Posted by godhand > 2018-10-15 16:35 | Report Abuse

By terminating MMC-Gamuda for the leftover works for MRT2, How could it benefit the new government in anyway. Recession will be triggered right away Gamuda can be considered as dai kor in the construction industry who feeds many subcons and suppliers underneath them. The timing cannot be anymore worse, as the whole sector already get hits in the balls hard as is. By terminating MMC-GAMUDA, only china con will stand a chance By inviting china construction companies to bid in this project, the government is forcing Gamuda to get out of its comfort zone where they need to bid very competitively for a razor thin margin to win the contract. This does not comply to Mahathir's intention to improve the local economy as the government is giving fat meat to outsiders. (Please note that there are many risks that can potentiallyhttps://cdn1.i3investor.com/cm/icon/spinner.gif happen in construction industry) Compensation By terminating mmc-gamuda, obviously the government has to pay LAD which amounts to a big amount considered the time wasted, set-up cost, stc. Baseless Accusation The government claim the projects are overvalued but they simplu cannot proof it. They hired minconsult as an independent consultant to evaluate gamuda's rate. Here comes the problem, You are asking small fish to evaluate a big fish/ leader of the industry. You have no experience in evaluating such work, not qualified and obviously u cant do shit to proof gamuda wrong when they want you to show them your cost. Complexity of MRT2 works If u think you can pluck off and re-attached these works like lego. Please note that as a new contractor taking over, u will need soil investigation data, structural data, etc. as these things are complicated as f***, they need time to study all the data and drawings and guess what there goes your time and money. Conclusion Often time i heard that Gamuda is a crony company. Maybe? Maybe not? My answer to you so what if they are as long as they can deliver their jobs within time, cost and quality constrain.

Be the first to like this.

3 comment(s). Last comment by godhand 2018-10-15 16:52

speakup

25,147 posts

Posted by speakup > 2018-10-15 16:39 | Report Abuse

Aiyoh u stating the obvious! Everybody know LGE purposely target Gamuda to push down the shares for himself & cronies to collect dirt cheap. Now that they have collected so much Gamuda shares, 100% guaranteed they will say no termination. Mark my words, NO TERMINATION!

Anti_debt

224 posts

Posted by Anti_debt > 2018-10-15 16:44 | Report Abuse

Because of Gamuda M'sia must have RM 1 trillion debts fair or not to those never use Gamuda railways eg those in Sabah, Sarawak or even East Coast states?

godhand

1,885 posts

Posted by godhand > 2018-10-15 16:52 | Report Abuse

speakup

what proof do u have? why dont u blog with that content see what happen

Post a Comment
Market Buzz