Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-28 19:55 | Report Abuse

The concept known as the law of the instrument is a cognitive bias that involves an over-reliance on a familiar tool. As Abraham Maslow said in 1966, "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

Be the first to like this.

23 comment(s). Last comment by EngineeringProfit 2020-01-30 20:43

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-28 20:03 | Report Abuse

Uomo Universale (Universal man) is an ideal that developed in Renaissance Italy from the notion expressed by one of its most-accomplished representatives, Leon Battista Alberti (1404–72), that “a man can do all things if he will.”

The ideal embodied the basic tenets of Renaissance humanism, limitless in his capacities for development, and led to the notion that men should try to embrace all knowledge and develop their own capacities as fully as possible.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-28 20:52 | Report Abuse

Getting many people gather and crowd together to chant over a reasonably long period.....

...need to wear masks?

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2020-01-28 21:11 | Report Abuse

To ease your sinus discomfort or flu when phlegm got struck in your nose or throat,the best medical cure is to mix two parts of pure tumeric(kuyit) powder and one portion of pure cinommon powder(kayu manis) in one glass of warm water.Consume it twice a day n the phlegm will be coughed out n cure your flu.I never visit a doctor n cure my flu or sinus with these spices for my illness.You can strenghen your immune n respiratory systems by this method.
Hope I can help with this traditional method.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2020-01-28 21:18 | Report Abuse

Also wear a mask when you talk to strangers or in public place to minimise exposure to risk of unhealthy air.I hole up in my apartment in the evenings n move around outside in the morning to get some exercise.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2020-01-28 21:25 | Report Abuse

Cocoa is for streghening the heart n not for flu or sinus.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-28 21:26 | Report Abuse

No wonder GCB also went down

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2020-01-28 21:31 | Report Abuse

Cocoa generate love and calmness. Either way it suppose to go beserk like superman

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2020-01-28 21:40 | Report Abuse

For prevention it is wise to come tumeric drinks daily ax it has anti toxic properties instead of panic of contaminatoon.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2020-01-28 21:43 | Report Abuse

Correction:..it is wise to consume tumeric drinks...

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2020-01-28 22:13 | Report Abuse

Pls don't argue with me when my friends n me have cure our flu and sinus with it.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-28 22:16 | Report Abuse

Are you promoting CARING counter?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-28 22:19 | Report Abuse

No...wait. Most common colds are self-limiting. They just come and go by themselves. You could even recover by sunbathing, sun yoga or qigong

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-29 06:36 | Report Abuse

And why the display of fire crackers and fire work did not elimimate the 'viral' demon?

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2020-01-29 07:40 | Report Abuse

Each dosage is one teaspoon in the portion of 2:1 for tumeric n cinommon respectively in one glass of warm water.Take two times a day if you have flu,sinus or asthma problems for 3 days.
For strengthening your immune system take tumeric once a day,if you have diabetic take together with cinommon which is a sugar burner in your blood.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-29 19:47 | Report Abuse

“How can we protect ourselves and our families?”

1. When you leave your home, wear gloves and keep them on in subways, buses, and public spaces.

2. If you are in a social situation where you should remove your gloves, perhaps to shake hands or dine, do not touch your face or eyes, no matter how much something itches. Keep your hands away from contact with your face. And before you put your gloves back on, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water, scrubbing the fingers. Put your gloves on.

3. Change a pair of new gloves daily

4. Masks are useless when worn outdoors and may not be very helpful even indoors. Most masks deteriorate after one or two wearings. Using the same mask day after day is worse than useless—it’s disgusting, as the contents of your mouth and nose eventually coat the inside of the mask with a smelly veneer that is attractive to bacteria. I rarely wear a face mask in an epidemic, and I have been in more than 30 outbreaks. Instead, I stay away from crowds, and I keep my distance from individual people—a half meter, about 1.5 feet, is a good standard. If someone is coughing or sneezing, I ask them to put on a mask—to protect me from their potentially contaminated fluids. If they decline, I step a meter (about 3 feet) away from them, or I leave. Don’t shake hands or hug people—politely beg off, saying it’s better for both of you not to come in close contact during an epidemic.

5. Inside your household, remove all of the towels from your bathrooms and kitchen immediately, and replace them with clean towels that have the names of each family member on them. Instruct everybody in your home to only use their own towels and never touch another family member’s. Wash all towels twice a week. Damp towels provide terrific homes for viruses, like common colds, flus, and, yes, coronaviruses.

6. Be careful with doorknobs. If it’s possible to open and close doors using your elbows or shoulders, do so. Wear gloves to turn a doorknob—or wash your hands after touching it. If anybody in your home takes sick, wash your doorknobs regularly. Similarly, be cautious with stairway banisters, desktops, cell phones, toys, laptops—any objects that are hand-held. As long as you handle only your own personal objects, you will be ok—but if you need to pick up someone else’s cell phone or cooking tools or use someone else’s computer keyboard, be mindful of not touching your face and wash your hands immediately after touching the object.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-30 20:30 | Report Abuse

While the rest of the world prepares for the outbreak with evidence-based measures, India is taking a different route.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-30 20:32 | Report Abuse

Ayurveda is said to deal with the "physical, mental, and spiritual world of mankind", and while it translates to the "science of life", actual evidence for its benefits are lacking.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-30 20:33 | Report Abuse

Among them are a whole array of herbal potions and mixes, a drop of sesame oil in each nostril upon waking, and a "light and soft" diet.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-30 20:34 | Report Abuse

If it weren't for the Dalai Lama recently telling his followers to chant a mantra as protection, India's purported tips to fend off the coronavirus might be the least effective advice offered yet.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-30 20:35 | Report Abuse

Along with the usual hygienic niceties, a government authority this week told the public exactly what to do while we wait for a vaccine: on an empty stomach, take one dose of the homeopathic solution, Arsenicum album30, each day for three days.
Then, in a month, if the outbreak still poses a threat, rinse and repeat.
Far from being a "prophylactic medicine", as the ministry suggests, this miracle concoction is, in reality, a super-diluted form of arsenic trioxide. Not only is the compound known to be fatal if improperly used, but there's also no evidence to suggest it works on the coronavirus, or any other condition for that matter.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-30 20:41 | Report Abuse

It is folly for a man to pray t gods for that which he has the power to be committed to contain an infectious himself.(Epicurus)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-30 20:43 | Report Abuse

It is possible to provide security against other ills, but as far as coronaviral death is concerned, we men live in a city without walls.(Epi)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz