5 people like this.

83 comment(s). Last comment by PlsGiveBonus 2018-06-07 22:51

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-06-05 20:32 | Report Abuse

Yeah. Just saying.

If you are super investor, with a small capital base (less than 500m), its possible. Probably a lot of volatility.

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2018-06-05 20:40 | Report Abuse

to sell u insurance and unit trust products , first they scare you and then they impress you with a certified financial planner title.

stockmanmy, i must clap for you. well said! CFP lai liao!

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-05 21:49 | Report Abuse

newbie8080 > Jun 5, 2018 07:05 PM | Report Abuse

@ Jon Choivo

I think 20% return p.a is not quite possible.
Somewhere between 10%-15% is more realistic.
=========

whether 10%, 20% or higher volatility depends on your portfolio design ..........go sailang ,u can get 30% or more volatility a year easily.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-05 21:51 | Report Abuse

y Flintstones > Jun 5, 2018 08:40 PM | Report Abuse

to sell u insurance and unit trust products , first they scare you and then they impress you with a certified financial planner title.

===========

its something everybody knows , yet every body still uses

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-06 05:34 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jun 5, 2018 09:49 PM | Report Abuse

whether 10%, 20% or higher volatility depends on your portfolio design ..........go sailang ,u can get 30% or more volatility a year easily.....

John was saying about return, the percentage earned each year.

Um, I never know people invest for "volatility".

Go "sailang" and get 30% or more volatility? Volatility for what?

"Sailang"? What has been the result of your "sailang" so far this year? Lost your underwear?

You just blurt out rubbish from your mouth without going through your brain!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-06 06:15 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jun 5, 2018 03:15 PM | Report Abuse

But sadly the financial advisory in Malaysia is still a lot to be desired. Most are focussing on selling products rather than giving comprehensive financial advice.
======
isn't selling insurance and unit trust products what it is all about?

Can't imagine the thinking of a 60+ old, accountant some more, has this type of extreme shallow, uninformed thinking.

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2018-06-06 07:53 | Report Abuse

stockman, obviously this kc虫 only knows how to extrapolate data from past results lah. I am quite certain he will apply the same thing in his new financial planning business. You know what? Hes gonna ask you to put your money in 4% FD and show you nice charts 100 years into the future to convince dumbos he is smart!

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2018-06-06 07:55 | Report Abuse

Kc虫 was a mediocre market speculator at best. Those who engaged his service will know. He knows too. And hence the change of career direction.

paperplane

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2018-06-06 08:14 | Report Abuse

Not logic to get a lousy car. Spend few more thpusands tp get a decent one. Thpse 5k in long run ypu spend more on maintenance

paperplane

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2018-06-06 08:15 | Report Abuse

I agree with goh. Je is the most consustent guy here. Worth to listen to his advise

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-06 08:28 | Report Abuse

Posted by Flintstones > Jun 5, 2018 08:40 PM | Report Abuse

Finally I find our loyal follower of yours. Snakes and rats lying on the same bed.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-06 08:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by Flintstones > Jun 6, 2018 07:53 AM | Report Abuse

stockman, obviously this kc虫 only knows how to extrapolate data from past results lah. I am quite certain he will apply the same thing in his new financial planning business. You know what? Hes gonna ask you to put your money in 4% FD and show you nice charts 100 years into the future to convince dumbos he is smart!

So far I have written 318 articles in i3investor here,

https://klse.i3investor.com/jsp/blog/blmain.jsp

And you have 1258 posts here,

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/cube/post/flintstones.jsp

It doesn't need a genius to differentiate who is likely to be a 虫, a parasite.

Sslee

4,670 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-06-06 08:54 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
My advice to all youngsters just starting your first job is to plan your career path. Set a target what you want to be in 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 years from now.
For the first 5 year, you need to concentrate in investing in your human capital, be the first one to arrive and last one to leave. Learn from everyone the inside out of your trade, read book, get to know people, help/teach and prepare your subordinate to take on greater responsibility (higher post) and get yourself a good superior/mentor that can help or show you how things is done. Find pride in your work. Avoid office politics and keep a distant from those good for nothing boot licker. Build up a relationship with those sharing the same value/principle/hardworking/trustworthiness people. When you are ready and know your worth then it time for you to think what you really want in life. (You create your own fortune/luck when preparation meets opportunity)

I still remember I first bought my insurance Great Eastern Economic life when I get my first job (RM600/year with term raider) and nominated my mum as benefactor. That the least I can do for my parent and sending back RM200 to my parents every month.
On share investment, we actually apply for share during IPO and it was almost like getting extra bonus if you are lucky to get one. (Sure winner).

Thank you.

Sami_Value

429 posts

Posted by Sami_Value > 2018-06-06 08:58 | Report Abuse

property investment is good provided it is done correctly. it should be the gateway for your first pot of silver.

1) find the down payment 10% - this is always the challenge but it can be done. You just have to find the way - out of the box. If everyone can do it, no challenge already.

2) buy a property at the strategic location - must be ready to move in. Pay installment monthly = paying rental monthly. Lease out the excess vacant rooms = additional rental collection to ease burden of commitment. leverage on the housing loan. Some ppl get net income by doing this.

3) after properties appreciated in value a few years, you can decide to dispose it. The gain will be easily 6 digits. There goes your first pot of silver.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-06-06 09:19 | Report Abuse

This stock market now look like marriage agreement.
After marriage all become toothless lion already,
Real man become scare of women.
This is what happen to the stock market, investor become married to the director of the company who sell their useless derivatives. After marriage all investor become toothless lion already.
This is what happens when you highly regulate stock market just like how society highly regulate marriage market, it favours the inequalities over meritocracy.
:)

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-06-06 09:26 | Report Abuse

Who is the one tell you don’t get marry to the same company?
They failed to tell you how the marriage agreement work against your personal goal of life.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-06 10:11 | Report Abuse

Excellent advice ks55, gohkimhock, sslee, Sami-value.

sslee, I particularly like your comment below,

"keep a distant from those good for nothing boot licker"

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 10:27 | Report Abuse

kc

are you saying ? come , come to me, I give you compounding....Don't go there without me. That place is a swamp with many traps. Only I can show you the way to compounding.....

If only that statement is true, I leave you alone in peace.

The tool of certified financial planner is compounding....If compounding is your target, please be satisfied with fixed income securities....If you want compounding, leave equities alone because in equities every year is different. As individuals, you are not going to have sufficient diversification to come any where near compounding.

Good advisors, experienced advisers know....You got to tailor your recommendations to the clients....You cannot apply the same stick for all the audience in an internet forum. You are breaking the cardinal rule for advisors by trying to sell your stuffs here.

I like to see certified financial planners help themselves before they can help the world. I doubt if they can even help themselves......with all their certified financial planning tools and expertise.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-06 10:37 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jun 6, 2018 10:27 AM | Report Abuse

kc

are you saying ? come , come to me, I give you compounding....Don't go there without me. That place is a swamp with many traps. Only I can show you the way to compounding.....

ME: I AM A HEAD FULL OF DEW WATER TRYING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING!

If only that statement is true, I leave you alone in peace.

The tool of certified financial planner is compounding....

ME: WHAT THE HACK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? IS THAT THE ONLY THING YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT COMPOUNDING? OMG!

If compounding is your target, please be satisfied with fixed income securities....If you want compounding, leave equities alone because in equities every year is different.

ME: IS THAT HOW AN "ACCOUNTANT" UNDERSTAND ABOUT COMPOUNDING? OMG!
DOES COMPOUNDING MEANS EVERY YEAR A FIXED RETURN? OMG!

As individuals, you are not going to have sufficient diversification to come any where near compounding.

ME: SUFFICIENT DIVERSIFICATION TO COME ANY WHERE NEAR COMPOUNDING?
WHAT DOES DIVERSIFICATION HAS TO DO WITH COMPOUNDING? ARE YOU REALLY AN ACCOUNTANT?

Good advisors, experienced advisers know....You got to tailor your recommendations to the clients....You cannot apply the same stick for all the audience in an internet forum. You are breaking the cardinal rule for advisors by trying to sell your stuffs here.

ME: HOW DO I "APPLY SAME STICK FOR ALL AUDIENCE"?
WHAT DO I SELL HERE?

I like to see certified financial planners help themselves before they can help the world. I doubt if they can even help themselves......with all their certified financial planning tools and expertise.

ME: SO YOU ARE THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 11:14 | Report Abuse

kc

don't pretend to an idiot.....I know you are not an idiot....You know exactly what I mean.

Hanging pig head to sell dog meat. A conman by any other name is still a conman.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 11:26 | Report Abuse

Hanging pig head to sell dog meat. A conman by any other name is still a conman.

How many of these certified financial planners types actually made money from the stock market? How many of them have a good track record to show? How many of them have superior performance?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-06 11:26 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jun 6, 2018 11:14 AM | Report Abuse
kc
don't pretend to an idiot.....I know you are not an idiot....You know exactly what I mean.

No, I don't understand you. As a matter of fact, most of the time I do not know what you are talking about. They are all jumbo mambo. Nobody understand you, I believe.

Who is a conman is easy to find out and make a judgement. Just read what they write and how they act. The writing is all over.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 12:02 | Report Abuse

Many roads lead to Rome....but all the roads are built on personal struggles.

no magic formula, only got struggles and effort.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 12:07 | Report Abuse

kc

at least learn from someone with a proven track record ...practise better than theory ...........

Many roads lead to Rome....but all the roads are built on personal struggles.

no magic formula, only got struggles and effort.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 12:23 | Report Abuse

don't have to look far....just look at today's green colors....today is a better day most days in recent past......most of the greens are rewards for those willing and able to take some risks just when things look the darkest......

riks and rewards are inseperable twins.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 16:30 | Report Abuse

there is a Parkson here my house. I think Parkson is very badly managed.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 16:34 | Report Abuse

any share also can speculate....if you do it on your own account and do it secretly.....

but if you want to take out your certified financial planner credentials, you should do it with responsibility meaning only shares of a decent size, with excellent management and excellent prospects.......that way, even if shares go down, at least the company is still growing......

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 16:37 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 16:40 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 16:44 | Report Abuse

if advisers restrict themselves to companies exceeding $ 1 billion market cap.....I think there is some sense of responsibilities with them......

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 16:48 | Report Abuse

There should be a difference between bloggers ...and people collecting fees......

Those collecting fees should show a higher standard and should restrict themselves to companies with market cap exceeding $ 1 billion.....This , they would not do because there do not have the sense of responsibility to their clients.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-06-06 17:06 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jun 6, 2018 04:37 PM | Report Abuse
but if you want to take out your certified financial planner credentials, you should do it with responsibility meaning only shares of a decent size, with excellent management and excellent prospects.......that way, even if shares go down, at least the company is still growing......
but what i find happening is the opposite.....people like OTB and KC no business sense.....keep on recommending sunset companies / sunset industries just because they deem them value buys based on historical records.

Actually you don't realize. The more you spew out venom, the more you exposed yourself.

1) You have given out confirmation that how immature you are as a 60+ adult.

2) You confirm yourself without doubt that you aren't really a real accountant.

3) You have proven yourself you have no idea about what investing is

4) You have no idea about what a financial planner's responsibilities are

5) You project a terrible example to the youngsters and the public.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 17:19 | Report Abuse

stop speculating in untested small caps and collecting fees all at the same time

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 17:43 | Report Abuse

kc

write well...write conservatively but specializes in small caps because he think he can whack these easier.....

hanging pig heads to sell dog meat....no shame.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-06-06 17:56 | Report Abuse

Marriage agreement just as dangerous as stock market
“Invest for the long terms and diversified” just like “marry to a same wife long terms and diversify into many kids”
It is very bad idea.
Personally I will prefer just pump and dump any girl. If they manage to bear my child, I will just take the child and dump their ass too.
No fine dining or wining to the girl that just want to take away all my resource but don’t want to bear my child at all. Long terms into a gold digger and fine dining and wining? Unless you have very thick wallet.
Now take a look at stock market, invest for long terms “blue chip” aka gold digging young women, and wasting your resource for long terms, it is a losing game no matter what you do.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-06 18:02 | Report Abuse

by PlsGiveBonus > Jun 6, 2018 05:56 PM | Report Abuse

Marriage agreement just as dangerous as stock market
===========

do whatever pleases u...at least no hanging pig heads to sell dog meat.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-06-06 21:47 | Report Abuse

Cost of living very high already and the one who put food on the table. Who’s is it? It has never changed for so many years, the jobs market will always favours one gander over another, I still remember the first time I go for job interviews and I need to go for many interviews just to get one job offer, but the other gender just get the job almost instantly, yet who’s the one put food on the table without any source of stable income? But luckily they get lazier and don’t want to take up the low paying job anymore so the other gender can grab the job much easier now. Then the low paying job all go to even cheaper labour. Inequality always existed just accept it.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-06-06 22:21 | Report Abuse

I will tell my kids when they grown up, to go and pump and dump as many girls as possible when they are still young, get married or dump her and take the kids, it is the best time to do so because they have nothing to loss in term of a divorce, it all become complicated when they get older, they all become can’t afford to loss, the gender problem could be the only core problem of all the other following problem we face today.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-07 15:23 | Report Abuse

hang pig head to sell dog meat , no good

want to gamble, gamble la
want to speculate, speculate la
do whatever pleases you, be true to yourself.

But, There are reasons why EPF and conservative funds insist on putting their money in big caps.

They do not want to risk workers' retirement money in risky small caps with insufficient track records.

kc...why you want to talk nice, talk conservative and insist on whacking small caps?..... the well being of your clients not your concern? You no responsibility for their well being? Their choice, not yours?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-06-07 16:08 | Report Abuse

Already say stock market = women
You better understand a woman first then you proceed to understand a lot of women
Look carefully it is women (plural) = a lot of woman, not one only.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-07 16:53 | Report Abuse

stock market = women

then choose wisely
some choose wisely some don't

some hang pig head sell dog meat.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-06-07 17:17 | Report Abuse

Like I tell you I very understand women, you see I got a lot of analysis of how women work and got fundamental got fair value got margin,
In comparison, like I tell you I very understand stock market.
:)
Do you really understand stock market (women)? just because you can write a book?
Even if you behave like women to better understand them? Or you decide to become transgender so you can become them? Will it help?
Or you may be just a beta who think they very understand women and slept with thousands of them.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-07 19:01 | Report Abuse

don't have to understand all women....just have to choose wisely so you can have a happy life.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-07 20:11 | Report Abuse

choose wisely

its not the maths formulas
its the business sense in your brain.

look around you...all the successful investors are not due to maths formulas but to business sense inside their brains

you got to believe what your eyes sees, ( about the world around you) not what maths teachers tells you.

I got nothing against maths, just got to have common sense with you.

its not the maths, its the characters that makes a man.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-07 20:14 | Report Abuse

when people tell you margin of safety....ask them to invest in FDs.....don't even bother with equities.

margin of safety comes from your business sense, not from the math formulas.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-07 20:16 | Report Abuse

there was a famous margin of safety guy in i3.....his name is stockraider...... He tapao already.

klee

2,946 posts

Posted by klee > 2018-06-07 20:20 | Report Abuse

you must be joking,stock mkt is peanuts to me but women,they said to know her heart is like finding a needle beneath the sea...wakakaka

klee

2,946 posts

Posted by klee > 2018-06-07 20:22 | Report Abuse

so how many have you slept? sure you din catch vd?

PlsGiveBonus > Jun 7, 2018 04:08 PM | Report Abuse

Already say stock market = women
You better understand a woman first then you proceed to understand a lot of women
Look carefully it is women (plural) = a lot of woman, not one only.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-06-07 20:33 | Report Abuse

have to make sure it is not Roshmah

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2018-06-07 22:51 | Report Abuse

This is a very accurate comparison
I will use a 1% rule.
Hookup successful rate of 1% and compare to stock market successful rate of 1%,
It is not exaggeration, it is actually very good comparison.
It also imply all your knowledge about how stock market work only can make you 1% more chance to win only. Good luck to win by the 1% chance unless you have very deep pocket, but for hookup, you no need to spend any money, you can increase the odds by significantly increase the hookup count per day.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz