Be the first to like this.

148 comment(s). Last comment by newcomer 2011-11-02 21:24

Posted by richardlim72 > 2011-10-25 09:53 | Report Abuse

u enjoy lah....can buy cheaper! since when it's my favourite? i'm trying to save ppl but nobody listen everytime i tell ppl to be cautious they tell won't listen...u still haven't buy yet but if this counter rebound later u will can only watch & see only as this counter goes up higher so don think ur smart bcos u haven't buy yet...hahaha u don even know when the exact timing to buy this counter....hahaha :D

Posted by richardlim72 > 2011-10-25 10:02 | Report Abuse

u smarter until now still haven't buy...I can only buy OL lunch...hahaha :P

Posted by richardlim72 > 2011-10-25 10:07 | Report Abuse

how soon? i want u to buy today can?? if u can get today's lowest price count u win ok? deal?.....MUAHAHAHA :D

Posted by richardlim72 > 2011-10-25 10:22 | Report Abuse

ok lah u tell me when can i buy or when do u think can buy? hihihi i might listen to ur advice...LOL
today can buy or not? or buy tomorrow?
everyone here very kan-chiong here u know tho they don post comment but they are all reading.....HAHAHAHA :D

ngaisteve1

4,203 posts

Posted by ngaisteve1 > 2011-10-25 10:25 | Report Abuse

i suggest buy Tomoro :)

Posted by richardlim72 > 2011-10-25 10:31 | Report Abuse

Ooops....hahaha sorry forgot tomorrow holiday....tq for reminding me. so happy now no need to work tomorrow.....YEAHHHHHH!!

Posted by richardlim72 > 2011-10-25 10:39 | Report Abuse

over we are all brothers no such thing as sifu or guru....bcos those claim to be sifu or guru will collect money from u by getting u attend seminar so call teach u how to invest but they themself don't have 100% winning method if they do why waste time teaching. I never pay a single cent for such thing. I rather donate money to charity and help the poor rather than give money to those ppl.....But don worry many naive, ignorant ppl will still pay those sifus to learn how to trade stocks, how to spot signal, how to blah, blah, blah....i think before u even make ur money they already sapu all your money.....LOL :P

Posted by richardlim72 > 2011-10-25 10:50 | Report Abuse

uncle chee ESOS so cheap no wonder down-lah if i get also i'll sell off profit $0.40 over cts....invest more stock-lah i remember XOX only cost $0.10 but we all buy $0.80 somemore rebut-rebut for that price. And they're smilling all the way to the bank man!! who don wan to go listing u tell me-lah!

ganasai

1,671 posts

Posted by ganasai > 2011-10-25 11:09 | Report Abuse

flood is one thing, but the related person also sell share really make people scare (may be he want sold high buy low or he run first because know something happen?). I will hold n see first. not dare to simply buy loh after warned by u.

mikenkh

32 posts

Posted by mikenkh > 2011-10-25 11:52 | Report Abuse

Good you are less emotional now, more focussed and able to sense danger. Frankly I believe, more bad news will follow. 45 days extension is merely to buy time and abort gracefully. The present picture and looking forward the months ahead is not good. Don't underestimate the damage.How good Eng was counts little.

mikenkh

32 posts

Posted by mikenkh > 2011-10-25 12:00 | Report Abuse

By the way I was like you in my 30s. So gungho. Taken for a ride by rumours, tips etc. Paid heavy tuition fees. Fortunately learn the hard way from experience and sharing with you people. Remember those days no website, no portals. You are lucky you have Lim and others to sober you up and lterally push money into your pockrt Thank him OK

mikenkh

32 posts

Posted by mikenkh > 2011-10-25 12:19 | Report Abuse

Sorry for the bad spelling. Old man can't see clearly. Gan, I believe you are indeed Gan AH Sai. A name can arouse animosity if poorly spoken or said. It delivers a different meaning. I am 100% sure that was not your intention to provoke people. Anyway,
some food for thoughts from Hongki who wisen me up.
1. Even LI Kashing cannot afford to average down all the time.
2. Don't bang your head against the wall to prove your loyalty.
3. Missed opporunity is also money loss. Let money works for you.

I said enough. Thanks for your time.

ganasai

1,671 posts

Posted by ganasai > 2011-10-25 13:08 | Report Abuse

ya, i understood. thanks yours.

ganasai

1,671 posts

Posted by ganasai > 2011-10-25 13:10 | Report Abuse

money really not easy earn, experience not enough. now buying experience.

Stephenlee

423 posts

Posted by Stephenlee > 2011-10-25 14:38 | Report Abuse

Food for Thought: Do you know that OCBC & Great Eastern Life Insurance shares fell from RM40+ to around RM3++ during the 1970s

ngaisteve1

4,203 posts

Posted by ngaisteve1 > 2011-10-25 14:57 | Report Abuse

richard, u full time blogger in this site? :D

mikenkh

32 posts

Posted by mikenkh > 2011-10-25 15:47 | Report Abuse

you stirred me up Steve. I was just initiated into stocks by a good hearted colleague and to a good broker. I was advised never to gamble, just pick stocks like Wearnes, Consplant, Inchape, Perlis Plant to name a few. Came 77, Hwatai( biscuit) Repco ( exhaust)goring to 100. Many more astronomical prices. It was cracy. Then 97 crash. Thank God I was spared, brokers told me don't follow. Use your brains! Still hurt a bit, with crash helmet, head not broken but body bruises.

However this is important lesson. Maybank was 1.85. IOI 1.20 I sold PPB 3 plus very happy. If I kept till today, you will not read me here. Can keep so long ah. Yes some of my old kakis are still holding some of these. After 4 crashes,anyone will at least be wiser. But I don't have all the answers. Chinese idiom, live old learn even when old.

mikenkh

32 posts

Posted by mikenkh > 2011-10-25 17:27 | Report Abuse

Gan, now that your money is so hard earned, be more cynical about news and write up. Nobody is duty bound to tell the truth. Fund managers, brokers will send out pigeons after loading up. You rush in blindly, ngap. I am not saying all crows are black or are they! Sorry if I hurt some feelings.

HK is worst and more sophisticated. They get papers, office colleagues, hawkers even housewives to sing good praises for a counter. Sure, it goes up, you bet. Then drop like a ton of bricks. If you do this make sure you are disciplined, know when to go in and get out fast. Otherwise be patient. Pick up some. hammered down gems, wait, maybe collect dividen and sell. No great money but learn slowly.Good medicine is mostly bitter. Cheer up guys. This is not the end.

ganasai

1,671 posts

Posted by ganasai > 2011-10-25 17:29 | Report Abuse

ya correct, thanks for your advice. Ai... tech share, really dangerous, even drop, but dont know what day can up back.

mancon

49 posts

Posted by mancon > 2011-10-25 20:20 | Report Abuse

So good why Dato want to sell ?

Stephenlee

423 posts

Posted by Stephenlee > 2011-10-25 21:46 | Report Abuse

Dato is a human being and who doesn't love money? Any charity?

Stephenlee

423 posts

Posted by Stephenlee > 2011-10-25 21:48 | Report Abuse

Dato have feelings too and just think if you are in Dato position? Will you sell the shares first and collect ir later over a few months....(anything can happen)

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 07:37 | Report Abuse

Minus privatised plan and Thai operation A good buy at RM1 as it is still cash rich.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 07:49 | Report Abuse

Well Dato sells down means sell down. That is his own portions. The balance of holdings is from ESOS and IPO holdings. Morally He cant sell the balance yet.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 07:52 | Report Abuse

Even at low range of RM1 to Rm1.2 u have to assume HDD industry has good prospect to recover fast in 6 months time.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 08:14 | Report Abuse

for stock selection u really need to choose big cap as no matter how bad the situation is the company and mgmt has means to withstand financially.

Secondly it is good growth resilient business. THis is ensure stock will make new high with each bull run. Well in bear they make higher low.

U know good stock will come bk as rain and shine or flood their EPS and Div is still growing. While waiting u wont mind collect their div.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 08:20 | Report Abuse

well in cyclical business like HDD and property u can always try to buy at low range and sell at high range. U sell at low PE when the business peaks and buy at high PE when their business slumps.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 08:29 | Report Abuse

When u buy in, u must always assume company will survive. Looking at Eng cash pile, i assume they survive for next 6 mths. Valuation minus MGO minus cash depletion could hover at low range with the hope of MGO as HDD consolidates. Sitll sounds like gambling Not investing.

mikenkh

32 posts

Posted by mikenkh > 2011-10-26 08:33 | Report Abuse

Hey, I am no sifu, just a bit wiser after surviving from 4 crashes. Instinctly you learn to drive carefully. If not wrong Lim you are just 39-excellent, bright future ahead. Yes I cannot agree more you have to read the market-movers mind and think ahead to make money. This is not easy. It comes with years of experience.
Coming back to Eng, the original intention was good. The situation changed. Don't expect Teh and CO to do charity. Last night I saw news- really bad 2.7 m high water. Br Lim is right-never too sure too believing. At first I also thought, sell all and dump into Eng for a sure 50 sen gain. Why not-25% gain.
When disaster struck I ran. There were many instances of offers withdrawn or deals turn sourin downturn . It is only human, you die better than I die. It's a ruthless world in business.
For your info, when CIMB grab Southern Bank owned by Killinghall, we thought we get at least 5 even Blomberg thought so. But finally only 4.28. Politics!! Because we make noise at EGM, a sp div was given, adding to 4.50 plus. Kalau today's standard, Killinghall at least 7-8. Those who went in above 4 make peanuts for holding 9 months. Of course many worst cases like KNM. No end to learning. Cheers, have a good time. God bless.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 09:42 | Report Abuse

Well u need to hv bigger margin of safety than usual. I cant read the HDD industry consolidates like a book. But it looks like top down approach from Hitachi Seagate and Western to chain of supplier like ENG. The ultimate aim is either WDD or Hitachi Seagate takes a big stake in ENG. The floods might hasten the consolidation as small players cant survive more than 6 months. Well there could be change of strategy but not the whole industry. IF Eng could plough along next 6 mths, there would b better price.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 09:50 | Report Abuse

The good timing could b at the release of 3rd quarter results by end of Nov. By that time the floods should hv subsided. Dato has also put in notification to deal with securities.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 09:57 | Report Abuse

Well in ENG it is just gambling. What is the rule of gambling then?

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 10:04 | Report Abuse

Looks at the price of last ten years. It is like banker and dealer gambling.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 10:13 | Report Abuse

i hv a bad following at Rm1.6. I am not going to do anything until it is Rm1.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 10:27 | Report Abuse

Whenever i forget not to gamble, i make a loss. The loss is almost coming form swelled head.

ganasai

1,671 posts

Posted by ganasai > 2011-10-26 10:42 | Report Abuse

dont be sad anymore. Take this as an experience. As i said to myself "buying experience". Now better we ready ourself on this debt crisis, see can collect any good blue chip (cheap is not good, good is not cheap?) that will drop more when crisis come again.

ganasai

1,671 posts

Posted by ganasai > 2011-10-26 10:48 | Report Abuse

dont hold falling knife anymore, if want hold, hold the good blue chip. ganasai wake up already, i always said people emotional, actually i'm the one emotional - unable to recognize lose.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 11:58 | Report Abuse

The intention is good as stock price fluctuates too much for last ten years. Not good for company profiling. Also it is a family business. Also, Going forward buying out the rest of family is a big step forward.

Oh iam not sad la. I always disregard small gain and small loss.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 12:03 | Report Abuse

Mike has my first impression, that is making a kill/dump everything. The differance is i make a small test. Becoz without position, i dont know where i am?

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 12:09 | Report Abuse

U can only collect something meaningful below 1300, about 20% below the peak of 1600.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 12:19 | Report Abuse

Am i wrong? Not yet. If i buy at Rm1 and it stays dead then i am wrong.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 13:07 | Report Abuse

as there is no buying power price would go down to investment value. And there is only one way to find out right or wrong which is buy at Rm1. No need to waste time.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 17:00 | Report Abuse

Look for insider move. There it is not any. I could not think of any other persons who is more concern about the decline than shareholder themselves. But it is not there. Well we dont hv to know why but just know that there is no manipulation for the rise yet.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 17:19 | Report Abuse

When there is lack of insider move, there are 2 reasons: first there would be cheaper price and they wait for right conditions and timing. Their buying up must be backed strongly by good conditions and timing. Second is they are afraid of getting the stocks themselves as they know the situation is more serious than public thought.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 17:39 | Report Abuse

There is always unexpected accidents. Unexpected events is like if u c a train coming very far away and coming very slowly, do u still want to walk across the railroad??

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 17:53 | Report Abuse

Unexpected events is like someone winning 99/100 by averaging down and dump everything into Eng at Rm1 But it goes bust at zero.

Well i can afford to buy at Rm1 becoz my gambling is only portion of my investment profit. Well when i gamble i lost most of time.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-26 19:56 | Report Abuse

Old chinese sayings say it well Heaven must grants the wish and timing Earth must pave the way and People must help. Save yr bullet now. Even insider dare not pull the trigger.

Stephenlee

423 posts

Posted by Stephenlee > 2011-10-26 19:57 | Report Abuse

Thai Cabinet ministers requested PM Yingluck to declare Emergency Rules but she refused as the water level was aready reaching the residences of the rivers in Bangkok. Military helicopters are throwing foodstaffs to strangled residences whom are straving few weeks ago at flooding area in Athyuthia flooded area. According to CCTV9, the Thailand govt has given green light to permit US Army and China Govt Aided helicopters to assist in the operation. The flood expected to subside in 6 weeks time according to last govt official announcement but the floods seems to be worsen. In today 26 Oct CCTV noon news, Southern Thailand riots has breakout and 3 being killed. May God be mercy upon the nation.

ngaisteve1

4,203 posts

Posted by ngaisteve1 > 2011-10-26 22:18 | Report Abuse

I guess in this situation, we should only consider ENG after the flood subside which is about 6 weeks from now.

Posted by stockoperator > 2011-10-27 00:29 | Report Abuse

well tq. When i look again at the price from the date of announcement it does not behave right as it never crosses Rm2.3. It should give us early warning. It looks like inside selling from the beginning.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz