1 person likes this.

12 comment(s). Last comment by bang_miskin 2022-04-19 21:57

thesteward

6,746 posts

Posted by thesteward > 2022-04-18 09:47 | Report Abuse

stockfreak

777 posts

Posted by stockfreak > 2022-04-18 11:52 | Report Abuse

According to insider tips, Shanghai covid new cases will go down dramatically. Zero covid will happen in May.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-04-18 12:52 | Report Abuse

Strangely, things that i ordered in China move super fast even with lockdown! Where as things i ordered in Malaysia move like forever! Haix, nowadays our productivity is so bad, you can order from a seller 5km away only to get your parcel 10 days later!

stockfreak

777 posts

Posted by stockfreak > 2022-04-18 19:28 | Report Abuse

Anti-US people will always be anti-US.

Let's Gooooo

1,616 posts

Posted by Let's Gooooo > 2022-04-18 19:53 | Report Abuse

Admiring a country for its good quality is okay, but worshipping it as a perfect entity is totally wrong.

Let's Gooooo

1,616 posts

Posted by Let's Gooooo > 2022-04-18 19:53 | Report Abuse

So, there's no point at loving/hating a country.

nelsonlim

696 posts

Posted by nelsonlim > 2022-04-19 20:33 | Report Abuse

Recently had a chat with a HK fund manager, be it true or not, China is coming with their own covid-pill like Merck US, they will only open borders to all when this covid pill is proven effective.... Of course many hearsays Shanghai is an stronghold of opposition party hence the lockdown.....

Be it whatever reason, I really hope China can adopt a more flexible approach to tackle Covid than zero covid policy.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-04-19 20:57 | Report Abuse

@stockfreak Doesn't seem very likely. Right now new cases are reaching its peak around 20K++ cases a day (asymptomatic and symptomatic). Cases may fall in the coming weeks but unlikely to reached zero Covid in May. Probably mid-June if things goes as planned. Still by May parts of Shanghai should open up while more serious cases remained under lockdown.

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-04-19 20:59 | Report Abuse

@Tobby Depends on where it is shipped. Most likely from Guangzhou, then it is business as usual lah.
Strangely, things that i ordered in China move super fast even with lockdown! Where as things i ordered in Malaysia move like forever! Haix, nowadays our productivity is so bad, you can order from a seller 5km away only to get your parcel 10 days later!

gohkimhock

2,941 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2022-04-19 21:07 | Report Abuse

let's wait for another article from uncle KYY blaming the USA for China lockdown. 期待..

Posted by AlsvinChangan > 2022-04-19 21:12 | Report Abuse

CHINA is a 1 billion over population country and in most case live in high density places

COVID is an unusual bio disease NOT from natural sources.

SOME companies requires pre employment health checks some dont

SOME dont mind working in environment whereby coworkers are infected with TB, STD, Hepatitis

Up to individuals standard

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-04-19 21:57 | Report Abuse

@nelsonlim Unless the HK fund manager is a the member of the politburo, nobody really knows what goes on in the upper echelon of the Chinese government. Yes there are many hearsay that Shanghai is a stronghold of opposition party, but if you look at previous lockdown experiences in Xi'an (2021) and currently in Changchun (ongoing for more than a month) and many parts of the country, they are really serious with the "dynamic zero" Covid policy.

Still I completely agree with you that they should adapt a more flexible policy for the sake of their economy.
Recently had a chat with a HK fund manager, be it true or not, China is coming with their own covid-pill like Merck US, they will only open borders to all when this covid pill is proven effective.... Of course many hearsays Shanghai is an stronghold of opposition party hence the lockdown.....

Be it whatever reason, I really hope China can adopt a more flexible approach to tackle Covid than zero covid policy

Post a Comment
Market Buzz