5 people like this.

53 comment(s). Last comment by Koon Yew Yin 2014-06-10 22:30

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-04 20:19 | Report Abuse

Davidkkw79, your attitude is very uncalled for. How can you blame others for the losses you suffer? Which of Mr. Koon's articles or postings that forced you to buy Mudajaya. He always mentioned very clearly that he should not be held responsible for any gains or losses should you buy this counter. Give him 2 years and then judge his takes on Mudajaya.

Posted by Crescendo > 2014-06-04 20:32 | Report Abuse

I have always keep an eye on PBB, but does the senior age of the founder a concern to anyone as key person risk?

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-04 20:50 | Report Abuse

I have never written an article to recommend buy on Mudajaya. I may have said that I have Mudajaya among some other shares. I know many investors are tired of waiting for their Indian power project completion. Its completion date has been postponed a few times and that is why there are more sellers than buyers. AS a result the price is slowly tumbling down.

If you cannot wait, you sell Mudajaya and buy PBB. But I am prepared to wait because the profit from the Indian project is guaranteed for 25 years.

GGmalaysia

334 posts

Posted by GGmalaysia > 2014-06-05 01:21 | Report Abuse

public bank sooner or later will have right issue and you ask us to buy now, after it rose from 18.xx to 19.xx to recently 21.xx on it's high? what's the reason behind?

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-05 05:24 | Report Abuse

GGmalaysia, I do not have any selfish reason in writing this article. You can see from the long term chart that the share price is always selling at its peak. It may come down a little but it springs up again. I think the reason for the recent price rise is because of the right issue announcement. Investors rush to buy the share because of the discount for the right issues.

I have nothing to gain if GGmalaysia or any other reader buy or not buy PPB because you cannot push up the price as the daily turnover is so large.

Please look at the daily turnover and see how you can push up the price and make me richer.

My object in writing this article is merely to point out that PBB has an exemplary track record and it is a good investment with minimum risk as the title suggests.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-06-05 06:03 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon,
R u moving away from "undervalued growth stocks" or "Value Growth stocks" towards minimum risk blue chip stocks which are fully valued now such as KLK, Batu Kawan and now PBB? What is your rationale for such a shift in your stock investment strategy?

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2014-06-05 07:12 | Report Abuse

If you are buying for the long term, paying slightly more i.e PE 17-20 for companies like PBB is fine, the difference compare to paying PE 12-15 is that your long term compounded return will be slightly lower however you will still make a satisfactory return. The difference will the negligible.

ferdtwh

760 posts

Posted by ferdtwh > 2014-06-05 08:23 | Report Abuse

Will consider PBB after it performs share split.... if any....

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-06-05 08:34 | Report Abuse

I don't see any cogent reasons for buying Public Bank shares at current lofty prices and holding for 17 years. The days of 18% compound growth in its share price are over. The domestic banking market is competitive to the point of saturation. Overseas markets are dangerous waters. Growing competition and changing times mean geriatric managed Public Bank cannot expand at the past historical rate clinging on to risk aversion and conservatism as its twin pillars. Innovation and calculated risk taking are not its strong suits. Public Bank is a low risk investment but returns may disappoint going forward. Not to mention the question of succession to the two TS Tehs.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-05 09:00 | Report Abuse

sunztzhe, I am not moving away from "Value Growth Investing". I allocate a small portion of my money on KLK, Batu Kawan and PBB. Most of my money is on undervalued growth stocks such as JT, TH Plant, Sarawak Plant, Kulim, Mudajaya, MFCB, and Successful Transformers.

I have nothing to hide and my intention is honourable. As I said during my seminar on 1st June, I sold about 50% of my JT in the last few weeks at Rm 2.70 when there were lots of buyers. There were more sellers than buyers in the last few days. I suspect some people who attended my talk, heard that I sold JT. It does not mean that JT is not good any more. I still have about 20 million JT shares. I will buy back JT when it goes lower.

As I said 'no share can go up or down indefinitely for whatever reason'. I must sell some shares when they go up so that I have money to buy shares when they go down. In this way I can use my margin finance more effectively.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-06-05 09:29 | Report Abuse

Thank you Mr Koon for your educational response on investing from a businessman perspective.

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-06-05 13:43 | Report Abuse

Yape most bloggers get attacked for nothing. Well you might not like the price you might not like the presentation you might want to wait for correction That is fine As long as Blogger has no intention to CHEAT your money.

The price you pay Now will determine your future return. Just work out your own strategy ya.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-05 16:30 | Report Abuse

sop, I am using my IQ,EQ,MQ,&BQ to keep all my readers entertained. Thank you for your concern of my health. Often I cannot sleep through the night and I have to take an intermission. That is why sometimes you see my writing at 3 or 4 AM.

Ever since I found i3investor.com I am enjoying myself. I notice that there are very few abusive readers. Now I notice that there far more supporters whose commentaries I appreciate very much.

I am sure many of the readers attended my investment seminar on 1st June in KL. Only sunztzhe came up to identify himself. What a pleasant surprise!

I also notice that my articles on politics attract a lot more responses.

Cheers!

benson911

639 posts

Posted by benson911 > 2014-06-05 16:40 | Report Abuse

Thanks Mr.Koon for sharing.

mmtalents

506 posts

Posted by mmtalents > 2014-06-05 17:16 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, why you did not hint you selling JT at RM2.7 to your follower if you think that is the right price to take profit? and could be your 50% sell down cause JT price to drop?

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-05 18:53 | Report Abuse

mmtalents, I cannot tell every to sell. What happen if I told you to sell and later the the price went up?

I have nothing to hide and my intention is honourable. As I said during my seminar on 1st June, I sold about 50% of my JT in the last few weeks at Rm 2.70 when there were lots of buyers. There were more sellers than buyers in the last few days. I suspect some people who attended my talk, heard that I sold JT. It does not mean that JT is not good any more. I still have about 20 million JT shares. I will buy back JT when it goes lower.

As I said 'no share can go up or down indefinitely for whatever reason'. I must sell some shares when they go up so that I have money to buy shares when they go down. In this way I can use my margin finance more effectively.

JT was trading at Rm 2.70 for a few weeks with fairly high daily turnover and it does not move higher. That is a good time to take some profit bearing in mind that it was around Rm 2.00-210 a few months ago. You can still sell at about Rm 2.60 and you get about 30% profit for a few months. How often can you make 30% in a few months?

ykgykg

341 posts

Posted by ykgykg > 2014-06-05 19:36 | Report Abuse

In stock market some the arts of fooling take centre stage, but not all the time.Once in the blue moon.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2014-06-05 19:54 | Report Abuse

Ramkampalsingh, it doesn't matter if Mr Koon recommended Mudajaya or not. What matters is he shared many intricate details of Mudajaya, particularly regarding the amount of coal it burns, that gives readers of i3 a good perspective of how big the power plant in India is. I have benefitted from his sharing. He's not responsible for the price movement of Mudajaya. Get real and grow up man. You bitch about other people talking politics, now you bitch about other people sharing investment related stuff? What in the world do you want?

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2014-06-05 20:03 | Report Abuse

I paid attention to Mr Koon's post on Mudajaya because I hold Agritrade International which exports 70% of its Indonesian coal to India. I am therefore very interested in the power generation scene in India and I am indebted to Mr Koon for his sharing. So just stop your whining about this and that and just grow up. Mr Koon doesn't dictate the price movement of his stocks and it is entirely your own risk to follow his recommendation. Do check out Agritrade's International price trend before you reply. It pays to whine less and know more.

Tigerbeer

390 posts

Posted by Tigerbeer > 2014-06-05 20:05 | Report Abuse

very funny when people do their sharing and then getting blamed for that, people share with you only, did he point a gun on your forehead and ask you press the buy button? Sharing is sharing, he is not responsible for the profit or loss, if you profit, would you share with Mr Koon? I bet not.

Thank you Mr Koon for your consistent and passionate sharing to the people here, despite meeting some aggressive readers. Thank you for your effort.

chang0509

167 posts

Posted by chang0509 > 2014-06-05 20:28 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, the Sarawak plantation u own and mention every time is SOP(5126), not swkplant(5135), am I correct? SOP is Sarawak oil palm

alenac

2,616 posts

Posted by alenac > 2014-06-05 21:05 | Report Abuse

Another good article by Mr Koon, where people like "buritbesar" will condemned him I am sure.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/sideviews/article/dyana-sofya-shoots-down-a-political-frog-koon-yew-yin

Posted by ramkarpalsingh > 2014-06-05 21:29 |

Post removed.Why?

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-06-05 21:35 | Report Abuse

FYI, Mr.Koon has posted the followings threads in I3 to promote Jtiasa directly or indirectly:

1. On 05 Nov 13
How to become a super investor (Jtiasa around RM2.10)
2.On 05 Jan 14
Why and how to use margin fiance to increase profit
3.On 20 Jan 14
My reasons for buying Jtiasa
4. On 25 Jan 14
Why I sold Rsawit & SOP to buy Jtiasa
5.On 31 Jan 14
The most undervalued shares I know
6.On 04 Feb 14
How to improve your trading technique
7.On 06 Feb 14
Why most of us cannot become superinvestors
8.On 09 Feb 14
I did it my way
9. On 11 Feb 14
The truth will set me free.

Mr.Koon has opened 9 threads to promote Jtiasa as the most undervalued stock ,good profit growth prospect and all kinds of beautiful stories .When his article first posted on 05 Nov 2013, the price of Jtiasa was around RM2.10. Despite so much of wonderful pictures he painted on the outlook of Jtiasa, seems that Mr.Koon is just happy enough to dispose his 50% holdings in Jtiasa at Rm2.70, which is abt 28.5% increase from RM2.10 (I dun know what is his actual cost...so I took the price when his first post appeared in I3 on 05 Nov 2013). Infact, I understand that Mr.Koon started to promote this counter way back in mid 2012, where price was around RM2.80-RM2.90.

Mr.Koon, I just don't understand all this.It's just another trick similar to Rsawit. Maybe that is the reason why I can never be a Superinvestor like u in this life.

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-05 21:37 | Report Abuse

Chang0509, Mr. Koon owns both SOP & Swkplnt.

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-06-05 21:37 | Report Abuse

While I support most of your political stance, I just couldn't agree with you with your investment method.

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-05 21:53 | Report Abuse

Jtiasa 3rd quarter earnings are way below analysts' projection, less than 50% of what was projected on paper. During a joint interview together with Professor Glen Arnold at BFM89.9 on the 14-04-2012, Mr Koon has said it very clearly that he would dispose of all the shares of a counter if its results are bad for two consecutive quarters, and move on with other counters. If the next quarterly earning for Jtiasa is again missing the projection, I bet Mr Koon may take a drastic action, he may further reduce his stakes in Jtiasa. For those who missed the interview, here is the podcast http://www.bfm.my/koon-yew-yin-glen-arnold.html

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-05 21:54 | Report Abuse

wt222, I have nothing to hide and my intention is honourable. As I said during my seminar on 1st June, I sold about 50% of my JT in the last few weeks at Rm 2.70 when there were lots of buyers. When the price was steady at Rm 2.70 for a few weeks and it did not go higher, is a sign that it could not penetrate the resistant level of Rm 2.70. It was time to sell.

It does not mean that JT is not good any more. I still have about 20 million JT shares. I will buy back JT when it goes lower.

You can still sell at Rm 2.60 and make a profit of about 25%. wt222 remember this lesson how to sell to make money. Don't not fall in love with the shares you have bought.

How often do you have an opportunity to make 25% in a few months?

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-06-05 21:57 | Report Abuse

Let yr loyal followers judge.....I m not one of them....

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-05 22:11 | Report Abuse

ramkarpalsingh, the real Karpal Singh will turn over his grave if he knows that you are using his name in vain. You are a disgrace to your community.

I have just posted one with the title 'Dyna Sofya shoots at a political frog'on this forum. You will see it soon.

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2014-06-05 22:27 | Report Abuse

THANKS FOR SHARING, UNCLE KOON.

Posted by oldgoat88 > 2014-06-05 22:42 | Report Abuse

Mr.Koon,u seem like fool all your loyal supporters. Before that keep promoting the share u bought but on the other hand u sold the share when the price up. U must know that u are a well-known blogger here and many people will see your post since u are so active to comment.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-05 22:54 | Report Abuse

oldgoat88, please read my reply to wt222 above. Why are you complaining? If you have bought Jaya Tiasa when I told every body to buy at around Rm 2-2.10, you could have sold them in the last few weeks at Rm 2.70. If you did not sell earlier, you can still sell at Rm 2.60 now and make 25% profit. How often do you have someone, like me, teaching you how to make 25% within a few months?

Why should you complain?

lloydlim

3,920 posts

Posted by lloydlim > 2014-06-05 23:13 | Report Abuse

Guys, really don't understand why wanna blame people when u judge wrongly yrself on investment strategy. To me, he is not responsible for the profit or loss I hd make. We hv to do our own analysis based on his recommendation so pls stop attacking him for nothing. Thank you Mr Koon for your kind & generous sharing, pls ignore those brainless attackers. Appreciate for your effort too, tqvm.

chang0509

167 posts

Posted by chang0509 > 2014-06-05 23:14 | Report Abuse

Oic, Thx pak lah.
Mr Koon, if I hv to choose between SOP and SrwkPlant. Which one is better for investment in term of long term growth and profit? Since I have only small capital. Tqvm

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-05 23:21 | Report Abuse

RHB Research recommends SOP and I have it for a long time but I sold some to buy Jaya Tiasa. Now I have sold some JT to buy SOP and Sarawak Plantations. I cannot say which is better for long term.

chang0509

167 posts

Posted by chang0509 > 2014-06-05 23:54 | Report Abuse

Mr koon,Do you study about parkson? Any comment on this stock? The price is quite attractive now at this level. if the china economy become better, it will benefit significantly in long run.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2014-06-06 05:43 | Report Abuse

I really don't see how Mr KOON owes anybody explanation for selling part of his JT holding. If there is any comment, it should be from those who have profited from his recent recommendations of buying JT. Most of them would have made some decent profits and realize them now if they wish, although I believe very few would have bought it at its lowest price around RM2.10 a few months ago. Buying and selling shares is each individual’s own responsibilities.

I personally have written about, in my personal opinion, many good companies in i3 although I have never recommended anyone to buy them, knowing that it is extremely difficult to gauge the short-term movement of share prices. Many of them I do not own any more now, even though they are still way below my intrinsic values computations. Some forumers here followed me, but do I have the responsibility to hold these shares until I tell them I am going to sell them? I have all kinds of reasons why I sell them, so does Mr Koon. Yes, the valid point brought out by Mr Koon is what if the share price continues to move up after I tell you to sell? Of course, I am not a heavy weight like Mr Koon and can’t compare with him, I am a nobody, but the principle is the same.

Yes, Mr Koon has been writing about JT, not only now, but even a couple of years ago when it was more than RM3.00 adjusted price. But in my opinion, he genuinely thinks that JT is worth much more than that. Whether he is right or not is highly debatable. And each investor should have the ability to evaluate himself before buying, if not, he only has himself to blame, not others.

There ain't tooth fairies in Bursa.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-06 06:04 | Report Abuse

kcchongnz, thank you for defending me. As you are famous, readers will take your words more seriously.

I would like you manage a portion of my fund. How can I meet you? Please write to me directly: koonyewyin@gmail.com.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-06 06:16 | Report Abuse

chang0509, I should have said that SOP is much better than Sarawak Plantation. It has a refinery and buys crude palm oil, CPO, from all the plantation companies in the nearby region. It also has a specially built ship to carry refined oil to China. Moreover, it is cash rich.

I believe it is undervalued.

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-06-06 06:28 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz, the fact is that Mr.Koon is rich and famous, his social status is certainly much higher than anyone of us here.Whatever he posted here surely carry more weights and deeper influence, especially to the newbies. Thus, I think Mr.Koon should be more cautious and responsible in his sharing, knowing that his followers could be very much influenced by him.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2014-06-06 07:27 | Report Abuse

wt222,

At least you realize that Mr Koon's social status is high. I respect a senior person, more so of someone who has contributed immensely to the society very much. A good heart person usually behaves the same manner in what ever he does. I believe you are also a senior person already, and I also respect you.

In investing, I think Mr Koon has his own finesse, prowess and his own philosophies which he truly believe in, although they may differ from others. He appears to be very successful in his investments, many of us, even the best funds, can't even get close to.

It must be the responsibility of each investor to evaluate himself any recommendation coming out from sincerity.

In a poker game, if you don't know who is the patsy, then you are the one. Warren buffet.

And you can't blame anyone.

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-06-06 07:54 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz,I respect you.you are neutral,humble and sincere.thanks for your kind sharings all these while.Really learnt a lot from you.Kc,you are one precious asset in i3.TQ-

chang0509

167 posts

Posted by chang0509 > 2014-06-06 10:26 | Report Abuse

Tq mr koon for ur explanation.

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-06-07 19:54 | Report Abuse

Sop Definately better as it has it's own refinery ..

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-06-07 20:00 | Report Abuse

Public bank the risk is more on its growth and also their capital ratio.. and if the old man teh die, price could drop

Posted by stockoperator > 2014-06-08 00:53 | Report Abuse

KK123, do you remember Oriental prices jump when Tan Sri Loh Boon Siew passed away?

yong811

2 posts

Posted by yong811 > 2014-06-09 14:00 | Report Abuse

前辈愿意分享是散户们的荣幸,前辈是教我们钓鱼,而不是帮你捕鱼,如果你抓不到鱼不要怪他人的方法不对,而是怪自己为什么不能学到那个技巧 !!!
这才是学习应有的态度

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2014-06-10 22:06 | Report Abuse

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kianweiaritcles/54009.jsp

Dear Mr Koon. Just wanna ask you something. In this article the author mention mudajaya is collaborating with you for energy project in Myanmar. I know this is material information but I just wish to ask is it a rumor? What is the source? I can't find anything regarding this from bursa website.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-06-10 22:30 | Report Abuse

Mudajaya and I in 70:30% JV signed a MOU with the Chief Minster of Mandalay Region more than one year ago. This announcement was properly made in accordance with Bursa Malaysia.

We are still searching for coal and without sufficient coal we cannot sign the legal contract to start work.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz