Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-12 15:04 | Report Abuse

Reality!

Be the first to like this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by ykloh 2022-07-13 00:07

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-12 15:06 | Report Abuse

Here's a thing about speaking English in Malaysia! It's the T20 thingy you know! They say if you speak English, then you must be well educated! Or comes from rich family! Or very cultured people! Or, some say, you must be singaporean! Which was a big whack on my pride when a malay lady told me why i can't speak bahasa, so she just assume i am singaporean!

Sslee

4,565 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-07-12 15:09 | Report Abuse

Malaysia is a trading country and its economy depend on trade.
So may I know what is the language used if you want to sell/marketing your products oversea?

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-12 15:10 | Report Abuse

This KL bubble delusion where speaking English is part of the in thing is fine! As long as it stays in KL!
Problem is, some dumbass start to ridicule those who speaks bahasa and can't speak English!
Look! It's not about how well you speak English! In fact most if not 90% malaysians speaks manglish to be exact! Our spoken English is terrible! It does not sound like Brittish, actually those in UK speak the worst spoken English of all, once you go outside of London! And our English certain far from those spoken by Australians! I mean, how many can speak like americans! Our English or manglish is spoken by only few millions, shiok with ourselves thinking how fantastic our English is! It's not! Just to remind ourselves!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-12 15:13 | Report Abuse

English is used for trading with western countries! Or those once colonized by the British!
And the other prime reason for using English is to acquire knowledge! Especially in science, math and technology!
So we must set our priority why we must use English! What's the point of bragging the ability to speak English if you circle of friends only use it for bragging right!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-12 15:15 | Report Abuse

So yeah, please, especially our 'cap ayam' politicians! English must be used for this 2 purpose! For trading with developed countries and also to acquire knowledge especially in science, math and technology! Period!
Not about demanding English as part of national language! But as a veru useful language for trade and knowledge!
Set our priority right!

ykloh

508 posts

Posted by ykloh > 2022-07-13 00:07 | Report Abuse

A society made up of hollow heads in the majority is easier to manage and manipulate by those in politics.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz