Be the first to like this.

16 comment(s). Last comment by chkhooju 2020-08-11 23:00

Posted by teareader818 > 2020-08-08 20:42 | Report Abuse

@Pblue, the government have officially earmarked Pharma and BPharma to bottle the Covid-19 vaccine. Are there any other listed company capable of doing same?

pBlue

802 posts

Posted by pBlue > 2020-08-09 01:41 | Report Abuse

Why bother? A big multinational pharma company can bottle their own vaccine. And if for a bizarre reason that they can't, they will work with their own preferred partner in their home country. There is no need for middleman Malaysia. If you look at pharmaniaga, its capacity is a mere 20 million a year. To be any good, it has to be several billions annually. Just about every vaccine in phase II/III hybrid trials require 2 doses, so its capacity is not even enough to serve Malaysia, much less the rest of South East Asia (~655 million people).

Also just ask yourself has Pharmaniaga or BPharma sign a deal with any major vaccine developer? Khairy Jamaluddin can make claims, but without a signed deal, Malaysia won't be bottling for anyone.

Besides it is like imagining Coca-Cola not having their own bottling plants and needing some third world nation to bottle their own products for them, a third world nation that has very limited bottling capacity. It is beyond silly.

Realistically, if Pharmaniaga and Duopharma want to be bottling Covid19 vaccines, it has to be one that they make themselves.

Posted by teareader818 > 2020-08-09 05:41 | Report Abuse

If Pfizer have the vaccine, will they appoint Sunzen to do the bottling? Or perhaps appoint them to do the marketing for SEA region?

pBlue

802 posts

Posted by pBlue > 2020-08-09 08:43 | Report Abuse

At this time point, nations with Covid19 outbreaks, are so desperate for a vaccine that they are offering up their populations for a phase II/III trial hybrids. So no need for marketing, just a whisper to the news channels is enough.

I think the big pharma companies will deal directly with governments, who depending on local healthcare system may appoint local companies to distribute the vaccine. Any "bottling" will be done in house by big pharma and the final product shipped to each country. They are not going to share profits and not going to risk their product contaminated by mold or bacteria by some minor unknown company and risk their company reputation.

Posted by teareader818 > 2020-08-09 12:22 | Report Abuse

Sunzen was formerly Pfizer until a MBO took place in 1998. One of the architects of the MBO, Dr Fong Chan Seng who resigned in 2014 was reappointed a Director on 30 May 2019. Worth investigating why he was brought back to the company at the age of 72! Looking at his bio, he has extensive marketing experience in bio products in the region.

Tobby

2,622 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2020-08-09 12:23 | Report Abuse

Hihihaha! I mean this stock has been on scam train for years! I call it Jho Low stock!

Posted by teareader818 > 2020-08-09 13:01 | Report Abuse

Did you notice a different management now in-charge? Different strokes, different results. Furthermore, the previous MD, who still officially has the most shares, was given the boot last August.

Tobby Hihihaha! I mean this stock has been on scam train for years! I call it Jho Low stock!

DickyMe

14,356 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2020-08-09 13:02 | Report Abuse

Who cares about vaccine anymore?

icecool

4,785 posts

Posted by icecool > 2020-08-09 13:22 | Report Abuse

some zombies still delusional about vaccine

Posted by teareader818 > 2020-08-09 14:21 | Report Abuse

Ya who cares. Period.

jakeT

111 posts

Posted by jakeT > 2020-08-09 20:41 | Report Abuse

In the U.S., several big names in virology — including Dr. Robert Gallo, the director of the Institute of Human Virology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and one of the scientists who discovered HIV — are turning their attention to another existing vaccine, the oral poliovirus vaccine.

what u got to say about the article below? Should I listen to u or the article? Expert say got potential wo

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/polio-vaccine-could-give-temporary-protection-against-covid-19-scientists-n1230071

paperplane

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2020-08-10 07:03 | Report Abuse

Later hunter 8888 ans hunter come out diao you. He boufht so many, waiting get burnt, wakakaka

pBlue

802 posts

Posted by pBlue > 2020-08-10 10:50 | Report Abuse

@jakeT
These few are being idiots, grasping at straws. No different from the group that believes that the BCG vaccine is protective against Covid19.

I cannot prove to you my credentials (not that you would believe me), so instead I ask you to think logically. Are most Malaysian vaccinated against polio? Answer is yes. Do Malaysians get Covid19, the answer is again yes.

Globally the older generation (65 years and older) are almost certainly vaccinated against polio because this virus was more prevalent when they were children. Covid19 kills the elderly at far higher percentages than the younger generation (10-15% older generation vs 0.1-0.3% younger generation).

How about another logic train. SARS-COv2 is a coronavirus. Coronaviruses are the cause of 15-30% of all flu cases during a flu season. If the polio vaccine was protective, shouldn't the number be close to zero.

Vaccines are specific. If they were not, we would just need one vaccine and it will defeat every virus known and unknown to man. That doesn't happen. We have to make a new vaccine for every virus, we even have to update and modify the vaccine as the virus mutates over time.

This is basic immunology, Class 101.

AS for their argument... they have made the observation that people from nations where the vast majority of citizens get vaccinated for polio and TB, have a lower mortality rate in the Covid19 outbreak. Contrast this to the USA, where polio vaccination is low , in some regions nearly below the level needed to maintain herd immunity or in the case of TB, none existent, resulting in NYC being a TB hot spot. The US has a high Covid19 mortality rate.

However correlation need not be causation. It is more likely that nations where all their citizens get these vaccinations, have a more universal healthcare system. The poor are not left behind, hence there is an overall lower death rate especially during a community wide outbreak of Covid19.

jakeT

111 posts

Posted by jakeT > 2020-08-11 21:47 | Report Abuse

Eureka: Why do you think the oral polio vaccine is a good strategy against SARS-CoV-2?

Dr. Gallo: Let us start with Maurice Hilleman, who is arguably the most successful vaccinologist in history. Hilleman used to say that when you are making a vaccine, start with feasibility, ease of distribution and availability and safety. We have 70 years of experience with oral polio vaccine, and it has a tremendously safe record. Complications from oral polio have been zero in a vaccinated population, as the bulk of the world today is. We can easily produce it and there is plenty of evidence of surviving the cold chain. And large-scale clinical studies of oral polio vaccine against nonspecific prevention of disease, including in Russia, found that it was effective against influenza virus and genital herpes simplex virus.

https://eureka.criver.com/could-the-oral-polio-vaccine-be-used-to-prevent-covid-19/

@pBlue. What u say might be true but i am just a laymen on the street. i only can read what is available on the internet. So some say can and some say no?

pBlue

802 posts

Posted by pBlue > 2020-08-11 22:52 | Report Abuse

@JakeT

I have written my warning to Malaysian retail investors on HWGB. I don't know what else I can say to dissuade you, aside from saying the immune system and vaccines do not work the way Dr Gallo is suggesting. I am no longer in the position to ask you to come to my office for a class in immunology.

What he is advocating is on the fringe. Does the article link you to any paper that support his purposed idea? The best is their observation of lower Covid19 mortality in nations which give their citizens BCG vaccine and polio vaccines. But correlation is not causation.

As a scientist, if he say polio vaccine protects against herpes or influenza there should be a paper that shows that. Something that you can look over his data and come to your own conclusion. You can check pubmed, the electronic list of nearly every paper published in the world, for polio vaccine and herpes. You won't find a study matching the two.

Look JakeT, the best I can do from this end is to refer you to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/ It is resource of free university level text books on biology. Please look up information on immunology, the immune system and how vaccines work.

Good luck.

chkhooju

1,706 posts

Posted by chkhooju > 2020-08-11 23:00 | Report Abuse

All money will go into the drain.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz