Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-05 23:17 | Report Abuse

U rubbish lah...wasting time loh...!!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 5, 2019 11:16 PM | Report Abuse

see how lah, no kids yet now, but better be prepared

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-05 23:18 | Report Abuse

by stockraider > Mar 5, 2019 11:08 PM | Report Abuse

If u r rich of course no regret overpay for education loh...
=========

other people children u talk theory...your own children, how?

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-05 23:19 | Report Abuse

correct mah, it's called planning ahead, just like investing, no waste time lah raider. Just to see what you all with experience think mah.

targetinvest

2,609 posts

Posted by targetinvest > 2019-03-05 23:19 | Report Abuse

All say many k k k k .. dunno hold water anot.
Go singapore work start 3k sgd and say rm 9k earning..

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-05 23:22 | Report Abuse

yeahor forget singapore liao not bad there x3 leh SGD

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-05 23:23 | Report Abuse

Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 5, 2019 11:15 PM | Report Abuse

Sunway or Monash better ah qqq3?
==========

I think same same.....depends on courses and priority.

Sunway a bit more academic....British education....and new facilities....seems to have more campus life.

Monash...Australian education....easier la.......a bit more foreigners.

reputation with employers should be same same.....my daughter from Monash, my son from Sunway.....

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-05 23:26 | Report Abuse

okay lah makes sense also so expensive sure got quality one lah.

Then any advice what companies should fresh grads start from?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-05 23:35 | Report Abuse

My children all TAR loh...!!

After they graduate i gave them each extra Rm 200k ....bcos they study TAR and they are alot of savings mah and they can use this monies to invest part time to supplement loh while they start to work accumulate experience mah....!!

Posted by qqq3 > Mar 5, 2019 11:18 PM | Report Abuse

by stockraider > Mar 5, 2019 11:08 PM | Report Abuse

If u r rich of course no regret overpay for education loh...
=========

other people children u talk theory...your own children, how?

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-05 23:38 | Report Abuse

I thought Stockraider very rich? Can throw 250k into INSAS but no money to give his kids a good education in England? You try to find a good job wth Petronas, Accenture, Shell, Big 4, albar & partners, HSBC, STANDARD chartered with your tar college degree?

At the very least get a UM degree like me la. If no money at least get some brains.

What is the percentage of towkays from tar college vs the percentage of towkays who studied in Oxford?

I'm sure the success rate will not surprise you.

In the long run paper qualifications do not count so much. But attitudes and aptitudes will always matter.

Trust me on this.

You stick around poor attitude people, your attitude will become so.
You stick with rich attitude people, and so will your attitude become.

If you have poor people mindset, dont't expect to learn differently from your crowd.

Same if you have rich people mindset, you will know they do things differently, think differently, act differently.

It doesn't matter where you go, so long as you learn life skills from people smarter than you.

You can learn rich people mindset, even among the poorest students in tar. You can get infected by poor people mindset, even in Oxford.

But rich people with the right mindset usually gather in the same place, same group, same like minded people.

That is where you want to be.

(Rich did not mean wealth. It's means attitude, aptitudes and a focus to life improvement.) Be rich up there. Money will usually follow.

moneypedia

5,987 posts

Posted by moneypedia > 2019-03-05 23:38 | Report Abuse

the answer NO lahhh align apa pasat.lu mau align tayar keta sajalah....nowadays all multi tasking lahhh..apa mau yikut buku ka..aiyooo

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-05 23:47 | Report Abuse

No need PHD lah....unless u want to be university Professor loh...!!

Also do not neglect the vocational option also good prospect to make good living loh........!!

Posted by factorrumour > Mar 5, 2019 11:40 PM | Report Abuse

degree is getting too common, if you really want to plan ahead, make sure your children take a more practical degree course, pave a continuous path to masters or phd level for your children, or equip your children with second skills or profession

else just forget about going university and go out do sales job

FamousAmos

304 posts

Posted by FamousAmos > 2019-03-05 23:48 | Report Abuse

Depends on what kind of degree. Not all the degrees are created equal.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-05 23:50 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-03-06 00:08 | Report Abuse

My advice is to teach your children how to find the right crowd to mix in wherever they go. Ask them to find the smartest person they can in the room smarter than they are, and stick to them like glue.

Expand their horizons, get them to learn basic medicine, basic engineering, basic economics, basic IT, basic music, basic carpentry.

Tell them to learn the big basic concepts of whatever it is they are learning, and how it relates to other things.

Tell them even though they are paying for a course they took, doesn't mean they can't jump into another room and learn what others are doing just to learn more and increase your overall understanding. No one will kick you out of the law or biology class if you have the spare time and there is an empty chair. Even if you are learning mechanical engineering or accounting. Trust me, in university the are a lot of empty classes, empty days, free hours everywhere. Fill them up by listening to something new everyday. Enjoy learning. Enjoy reading.

I did.

Tell them about mental models and how to build one. Tell them how everything is interrelated. Teach them to see reality better through a multidisciplinary lens. A better accountant is one who understands construction. A better surgeon is one who understands sports. A better politician is one who understands economics. A better engineer is one who understands business. A better lawyer is one who understands music.

A university that is open to giving freedom to students in learning as much as they can is one that is rich enough not to care. Smaller universities will not give you that opportunity as they will have multiple campuses spread around far apart. The bigger universities will have everything in one major campus. I recommend you send you children to those kind of universities. Me and my wife actually enjoyed just joining other classes just for fun, listening and learning new things for fun

That was how I met my wife actually. She is forever smarter than I am. I attended a class learning about actuarial mathematics( prediction of the future!) while learning engineering in UM. That was a fun experience.

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2019-03-06 00:17 | Report Abuse

while learning engineering in UM.... <= you went to a SUBSIDISED govt university

Do not waste money sending your kids to university unless the really have the academic aptitude for engineering etc.

Find out how much engineers and pharmacists earn beforehand. Does it really make sense?

Another thing, check out good technical schools, like Polytechnics in Australia & New Zealand. You can migrate to these countries of you have a basic skill like Builder, Mechanics or Painter (3D's in MY). You can earn big bucks in these place with a trade.

Accountacy is always good. Much cheaper. And a quick way to get a job and earn Chartered status eventually.

Business is best. If you are entrepreneurial. Just ask the kids that started myBurgerLab

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 01:25 | Report Abuse

The people u mix with......

TAR and UTAR students mostly from small towns, speaks mandarin exclusively........happy to get a job, any job after graduation....a lot of them just one level above slaves in terms of ambitions and attitudes.

Monash students more likely to be the confident , ambitious people who knows what they want............from successful families.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 01:29 | Report Abuse

TAR and UTAR students mostly from small towns, speaks mandarin exclusively........happy to get a job, any job after graduation....a lot of them just one level above slaves in terms of ambitions and attitudes.

from hardships, diamonds are also polished....some of them become successful business people......and when they have their own kids, they will send their kids to Sunway/ Monash...........

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 01:47 | Report Abuse

Fortune Bull > Mar 6, 2019 01:35 AM | Report Abuse

professional understudies like medical, law, accounting and engineering
=================

yes and no............

if you are good, the opportunities in the business world is also unlimited.................................nothing wrong to start life as a business graduate...............

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 01:54 | Report Abuse

young graduate 23 years old or less.........still got a life ahead..........

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 02:02 | Report Abuse

Fortune Bull > Mar 6, 2019 01:58 AM | Report Abuse
Most who got their first job in chinaman company
=========

well....if u come from TAR or Utar, u will likely end up in Chinaman company,

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 02:03 | Report Abuse

actually PhD not bad.............starting salary of PhD is $ 12,000 I am told..........

so many universities in Malaysia........

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 02:05 | Report Abuse

and u don't need to start from medical, law, accounting and engineering to finish as PhD................

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 02:07 | Report Abuse

One of the easier PHD is Marketing.....

Professor in Marketing, not bad......

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 02:20 | Report Abuse

eye doctors choose their field correctly, make tons of easy money.

One day, somebody is going to use AI and replace all of them.............

adcb

58 posts

Posted by adcb > 2019-03-06 06:09 | Report Abuse

Learn from jho low lah.
Go to well known university and mix with rich families. Come out immediately become billionaire

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-06 08:03 | Report Abuse

adcb, that's what Philip said lol, mix with rich people, Wakakakaka.

Yes lah Thanks Philips for your valuable input.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-06 08:11 | Report Abuse

But in the end I still think England skills very important lah, if you England not competent, how to mix well with people? For instance Jon Choivo's England really impressive wonder where he graduate from? Or is it because of him reading too much?

Sslee

4,913 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-03-06 09:02 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
https://www.quora.com/What-is-education-2
Education!!
It is process of learning things, experiencing ideas, understanding the behavior of anything.

Most people take education as a measure of their success. Most people think if they graduate from a top notch university they have a good future they think they have the best education.

In fact those guys just read a bunch of books and life and education is not reading a bunch of books rather it is living a bunch of lives.

Life is living a lot of experiences. It doesn't matter if you graduated from a A-graded University and scored a fucking 10 GPA but you are an asshole.

Life is about learning and experiencing thing, facing the consequences of life and still be humble and humane to other people.

It doesn't matter if you don't score well, it doesn't matter if you dropped out of college there is still a lot you can do.

If reading number of books and scoring 10GPA is only way successful then there won't be any teachers teaching in college, they all would be making fortunes for themselves because they know the books page by page. If that would be the case they would be the people which are most successful entrepreneur.

Thank you

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 10:21 | Report Abuse

Posted by rajachulan > Mar 6, 2019 10:04 AM | Report Abuse

I beg to differ qqq3... not sure if you have ever employed graduate these days...but allow me to share my
========

your company looking for slaves and semi slaves la..........its called fitting round pegs to round holes..............

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 10:25 | Report Abuse

don't get me wrong...I got nothing against TAR students and Utar students.........a lot of honest hard working people there.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 10:37 | Report Abuse

and I am talking from the parent point of view

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 10:46 | Report Abuse

a lot of negative statements about Malaysian education system..............but from feedbacks from my children.........no need to worry so much.....Malaysia will do fine.

Students from sunway/ Monash will do fine. People from top schools/ universities will do well.

I am told Malaysians are highly sought after in Singapore, China , because of their work ethics and multi cultural and multi lingua capabilities.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-06 18:12 | Report Abuse

If u want to cut out all the frills & u want an intelligent hard working work horse...TAR & UTAR graduate is the best loh....!!

They are usually not spoiled like they don give all the craps like all the spoil rich brats do (usually oversea graduate sponsor by their rich parents loh}....!!

Posted by rajachulan > Mar 6, 2019 10:04 AM | Report Abuse

I beg to differ qqq3... not sure if you have ever employed graduate these days...but allow me to share my exp...

when I was asked by my global HR to start graduate programmed, I was under pressure to employ by choice 1) graduate returning from overseas 2) graduate from local popular uni/college...

I complied... these graduates didnt survive the probation mostly... some are making noise for further exposure and promotion most of the time... some with alien attitude even showing manager their nose while keeping their eyes on their forehead, their attitude and character always amaze us, we really wonder what they have been taught in school and home, do they even know how the real world work? ... some over confidence, over ambitious thinking that a top student/ or graduate from popular uni deserve better treatment and fast forward career track... some always think to resign to go back to family business whenever kena tekan...cant tell all their story here... my blood is boiling just thinking of them...

so these days, I tell my local HR... fakka policy... just get me UTAR or TAR or any average local uni/college graduate who appreciate a job and resilient.

so you are right... some graduate are destined to work... some are not... everyone need to find their own path...

and i am sorry if i offend anyone graduate from expensive uni/college...my exp/opinion remained mine...

龙生凤养有九种
老鼠代代会打洞

----------------------------------------------------------------------
qqq3 > Mar 6, 2019 01:25 AM | Report Abuse

The people u mix with......

Monash students more likely to be the confident , ambitious people who knows what they want............from successful families.

from hardships, diamonds are also polished....some of them become successful business people......and when they have their own kids, they will send their kids to Sunway/ Monash...........

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-06 19:22 | Report Abuse

Yealah, I do agree that spoiling your children is a surefire way to get them into corporate longkang, scold a bit then want to quit already. Apalah. But then sometimes you need to think from their point of view also, pay so much for degree but you pay people peanuts and expect so much, why would they do it lah? Go Singapore or overseas then different story, there they can take more stress and demonstrate better work ethics, why ah? Simple lah pay peanut get peanuts, pay more you get better almonds lah!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-06 19:57 | Report Abuse

U need to understand....the education is just paper qualifications...not that important for long term success mah...!!

Thats why raider says do not overpay for education mah....!!

The TAR group of university & colleges hold great students who are determine to succeed in life and work hard mah...!!

As raider says; success come from character , determination, hardwork, motivation, flexibility, good iq & eq and be prepare to move forward positively mah....!!

The TAR students have these positive attributes loh...!!

It is much better avenue to mould success at a much lower cost mah..!

IT IS NOT TRUE MAH HOW MUCH U PAY LOH...!!

IF U HAVE CHARACTER, DETERMINATION, HARDWORK ATTITUDE, MOTIVATION, FLEXIBILITY AND HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE EVEN U R PAY PEANUTS EVENTUALLY U STILL CAN FLY LOH...!!

TAR CULTIVATE & MOULD MANY SUCH A SUCCESSFUL GRADUATE, WHO ARE GO GETTERS LOH....!!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 6, 2019 07:22 PM | Report Abuse

Yealah, I do agree that spoiling your children is a surefire way to get them into corporate longkang, scold a bit then want to quit already. Apalah. But then sometimes you need to think from their point of view also, pay so much for degree but you pay people peanuts and expect so much, why would they do it lah? Go Singapore or overseas then different story, there they can take more stress and demonstrate better work ethics, why ah? Simple lah pay peanut get peanuts, pay more you get better almonds lah!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-06 20:08 | Report Abuse

Raider can TAR degree give you overseas opportunity leh? You need to know starting pay also very important, any head start in investment is as important as having a high starting pay!!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-06 20:16 | Report Abuse

SO MANY TAR GRADUATES WORK IN UK, USA, TAIWAN, CHINA, VIETNAM, SPORE AND DRAWING A BIG FAT SALARY TOO LOH...!!

TAR VERY SMART, THEY AFFLIATE WITH MANY FAMOUS UNIVERSITY IN USA, UK, SPORE, TAIWAN & CHINA AND THEY RECOGNISE TAR QUALIFICATIONS MAH...!!

THEY ALSO WORK CLOSELY WITH MANY MANY PROFESSIONAL BODY LIKE CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT, CHARTERED SECRETARY, CHARTERED ENGINEER, CHARTERED QUANTITY SURVEYOR, CHARTERED INSURANCE, CHARTERED ACTUARY THE LIST GO ON & ON MAH...!!

WHY LIKE THAT SO MANY PROFESSIONAL BODY RECOGNISE LEH ??
BCOS TAR PRODUCE QUALITY STUDENTS & GRADUATES MAH...!!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > Mar 6, 2019 08:08 PM | Report Abuse

Raider can TAR degree give you overseas opportunity leh? You need to know starting pay also very important, any head start in investment is as important as having a high starting pay!!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-06 20:24 | Report Abuse

TODAY TAR RANK 2ND BEST UNIVERSITY IN MSIA, AFTER UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA LOH......!!

BUT RAIDER RANK IT THE BEST, IF YOUR INTENTION IS JUST WANT TO PRODUCE GOOD EMPLOYABLE GRADUATE FOR YOUR CHILDREN CAREER LOH...!!

TAR COULD BE EVEN BETTER THAN UNIVERSITY MALAYA....IF ONLY IT CAN GET 10% OF GOVT RESEARCH ALLOCATION THAT IT GIVES TO UNIVERSITY MALAYA LOH.......!!

OPERATING IN SUCH AN ADVERSITY ENVIRONMENT & DISCRIMINATED BY THE GOVT AND EVEN DAP LIM GUAN ENG, THE TAR UNIVERSITY HAS THRIVE IN LEAPS AND BOUND LOH......!!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-06 20:49 | Report Abuse

wait wait wait, you need to read the topic again, i think you getting very very off topic liao now. I asked whether your jobs must be related to your degree mah, not whether cost of education should be cheap or expensive lo

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-03-06 21:16 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 21:26 | Report Abuse

So, discussion topic today is, does the job you work must be related to your degree?

punter....the rate of change is getting faster not slower. Its evolve or die, adapt or die........one door closes, open another door or die....every thing changes all the time.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 21:33 | Report Abuse

pharmacy? That is sad story. 99% of the people who take up pharmacy eventually regrets it.

what is so cute about working in a pharmacy shop even during weekends and have to take a degree to do it...........?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 21:34 | Report Abuse

want to be a shop assistant?...a Form 5 girl also can do it.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 21:41 | Report Abuse

d by Fortune Bull > Mar 6, 2019 09:35 PM | Report Abuse

Answer : Hihihaha! So true! Same goes to optician! It's a boring job like ever! Working in open prison like what my optician friend once told me!
========

agreed

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-06 21:56 | Report Abuse

want to play doctor but cannot be a real doctor?

physio is nice...........good job.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-03-07 08:03 | Report Abuse

wah really ah? Pharmacist and Optician also so sad meh? But really lah that's what I see hahah. But office not much difference also mah, office is like prison with a computer in front only.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-07 09:46 | Report Abuse

office? don't like, change until u like.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-03-07 09:57 | Report Abuse

office? graduate is not a clerk...graduate is not limited by his imagination and abilities.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz