1 person likes this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by Philip ( what you can learn from RJ MITTE ) 2020-04-11 19:20

Posted by Philip ( what you can learn from RJ MITTE ) > 2020-04-11 15:22 | Report Abuse

And before the invariable comment on losing money comes around, let me clarify. When warren buffett says never lose money, he doesn't mean that literally. What he means is to always buy something for cheaper that it is intrinsically worth years from now. Buy companies with a proven competitive advantage, good revenues and growing earnings. Low debt, good cash levels and good share holder management (share buybacks, dividends, no ESOS). etc. etc.

Losing money is when you buy things with finite life, taking on margin, short term trades that become long term traps. unsold options, cutloss etc.

The fact is, if you buy a stock and you didn't sell it, in the short term the price will always be volatile. But in the long term it will either go up or down.

Or you might be losing money in opportunity costs.

Rule no. 1: Never lose money.

Posted by SarifahSelinder > 2020-04-11 15:52 | Report Abuse

Hi backdoor unit trust portfolio holder

Is it better to buy single stock to build a portfolio mcm u punya unit trust like portfolio or beli je unit trust tu terus je?

Posted by Philip ( what you can learn from RJ MITTE ) > 2020-04-11 16:31 | Report Abuse

It depends your skill level as an investor.

Maybe if you show me your portfolio first I can tell you what is wrong.

But if you are a gambler, then your jiwa angkuh dan liar is not going to help you.

How long have you been trading in the market?

ChongHH

13 posts

Posted by ChongHH > 2020-04-11 19:00 | Report Abuse

Hi Philip, what are your thoughts on Stone Co that is operating in Brazil whereby the administration's management of Covid-19 is a bit out-of-hand? Bolsonaro has been refuting the importance of social distancing and cases grew from 1 to close to 20,000 in about 45 days (although the share of population getting it is still low)?

Posted by Philip ( what you can learn from RJ MITTE ) > 2020-04-11 19:20 | Report Abuse

Hi Chong. I am still holding my shares in Stone Co. In the end, herd immunity or social distancing aside, we will get through this crisis.

If we don't and the virus mutates, then there is no point holding any asset.

So if we have to believe in something, believe that one day things will recover. So if it does, then holding on to stoneco will probably be a very profitable activity.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz