Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-19 20:04 | Report Abuse

Another by-election defeat, another cock-and-bull story from Pakatan Harapan leaders. Let me see: it was due to voters not sufficiently embracing PH yet; it was because people have high expectations of the government. If Malaysians had not embraced PH, I wonder how the events of May 9, 2018 happened. All I know is that BN was roundly defeated in Peninsular Malaysia as well as Sabah and Sarawak. Today, almost two years after the historic victory, we are suddenly reminded that we have not sufficiently embraced PH. Where did this come from? Is this a cruel joke or what?

Be the first to like this.

33 comment(s). Last comment by EngineeringProfit 2020-01-22 23:22

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-19 22:13 | Report Abuse

TK Chua is correct:

1.Malaysians are very reasonable people. We never expect much from the government other than what was promised to us.

No need flying car pet project, etc

2. We actually never expected unfettered freedom or liberty, other than hoping that the government will make right the injustices inflicted over the years.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-19 22:15 | Report Abuse

TK Chua had asked the right question:

But what do we see today?

The people embraced change and reform a long time ago, long before the 14th general election. It is politicians who, after gaining power, are suddenly experiencing cold feet or are now beholden to vested interests.

They are unwilling to do what was promised to the people. Not only that, in many instances, they are in fact doing the opposite of what was promised.

When the people show their displeasure, all PH does is provide excuses — from the “deep state” to “sabotage” and “insufficient time” to “inherited baggage and problems from the previous administration”

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2020-01-19 22:18 | Report Abuse

In i3, stuffed with people posting negative stuffs about Mahathir about Malaysia. I cannot stop them. In social media, negative people have a lot of energy, Positve people, good people don't have so much energy. And that is the trouble with the new social media age..............this has ramifications every where. ...Trump's America, Europe , UK, HK, ...every where. Only China with its unique approach retains its sanity and progressing well, the people happy and see a bright future ahead and full of positive energy..........................................................

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2020-01-19 22:21 | Report Abuse

I would like to focus on ethics and moral.... To me, this government is as ethical and moral as u can get... Of course to Muslims and Christians, only Pas got morals and ethics.... And for Christians only churches got ethics and morals.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2020-01-19 22:22 | Report Abuse

20 months very short time only compared with 60 years under BN.... As in all revolutions, the initial years are the most difficult years, it is this time we must call on all our reserves, resilience, patience and go through this difficult period.... If people throw out Ccp after 20 months, there would be no New China and the success that China has.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2020-01-19 22:25 | Report Abuse

It is stoicism that will see Malaysia through.... Stoicism as in Marcus Aurelius is what will serve us well.... Not critics, not social media, not impatience,

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2020-01-19 22:27 | Report Abuse

Malaysia has a relatively moral and ethical government. Now is time for people to take responsibility for their lives for the country. Don't blame here blame there....and if people don't think we have a relatively moral and ethical government, then I cannot help them....there is some thing wrong with them, not with Mahathir or Malaysia.

People who are determined to be negative people.....who can help them?

Just like those HK rioters........who can help them? America can help them?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-19 22:37 | Report Abuse

qqq3 got his points. Make sense too

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2020-01-19 23:00 | Report Abuse

I am right in the sense that we should support the government not oppose it.... Because the alternative is far worse

People always think it is smart to be critical.

How many think it is smart to have resilience, patience, ?

How many think it is smart to be appreciative ,be grateful, have some patience and be willing to trust? But appreciative, grateful, patience, trust, optimistic are key ingredients for happiness and stability of a country, and also for the individual.

We need to build a cool, calm, appreciative, grateful society not a society always just want to fight.

Moral and ethics in government.... That is what I look for.... Moral and ethics, every thing else can be solved.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2020-01-19 23:04 | Report Abuse

be careful why u fight...........otherwise the more u fight, the nearer u get to what u fear most.................

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2020-01-19 23:07 | Report Abuse

Tan Sri Rick Walker > Jan 19, 2020 11:03 PM | Report Abuse

Answer : Yeah sure! But with record of broken promises, infightings and political instability, imcompetence at highest level, constant change of tune! I mean, who needs opposition if Pakatan can do it themselves!
========

u apparently never hear the saying.....the greatest chaos, the greatest suffering at the end of a dynasty and the beginning of a new dynasty............bear through it, the fruits are available...otherwise, its back to chaos.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2020-01-19 23:11 | Report Abuse

It is stoicism that will see Malaysia through.... Stoicism as in Marcus Aurelius and seneca is what will serve us well.... Not critics, not social media, not impatience,

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 07:58 | Report Abuse

But GE 15 cannot wait. GE 15 cannot be won over by 'divide and rulw'

Why the rakyat so divided? Who created affirmative measures to divide them?

1. First and foremost, there are Muslim children and non-Muslim children in the teachers' eye.

Moral? Ethical? NO

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:02 | Report Abuse

Why immoral and unethical to label them(

Cultural Tradition has its place, but that place is not in factual education

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:06 | Report Abuse

There is wickedness in labelling children with the religion of their parents

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:21 | Report Abuse

One of my many great grandchildren attended standard one in anational school this year. When he came home, I asked him to tell me things that happened in the memorable first day. He said a girl with headscarf stting in front of him threatened him that he would go to hell after a round of self-introducion in class.

My great grandchildren : Just because I am a Dayak and nonbeliever of her god or her holy scripture?

Me: Although your great grandfather, me, is a master in philosophy and psychology, I'll find it extremely challenging to undo the damage she had inflicted onto you intentionally or unintentionally.

My great grandchildren : I ran to question my class teacher, and guess what!? He affirmed what she told me!!!!

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:22 | Report Abuse

Can see the wickedness?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:23 | Report Abuse

Moral and ethical to turn a blind eye?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:27 | Report Abuse

Myopic-viewed religion makes truth claims about the real world. Is it moral and ethical to keep it in schools?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:30 | Report Abuse

There are legitimate and admirable respects in which people differ from one another by virtue of traditions, handed down through generations. Factual beliefs about the real world should not be among them. When you put it like that, I find it hard to imagine how any person of goodwill and intelligence could seriously disagree.(see the case of my unfortunately-cum-unnecessarily psyche-scarred innocent-minded great grandchild

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:34 | Report Abuse

Do you still think the gomen is moral and ethical? Just on simply shaping the young minds....

And moral and ethical is when I stomped into the school office the next day......and reprimamded all there

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:38 | Report Abuse

And .....shame and loss of dignity are the perpetuator, teacher and head of school have to bear in front of the assembly for their adsurdities, thoughtlessness and wickedness

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 08:44 | Report Abuse

Because it is usually not put like that, there are many people, even non-religious people of intelligence and goodwill, who have been duped into confusing the ‘cultural tradition’ side of religion with the ‘factual beliefs’ side. When such confusion flows from the labelling of children it is downright wicked.

* what choice my granddaughter got......and she is a lawyer

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 09:22 | Report Abuse

Where is moral or ethical.....when truth is the biggest enemy to those who live and spread lies for their selfish benefits.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 09:26 | Report Abuse

What to the moral and ethical way to deal with control bully freaks?

These people obsessively try to dictate how you’re supposed to be and feel. They have an opinion about everything; disagree at your peril. They’ll control you by invalidating your emotions if those don’t fit into their rulebook. Controllers often start sentences with, 'You know what you need?.....'" (Psychiatrist Dr Judith Orloff writing about control freaks)

Moral and ethical if just peluk tubuh and watch from the sideway?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 09:28 | Report Abuse

Freedom to choose many things including belief system is an unalienable right of the sane human being (moral and ethic)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 09:45 | Report Abuse

Globally, more money with world's richest 2,000 people than poorest 4.6 billion combined.

In Kelantan, the recent expenditure spent on 14 Mercedes is more than 4.6 times the budget to once-and-forever flood mitigation project for all its 2.000 million population

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-20 11:19 | Report Abuse

Harapan must U-turn no more. PH must be moral, ethical and determined enough to re-embrace Malaysians with genuine reforms

laychee

1,743 posts

Posted by laychee > 2020-01-20 11:20 | Report Abuse

The PH has been destroyed by Azmin and Chua.

We should welcome the comeback of UMNO and BN.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-21 22:45 | Report Abuse

Shared Prosperity Vision not in line with PH manifesto, says Edmund Terence Gomez.

Key points:

1. SPV) is just a rehash of the National Economic Policy (NEP) from the 1970s, with similar emphasis on race-based policies; thus departs from the Pakatan Harapan (PH)'s need-based manifesto

2. No attempts to reform GLCs so that they can better serve the national interests.

3. SPV's policies on the SMEs are recycled from the NEP.

4 Lack of effective reforms for education, especially for the poor. The poor kids are not getting a high-quality education, the poor will be left behind, contrary to what the SPV says.

5. This PH government is not being transparent with data as promised in GE14. A total lack of clarity on the tabulation of the figures, especially whether GLCs were included under the category of Bumiputera-held equities.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-22 19:58 | Report Abuse

Embrace High Moral Standard We Must - Yoda (Lead by Example)

The mandate is for PH to rule for 5 years. The arrangement is for Tun to be the interim PM, then handover to DSAI. In accordance to definition, the interim PM cannot be in office for more than 2.5 years. The problem is not our poor English standard understanding what interim means but the lack of moral character to honor what was presented to the electorate before the election.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-22 23:22 | Report Abuse

The states in the federation shall be, pursuant to the Malaysia Agreement 1963, (a) Malaya (Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Perak, Perlis, Pulau Pinang, Selangor, and Terengganu); and (b) the Borneo states of Sabah and Sarawak.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz