11 comment(s). Last comment by richman 2012-09-05 09:25

noobie

Posted by noobie > 2012-09-05 03:17 | Report Abuse

HBGLOB just given dividend. How could it plunge just like this. Anybody expected it?

Posted by Raymond Tiruchelvam > 2012-09-05 03:30 | Report Abuse

well after an almost 50% drop in revenue and 78% drop in earnings in Q2, what else to expect.... the drop in revenue seems permanent..thats real bad news

noobie

Posted by noobie > 2012-09-05 06:54 | Report Abuse

When the news is out, it's already too late those who bought earlier have not yet sold their shares. Suddenly, the news hit and they can't even run as it drop so much in one day.

ganasai

Posted by ganasai > 2012-09-05 08:14 | Report Abuse

for newbies, just study more the tan kian wei posts or forward post. only expert can play fire, because they are trained.

noobie

Posted by noobie > 2012-09-05 08:51 | Report Abuse

In the first place, this stock is giving dividend.
Just like Muhibah, the stock is nof fire, but can suddenly spark up a big fire.
So, there is no safe stocks to buy at all at KLSE.

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-09-05 08:57 | Report Abuse

PLAY with FIRE, only if you are well equipped!

noobie

Posted by noobie > 2012-09-05 09:02 | Report Abuse

What I mean to say is that we may not be playing the fire stock like Mtronic or those goreng because of news or rumours.
We are buying a good stock that can so suddenly collapsed and become fire.
just all because of revenue down,

fandi

280 posts

Posted by fandi > 2012-09-05 09:09 | Report Abuse

Very sad to see those just throw away their hard earned money like that. REAL SAD.

CP TEH

Posted by CP TEH > 2012-09-05 09:23 | Report Abuse

Hi all

Noobie : Those are good questions. To trade or invest in proper manner, it is not as easy as buy good stocks or sell when revenues decrease. More factors to it. If one bought Genting at rm11, at rm9 now is deemed cheap? We need to know why Genting being pushed up to rm11 and why it is downtrending now. Know what I mean? The chances that Genting drops 20 to 30% per day is very remote, I won't say not possible. Think of it, do u think muhibah is good fundamentally? Why do u say so? If it is good, why cimb want out? Anything to do with political risk? Etc etc. Giving dividends also may not be a good stock. Hence, many criteria to consider before one trade or invest.

Time frame. Please consider that in ones trading plan. Do we plan in the first place?

So, general rules ... Do not touch goreng stocks. If one is telling me Genting is cheap at rm11 as the target was rm13 by our friendly analysts, then rm9 should be a cheap sales? Wait a minute, klci at new high ... The risk is much higher to buy at rm9, how about rm7. Will that be a good entry price? Perhaps rm5 is cheap enough and we do not expect it to go to rm3 again? Why yes? Why not?

Thinking critically is very important. Only very few in markets will use brain to think, do their own homework and analysis. Do not trust your broker reports.

TEH

richman

10,110 posts

Posted by richman > 2012-09-05 09:25 | Report Abuse

I have got a fire extinguisher but the problem is it does not work when needed