31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-26 12:43 | Report Abuse

The 1st step u must find out got:

1. Got margin of safety factor
2. Got strong Balance sheet factor
3. Got big cash factor
4. Got reasonable div factor
5. Positive earnings factor

That means got 'R 'factor can buy or sailang loh...!!

Insas hathaway is the best ' R ' factor stock 2019.

Don missed this opportunity loh...!!

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 13:31 | Report Abuse

Those who gets killed are those who got no Q and go play in rubbish dump.

Those who gets killed are those who got no Q and go attend seminar and start to value here , value there........

Sslee

4,665 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-01-26 17:03 | Report Abuse

Dear Stockraider,
What are Q and R?
Is Q refer to quack, quack, quack? I google quack and the following come up.

quack1
noun: quack; plural noun: quacks
1. The characteristic harsh sound made by a duck.
"I heard a quack and saw some ducks huddled together"
verb
3rd person present: quacks
1. (of a duck) make a characteristic harsh sound.
"ducks quacked from the lake"
Informal: Talk loudly and foolishly.

quack2
noun: quack; plural noun: quacks
1. a person who dishonestly claims to have special knowledge and skill in some field, typically medicine.
"quack cures"
Synonyms: swindler, charlatan, mountebank, confidence trickster, fraud, fraudster, impostor, trickster, racketeer, hoaxer, sharper, rogue, villain, scoundrel
Informal: con man, shark, flimflammer;

Thank you

Nonare

6 posts

Posted by Nonare > 2019-01-26 19:09 | Report Abuse

Hi KC,

How to reconcile the academic vs value investing notion of risk? It seems that the common argument against the academic definition of risk is that it really defines volatility and not risk of losing money. I believe Buffett himself has wrote in his annual report in relation to this.

That being the case, would the diversification chart you presented above still apply? For if interpreting it from volatility perspective then the chart just says "after a certain number of stocks in your portfolio, you will manage to reduce to market volatility". Nothing about risk of the portfolio as defined by Buffett ("chance of losing money").

Furthermore, even if you are willing to accept the academic notion of volatility as risk, reducing the portfolio to "market risk" may not mean lower risk in absolute term. E.g. if the market at a certain point in time has 80% chance of losing money then a fully diversified portfolio still has 80% chance of losing money. That 80% is non-diversifiable.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 20:14 | Report Abuse

sslee

yes..its Q

u got it or u don't....and u don't

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 20:24 | Report Abuse

sslee

those who hunt in rubbish becomes rubbish......normal....

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-26 22:22 | Report Abuse

Dear SSlee,

'R' means get it right loh....!!
Do the Right thing mah....!!

If u invest Rationally doing right thing, u always win sustainability mah....!!

Posted by stockraider > Jan 26, 2019 12:43 PM | Report Abuse X

3. Got big cash factor

Don missed this opportunity loh...!!

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 22:24 | Report Abuse

raid...too bad u and ss think r means rubbish.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 22:31 | Report Abuse

I propose that companies can also be valued based on Qr instead of PE.

It works...it is not popular because it calls for a lot of judgments...but it works.

what is popular with teachers is the easier PE ...what the professionals use is Qr.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-26 22:48 | Report Abuse

If understand the king of plp, qqq where his former master kyy abandon him, u will understand, why qqq desperately try to find a new master Mr Long loh..!!

How can u believe people like qqq, can be a good investor leh ?
When qqq depended on his masters continue feeding him like a dog leh ??

As usual as a dog, he need to be loyal and continue plp his new master, how could u be confident his judgement is unbiased to the favor of his new master leh ??

This is r the important question we need to ask when u listen to qqq loh...!!

Posted by stockraider > Jan 26, 2019 10:35 PM | Report Abuse X

For someone who don really understand what is margin of safety investment, and claiming Goreng stock like Aokam & Renong as margin of safety stock & investing in it big at its goreng height, certainly in not in a qualify position, to comment on investment with safety of investment principal mah....!!

In addition Mr Long, predicting hengyuan can go Rm 12.00 when it is now below rm 5.00, but then why talk bad at this stock leh ??

I think Mr Long, very smart and deceptive & hedging his bet loh...he is betting both side mah, head he wins and tail he wins....normally circus magician will do that type of stunt mah..!!

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > Jan 26, 2019 05:25 PM | Report Abuse

I'm predicting RM12 in 5 years for Hengyuan, on the back of their chinaman style of doing upgrading works at cheaper prices than western companies. I'm also predicting it based on low prices of crude oil in hengyuan, and hopefully a delay in competitiveness of RAPID.

But would I buy this company? Definitely not.

(S = Qr) Philip
291 posts
Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > Jan 26, 2019 05:29 PM | Report Abuse

The problem is, people who buy too many stocks without thoroughly understanding the business that they are in intimately, tend to become too irrational and try to make numbers suit the story that they have built in their heads, instead of the other way around.

With all respect for an elder, KYY is one such example. He had a great system, but thought that he was better than his system, and invested in multiple companies at bigger margin multiples than was his circle of competency, in terms of financially as well as business sense.

In the end he wiped out years of smartly built capital gain in one jaks.

But as I believe he has a great Q x R ratio. He will definitely be back and more focused than ever.

I know, I've been there.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 22:49 | Report Abuse

Nonare Hi KC,

How to reconcile the academic vs value investing notion of risk? It seems that the common argument against the academic definition of risk is that it really defines volatility and not risk of losing money. I believe Buffett himself has wrote in his annual report in relation to this.

Me:I have the chance to be in both world, the academic as well as the practical side. In academic, I believe it is plausible that the more stocks you hold, the lower the risk. It is in sync well with the practical aspect, the old adage that don't put all your eggs in one basket. The only question is how many stocks is considered as well diversified. In my opinion, I believe in my take as expressed in the last section of my article here.

That being the case, would the diversification chart you presented above still apply? For if interpreting it from volatility perspective then the chart just says "after a certain number of stocks in your portfolio, you will manage to reduce to market volatility". Nothing about risk of the portfolio as defined by Buffett ("chance of losing money").

Me: Portfolio diversification only reduces or eliminate Idiosyncratic risk, risks specifically related to the company or industry. It can't do away the systematic risk, or risk related to the overall market. Hence, there is still risk of losing money.

Furthermore, even if you are willing to accept the academic notion of volatility as risk, reducing the portfolio to "market risk" may not mean lower risk in absolute term. E.g. if the market at a certain point in time has 80% chance of losing money then a fully diversified portfolio still has 80% chance of losing money. That 80% is non-diversifiable.

Me: as discussed above, the systematic risk is still present, and diversification can't eliminate that.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 22:51 | Report Abuse

stockraider > Jan 26, 2019 10:48 PM | Report Abuse

If understand the king of plp,
==========

really meh?.......But I think I very good.....

If one is to use Qr to look for shares in its early days / or mid cycle...instead of PE....one would have found Public Bank, Harta, Top Glove, Yinson...and Scientex, AeonCredit, Vitrox and the best of the best at the earliest possible stage.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 22:54 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 26, 2019 10:31 PM | Report Abuse
It works...it is not popular because it calls for a lot of judgments...but it works.
what is popular with teachers is the easier PE ...what the professionals use is Qr.

Q is quack quack quack

R stands for Rubbish

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 22:56 | Report Abuse

success = Qr.....where Q is execution factor, r is potential of an idea/ company.

what is popular with teachers ( read kc) is the easier PE ...what the professionals use is Qr.

Q is the execution factor.....the skills and talent of the management to execute.

r is the potential of the idea.

and lastly rubbish collectors will get rubbish......

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 22:58 | Report Abuse

Quack quack quack.

Loads of rubbish.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 23:00 | Report Abuse

quack quack quack, everyday quack quack quack

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:02 | Report Abuse

kc...see...u got no imagination.....like that how to out perform?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 23:05 | Report Abuse

Posted by Alex™ > Jan 26, 2019 12:06 PM | Report Abuse
what do you think of the fact that most active fund managers perform worse than a passive index-tracking fund? Is it applicable to Malaysia?

This is why,

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/171080.jsp

It is well-known and applies everywhere in the world.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:05 | Report Abuse

kc...u want to be a better teacher...first understand the power of Qr.............here it is....

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/qqq3/191536.jsp

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:07 | Report Abuse

If one is to use Qr to look for shares in its early days / or mid cycle...instead of PE....one would have found Public Bank, Harta, Top Glove, Yinson...and Scientex, AeonCredit, Vitrox and the best of the best at the earliest possible stage.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 23:09 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 26, 2019 12:42 PM | Report Abuse
raid...if your ambition is to be a rubbish collector, so be it.....I don't think it works......throw a dart can easily get some rubbish, with Insas like qualities, in Bursa nowadays........

Insas is thousand times better than Jaks and Sendai which have been promoted by you for the last couple of years, and nothing else.

If Insas is rubbish, your Jaks and Sendai is like Kowsai.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:10 | Report Abuse

kc...your value here value there is called cigar butt investing by your own hero, wallen the bufalo.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:11 | Report Abuse

kc

Jaks and sendai were good trading ideas during their days....

here I am talking about investing.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:12 | Report Abuse

but Jaks at 50 sen is also very good contrarian idea....excellent.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:13 | Report Abuse

kc.......Insas appeals to rubbish collectors....A teacher with experience will stay clear of rubbish dumps.....

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 23:14 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 26, 2019 11:05 PM | Report Abuse
kc...u want to be a better teacher...first understand the power of Qr.............here it is....

Please lah, don't link those with quack quack quack. all those scribbled by quack quack quack just talk cock good for a laugh and have negative value.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-26 23:15 | Report Abuse

correct ah ??

Today saturday 4 ekor draw result, my uncle after seeing the 4 ekor result, always tell me, if he adopted QR approach....he will be able to pick the 4 ekor 1st prize winner consistently loh...!!

Btw my uncle...always tell me the same story everytime after the 4 ekor draw result is out loh....!!

Raider is smiling...he...he..he..."sounds familiar like our friend QQQ loh"...!!

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 26, 2019 11:07 PM | Report Abuse

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 23:16 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 26, 2019 11:13 PM | Report Abuse
kc.......Insas appeals to rubbish collectors....A teacher with experience will stay clear of rubbish dumps.....

Nope. Insas is thousand times better than the kowsai Jaks and Sendai which have been promoted by you for the last two years.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:18 | Report Abuse

by kcchongnz > Jan 26, 2019 11:14 PM | Report Abuse

Please lah, don't link those with quack quack quack. all those scribbled by quack quack quack just talk cock good for a laugh and have negative value.
==========

but u got to up your game if you want to give real value to your students......kc.......what u have been feeding them...tak bolih pakai one......

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 23:26 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 26, 2019 11:18 PM | Report Abuse
but u got to up your game if you want to give real value to your students......kc.......what u have been feeding them...tak bolih pakai one......

As far as value investing is concerned, during the good years in 2015 to 2017, my portfolios of stock pick made many times the return of the stock market.

In a bad year like 2018, my stock pick using value investing no win no lose, while the overall market lost more than 20%.

So HTF you know what I taught tak boleh pakai. You just quack quack quack only.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-26 23:29 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 26, 2019 11:13 PM | Report Abuse

Look at the share price movement of Insas and Jaks which you have been quack quack quack from two years ago.

Insas share price is unchanged but with 3 sen dividends.

Jaks has no dividend, and it lost more than 50% of its value.

Which has been a rubbish share?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:33 | Report Abuse

Jaks was a trading idea....but now at 50 sen....another life....very good now....

Insas....shares with Insas qualities in Bursa nowadays...throw a dart u get dozens......

Sslee

4,665 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-01-26 23:36 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
The below link give by Mr. Philip explain what is S=Qr
https://ideas.ted.com/what-can-we-learn-from-people-who-succeed-later-in-life/

r: “Random idea”
Q: “Ability to turn an idea into a discovery/useful product.”
S = Qr
Hence success is the product of an idea “r” meets with “Q” the ability of turning idea into a great discovery/great product/great business
Or in common saying success occurs when preparation meets opportunity.

Thank you
P/S: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quackery
A quack is a "fraudulent or ignorant pretender to medical skill" or “a person who pretends, professionally or publicly, to have skill, knowledge, qualification or credentials they do not possess; a charlatan or snake oil salesman"

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-26 23:41 | Report Abuse

me? ss?

I already know you are a novice before everyone does......its called experience.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-27 00:11 | Report Abuse

how good can this kc be when he go promote stuffs like Insas?

and I thought only novice do that......

moneypedia

5,987 posts

Posted by moneypedia > 2019-01-27 01:20 | Report Abuse

kitchen cabinet chong got special melamine cabinet kaaa, wanna buat...

Sslee

4,665 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-01-27 07:59 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
http://www.chinapress.com.my/20190126/%E5%AF%8C%E5%A9%86%E9%80%81%E7%88%B1%E5%A4%AA%E7%9B%B4%E6%8E%A5-%E9%B8%AD%E7%8E%8B%E7%AC%91%E7%BA%B3%E5%A5%A5%E8%BF%AA%E3%80%81%E7%8E%B0%E9%87%91/

Just for entertainment someone should send in the CV to become a duck king (Quack, quack and quack) albeit an old duck king entertain those 70+ old and rich ladies rather than remain in i3 as snake oil salesmen.

Thank you

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-27 10:14 | Report Abuse

sslee....I suggest you go check the date and time of this before u go off spewing your nonsense.........

better still, understand the under lying principles......

and it has nothing to do with preparation meets opportunity....quite the opposite...it talks about talents and skill...and some have it, some don't....and you sslee...surely don't.....

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/physicists-have-discovered-a-form...

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-27 10:17 | Report Abuse

s=Qr is first posted in this forum by me, not Philip.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-27 10:27 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 27, 2019 12:11 AM | Report Abuse
how good can this kc be when he go promote stuffs like Insas?
and I thought only novice do that......

KC Chong has written 353 articles published in i3investor, with 14461 comments so far. They were all for sharing of investment philosophies, methodologies and process of fundamental value investing.

Don't just quack quack quack, go through all the above and show us one article, or one comment of KC Chong, which promotes any particular stock.

On the contrary, go and look at some of the few quack quack quack article, and its many other nicks such as Desa6769, Brightsmart, Stockmaany, TheLoneRanger etc. How many times he shouted panic moment, dynamite investing, margin, sailang on Jaks and Sendai for the last two years, and nothing much else.

Jaks share price has fallen relentlessly from RM1.80+ to 50 sen sen now in less than a year.

Sendai's share price not so bad, just yet, but also fallen from RM1.40+ to about 60 sen now.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-27 11:04 | Report Abuse

kc..........well...less than 0.001 % of my posts are about Jaks and sendai....

and actually very accurate what I say about Jaks ( the fundamentals ) ....except the forced selling by substantial KYY,.....that one is action by a substantial shareholder...........that is why I say it is a fantastic price at 50 sen....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-27 11:06 | Report Abuse

this kc...for two years only want to talk about Jaks and Sendai....u not malu one ah?? Is that how a teacher of stock market behaves?

what about the other 99.99% of Bursa?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-27 11:21 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 27, 2019 11:06 AM | Report Abuse
this kc...for two years only want to talk about Jaks and Sendai....u not malu one ah?? Is that how a teacher of stock market behaves?

Malu? Why?

By sharing a totally different analysis and opinion on Jaks and Sendai, those who read them and taken the advice would have saved huge amount of money from manipulators, syndicates, insiders.

Those who wish to learn how to avoid lemons would also benefit greatly.

Is this something to malu about?

Or shouldn't those who have been touting the stocks with margin and sailang feel malu, extremely malu and should look for holes to hide?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-27 11:37 | Report Abuse

kc...u want to be a teacher, u better answer cat's query.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-27 11:38 | Report Abuse

kc...u want to be a teacher, u better answer cat's query.....and I am watching u and recording every word......

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-27 11:51 | Report Abuse

I think kc is not oblige to ans mah....he did not charge a fee on cat mah...!!

Furthermore...with so many counters he mentioned, it look like even cat did do much homework as there are not even basic info or analysis he has done on these counters loh...!!

Posted by lazycat > Jan 27, 2019 11:24 AM | Report Abuse

mr chong , why u pick skpres and gtronic?
what do u think about inari ,vitrox and penta?

qqq3
7641 posts
Posted by qqq3 > Jan 27, 2019 11:37 AM | Report Abuse

kc...u want to be a teacher, u better answer cat's query.....

qqq3
7641 posts
Posted by qqq3 > Jan 27, 2019 11:38 AM | Report Abuse

kc...u want to be a teacher, u better answer cat's query.....and I am watching u and recording every word......

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-27 12:07 | Report Abuse

Mr cat,

Then u must tell us why u like penta.??...why now u want chase after other girls, just bcos they put up, make up & look prettier loh ??

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-27 12:24 | Report Abuse

Raider leave it to Mr Chong to advice loh...!!

But on inari, raider can advice this very smart approach loh...!!

BUY INSAS IS MUCH BETTER THAN INARI LOH..!!
U GET BESIDE GROWTH OF INARI, U ALSO GET HUGE MARGIN OF SAFETY OF INSAS MAH.....!!

Posted by stockraider > Jan 26, 2019 12:31 PM | Report Abuse X

This insas hathway has been moving 0.5 to 1.0 sen up almost everyday..can u see the opportunity going fwd leh ??

Rerating will be coming soon loh....!!

With the fast recovery of inari share price, there maybe a fair chance that insas, could be a technology growth stock too, bcos of vast insas exposure on inari....the investment of insas on inari has appreciated more than the whole insas capitalization mah....!!

Just sit n relax and watch the opportunity of insas, the best margin of safety stock....insas hathaway loh...!!

U can just buy insas instead of inari mah....!!

stockraider
9282 posts
Posted by stockraider > Jan 26, 2019 12:41 PM | Report Abuse X

The opportunity is now when insas is still wonderfully undervalue mah..!!

3. Got big cash factor

Don missed this opportunity loh..

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2019-01-27 15:46 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 27, 2019 11:38 AM | Report Abuse

Hey, who do you think you are?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-27 16:05 | Report Abuse

I am the watcher

Post a Comment
Market Buzz