abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2018-08-24 23:29 | Report Abuse

Apa khabar pejuang Hevea?

Sslee

4,661 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-08-25 07:34 | Report Abuse

Dear kcchongnz,
The other way of passive investment is in REIT. Should give return better than bank FD rate. This is where I first start my investment in Bursa. It is a bit boring not much movement on price but just waiting for dividend every quarter that is why I started to buy other share get myself burnt and start to do some study on FA, joining i3 and attending AGM to get to know the board, management team and asking hard questions to understand how the business is runned and managed.
Thank you.

dunspace

348 posts

Posted by dunspace > 2018-08-25 07:45 | Report Abuse

Sslee, boring is good. I agree with using REIT as the passive strategy as the yields are pretty good and secure (if you know the property well)

3iii

12,779 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-25 08:25 |

Post removed.Why?

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 08:35 | Report Abuse

Yes unit trust. In gooding time, they eat u 2% commission. In badding time, ur capital gg, and your manager also eat you 2%

If you really no time, and so lazy, then yes unit trust. Don't go for public mutual pls. They straight eat you 5.5% entry. Go fundsupermart.com

Sekian

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 08:36 | Report Abuse

I3 ah... U heard before? Past result is not an indication for future performance. Then why look at last distribution records?

3iii

12,779 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-25 09:06 | Report Abuse

>>>Posted by Alex™ > Aug 25, 2018 08:36 AM | Report Abuse

I3 ah... U heard before? Past result is not an indication for future performance. Then why look at last distribution records?<<<

Good morning, my favourite critic. Please elucidate your point.

3iii

12,779 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-25 09:12 |

Post removed.Why?

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-25 09:13 | Report Abuse

Aiyo... Alex become critic d... So sadding...tot Alex can learn more from i3.

Nothing to add. Just an observation on possible oxymoron in any financial product presentation. Talk so much about historical consistency then in the end added that footnote.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-25 12:22 | Report Abuse

DON BE A PONDAN LOH....IF U KNOW URSELF INCAPABLE & U KNOW MASTERING INVESTMENT VERY IMPORTANT, WHY WASTE UR TIME PARK WITH UNIT TRUST & GIVE U NOT THAT GREAT MEDIOCRE RETURN LEH ???

START WORKING & LEARN HARD ON INVESTING & START YOUNG WHEN U HAVE TIME AND NOT MUCH CAPITAL LOH ....!!

THOSE NO BUSINESS SENSE ADVICE....WILL TELL U...DON INVEST...PUT IN UNIT TRUST...BCOS U R YOUNG & INCAPABLE LOH...!!
RAIDER SAYS BULLSHIT STUPID ADVICE LOH....!!

RAIDER SAYS INVESTMENT IS A VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS TO BE LEARN MAH...!!

Posted by 3iii > Aug 25, 2018 09:12 AM | Report Abuse

>>>>Performance Malaysian Unit Trust Funds

Table 1 in the Appendix shows the return of about 100 unit-trust funds invested in stocks listed in Bursa as provided by The Edge Magazine in the August 18 2018 issue.

The return of the unit funds has not been spectacular as shown in Table 1. For the last 6 months, the average return has been in negative territory. The one-year return is just 1.5%, and the 3-year and 5-year cumulative return is 18.6% and 20.7% respectively. This translates to a compounded annual return (CAR) of just 5.9% and 3.8% for the 3-year and 5-year period respectively.

The above shows that the unit trust funds invested in Malaysian equity has not been that fantastic as it has been shown to us in the image at the top of this article, often by the unit trust agents or financial advisors. It is far from the truth. Also bear in mind that we have ignored the upfront fees charged.

Is there any other option one can invest with lower fee and hopefully a better return for investors?<<<<

My simple advice to the young investors. In your early years, perhaps, park some money in funds. Why? Because you may not have acquired the knowledge or skill to navigate your own investing.

Hopefully, while being invested in the market in funds, you would have taken the initiative to acquire and learn on investing and reach a level of confidence to invest on your own.

Those still incapable for various reasons, would have acquired enough skill or knowledge, to search out the right fund manager to park their money or be happy with just index linked funds.

Up_down

4,279 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-08-25 13:31 | Report Abuse

Raider. Good motivation talk. Lol. In reality, how many many people got the real passion or intentions in investing or trading shares? People surrounding us are mostly interested in making money but very reluctant to put much effort in learning or willing to face tough experiences during their way. There are many obstacles needed to overcome and involve value fine tuning in the real life.... It’s simply not their cup of tea.

Unit Trusts investing serves an indirect investment channel to the majority of the community. We don’t have doubts on its intentions but the main issue is their management capabilities and integrity.

Posted by stockraider > Aug 25, 2018 12:22 PM | Report Abuse

DON BE A PONDAN LOH....IF U KNOW URSELF INCAPABLE & U KNOW MASTERING INVESTMENT VERY IMPORTANT, WHY WASTE UR TIME PARK WITH UNIT TRUST & GIVE U NOT THAT GREAT MEDIOCRE RETURN LEH ???

START WORKING & LEARN HARD ON INVESTING & START YOUNG WHEN U HAVE TIME AND NOT MUCH CAPITAL LOH ....!!

THOSE NO BUSINESS SENSE ADVICE....WILL TELL U...DON INVEST...PUT IN UNIT TRUST...BCOS U R YOUNG & INCAPABLE LOH...!!
RAIDER SAYS BULLSHIT STUPID ADVICE LOH....!!

RAIDER SAYS INVESTMENT IS A VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS TO BE LEARN MAH...!!

Posted by 3iii > Aug 25, 2018 09:12 AM | Report Abuse

Post a Comment
Market Buzz