Posted by Rajuan_Singh > 2015-10-27 23:34 | Report Abuse

I hv compiled some of the contribution in E&O forum to give all a better & clearer understanding of E&O TP, it's supporting calculation, value and links. Apart from STP2 and UK foray, E&O is also developing Elmina West along Guthrie Corridor which they bought from Sime, while they are also developing the infrastructure there with GDV of RM1.5b while they hv on going projects in Iskandar - Medini with JV together with Khazanah and Temasek. (Ref to the links below) E&O Summary by EnO_Turboblast EnO_TurboBlast Few reason to Buy E&O - SUMMARY 1. Today closing volume @encouraging 1.356 Million transaction w 608k queuing to buy at 1.56 with buyrate at 80+% 8minutes from closing 2. Buy back treasury for dividen payout completed, distributed and should go up tomorrow onwards 3. Last 1 week - High buy rate but price remain suggest collection in progress 4. STP2 announcement anytime now which will add the deep value and RNAV of E&O and more options to move forward (JV, sell, develop, ...) With valued Ph2A at RM3.9b. This does not include Ph2B and 2C 5. UK PLC will ensure debt ratio is reduce to 0.38 (fr 0.6) while contributing 30% to parent. Listing on AIMS will happen by year end 2015. Noting that Loxley and Hammersmith Property will be 100% owned by E&O PLC 6. Target earning for 2015/2016 remain unchanjnmged at 173Million and overall 3 year target at 450Million still on track. Noting that E&O has in last 10 years achieved 9/10 of the target earning. 7. With low debt, high RNAV, with earning on target and past earning target achievement, E&O valued at between RM8 to RM10 per share upon the STP2 tender award (expected within this 1month -anytime now to November end), will be at steep discount 80.5%.. Even at TP2.60 (Public Bank call) it will be at 67% discount from it actual value. Calculations - Gregorian, EnO_Turboblast, Wondermama 1. How the RM3.9billion Phase 2A calculated STP2 will be divided into 2 portion i.e. a west and east side. And within that there is a Phase 2A (253acres) Phase2B (248Acres) and Phase 2C (259acres) which (2A) is the one that analyst believe will hv a marriage partner to co-developed. The partner and state govt will take 49% vs 51% owned by E&O. This can essentially be thought of as a 49% land sale or a valuation exercise or a risk management. Whichever it is, it will be a revenue top up either way. On Gregorians take at 2.51 without STP2, another short assumption is base on 2A 253acres (1.102e+7) will have approx (500-150 = RM350psf) this equate to RM3,857,000,000 . So basically even with cost against sale value they stand to make RM3.9B. Correct me if i am wrong 2. TP1 RM2.60 - Justification Debt ratio at current is 0.6 looking reduction 0.38. Ratio of that on inverse (0.6/.38 =1.58) on inverse base on current price at rm1.59 * 1.58 = RM2.51 very close to Public Banks RM2.60 trading buy. The calculation does not take into account STP2 psf value however base on RM150 psf as cost with expected RM400-500 psf value undeveloped sale the price will be higher. The number RM2.51 takes into account only the London PLC 3. TP2 RM3.50 - Justification Since no cooling further for property, and looking at previous Peak on July 16 2014 at rm3.18 closing the PE was 3.18/0.124 = 25.6. This was in anticipation of STP2 to attain deep asset value and RNAV. (Refer to earlier calculation done by all weeks ago for the value) now that STP2 award is within this two weeks or so, with the expected EPS to be at 0.137 (ie 173Million expected profit against 1.259billion shares) , the immediate peak price rally expected will be 25.6*0.137=3.50 On top of that, RM238 Million in value will be raise from UK Plc on AIMS by year end, of which 30% will be owned by E&O Bhd while cutting their debt ratio from 0.6 to 0.38 or lower from this exercise. With the two exercises happening, one which bring in the RNAV value of the share to between RM8 to RM10 (depending on the Gross cost difference reclaim and land value - refer to the earlier calculation ) the cost expected for reclamation at 150psf while value is between 400 to 500psf. This does not include the GDC and GDV. Hence even at RM3.50 against RM8 per share (assuming the lower of the value at RM400psf), it is already a steep discount. (4.50/8.00 *100= 60% discount) and this would be higher if we use RM10 with 500psf value. This entrench the deep value discussed earlier. Finally the UK PLC held at 30% interest by E&O Bhd can also be viewed as raising funds while the PLC is a caretaker because E&O Bhd can exercise the MGO at any point later with additional 3% interest take up once things pick up later Supporting information http://www.stockhut.com.my/news/70124 (E&O to develop RM1.5B infrastructure in Elmina West) http://www.easternandoriental.com/uploads/press-releases/PR_20150929_EO-Post-AGM.PDF (Summary info of E&O properties in KL, Iskandar - Medini, Penang, and UK)

Be the first to like this.

4 comment(s). Last comment by EnO_TurboBlast 2015-10-28 22:30

Posted by Rajuan_Singh > 2015-10-27 23:35 | Report Abuse

Additional supporting links

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/4839765 (UK PLC Structure)

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/PublicInvest/85057.jsp (Sime Takeaway - Property to command more for Sime?)

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/yong-tai-buys-land-inks-jv-rm557b-melaka-kl-developments (Garment manufacturer buying land)

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/chang-property-still-good-buy-during-gloomy-times (Ecoworld CEO Chang still believe property is good buy as it appreciates)

http://www.theedgeproperty.com.my/content/imbi-land-set-record-price-kl (record land price in KL - Property Prices still appreciating)

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/work-on-kl-singapore-high-speed-rail-to-be-awarded-by-2017 (HSR to build value in Malaysia infrastructure and property value through reachability)

Posted by Rajuan_Singh > 2015-10-28 19:31 | Report Abuse

No sooner after I posted ......LOA FOR STP2 IS AWARDED

OTHERS EASTERN & ORIENTAL BERHAD ("E&O" or "COMPANY") AWARD OF LAND RECLAMATION CONTRACT TO CHINA COMMUNICATIONS CONSTRUCTION COMPANY (M) SDN BHD ("CCCC(M)") FOR SERI TANJUNG PINANG PHASE 2

EASTERN & ORIENTAL BERHAD

Type Announcement
Subject OTHERS
Description EASTERN & ORIENTAL BERHAD ("E&O" or "COMPANY")
AWARD OF LAND RECLAMATION CONTRACT TO CHINA COMMUNICATIONS CONSTRUCTION COMPANY (M) SDN BHD ("CCCC(M)") FOR SERI TANJUNG PINANG PHASE 2
We refer to the announcements dated 12 April 2011, 14 April 2014, 10 June 2014 and 8 December 2014 in relation to Seri Tanjung Pinang Phase 2.

The Board of Directors of E&O is pleased to further announce that Tanjung Pinang Development Sdn Bhd (“TPD”), a subsidiary of E&O, had on 28 October 2015 issued a letter of award (“LOA”) to CCCC(M), a wholly owned Malaysian subsidiary of China Communications Construction Company Limited, to undertake the land reclamation works for Seri Tanjung Pinang Phase 2.

The LOA serves primarily as an acceptance of the tender to reclaim Phase 2A of Seri Tanjung Pinang Phase 2, an area of approximately 384 acres (inclusive of the 131 acres Gurney Drive foreshore) (“Package 1”) for a contract sum of approximately RM1.035 billion. The prescribed period to complete reclamation works under Package 1 shall be approximately 30 months from the formal acceptance of the LOA by CCCC(M).

The LOA also includes the conditional award for the proposed land reclamation works for the remainder of Seri Tanjung Pinang Phase 2, made up of Phase 2B and Phase 2C covering an area of approximately 507 acres (“Package 2”). The contract sum for Package 2 is approximately RM1.285 billion subject to adjustments arising from fluctuations in exchange rate and the price of fuel, and changes in cost if applicable. The award of Package 2 shall be strictly conditional upon the approvals of the board of directors of TPD and E&O and of the relevant regulatory authority on the scheduling of works.

Following on from the previous announcements on approvals in hand, and now with the award, physical works in regards to Seri Tanjung Pinang Phase 2 will commence in the near future.

This announcement is dated 28 October 2015.

Hiro

21 posts

Posted by Hiro > 2015-10-28 21:57 | Report Abuse

Very good compilation Mr Rajuan Singh. I am banking on the TP1 and TP2. How about WB?

Posted by EnO_TurboBlast > 2015-10-28 22:30 | Report Abuse

Base on the report, the Phase2A + Gurney Forore = Package 1= 253+131 =384 with cost RM1.035B

During the EGM it was mentioned that the cost would roughly be 150psf reclamation and the delay then for the award was due to fuel cost and construction cost adjustment which was downwards.

When I use the 150psf to calculate, I got RM2.51B
=1.673e+7*150 (where 1.673e sq feet conversion from 384 acres)
= RM 2.51B
This means they got additional substantial reduction from the expected 150psf reclamation cost

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/china-firm-bags-rm232b-stp2-reclamation-job-penang-0

Post a Comment
Market Buzz