5 people like this.

54 comment(s). Last comment by 3iii 2019-06-26 21:48

3iii

12,917 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-06-26 11:51 | Report Abuse

>>>

Probability posted:

Jun 23, 2019 6:43 PM | Report Abuse

3ii makes return above bond level by 0.1% and he claims he is the ultimate 'investor'..lol!

Jun 23, 2019 10:31 PM | Report Abuse

sifu Philip is open...3ii i super closed

>>>

Sadly, almost all who are vocal in this forum lost money in 2018.

OTOH, my portfolio delivered alpha returns in 2018.

So much for the above "objective" comments. :-)

3iii

12,917 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-06-26 16:28 | Report Abuse

>>>>

Posted by Sslee > Jun 25, 2019 7:39 PM | Report Abuse

Dear 3iii,
Thank you for reminding me that I used to have some poor performing stocks in my portfolio. I am learning, keep an open mind and eager to learn from all you included. But at least I read the annual report, find out from the board what went wrong and I also use reasons and ready to present the fact and figure to put forward my point.
No matter how good you are, please keep an open mind and do not simple dismiss anything because of your prejudice.
Thank you

>>>>>

:-) ... because of your prejudice.

SSLee

Just to enlighten you. I do not dismiss any stock recommendations or suggestions based on prejudice. I usually will find the time to have a look at the recommended stock. I will also often read the annual reports of not just one year, but a few years of the company when I find it enticing, to understand its business better.

For example, I read into Pentamaster's annual reports of a few years and discovered how the major shareholder and owner was very creative in coming up with new ideas in the earlier years but to no avail. A particular year, he came up with a machine to recycle used gloves. Unsurprisingly, this failed miserably. Then, two years ago, it found its niches and because someone brought this to my attention, I studied it in depth and well ... its performance the last 2 years or more, have been superb.

The most important thing in investing is to have the right philosophy and method. Then the discipline. Also, you need to be hardworking, ploughing through your checklists for the companies you wish to invest in. Note, I mentioned a check list.

There is no prejudice in the way I look at stocks. I study the quality of their businesses. This is paramount. This criteria must be satisfied. Then I study the quality of its management. Only having passed these quality filters, then I will look into its valuations. If I have rejected many stocks, it is not because of prejudice, it was because they did not satisfy my selection criteria and got rejected based on my checklist.

Perhaps, you have a prejudice against high quality good growth company.

:-)

3iii

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-06-26 18:51 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,917 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-06-26 21:48 |

Post removed.Why?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz