1 person likes this.

87 comment(s). Last comment by PlsGiveBonus 2018-05-30 17:54

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-05-29 13:59 | Report Abuse

HIGH PAY WITH HIGH COST OF LIVING AT LEAST BETTER THAN NO JOBS LIKE GREECE

IN THE USA THERE WAS A JOKE ABOUT RUSSIA IN THOSE EARLY DAYS

"THEY SAY IN RUSSIA THEY DON'T NEED TO PAY INCOME TAX. THE REASON, "WELL, THE COMMUNIST RUSSIANS HAVE NO INCOME".

Once upon a time under Mao Tze Tung everything was cheap in China

Rent control cause a house to be rented out for only One Dollar per year

But were those China people happy in Chairman Mao time?

Do Chinese want the cheapness of Chairman Mao time?

JUST THINK?

traderman

7,854 posts

Posted by traderman > 2018-05-29 13:59 | Report Abuse

Japan don't have 1JDB

chinaman

3,219 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-05-29 14:04 | Report Abuse

In 2008 the Malaysian government halted the project citing high-costs of over RM8 billion. From myr8billion initial cost increase to myr110billion within 10 year lag...how to swallow??

nnMM

145 posts

Posted by nnMM > 2018-05-29 14:07 | Report Abuse

those having properties in iskandar n jurong feeling the burnt

TrippleZ

1,563 posts

Posted by TrippleZ > 2018-05-29 14:35 | Report Abuse

Government changed. Fair enough for some people to lose money.

AdCool

3,859 posts

Posted by AdCool > 2018-05-29 14:45 | Report Abuse

We don't have the money. End of story. Nobody can afford to pay RM300 per way from KL to Singapore for daily commute. Even for those who stay in Johor and need to fork out RM150 per way. Who can afford RM300 x 22 working day = RM6600 per month to travel to work from Johor to Singapore? Even with 20% discount for frequent commuter, that would be RM5280. That would be around SGD1800. Unless that person easily earn SGD15K, I dont think anyone in their right minds would want to stay in Malaysia while work in Singapore. Maybe for weekend travel still possible but would that justify the cost of building it when the train is half empty from Monday to Friday but fully occupied on weekends?

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-05-29 14:56 | Report Abuse

No lah. Not don't have money. It is, "Don't have the Will only"

In Japan they got Rm55 Trillions Debt yet they want to build more latest HSR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinkansen#Maglev_trains_2

For US already Rm84 Trillions in Debt

See US DEBT

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

With USD Debt up to the nose Donald Trump is proposing another USD1.5 Trillions (Rm6 Trillions Debt) for US Infrar works

See

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/us-president-donald-trump-unveils-massive-1-5-trillion-infrastructure-plan/articleshow/62891649.cms

beso

2,137 posts

Posted by beso > 2018-05-29 15:21 | Report Abuse

this calvin really problematic minded, japan and malaysia are totally not comparable, japan population is about 7x more than malaysia, japan built shinkansen on their own without any foreign infrastructure and technology players participation thus japan had the economy scale to justify shinkansen hsr project but not malaysia.

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-05-29 15:33 |

Post removed.Why?

beso

2,137 posts

Posted by beso > 2018-05-29 16:10 | Report Abuse

since calvin is so unknowledgeable, let me tell you
indonesia population is as many as japan
india population is slightly more than 1.3b
thailand population is 2.x time more than malaysia
see it watery brain

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2018-05-29 16:49 | Report Abuse

it's well known that Tan End the sakai will quote this quote that and relate everything that's in his favour.

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-05-29 17:16 | Report Abuse

it is not polpulation alone. it will be the purchasing power of people...especially malaysians working in Spore for 1st world salary scale

calvintaneng

53,225 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-05-29 19:46 | Report Abuse

The kl spore air route being the hottest is just an indicator of the prevailing boom in Asia Pacific Center.

More underlying positives are the rise of trade within Asean, China, Korea and Japan to the North, India to the West and Indonesia, Australasia to the South.

So many more trucks and lorries will travel south to Iskandar and Spore for import and export of goods and services

SO HSR IS NOT AN OPTION BUT A NECCESSITY

100 YEARS AGO THE FIRST CAR TOOK ONE FULL DAY TO TRAVEL FROM KL TO KELANG

TODAY WITH KLANG VALLEY EXPRESSWAY IT TAKES ONLY ONE HOUR

SO IS THE INTERNET. ALL COPPER WIRES CHANGED TO OPTIC FIBER FOR THE SPEED OF LIGHT

HSR BEING THE FASTEST AND SAFEST LAND TRANSPORT IS THE ULTIMATE FOR GROWTH AND PROGRESS

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-05-29 20:43 | Report Abuse

13. In the interim, should you lose a few bob betting in a fluctuating stock market, put it down to bad timing or misfortunate or stupidity. Try not to blame our newfound administrative transparency. It’s a good thing. Our lives are more important than your index points. Truly.

Posted by Evertraveler > 2018-05-29 23:11 | Report Abuse

Instead of building HSR, I would prefer our gov to use the fund to abolish North-South Expressway toll. Unlike HSR which will only benefit a few towns and rich citizens, abolishing NSE toll can bring development on all towns along NSE. In the meantime, all Malaysians regardless rich or poor can benefit from it.

relaks

836 posts

Posted by relaks > 2018-05-30 00:53 | Report Abuse

HSR will just save us 1 hr travelling time. But cost us RM110 billion. Let Tun handle this case, nonit politicise it too much. You keep writing n writing about it oso no use. We up to nose in debt. Ask your gomen to waive the half RMbil penalty la, afterall spore involvement < 10%. Neighbour in trouble, still want to squeeze till we die izzit? Hati mesti baik.

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-05-30 02:05 | Report Abuse

I"m not sure how lsl would react with regards to the RM500 million penalty on the cancellation party, but if I'm him, I would forfeit that Rm500 million. Tun not going to changed his mind, if singapore claimed that RM500 million, i think more or less there would be enmity. RM500 million is not a lot to singapore, divide by 3, is just about SGD 167million. So why no try to use this penalty(good will gesture) to build a relationship with the new govt rather than souring it. I mean if I'm lsl, this is what i would do.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-30 03:43 | Report Abuse

The only country that make profit from building HSR is China because of it's big population. In order for HSR to be profitable, you need to carry 100million passenger a year which only countries like China and India can do. Most country in europe lose money after buidling HSR. Try google Italy HSR where the companies already declared bankcrupt and need government bailout.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-30 03:44 | Report Abuse

Calvin Tan, only morons compare Malaysia with Brazil and Venezuela.

Posted by 10212264665705646 > 2018-05-30 03:46 | Report Abuse

what a shitty piece of crap. you call this research?

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-30 03:47 | Report Abuse

Calvin Tan, USA government owe USA money in USD. Basically it is not debt. When you owe yourself money, it is not debt. IN accounting, you called it a debt. But if you don't pay yourself, who the hell is going to go after you? The most important metric is the foreign debts. How much of Malaysia debt is foreign own? That is the most important metric.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-30 03:49 | Report Abuse

Educate yourself about the economic viability of HSR from this website:- https://www.intheblack.com/articles/2015/09/01/bullet-trains-and-the-economics-of-high-speed-railways

Pribumi

65 posts

Posted by Pribumi > 2018-05-30 03:53 | Report Abuse

Dr M already ask S'porean to vote PAP out next GE.

Posted by hollandking > May 30, 2018 02:05 AM | Report Abuse
I"m not sure how lsl would react with regards to the RM500 million penalty on the cancellation party, but if I'm him, I would forfeit that Rm500 million. Tun not going to changed his mind, if singapore claimed that RM500 million, i think more or less there would be enmity. RM500 million is not a lot to singapore, divide by 3, is just about SGD 167million. So why no try to use this penalty(good will gesture) to build a relationship with the new govt rather than souring it. I mean if I'm lsl, this is what i would do.

Pribumi

65 posts

Posted by Pribumi > 2018-05-30 03:55 | Report Abuse

Dr M is right.

Posted by VWWong > May 30, 2018 03:43 AM | Report Abuse
The only country that make profit from building HSR is China because of it's big population. In order for HSR to be profitable, you need to carry 100million passenger a year which only countries like China and India can do. Most country in europe lose money after buidling HSR. Try google Italy HSR where the companies already declared bankcrupt and need government bailout.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-30 04:24 | Report Abuse

Calvin Tan, some boys like to play with expensive toys. I got a friend who likes to buy expensive car as hobby until Proton is sold to China, then the revenue drop and end up firing many workers. Expensive toys is only a short term gratification and image building. It is only form and not substance. Substance is Silicon valley and cancer medicine from USA. Substance is when Thomas edison invented light bulbs, telephone and electricity that benefit humankind.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-30 04:25 | Report Abuse

Calvin Tan, Singh Is King. Don't confuse HSR issue with Karpal Singh.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-30 04:32 | Report Abuse

Flight is more economical than expensive toys for show-off like HSR. Look at USA where flight is cheap and does not need expensive toys like HSR that cost untold environment damage. Don't look at Japan. Japan's companies in the long run has lost out to Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple and many more science and technology companies in USA. Not to mention, that most of the cancer medicine are from USA.

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-30 04:40 | Report Abuse

Japanese way of sacrificing oneself for the country and company has proven to be the loser way of attracting talent and creating world beating companies. It can win in the short run, until the people are so tired working day and night and reaching home at 12 am where the children hardly has any quality time with the dad, that destroys the very social fabric of strong family bond. In the end, Japanese companies has lost out to USA. In USA, individual talents are embraced and celebrated.

Sacrificing oneself for the country, company or religion is a false pride. Silicon Valley wins and they attracted the most progressive, non-religious talent that uses science and technology to bring progress to humankind.

China will soon follows Japan's path to stagflation. As a Chinese, I know Chinese are full of 5000 years of Chinese history pride. It is a false pride. chinese traditional medicine is a hoax. Those shark fins, tiger penis and rhino horn has no scientific evidence or whatsoever to cure any disease.

kong73

2,043 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2018-05-30 05:24 | Report Abuse

Chinese medicine got Tiger Penis?.. seriously?

akh731

317 posts

Posted by akh731 > 2018-05-30 10:44 | Report Abuse

Japan still the winner for thier entertaiment business.

jv1758

27 posts

Posted by jv1758 > 2018-05-30 11:44 | Report Abuse

Calvin could you also do a research on the level of debt of those countries doing intercity rail projects ? As for Japan, it makes sense to travel due to the limited land available in their highly populated cities which makes housing expensive and travel tickets cheaper. But in Malaysia the situation is the opposite. Why go so far ? Just compare the prices of ticket for the ERL and KLIA transit. That will give you some indication on the ticket prices for ECRL and HSR.

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-30 11:47 | Report Abuse

Well said, jv1758

I will never use ERL because its ridiculous pricing, not competitive at all.

jv1758 Calvin could you also do a research on the level of debt of those countries doing intercity rail projects ? As for Japan, it makes sense to travel due to the limited land available in their highly populated cities which makes housing expensive and travel tickets cheaper. But in Malaysia the situation is the opposite. Why go so far ? Just compare the prices of ticket for the ERL and KLIA transit. That will give you some indication on the ticket prices for ECRL and HSR.
30/05/2018 11:44

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-05-30 12:04 | Report Abuse

All are good if feasibility studies have been carefully carried out & the benefits are outweight its costs, it happen to China & Japan.

How about in Malaysia? No studies conducted & the main purpose.... you know i know lah, it is how last time people cari duit from government project mah.

The actual cost for 1 million job can actually be only RM200k, what the f_ck!

mujibur

14 posts

Posted by mujibur > 2018-05-30 12:14 | Report Abuse

This Calvin Tan ie either the recipient of Ddedak or an agent of Singapore. He try to justify why HSR is feasible. Yes. off course is feasible to Singapore not not to Malaysia. If Singapore want the HSR, they must share the cost equally and also share the profit or loss on running the HSR. Now Malaysia take 90% cost and singapore only 10%.

iswara

896 posts

Posted by iswara > 2018-05-30 12:39 | Report Abuse

Malaysia went back to 80's ......
World is changing every day.....
What we need in the further, not now.....

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-05-30 12:44 | Report Abuse

Japanese hardworking
Don’t have race card, gender card, quota card, etc privilege card.
Everyone is equal, they success due to meritocracy. Given you the same company to run by like the ecrl, Japanese will likely run it successfully, but not you.

iswara

896 posts

Posted by iswara > 2018-05-30 12:45 | Report Abuse

China even loss huge money from operating their high speed trains, but why they still continuing to invest..
Think !!!
If we cant shorten the distance between each cities how can we attract peoples to develop it, without invest how to benefit residents.................

iswara

896 posts

Posted by iswara > 2018-05-30 12:46 | Report Abuse

i think they can sit down to discuss how to bring down the cost......

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-05-30 12:57 | Report Abuse

So telling a bunch of thief to ran ecrl successfully like Japanese who is hardworking and willing to take risk? I better believe Japanese then, it is the people who make the dream success, not the project itself make it success, how many thousands project had failed because of incapable leadership?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-05-30 13:00 | Report Abuse

Project failed like 1mdb already still don’t want to step down... and make more project like ecrl? Really? Fool me twice now want to fool again? But we are not foolish, we may be fooled for 50 years.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-05-30 13:11 | Report Abuse

All project approved by previous gov must be scraped!!
We trust the people who run the project. We don’t trust the project run the people to success.
No change no talk.

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2018-05-30 13:15 | Report Abuse

Look at the HSR IN TAIWAN ! INDEED THEIR PROJECT OF HSR IS ALWAYS LOSING MONEY. CAUSE NOT ECONOMIC WISE. JUST WASTE OF MONEY!

VWWong

624 posts

Posted by VWWong > 2018-05-30 13:22 | Report Abuse

PLSGiveBonus, Japanese society are a very discriminative society. Japanese even discriminate against Japanese with Chinese or Koreans parents. They reward seniority and loyalty more than meritocracy. Japanese hardly welcome immigration to the country. That is why their population is dwindling and has no growth for the past 30 years.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-05-30 13:26 | Report Abuse

@Winter Bear, local talent who willing to work hard already fled to other countries, no meritocracy who want to work hard? All want privilege only, privilege created too many talk only no action minister, always want gender first, race first, then quota, then bumi, then minority, disabled minister also can come out, everyday think of new privilege why want to work hard for the nation? I also want to being privilege like that.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-05-30 13:32 | Report Abuse

Discriminate the foreigner, respect the local talent, given you ran a family, you will discriminate your own child? Come on, Japanese did all the right thing, they are the proud nation who don’t give benefit to other countries. You want your country to become like open leg policy countries? Let foreigner come steal our resource?

XXXvalue

453 posts

Posted by XXXvalue > 2018-05-30 13:34 | Report Abuse

want faster use airasia lah...why HSR?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-05-30 14:06 | Report Abuse

Talent who had fled, it is up to them, we don’t force them. If they had the willingness to come back of course it is the best outcome, wouldn’t they desire “change” so badly, they had the opportunities now, it is their choice, we don’t have to tell them what they should do. They may contribute to help shaping the future society, if they desire money they will not come back, or they may desire good karma, some people are too wealthy they may just willing to help building the country.

relaks

836 posts

Posted by relaks > 2018-05-30 17:28 | Report Abuse

Move on la, Calvin! Thats history now. Tell yr frens dun be sour grapes. Invest in klse la, bargain now. When they get filthy rich, can fly 1st class to kl, take train where got class!? Haha!

Posted by pakatan_harapan2 > 2018-05-30 17:31 | Report Abuse

Some1 think BN still rule forever? That's history now haha.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-05-30 17:54 | Report Abuse

Of course Japanese is very discriminate, you go to their country you cannot compete, so you shouting everything is discrimination on Japan, but they are not going to give you any privilege like you can do here, no minority privilege, no gender privilege, no donation privilege, no bullshit, only the weakling need to use “discrimination” to justify their action.
:)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz