Be the first to like this.

14 comment(s). Last comment by emsvsi 2022-10-05 15:35

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-10-04 15:48 | Report Abuse

EV technology will only get better! Dont be surprise EV will have 1k km range in a decade! Humanity need to shift to EV to prevent our climate to cross point of no return!
However, for Malaysia, public transportation should be on high priority! All lawmakers need to sitdown and form common ground for HSR to take off! It should not be political gamble for any side! HSR can eradicate huge pile of COs from been release!
Government of the day must now push for fast shift into EV not only because of climate concerns but also to reduce fuel subiside!

alenac

2,617 posts

Posted by alenac > 2022-10-04 16:41 | Report Abuse

Don't waste your money on EV at the moment. If you got plenty of money go ahead and play with your new toy. For most Malaysian, the lift-off for EV has yet to start. If the government is serious to transition to EV, it must subsidise the purchase of EV. Just giving tax incentives would not work. The lack of charging stations or rather a speedy charge one will piss off buyers too. Compounded by the present government lacking financial funds and with a deficit budget will not have any intention to encourage the move towards EV. Also, the importation of CBU cars is multi-billion bumiputra exclusivity to mint more money from import permits given free from the government. How much will franchise parties lose out from liberal import incentive?

alenac

2,617 posts

Posted by alenac > 2022-10-04 19:36 | Report Abuse

Boy oh boy not so cheap EV is smallish and has range anxiety, low top speed and long charging time. Only a solid-state battery will solve all problems.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-10-04 19:46 | Report Abuse

Alenac! BYD is coming up very soon! Selling price at 150k! The cheapest so far! However, Hyundai Ioniq has been really impressive so far! Unfortunately, already sold out! Even sold out for next year as well! So no chance of getting them even if you have the money! Frankly, almost all EV brands offered were sold out! It's not issue of lack of buyers, rather lack of supply at the moment!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-10-05 00:05 | Report Abuse

Qqq! Let's hope this will true to reality soon! EV is much better alternative! But for Malaysia, i hope HSR will become reality! HSR certainly better than EV, personally!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-10-05 00:11 | Report Abuse

Hope to see where we don't even need to own a car! If we need a ride, just hail an EV pod! And the fare so cheap, even banglas can ride all the way to Bangladesh!
Joke aside, having our own car is actually a huge waste of resources! I mean, how many of us have cars just lying idle in the parking lot dong nothing! Heck, i rare drive myself! I usually walk to nearest kopitiam every morning, an of course que to buy my favorite 4D numbers! Only my wifey used our cars! I have Honda Civic and Isuzu Dmax which i rarely drive! To be honest, the driver in my household is my wifey! She do all the driving and usually i just side on the passenger side! So i am more than comfortable to hail Grab or whatever if i need a ride!

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2022-10-05 11:26 | Report Abuse

Climate change is a big scam. Like the Covid19 (experimental) vaccination. All are scams. Only want your money. Likewise for EV. We don't need it at all in Malaysia. We have unlimited cheap petroleum and gas to use for our engine-powered-vechicles. Don't need to be scammed and dance with those scammers. Scammers are everywhere.

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2022-10-05 11:27 | Report Abuse

Even KYY is a scammer.

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2022-10-05 11:29 | Report Abuse

There were Malaysians who fell victim to job scams in Cambodia. SCAMMERS ARE EVERYWHERE. BE AWARE AND ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2022-10-05 11:30 | Report Abuse

Do not trust scammers. You trust you die.

alenac

2,617 posts

Posted by alenac > 2022-10-05 13:47 | Report Abuse

Yes EV is the (distant) future, but not in the near future.

qqq3333
ev is the future.matter of time

2 hours ago

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2022-10-05 14:46 | Report Abuse

MonkSat.

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2022-10-05 14:48 | Report Abuse

Engine-powered and hybrid vehicles are always stand still. Not EV. Go to install/build far more charging stations lah before talking its future.

emsvsi

3,514 posts

Posted by emsvsi > 2022-10-05 15:35 | Report Abuse

DEAR KOON,

GEELY IS PROTON'S PARTNER, SO ARE YOU BUYING DRB HICOM?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz