Posted by Tobby > 2022-04-13 13:20 | Report Abuse

Investment!

Be the first to like this.

3 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2022-04-13 14:39

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-04-13 13:41 | Report Abuse

It's one of those days when something has just started big! I remember back in 2015, smartphones were considered very new! I was still using dumbphone back then! Yet strangely i had tablet for daily driver back then!
Today, you can even buy a RM300 smartphone! Which is quite good for that price! Better than those in 2015!
We are in the midst of a huge EV revolution now! Tesla has millions of pre order! BYD has half a million of pre order in Australia! VW already sold out their production for this year! However, the rest of the legacy autos are moving very slow!
China barely can keep up with domestic demand! So are the rest of the world for that matter! In Malaysia, our Proton and Perodua are still sleeping and i am afraid they won't be able to capitalize on EV boom!
Malaysia should attract BYD to open a manufacturing plant here! Because i believe, BYD will be the biggest EV maker compare to Tesla!
Tesla is like Apple and BYD is your android equalivent!
Having said this, oil price will not go up forever! I dont know what is the peak price of oil but i think it's already hitting the bar! Maybe go to usd200 if there's a shortage globally but 2 years from now, there will be glut of oil as more and more rig are opened!
But 2 years from now, EV will be new normal! So i am afraid we may see oil hitting very low price by then!

Posted by investor2021trading > 2022-04-13 14:20 | Report Abuse

According to TA Securities analyst Wilson Loo, MPI's key drivers include MPI's focus on the high-barriers-to-entry automotive segment as the group seeks to capitalize on the long-term trend towards vehicle electrification, accompanied by growing semiconductor content per vehicle.

Loo sees the growth trajectory for chips intact, fueled by ongoing acceleration in digitalization and proliferation of secular technology trends like 5G, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, robotics, and vehicle electrification.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-04-13 14:39 | Report Abuse

Yeah, MPI remain a good bet!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz