Posted by Tobby > 2022-06-03 16:51 | Report Abuse

Politics!

Be the first to like this.

11 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2022-06-05 02:45

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-06-03 17:00 | Report Abuse

One of the reason why bursa hit highest during Najib administration was his brave implementation of GST! Well, Najib also remove tons of subsidies including petrol and diesel which perhaps the main reason for his downfall!
I think it's not GST that kill Najib rather floating RON95 that made rakyat so mad about him! 1MDB ignite the rage and hate towards corruption!
Here's the thing! If you want GST, you must also get rid of corruption! Rakyat as a whole will pay for GST! And rakyat expect a clean and transparent government as a trade off!
You cannot make a cake and eat it too! Meaning, you cannot expect to reimplement GST and think rakyat will be okay with the normal corrupt practices!
PM Sabri was dumbass enough to maintain current RON95 price! Or else, if not, our inflation would have been so high, he won't dare to face the wrath of rakyat! But it comes at a price! Malaysia is paying 70 billion annually for this subsidy! It's just too damn high!
However, by re introduction GST, at least this subsidy will be cut by half!
Beside, GST is the most efficient taxation! Up to 100 billion tax remain uncollected thanks to ineffectiveness of SST!
Now, rakyat has wisen up! In fact the acceptance of GST is better compare to previously! They understand what GST is capable of!
As long as government fix RON95, rakyat will grumble less! This was Najib biggest mistake! At least PM Sabri the ever low IQ lawmaker knew!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-06-03 17:05 | Report Abuse

In the last GE, Harapan used GST card to max! And it worked! But this round, it won't! Why, because RON95 is fix! So inflation will be under control! So rakyat won't be trouble with weekly changes in price of goods!
Harapan won't be able to capitlize Bosku card as well! Especially if PM Sabri able to send Najib to jail!
In fact if PM Sabri manage to send both Najib and Zahid to jail, he can reposition himself in better light! And if he lower his ego and make Tok Mat as his next DPM, at least Umno chances among majority malays will be acceptable! So if PM Sabri remains PM and Tok Mat as his DPM, at least it totaly defuse division among Umno members! Then again, like i said before, i pray that we won't see PM Sabri continue as PM! I mean, this dude is really not fit to be PM! Haix, what can i do! I am just ordinary rakyat! In politics, we are beggars and beggars can't be choosy!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-06-03 22:25 | Report Abuse

As long as the government is clean and transparent, no problem!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-06-03 22:25 | Report Abuse

Look at Singapore!

Sslee

4,808 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-06-04 07:52 | Report Abuse

Remove RON 95 subsidised all price of good will increase. Implement GST all price of good will increase because of add on tax.

So Malaysians are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Damn if you do damn if you don't

Up_again

949 posts

Posted by Up_again > 2022-06-04 11:17 | Report Abuse

Why would continuous price increase be bad? As long as you make sure your own wages or investment catch up
Price is the best social separator

Sslee

4,808 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-06-04 11:51 | Report Abuse

Price increase is bad because majority of Malaysians are wage earner and price increase will reduce their purchasing power moreover as year past by they have more mouths to feed as their family expand.

chinaman

3,221 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2022-06-04 15:36 | Report Abuse

inflation mostly from food price due to gomen's failed Look East policy towards industrialisation at the expense of food agriculture. Pak Lah past rhetoric on modern agriculture fail to materialise. The best example is NFC cow gate scandal end up with cow living in the condo

chinaman

3,221 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2022-06-04 15:47 | Report Abuse

Millions of illegal, legal migrants should re-deploy into food security business, i/o allowed roaming freely and fighting with local petty traders at pasar malam.....or do own business fight with locals

chinaman

3,221 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2022-06-04 16:16 | Report Abuse

GST is pro business only but negative to poor citizens. Taliban gomen should just impose luxury tax on many luxury items like gold jewels, electric car, etc instead of giving tax exemption to plug the deficit. i dont think electric cars is necessity. more like luxury for rich and famous. how many can afford Tesla like cap ayam boss?

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-06-05 02:45 | Report Abuse

Problem with initial introuction of GST was that, goods where double even tripled tax along the chain! Which Najib administration fail to address!
Another was that some food items where also tax like canned food!
However, food essentials where not tax like rice, chicken, cooking oil and so forth!
The strange thing was, even though there was no GST on this items, many victimized their customers by hiking their food! Or maybe because of the floated RON95 which constantly change every week hence the uncontrollable price hike of essentials! I really don't know!
The thing is, if GST is reintroduction, government must make sure all food items except sugared drinks and junk food are free from GST! Canned food are poor's man food, why put GST on it!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz