06/05/thousands-may-lose-jobs-in-rhb-ambank-merger/

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-17 10:40 | Report Abuse

smalltimer U forgot to mention ur prediction on lousy opcom
17/07/2017 08:05

May I ask you what are you so impatient with Opcom?

If you can't wait just sell to Calvin now at 58 sen. I parked there to buy Opcom at 58 sen right NOW!

Anyone else can also sell to Calvin at 58 sen

Thank you very much!

Qj1512

29 posts

Posted by Qj1512 > 2017-07-19 14:14 | Report Abuse

hi Calvin, i was looking for Neoh Soon Kean' books in Kinokuniya, i could not find a single piece, i would appreciate your advice. thanks.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2017-07-22 15:58 | Report Abuse

Qj1512
Dr Neoh's investment book has been out of print for a long time already.

I visited his office in Penang years back and they told me some of the contents are now outdated.
He might come out with an updated copy one day. And for that we are still waiting.

The last printed copy of Dynaquest Stock Performance Guide was in Sept 2015

Try calling popular book whether they still have copies left in stock

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-10-11 09:12 | Report Abuse

STOCKS WITH DIVIDEND SUPPORT SELDOM FALL BELOW 12% YIELD

SPECULATIVE STOCKS MIGHT FALL 90% WITHOUT DIVIDEND SUPPORT

90% FALL?

WHICH ONE?

SO DON'T BE SORCHAI CATCHING FALLING KNIVES

Post a Comment
Market Buzz