1 person likes this.

15 comment(s). Last comment by ahbah 2021-02-24 17:43

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2021-02-23 07:04 | Report Abuse

The bottom line is that glove counters moved up too fast too soon last year. Supermax, for example went from 1.50 to 24.44. Most experienced market players understood that it was time to take profits and move on (multi, multi bagger). Those that waited too long, were left holding the bag. On top of that, OIL (energy), prices have more than doubled. It won't be long before Gas Malaysia increases gas prices to the glove players, leading to further margin erosion.

Glove play is over. Its time to look elsewhere for profits.

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2021-02-23 15:51 | Report Abuse

If you get your vaccine jab how would you feel if the part time nurse is not wearing gloves? Today I bought kueh from a lady wearing gloves and i am so happy she cares for hygiene. WAKE UP GLOVES ARE HERE TO STAY; YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT!!!!

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-02-23 16:43 | Report Abuse

In my opinion,glove counters are better bet at this moment. Both the glove and semicon counters had seen their prices gone up from 2x to 10x in the last one year. The glove stocks are backed by REAL profits increase from last 3 qtrs plus good visibility of better profits in the next few qtrs. Hence , their PE are already at single.digits. In contrast, semicons are not backed by proven record profits. Their PE ranged from 50 to more than 100. Although both sectors expect the.demand will exceed the supplies for the next 3 years, the glove counters are cash rich with better proven past records on growth , profit stability than semicon sectors.

PunTatBerSiul

1,001 posts

Posted by PunTatBerSiul > 2021-02-23 17:12 | Report Abuse

pjseow is a glove hugger!

Posted by The thinker > 2021-02-23 17:15 | Report Abuse

I think there is much more than meets the eye behind the scenes ...we may not know lo...

even the so called sifus or naysayers....haha

they will be the last to know

pjseow

2,264 posts

Posted by pjseow > 2021-02-23 21:15 | Report Abuse

In stock investment,staying objective with good conviction and preseverance are important .If you exclude Supermx the price of which grew 7x with today pricing, the other 3 glove stocks only grow between 2 to 3 x although their earnings grew between 5 to 20x. Many research houses and glove manufacturing bodies predicted the demand will continue to exceed supply for the next 3 to 4 years. Ask yourself this question, with glove and other PPEs.made compulsory as part of medical requirements throughout the world ,can the medical personnel stop using gloves once the 70 % of world population.are vaccinated? Wearing gloves are a Mandatory requirement. Once the rule is fixed and implemented,there is no turning back. It is unlike semicon or consumer electronics , you can decide not to buy if the leadtime is 6 months to a year ,then.demand will drop.I have seen dot com burst but I have never seen glove com burst in the last 20 years.

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2021-02-23 21:23 | Report Abuse

Sure, I concede that the glove companies are great investments, BUT (caveat) being that they are purchased at the RIGHT price.

I will wait AFTER Covid before entering again.

Why be greedy? Already made last year. I've moved on.

Why "fall in love" and have capital stuck for YEARS?

Too experienced for that nonsense. Feel free to get stuck. By all means, go right on ahead!

Posted by Supermax2020 > 2021-02-23 21:45 | Report Abuse

Noob discussion, just follow epf la.. epf still buying gloves

RockerArm

542 posts

Posted by RockerArm > 2021-02-24 09:21 | Report Abuse

Tik Tok! Tik Tok! Call Warrants r expire in 2 more days, will be zero value worst than toilet paper.

Pinky

3,216 posts

Posted by Pinky > 2021-02-24 09:35 | Report Abuse

Had the glove companies like Supermax and Topglvoe not do share splits/bonus issue, I wonder will the glove promoters still chase the stocks, looking at the chart...

Pinky

3,216 posts

Posted by Pinky > 2021-02-24 09:37 | Report Abuse

You people have been blinded by the charts. Just look at the chart, adjusted for bonus/split...

Posted by dumbdumb123 > 2021-02-24 10:59 | Report Abuse

Tech companies in Malaysia are subsidiary players. They supply parts and components to the Big Boys. At their mercies and fancies. Glove companies are the Big Boys in the world. Yes , competition coming, but still some time yet. And Malaysia has some competitive advantage. Go figure. Yes, at the right price.

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-02-24 17:40 | Report Abuse

Those who OVER stayed in glove stocks got kena teruk ?

How can we know not to also OVER stay in tech stocks like the glove stocks ?

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-02-24 17:41 | Report Abuse

RockerArm ... a CW expert here ?

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2021-02-24 17:43 | Report Abuse

Which CWs will be ziro value worst than toilet paper ?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz