Be the first to like this.

11 comment(s). Last comment by Stock Kingdom 2018-08-27 15:38

Posted by J For Janice > 2018-08-05 10:10 | Report Abuse

better avoid life killing stock

HoselGoh

188 posts

Posted by HoselGoh > 2018-08-05 11:56 | Report Abuse

LH farm located in Tamparuli and not Tuaran.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-08-05 12:01 | Report Abuse

They have a layer farm in tuaran.

HoselGoh

188 posts

Posted by HoselGoh > 2018-08-05 12:09 | Report Abuse

Just saw that. Alright. But no one confirm the outbreak is coming from LH farm.

ilovehits

3,955 posts

Posted by ilovehits > 2018-08-05 12:16 | Report Abuse

Tamparuli is a sub-district of Tuaran. LAYHONG's farm there named Sri Tawau Farming. You can find the location with google map.

Posted by William Chong > 2018-08-05 13:15 | Report Abuse

so many stock to buy, why this? Janice is right. Don't create karma.

Up_down

4,304 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-05 13:27 | Report Abuse

LH's integrated livestock farm in Tamparuli name, STF Agriculture Sdn Bhd. It is 50% owned by LH as stated in Annual Report. LH has 50% stakes in Sri Tawau Farming Sdn Bhd as well.

newbie911

1,111 posts

Posted by newbie911 > 2018-08-05 14:58 | Report Abuse

2moro drop 30%?

supersaiyan3

3,128 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2018-08-05 16:21 | Report Abuse

Calvin882 and Up_down seems to be smarter.

Again, LH's farm is located at Tamparuli, which is a sub-district of Tuaran. It has always been the same incident! Since the agricultural minister has declared no bird flu before at press conference about 3 weeks ago, he wants to cover up his earlier mistake, so he said its a routine checkup when he announces bird flu is detected. (probably for the same reason, he didn't mentioned tamparuli but tuaran when he made the announcement).

Junz is still new and young so probably he should be given more chance to perform. At least he didn't cover up the incident.

Anyway, Lay Hong is located within 5km of Foh Lim. So Foh Lim now no more eggs to sell (most chickens dead anyway). The rule says cull all within 1km radius when case confirmed. Another company, EP is right next door so probably all chicken to be culled too.

The next question is, whether the culling zone will expand to 3 or 5km radius.

From the government side story, the pathogen appears to be a weak one, only 1 or 2 (minister say 1, some others say 2) sample found to be AI-positive (while there is high mortality). For the moment, no news of which strain it is (H?N? I mean, as we know H5N1 is deadly, while others are milder), perhaps until further testing. If it is a strong pathogen, likely more AI positive cases to be found, and the culling zone will expand to 5km radius, therefore byebye STF also.

All of the above are general knowledge, anyone should know if you do enough research. Below is my guess.

About 4 weeks ago, there were whatapp messages spreading around, saying a farm at Tamparuli has bird flu, many chicken dead! Later the minister says it is ND (New Castle Disease 雞瘟) instead and not bird flu. One of the pegawai even went on to report police when there were more people saying its bird flu. Therefore, it is highly likely that when it initially happens, someone with experience and expertise has already know its bird flu and tell others. So, my guess is, it is a severe outbreak, probably the government will kawtim LH (expand to 5km radius culling zone) too. (I hope its not a severe one, and i hope that the test is wrong, after all only one or two samples found to be positive, however one should act base on facts rather than emotion).

There appears to be compensation (maybe 50%) from the government, but usually its underfunded. Other side-effects includes market taken over by competitors, etc. If it really happens to the farm, probably in the future not suitable for farming also, difficult to restart.

Again, LH's story has nothing to do with me, just passing by.

Yu_and_Mee

3,450 posts

Posted by Yu_and_Mee > 2018-08-06 05:24 | Report Abuse

impressive detail sharing. Good information. hope layhong can turn green at closing or at least not red.

Stock Kingdom

1,005 posts

Posted by Stock Kingdom > 2018-08-27 15:38 | Report Abuse

Wow, passing by also so professional, thumbs up!!! supersaiyan3

Post a Comment
Market Buzz