2 people like this.

18 comment(s). Last comment by eleh 2019-06-18 20:40

Posted by teareader818 > 2019-06-15 17:16 | Report Abuse

I know of a Public Sector Cooperative where a civil servant in applying for a personal loan has to obtain signed sureties from two ELIGIBLE members, which at times, can be hard to come by. I don't know whether this condition applies to all cooperatives. It seems that those running the cooperatives, who are usually ex-civil servants, tend to treat them as their own personal banks. Expect another government bailout if things get critical.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-06-15 17:25 | Report Abuse

Yeah guarantors need to be civil servants usually. And if the original lender don't pay, direct deduct from the guarantor salary.

How do you mean by critical, and why would the PH govt bailout?

chamlo

1,159 posts

Posted by chamlo > 2019-06-15 17:32 | Report Abuse

Under stingy PH govn hard to get pay rise or BSH reduce. So loan defaulters will increase?

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2019-06-15 18:38 | Report Abuse

If civil servants loan provision is good bussiness, mbsb would not exit to be full fledge islamic bank and bank islam claimed to intend to reduce this exposion.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-06-15 19:52 | Report Abuse

He says it cracked its skull 5 months ago, i say it got influenza last saturday, and may get worse as the hospitals nearby are shit.

I was right when i bought it, when i held it, and when i sold it.

joekit

833 posts

Posted by joekit > 2019-06-15 22:24 | Report Abuse

Maybe after you threw all your shares in rcecap then the share price will start moving up...hahahahaha....that happens all the time....hahahaha.....

teoct

480 posts

Posted by teoct > 2019-06-15 22:24 | Report Abuse

OK.

Thanks anywhere for sharing.

Happy weekend all.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-06-15 23:50 | Report Abuse

Hahahahah possible. No idea lah. This was a fundamental buy.

It may be worth thinking as a trading buy, if i were ever to pick up trading tendencies.

====
joekit Maybe after you threw all your shares in rcecap then the share price will start moving up...hahahahaha....that happens all the time....hahahaha.....
15/06/2019 10:24 PM

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-16 00:56 | Report Abuse

I think the mark of good investor is someone who never stops learning something new every day, improves his thought process and absorbs new mental models.

In a nutshell the points you made are all facts which made me not invest in rce capital. And you are right, it may not happen today, it probably won't happen this year. But 5-10 years from now, it will definitely change.

I'm not a good predicter of time. But I believe I'm an ok judge of long term trends. All I can say is don't be disheartened if once you sell your shares the price goes up for a little while. In the end the long term is what matters.

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-16 01:15 | Report Abuse

As for Intel, my advise is to not invest in it. Intel the name is very different from intel the company.

For tech companies the ability to pivot, to push new technologies and to efficiently push your team to be more efficient than the competition means everything.

In every single way Intel has underperformed. For a company that was the leader in semiconductors advances it has declined in many uninspiring ways. Intel inside today means expensive and lower quality.

Intel missed mobile.(tsmc & foxconn took over).
Intel missed graphics. (AMD turned their fortunes on gpu processing).
Intel's 10nm wafers were years late to the party, while competitors with smaller R&D budgets were able to produce further advancements than intel.

For me it's all about the node race. And it has proven that the bigger company with larger resources does not seem to have the competitive advantage that smaller companies have.

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-16 01:21 | Report Abuse

I think the best advice I could give new investors is to first look at the business itself, then into the price. Because the price fluctuates whole the business model rarely changes, if you can monitor the good businesses, when the right price comes you will not hesitate to put all your money in.

But buying a stock based on PE, NTA alone can prove very dangerous if you do not understand how the businesses got it's lending status the way it had.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-06-16 02:58 | Report Abuse

Thanks phillip,

I'm still studying intel. So i have not casted my full line

One thing to note is this. Its not so much about the node (which is very important) but also about the architecture.

Why is Nvidia Turing, which is on 12nm, still vastly outperforms AMD's which are on 7nm, in terms of power and efficiency?

That is the thing i'm banking on.

In every major area intel is in, they are the market leaders, whether servers and CPU.

And i severely doubt AMD can ever beat intel in CPU or nvidia in GPU. They simply dont have enough money, and they dont make enough money to reinvest into R&D the same way intel and nvidia does.

Now, Intel is planning to go into graphic processing, a market where the leader Nvidia makes 30% roe, and unbelievable amount, because they simply had no decent competitor.

Intel knows what its takes to do architecture, they make the vast majority of CPU's and would be more than capable of making graphics cards that are more compatible with their CPU's. And with the margins available, they would be more than able to sell cpu and gpu jointly.

Is it probable that they can achieve this? I think more likely than not. I still have some studying to do though.

However, at 10PE, i think i'm willing to take a position on it, and build it further as my confidence level increase, or maintain it if it doesnt.

Investee

444 posts

Posted by Investee > 2019-06-18 10:11 | Report Abuse

Hi, why did you mention that the Credit Culture facility is now cancelled? Is it announced?

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-06-18 16:01 | Report Abuse

Yes. It was announced.

Investee

444 posts

Posted by Investee > 2019-06-18 20:20 | Report Abuse

Bro, Can share link? Can't seems to find it

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2019-06-18 20:36 | Report Abuse

Give you a like even though you are an arrogant asshole since you spent time to follow up on your buy calls, and that benefits the investment community.

eleh

89 posts

Posted by eleh > 2019-06-18 20:40 | Report Abuse

Nice reading. To be frankly i also noticed that few news by KPDNKK that indicated in TV which saying all those koperasi is giving misleading info when all gov servant apply loan last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEGhkS__sg0&feature=youtu.be

Post a Comment
Market Buzz