Posted by miketyu > 2018-01-11 10:40 | Report Abuse

You are in malaysia at the moment?

Posted by Old_and_Golden > 2018-01-11 10:50 | Report Abuse

yes in KL...:)

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-01-11 10:57 | Report Abuse

Originally Posted by boeing767:
I invested my life savings of RM26,000 in the stock market after the 2008 financial crisis, and then it ballooned up to like RM300,000+ in value, which at that time was valued at >US$100k. This was back in 2011.

After running away to the US, I "parked" my stock holdings with my mom. Unfortunately, she sold a bunch of stock away to pay for my lawyer fees (RM100,000) and bail. Also over the years, my stock portfolio isn't doing too well anymore, because Malaysia is going to hell under Najib.

However, I still managed to move over a significant amount of my money over to the US using Bitcoins. That's for emergencies only, which is why I never liquidated them, no matter how hard it was the first few months in the US.

Posted by Old_and_Golden > 2018-01-11 11:08 | Report Abuse

PlsGiveBonus...I missed your points...

Is it about running to the USA is good? Or is about not leaving shares under the custody of your mom?

winidapu

25 posts

Posted by winidapu > 2018-01-11 11:18 | Report Abuse

liked

feimah

907 posts

Posted by feimah > 2018-01-11 20:10 | Report Abuse

Rule number 1, don't gamble or speculate your retirement fund.
Rule number 2, don't get into any stock/investment that you don't understand.
There is no free lunch and you are on your own.
Always must have an exit plan.
Just bite the bullet if the cw-ca losses is small.
You may switch to hy mother share or low premium cw with much longer tenure if you want to take more risk. Ie 3 mths

feimah

907 posts

Posted by feimah > 2018-01-11 20:24 | Report Abuse

@deMusangking
As long as not over done..

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-01-11 20:28 | Report Abuse

What is ahmoiiing ? Means how?

Posted by Old_and_Golden > 2018-01-12 08:32 | Report Abuse

yes...what is Ahmoiing?
Sounds a bit off the main path, no?

Posted by dadakang_chiakchitor > 2018-01-17 08:15 | Report Abuse

from your writing, it doesn't seem like you is a newbie at all , pretending to be a newbie er? kikikikiki

CW play are constrained by its life span.if the catalysts are not favorable to underlying, waiting = committing suicide

last year, OTB wrote an email to get clarification with the management on the schedule shutdown. Remember, the management only reverted that there will be no scheduled shut down for maintenance for the next 2 quarters ( Q3 & Q4 FY17). When it was quoted, it was somewhere near Oct-Nov 17. there is no certainty if there is no shutdown post Q4 which is expected to be reported end Feb 18.

CW is an offensive play, they take position because of the expectation of better future earning. During the period of August to Dec 17, that was the most ideal period. Now coming to end Feb 18, post result Q4 17, say the result also sibek superb. Are you going to hold it into Q1 18 knowing the uncertainty of shutdown & current deteriorating crack spread ? How are you going to sell if most of ppl have my kind of thinking ?

Remember, you cannot play CW like fundamental play / die die hold. CWs are constrained by the expiry date.

sibek panlai Halite already escaped with money, now he is looking for new GF already.

Posted by Old_and_Golden > 2018-01-17 10:25 | Report Abuse

dadakang-chiakchitor...

Wanna sell my HY CJ, but too much loss...so still waiting to reduce loss to affordable level and will sell all even if not breaking even.

I am newbie to KLSE, only recently after retirement lorr..

Post a Comment
Market Buzz