1 person likes this.

31 comment(s). Last comment by Learner King 2018-10-17 10:55

KenaTipu_

47 posts

Posted by KenaTipu_ > 2018-10-14 17:06 | Report Abuse

If loss can claim from govn? How to claim or allow to claim? Why only hear capital gain tax not capital loss tax refund haha?

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-10-14 17:09 | Report Abuse

Yeah, because its actually very easy to track losses.

In the US, you only pay tax on the net profit or losses.

Depends on how they structure it i guess, may very well allow you to claim on losses.

If you're smart, many investors there, will realize the loss, and buy the stocks again.

And don't sell.

Or set it off against future gains.

===
Posted by KenaTipu_ > Oct 14, 2018 05:06 PM | Report Abuse

If loss can claim from govn? How to claim or allow to claim? Why only hear capital gain tax not capital loss tax refund haha?

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2018-10-14 17:10 | Report Abuse

Ni kepala buto skill xde cuma pandai buli wanita

Posted by Jon Choivo > Oct 14, 2018 04:31 PM | Report Abuse 

Sarifah, 

How many times do you want to be seen as a kepala buto ah !? 

=== 
Posted by SarifahSelinder > Oct 14, 2018 04:22 PM | Report Abuse 

Jaga jaga ni la dia sebenarnya

Jaga jaga ni la dia sebenarnya 

Kasar dan buli wanita 

Posted by Jon Choivo Have you seen the insurance given to RMBS CDO's by AIG to Lehman Brothers etc?  

Its was so under priced and stupid, that they need USD85 billion from the US govt to be bailed out.  

Stock price drop from USD1,173 to USD19.43. Even today, its only USD 54 per share. Still 95% down from peak.  

And this is AIG, the biggest insurance co in the world.  

Guna otak sendiri boleh? You ingat china Allah ke? Takde pergi baca annual report bank-bank china ke? You want to see how the GIL expand anot?  

ICBC in 2005 before listed, bad loans about 40% tau. Not kidding. Need so much injection by china gov to get it pretty for listing. And even then, GIL was 5 times higher than world average.  

I don't care who borrow who, who invest in what, who give loan to who, who say what to who.  

If it does not make sense to me, i won't buy.  

========  
Posted by SarifahSelinder > Sep 20, 2018 12:31 PM | Report Abuse  

Yg jon ni ada ada je  

Yg ni nak beli 10,000 shares je bukan main doubting kiraan bank bank China yg beri billion billion loan 

20/09/2018 14:02 

Jon Choivo Bkn takut beli.  

Got better things to buy. You ingat bursa hanya ada jaks ke?  

Mcm tu, suspend semua saham sajalah, bagi jaks trading saje!  

Kepala buto.  

====  
Posted by SarifahSelinder > Sep 20, 2018 12:33 PM | Report Abuse  

Drop to 80 sen lg takut beli? Put in fd je la 

20/09/2018 14:03

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-10-14 17:13 | Report Abuse

Saya ni bukan buli wanita, hanya buli kepala buto!

Kadang kadang, yang kepala buto tu pompuan, dan namanya serifah.

Jadi saya buli dia loh!

======

Posted by SarifahSelinder > Oct 14, 2018 05:10 PM | Report Abuse

Ni kepala buto skill xde cuma pandai buli wanita

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2018-10-14 17:16 | Report Abuse

U lah kepala buto

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-10-14 17:25 | Report Abuse

Tax song

A-B-C-D- GST,
Prices rise for you and me,
Mesti makan Maggi mee,
semua kena GST, bayar untuk 1MDB !

E-F-G-H- SST,
Harga barang masih sama tinggi,
Masih makan maggi mee setiap hari,
Ditambah lagi banyak cukai baru mari !

I J K L -CGT,
Pelabur Bilis bayar cukai keuntungan,
Pelabur Asing semua lari,
Taiko Khazanah, KWSP disuruh beli,
Bursa jatuh kerana pembeli dah lari,
Akhirnya Khazanah, KWSP makan Maggi mee.

Korus:

PH kah harapan sejati
Manifesto GE sukar ditepati
Berita buruk hari-hari
Nak tangkap pencuri tak jadi

M-N-O-P
Gaji besar menteri-menteri
Juga orang-orang GLC
Habislah dana negara bayar gaji
Masih tak sekuat mana RM dan KLSE

Q-R-S-T
Gaji buta diambil, bos dipuji
Budaya ampu, kerja tak peduli
Tidak malu turun prestasi
Dapatkah kemerosotan negara diatasi?

Rap part:

U U-turns tak habis-habis bagai komedi
V We want a gomen for the ppl, bukan untuk diri
W Double up the econ pie
X Axe all the redundant highly paid officers
Y Why?
Z Zzzz enough, wakey

nekosaan

625 posts

Posted by nekosaan > 2018-10-14 17:35 | Report Abuse

Jon Choivo don't talk rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nekosaan

625 posts

Posted by nekosaan > 2018-10-14 17:36 | Report Abuse

Jon Choivo, your ANALysis is Rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2018-10-14 17:42 | Report Abuse

Ya rubbish

Gomen kan tenggah encourages org ramai to trade dgn mcm mcm cara like IDSS pun diluluskan

Sslee

4,720 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-10-14 19:06 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Will the stock broker able to give us sell statement to indicate whether we are profit or loss for each trade? If not how to file this profit or loss?
By the way KYY most likely also having a loss year what CGT to pay? Then how to write off those counter that got suspend (Xingquan) as loss?
If really PH government short of money than perhap just increase the stamp duty so as to make day trading or big shark cost of selling and buying from right hand to left hand more costly. Also please tax those major shareholders that profited from esos.
Lastly Bursa and SC need to respond to complaint more efficiently and should not hide under confidentality of information to deny updating their investigation.

Thank you

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-10-14 19:14 | Report Abuse

If really PH government short of money than perhap just increase the stamp duty so as to make day trading or big shark cost of selling and buying from right hand to left hand more costly. Also please tax those major shareholders that profited from esos.

sslee...your idea not bad

feimah

907 posts

Posted by feimah > 2018-10-14 19:29 | Report Abuse

Pls include a tax for private placement too.

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-10-14 19:41 | Report Abuse

yup, tax kao kao esos and those who loved PP so much.

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2018-10-14 19:44 | Report Abuse

Cakap saja pandai tapi tak adil kerajaan untung saja tak ambil risiko apa-apa.

I would suggest a similar structure following the current property tax but with payback for losses incurred by investors

Disposal Within 1st year: 20% CGtax
Disposal of losses Within 1st year: 5% tax CLrefund; CLrefund= Capital Loss refund

Disposal on 2nd year: 15% CGtax
Disposal of losses Within 2nd year: 10% tax CLrefund

Disposal on 3rd year: 10% CGtax
Disposal of losses Within 3rd year: 15% tax CLrefund

Disposal after 4th year: 5% CGtax
Disposal of losses Within 4th year: 20% tax CLrefund

I think the above rates are fairer to both Governm & investor.
Government must payback losses investors; not 100% always gaining only.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-10-14 20:23 | Report Abuse

Dear SSlee

Usually they tax on REALIZED gains or loss. Which means you need to have sold it.

So KYY unless he sold XQ, may not get to utilize that tax loss.

If the gov do implement cgt, the brokerages will naturally need to adjust and provide this service, like how every single brokerage that operates in countries that tax cgt do

In addition, people seem to forget CGT on equities, is on all equities.

Even if the gain is from US equities, you also need to pay, cannot run.

That is why for US equities, we don't pay tax, despite Americans paying tax.

Because our government do not tax us.

=============
Posted by Sslee > Oct 14, 2018 07:06 PM | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Will the stock broker able to give us sell statement to indicate whether we are profit or loss for each trade? If not how to file this profit or loss?
By the way KYY most likely also having a loss year what CGT to pay? Then how to write off those counter that got suspend (Xingquan) as loss?
Lastly Bursa and SC need to respond to complaint more efficiently and should not hide under confidentality of information to deny updating their investigation.

Thank you

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-14 20:51 | Report Abuse

this forum worry about things that will not happen....but neglect things that will happen........lol......

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-14 20:52 | Report Abuse

this forum worry about things that will not happen....but neglect things that will happen........lol......

why? no brains, that is why......

Fantastico

914 posts

Posted by Fantastico > 2018-10-14 22:52 | Report Abuse

yeah good point you raised there, Prof Choivo, where did you go though? Miss your post leh

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2018-10-15 07:37 | Report Abuse

who no brain or grey matters...look yourself at the mirror, whose image is on the mirror???

last time, people said hearsay Gst not going to implement, no worry... last-last how is the Gst story scripts unfold? ask your brain lah... kikiki.

///qqq3 ///this forum worry about things that will not happen....but neglect things that will happen........lol......

why? no brains, that is why......
14/10/2018 20:52a/ //

Jay

1,126 posts

Posted by Jay > 2018-10-15 08:26 | Report Abuse

1. We need to understand each market unique characteristic. Our market liquidity is a problem due to domination of institutions. We need more liquidity not less. Value Partners also commented that our market free flow is too little and it's unhealthy. If CGT is imposed which discourage realising profit by our institutions, chances are they will never dispose any shares even when valuations are unattractive, which also means value investors will not waste their time in our market

2.I agree with you that some reforms are needed to strengthen our capital flows. But these can't be improved overnight whereas new taxes can dent confidence instantly. Again using a patient's analogy, you don't perform surgery on a weak patient, you let him recover strong enough first before it can be done

3. I am mainly referring to market with low liquidity for your point 3. It's the same problem why Sdn Bhd find it hard to raise equity because many people don't invest due to lack of liquidity. Companies don't stop raising financing once they list. They might still need placement, rights issue etc. to continue to grow the company. If our market is not attractive, they will list elsewhere where it's easier to raise money in the future. And mind you, good companies which can list elsewhere probably will while those lousy companies which can't list anywhere but Bursa will stay. That's when you end up with a bunch of rejects in our market

Bottom line, my personal view is CGT is the wrong tax (limited revenue impact) at the wrong time (volatile capital flows). Our priorities now should be clean up and develop our capital markets first. Beyond that, I am not entirely against the concept of CGT

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-10-15 08:48 | Report Abuse

Gone is the previous goon gomen

New one must buck up

Best time not to be goon was 60 years was

Next bext timw is now

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-10-15 09:10 | Report Abuse

Fair enough.

I think its a right tax, just wrong time for now haha.

On 3, i think its not just about the market is not good. Its mainly because interest rates in the US were so low. People are therefore very willing to make highly speculative bets.

There is a common complaint among startups here, everytime they try to raise funding. people keep asking them how are they going to make money.

Very few is willing to take a punt on a purely speculative venture.

I don't see anything wrong with this.

I cant really think of a private placement these days that flopped. And in any event, a company that constantly need to raise money with placement, right issue etc, is probably a pretty horrible one.

Let those list in the NYSE.

=====
Jay 1. We need to understand each market unique characteristic. Our market liquidity is a problem due to domination of institutions. We need more liquidity not less. Value Partners also commented that our market free flow is too little and it's unhealthy. If CGT is imposed which discourage realising profit by our institutions, chances are they will never dispose any shares even when valuations are unattractive, which also means value investors will not waste their time in our market

2.I agree with you that some reforms are needed to strengthen our capital flows. But these can't be improved overnight whereas new taxes can dent confidence instantly. Again using a patient's analogy, you don't perform surgery on a weak patient, you let him recover strong enough first before it can be done

3. I am mainly referring to market with low liquidity for your point 3. It's the same problem why Sdn Bhd find it hard to raise equity because many people don't invest due to lack of liquidity. Companies don't stop raising financing once they list. They might still need placement, rights issue etc. to continue to grow the company. If our market is not attractive, they will list elsewhere where it's easier to raise money in the future. And mind you, good companies which can list elsewhere probably will while those lousy companies which can't list anywhere but Bursa will stay. That's when you end up with a bunch of rejects in our market

Bottom line, my personal view is CGT is the wrong tax (limited revenue impact) at the wrong time (volatile capital flows). Our priorities now should be clean up and develop our capital markets first. Beyond that, I am not entirely against the concept of CGT
15/10/2018 08:26

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2018-10-15 09:24 | Report Abuse

A good idea for destroying the wealth of ALL Malaysians only !

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2018-10-15 10:17 | Report Abuse

The government’s plan to introduce new taxes in order to pare down the national debt of RM1 trillion became the talking point after Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng and Bank Negara governor Datuk Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus all spoke about it during the Malaysia: A New Dawn conference on Oct 9.

Incidentally, Bursa Malaysia saw a bloodbath the next day, with the FBM KLCI shedding 39 points, falling the most in nearly five months.

An excellent idea for causing further financial bloodbath to all Malaysians if implemented !

kyosan

786 posts

Posted by kyosan > 2018-10-15 15:22 | Report Abuse

it's just to reduce manipulation in stock market loorr, it's encourage investor to study what stock they want buy and just buy ONCE in a year,...end of year or next next year only sell your stock... so kena ONCE only tax should be not that bad. just my 2cents

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-10-15 15:48 | Report Abuse

Do U think with the negative performance of chivo with negative 14% do u think, he is worried about his stock being tax for capital gain leh ??

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2018-10-15 16:06 | Report Abuse

Good job, Jon, different ideas & opinions are welcome for such topic.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-10-15 16:11 | Report Abuse

What wrong timing ??

If market is bad and most people lose monies...why wrong timing leh ??

Lose monies....why worry about CGT....as u do not need to pay tax loh...!!

Posted by Jon Choivo > Oct 15, 2018 09:10 AM | Report Abuse

Fair enough.

I think its a right tax, just wrong time for now haha.

On 3, i think its not just about the market is not good. Its mainly because interest rates in the US were so low. People are therefore very willing to make highly speculative bets.

There is a common complaint among startups here, everytime they try to raise funding. people keep asking them how are they going to make money.

Very few is willing to take a punt on a purely speculative venture.

I don't see anything wrong with this.

I cant really think of a private placement these days that flopped. And in any event, a company that constantly need to raise money with placement, right issue etc, is probably a pretty horrible one.

Let those list in the NYSE.

joetay2

474 posts

Posted by joetay2 > 2018-10-15 16:15 | Report Abuse

yup, its good that jon raised this topic but the main issue with the market is liquidity and encouraging retail participants. a cgt will drive off many small retailers while not encouraging capital inflow, this need the economic, finance and international trade ministries working together.

unfortunately, i m not seeing this govt working on anything substantial on the economics front.

KLCI King Good job, Jon, different ideas & opinions are welcome for such topic.
15/10/2018 16:06

Posted by Learner King > 2018-10-17 10:55 | Report Abuse

Ya ini jon memang bodoh... Hahahahaha

Post a Comment
Market Buzz