Be the first to like this.

12 comment(s). Last comment by John_Lee 2018-12-03 12:27

CharlesT

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2018-12-02 15:51 | Report Abuse

Sslee sometimes i do wonder u come fm which planet....no offence...just that i see u r very different...

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-12-02 16:00 | Report Abuse

Thank you.

i must concede i am too arrogant sometimes, often out of spite that wells up unconsciously. Spite towards what? I have no idea, probably perceived stupidity.

Thanks.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-12-02 16:01 | Report Abuse

Sendai i doubt it. Its not an early facebook etc. The scaling etc is too hard.

Mr Koon, if you want to find those co. I suggest you start studying microfinance companies in china, and payment providers worldwide, esp those in developing countries.

Very interesting.

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2018-12-02 16:02 | Report Abuse

Invest yourself la, why wan to pu your money on other people hand leh......if want to die also die at your own hand ma....
I am refereing to these statements

"Koon+ Bee + Cho = an awesome team a world champion. I’m looking forward for such a team and would like to be an early investor too if this team somehow can be formed"

Sslee

4,817 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-12-02 20:30 | Report Abuse

Dear Jon Choivo,
There are many routes leading to Rome or in Deng’s word; “it doesn’t matter if a cat is black or white as long as it catches mice” You only believe in “Moat Factors” in selecting your stocks to invest. You are a total disbeliever of TA chartist and q-q FA analyst. This is fine but to look down, ridicule and mock a hard working TA chartist looking at hourly, daily chart and FA analyst working hard in collecting all the relevant data from publication source to predict Q-Q earning is uncalled for and unacceptable behavior.

As of EverendaiI if you are truly good at MOAT factor or competitive advantage then put yourself in an old school civil engineer shoes and tell me what Mr. Koon see in Eversendai.
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/152033.jsp
I agreed with Koon on Eversendai competitive advantage but I do not have this emotional baggage and agreed with KCChong on the risk side of Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Receivable. Mr. Koon often said you should not let your emotion clouded your judgment but unfortunately Mr. Koon is the one too emotion when defending his personal friend and have too much faith in the goodness of human nature. He even went berserk in defending Tan Sri AK Nathan:
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2018/06/28/ak-nathan-best-choice-for-master-builders-president/
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2018/07/02/mbams-reply-to-koon-yew-yin-on-master-builders-president/

Thank you

Sslee

4,817 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-12-02 20:48 | Report Abuse

Dear CharlesT,
I came from Milky Way, planet Earth located in the Solar system in a country call Malaysia, Kedah State, Alor Setar town.

http://chedet.cc/?p=2419#comment-137298
You can have a glimpse for an answer from above link on my childhood memory growing up in the then laid back Alor Setar, Kedah where we live in a close knit kampong community and everyone know his neighbor and our neighbors are multi races and religions. My grandparent and parent speak the Kedahan Malay dialect. I attended the SJK(C) Keat Hwa (H) Alor Setar for my primary study where the four pillars of my ancestor culture/values 礼,义, 廉, 恥. displayed prominently.

Thank you

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-12-02 21:02 | Report Abuse

I am not wrong...This SS guy is weird.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-12-02 21:11 | Report Abuse

stock market very easy one......

any stock also can trade...good bad ugly also can trade as long as price and situation is right.

BUT GENUINE INVESTORS SHOULD LOOK FOR

Good management, good business and good numbers in that order......

if it does not look right, don't get involved...much easier than analysing KYY comments.......

the next question is....u want to be contrarian or you want to join the crowd.....

see....its easy....but this ss guy is weird because he doesn't seem to have a clue....so he goes off talking about any thing every thing except stock market........

Posted by Fabien Extraordinaire > 2018-12-02 22:15 | Report Abuse

"I believe of all the Sifu in i3 the one that will able to discover an awesome stock in it infant stage is none other than Jon. So Jon no need to PLP you only need o use your inborn unique talent and sharp observation to find such stocks for Mr. Koon.

Koon+ Bee + Choi = an awesome team a world champion. I’m looking forward for such a team and would like to be an early investor too if this team somehow can be formed."

I mean no offence, but rather curious to find out your thinking process.

i did read your few writings before, including your comments in insas forum. you do seem to possess some, i would say, "out of the norm" radical suggestions with a tinge of naivety, considering that u r of elder age and with much more life experience.

i am quite surprised and at the same time perplexed.

Posted by Fabien Extraordinaire > 2018-12-02 22:25 | Report Abuse

Koon+ Bee + Choi = an awesome team a world champion

My take on the above is the team would not happen and it won't work.

Simple reason being their investment philosophy and thought process is vastly different from each other.

Their brain is wired in a very different way.

Sslee

4,817 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-12-03 08:54 | Report Abuse

Dear Fabien Extraordinaire,
In the world that reward mediocre, pretender and half hearted effort. A raw diamond, rare talent and passionate work are indeed a very rare to find and when one comes along into i3 community we should welcome him and if possible give him some constructive critical review and help in polishing this raw diamond into a shining star. Jon is young, well read, knowing his subjects well, articulate, passionate and has the fire/braveness inside him to confront establishment with out of box idea and fresh air. These are the qualities New Malaysia needed the most from our Y&Z generation with critical thinking that can make an impact for the betterment of society and country.

Yours question:
Koon+ Bee + Choi = an awesome team a world champion
My take on the above is the team would not happen and it won't work.
Simple reason being their investment philosophy and thought process is vastly different from each other.
Their brain is wired in a very different way.

My take: In the place I work now there is this statement from our President Director;
Our Key Driver: People
We believe in developing a high performance team this is greater than the sum of its parts. Our team members contribute their unique backgrounds and cultural experiences to ensure high quality products to our customers.

It is because of vastly different thought, investment philosophy and across three different generations that will make this team awesome. Of the three, someone has told me Mr. Koon’s brain had already been hard wired for so long and impossible for change but reading Koon’s latest humbling article of JAKS Forced Selling. Please don’t count Mr. Koon out from this team yet.

Thank you

John_Lee

468 posts

Posted by John_Lee > 2018-12-03 12:27 | Report Abuse

qqq3,

I dont always agree with what you write but on this statement, I concur.

I will always relate Sslee with his foolish Hengyuan dividend resolution and laughable list of AGM questions which obviously went ignored as they were mostly petty. He describes himself as someone of a certain management level but his actions make him appear as though he has not 'seen the world'. And very naive too.

I lay partial blame of Hengyuan share price fall on him as a way for the major shareholders to teach minority shareholders a lesson. Put it this way, I strongly believe he insulted them and they didnt like it one bit.

----------

Posted by qqq3 > Dec 2, 2018 09:02 PM | Report Abuse

I am not wrong...This SS guy is weird.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz