Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-07-17 00:29 | Report Abuse

Government!

Be the first to like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by purple70 2023-07-17 13:04

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-07-17 00:34 | Report Abuse

Haix! So unity government want to waste taxpayers money by introducing new card for B40 refueling! I say please! Don't!
With Tesla latest entry into Malaysia, more and more EVs will enter and drop their price too! Just let EVs come in with zero tariff for the next few years! I am very sure BYD will have no choice but to introduce their Dolphin at 70k!
I mean, BYD could follow Tesla style by directly selling to consumer here rather that go through 3rd party!
I believe it's time for other EV producers to follow Tesla footstep! Just forgo dealership! Which only fatten up EV prices!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-07-17 00:36 | Report Abuse

Perodua and Proton will have to gear up too! ICE cars days are numbered! Like China, fewer and fewer car owner are stopping at gas station! EV has become a choice over ICE! The same will happen to Malaysia soon!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-07-17 00:39 | Report Abuse

Fuel subsidy has been government burden since 2018! Before najib administration removed fuel subsidy! So blame PH for their blunder and current bloating deficit!
Anyway, i believe unity government will have to dial down fuel subsidy as more and more are switching to EVs!
Tesla should be major player in Malaysia by next year! We could see more and more Tesla on our road then! And BYD too will common by next year! We are entering a transition to EV!

purple70

227 posts

Posted by purple70 > 2023-07-17 13:02 | Report Abuse

Easiest is to float fuel of all types to market and then target the sector that needs help!

Subsidies dont work..its wasted. The biggest PETROL Stations in this country are at Thai, Singapore and Borneo borders, where fuel traders have made a great living just by driving fuel trucks 4 times a day across borders like GOLOK! iT's easily RM400 profit each trip. These will take 8 hrs to be done!

purple70

227 posts

Posted by purple70 > 2023-07-17 13:04 | Report Abuse

A friend has a 23 yr Camry Car which had to be modifed to 2.4 ltr engine as 2 ltr engine was not available at that time!

So, the road tax is RM700 plus pa and now w fuel subsidy taken away, imagine additional fuel bills of RM800 a month!

Is this fair when the car 's market value is only RM12K?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz