179 comment(s). Last comment by Ken Lim 2015-08-30 14:53

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 13:43 |

Post removed.Why?

skyu

2,497 posts

Posted by skyu > 2014-07-14 13:45 | Report Abuse

So, mean nowadays only those with bonus issue rumour will jump while right issue will dive. How about dialogue?

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2014-07-14 13:51 | Report Abuse

you might wanna re-read my previous comments, i do not attack you, it was somebody else, all i did was 请教 you, but so far , you're not replying to my questions, at least most of it.

Barbarian

939 posts

Posted by Barbarian > 2014-07-14 13:54 | Report Abuse

just to share a point, i recently met a friend who ask a business partner to print his pamphlet on a serviette instead of paper if its for a period promotion for eatery (just include Shop, Phone, Webpage, Facebook and the main promotion only) while the rest they can give just a business card with all the main information and point in the rest to Facebook to follow even twitter, foursquare and others are pointed to Facebook
Reason for doing that was he found most pamphlets were thrown away due to the number of overwhelming information or the pamphlets will just be sitting in the holder with no one picking up. This is a waste of space, paper, printing, time and money.. Whereas if it was a serviette they could read it , use it and then throw away. He did save money and now he focuses on Facebook to update all the promotions
The main point here is ppl throw away free information because they are not looking for that specific information at that time or they are lazy to read or they take it for granted it will always be there when they need it. So for free information here, pls pls don't forsake it ....just take it use it and know where to find them again. it cost nothing to us just our time to read because we are passionate about the subject

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 14:19 |

Post removed.Why?

angiekool

22 posts

Posted by angiekool > 2014-07-14 14:22 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon, why contradict yourself. You once said you can better manage your own money, and would never let other people to manage for you. But, now you have reversed the gear?

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 14:24 | Report Abuse

Doesn't know anything about Risk Management & Chinese stocks, Chinese stock research firms, and claims to have millions and wants people to email him/her

Classic SCAM, identity theft symptoms....

Beware.

Don't email this fool.

angiekool

22 posts

Posted by angiekool > 2014-07-14 14:34 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon, you admitted mistake is one thing. Do you realise that you have led many to Holland? Of course you did not recommend a buy, but your writing has directly or indirectly affected forummers to follow you.

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 14:36 |

Post removed.Why?

angiekool

22 posts

Posted by angiekool > 2014-07-14 14:43 | Report Abuse

Only those kena his hook will feel the pain. And this pain would take many years to heal. All hard earned money vanishes just like that. I also kena his hook.

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2014-07-14 14:47 | Report Abuse

come to think of it, a 80++ years old man know how to use computer? etc etc? it might hard to believe, but maybe he is the real kyy and he know how to use computer?

benson911

639 posts

Posted by benson911 > 2014-07-14 14:50 | Report Abuse

Uncle koon just shared his idea, u all blame him for what. Uncle Koon din point pistol ask u buy, so many stupid fellow nowadays.....

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 14:55 |

Post removed.Why?

angiekool

22 posts

Posted by angiekool > 2014-07-14 14:55 | Report Abuse

Plantation stocks - the Bear is charging?

jeffrey6

23 posts

Posted by jeffrey6 > 2014-07-14 14:59 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon thank you for all the articles you have written so far. I am merely a university student but I have learnt a lot from your articles and I am confident that the knowledge you have imparted will benefit me in the long run. Please do not be discouraged by negative comments posted by many in this forum. In fact, many of my friends are also following your blog and we are very grateful to be able to learn from you. It saddens me that such level of maturity is displayed by many here despite being matured adults with 'experience' in trading. If a group of 20+ year old students can understand the simple concept of 'trade at your own risk' and that an analysis is merely to assist an individual to obtain an understanding of a company, not an immediate buy call, I am surprised that many cannot comprehend a simple fact that one has to be responsible for one's own decision.

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 15:07 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2014-07-14 15:20 | Report Abuse

if somebody is stupid enough to follow whatever other people tell him/her to do, the person deserved to be cheated , just saying , dont blame other on your own stupidity.

jeffrey6

23 posts

Posted by jeffrey6 > 2014-07-14 15:24 | Report Abuse

@arv18

2) I refer to the article posted on i3 investor by Mr.Koon's account regarding the seminar which he personally attended with a crowd full of witnesses. I believe this is concrete evidence that this a genuine account. http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/52568.jsp

3) I agree that some articles are basic in nature to help those who are not familiar with investopedia. But how do you explain the analysis of companies namely Mudajaya and JayaTiasa? (apart from reports from IBs) What readers are interested in are the insights and perspectives of a successful investor. I believe that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and if you believe that these articles do no provide any positive input, I trust that you should not waste your time on these articles. My friends and I however, find these articles particularly helpful and insightful.(Just a personal perspective)

4) If I am retired and have a margin finance account of RM100million (I have no idea where you obtained the figure of RM500m-1b perhaps you can enlighten me?) I WILL have the time to write and post articles around the net What would I be busy doing? Working from 9-5? Haha. However, most people will not be posting articles to share their insights with the general public. This is why I am utterly grateful for the amount of time and effort Mr. Koon has spent to share his insights with us, especially after receiving such negative comments.

jeffrey6

23 posts

Posted by jeffrey6 > 2014-07-14 15:31 | Report Abuse

and yes I certainly do agree with you, please THINK!

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 15:39 |

Post removed.Why?

angiekool

22 posts

Posted by angiekool > 2014-07-14 15:56 | Report Abuse

arv18, sound like you also kena the hook? Once bitten twice shy.

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 16:03 |

Post removed.Why?

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2014-07-14 16:07 | Report Abuse

First of all, I would like to clarify that I have benefited earlier posting by Mr Koon on Coastal Contract. I have made my own analysis at that time and agreed with Mr Koon assessment that the company has the capability and is thriving in a growing industry.

Though Mudajaya decision to develop a power plant in India faced cost overrun and delayed, it is not the end of the road for the company. It is still financially strong and ready to sprint back once it is able to replenish its order books.

Mr Market will re-rate the company and I am sure those who have the patience to wait and make monies will come back and thank Mr Koon for his recommendation.

Likewise, in the world of investment, there is no such thing as 100% guarantee profit. “If you don’t make mistake then you are not human.”

You must have the conviction in your own assessment and prepare to face the downside, the question is how much you can afford and for how long.
If your risk appetite is low and can’t afford to loose, then better cut loss. If your conviction is strong, you may even accumulate more to average down your costs.

An entrepreneur will always find ways to use other people monies (OPM) and other people time (OPT) to enhance his income. KC Chong and the rest make monies using OPM and Mr Koon use OPT to enhance his wealth. It’s a Win-Win situation, why not? I don’t see anything wrong with that.

One bad apple doesn't mean the whole basket is rotten. You need to pick the right one before you eat.

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2014-07-14 16:08 | Report Abuse

First of all, I would like to clarify that I have benefited earlier posting by Mr Koon on Coastal Contract. I have made my own analysis at that time and agreed with Mr Koon assessment that the company has the capability and is thriving in a growing industry.

Though Mudajaya decision to develop a power plant in India faced cost overrun and delayed, it is not the end of the road for the company. It is still financially strong and ready to sprint back once it is able to replenish its order books.

Mr Market will re-rate the company and I am sure those who have the patience to wait and make monies will come back and thank Mr Koon for his recommendation.

Likewise, in the world of investment, there is no such thing as 100% guarantee profit. “If you don’t make mistake then you are not human.”

You must have the conviction in your own assessment and prepare to face the downside, the question is how much you can afford and for how long.
If your risk appetite is low and can’t afford to loose, then better cut loss. If your conviction is strong, you may even accumulate more to average down your costs.

An entrepreneur will always find ways to use other people monies (OPM) and other people time (OPT) to enhance his income. KC Chong and the rest make monies using OPM and Mr Koon use OPT to enhance his wealth. It’s a Win-Win situation, why not? I don’t see anything wrong with that.

One bad apple doesn't mean the whole basket is rotten. You need to pick the right one before you eat.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2014-07-14 16:08 | Report Abuse

whatever things we buy or we sell involve a risk. as long as there is a element of risk (in laymen term is a gamble ) whether shares , football, property whatever. you yourself is answerable

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 16:17 |

Post removed.Why?

joerakmo

725 posts

Posted by joerakmo > 2014-07-14 16:30 | Report Abuse

Let it go!! Lest there be more trolls here than LOTR!!

arv18 if you are down 30-40% you need to recover 50-75% to break even.If you find another stock that gives you that switch.If this is just one out of your basket of 10 and you have exercised the same care and prudence in selection then cut and move on!!

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 16:37 |

Post removed.Why?

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 17:06 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-07-14 17:20 | Report Abuse

arv18 and other abusive commentators, if you want to ask questions about Xingquan or any thing, you don't need to be so abusive. Someone even said that I was a fake and asked if any reader have seen face to face? You have forced me to blow my own trumpet.

You can know more about me if you type koonyewyin.com. on google search.

I was a founder of IJM, Gamuda and Mudajaya. I gave Dato Lin Yun Ling, Gamuda CEO, Ng Ying Loong, former Mudajaya CEO and Dato Richard Fong, Glomac Dy Chairman their first employment.

I am a Chartered Civil Engineer and I was a member of the Malaysian Board of Engineers and SIRIM for drafting the Malaysian Standards for Cement and Concrete , the highest professional achievement for any Engineer.

I was the Secretary General of the Malaysian Master Builders Association for 9 years when Tan Sri Yeoh Tiong Lay was the President.

Fobes selected me as one of the 4 philanthropists from Malaysia. Now I am a member of the Penang Institute, an advisory think tank for the Penang Chief Minister and also a member of the Penang Future Foundation.

I have interviewed hundreds of engineers, lawyers, accountants etc and I know how to judge people specially people like arv18.

My reason to engage Ooi Teik Bee, Peter Yang and KC Chong is because they have some special knowledge which I do not have. They have bought some shares which are new to me.

As far as Xingquan is concerned, there are so few buyers and whenever I try to sell a few lots, the price comes down. That is why I have decided to give most of holdings to my children and grand children so that they can wait.

I have visited the factory twice and I am very impressed with their operation. They have hostel accommodation for more than 3,000 workers and huge multi storey factory buildings. I understand they got the land from the government for a song.

Moreover, the senior partner of Foo, Kon Grant Thornton, the auditors is my cousin who is also about 80 years old. He is a chartered Accountant and I believe the audited accounts. The company has been generating lots of cash since its IPO.

I just spoke to Ooi Guan Hoe, a Malaysian Director, about giving out dividend. If they do not give dividend, investors do not believe their accounts. He said that he would bring this up in their next board meeting.

My wife often tells me not to lower myself and waste my time writing on this forum. I will take her advice. This is my last posting.

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-14 17:30 | Report Abuse

It seems that Mr.koon stuck badly in xinquan....when he tried to goreng up a bit the conman would happily give him so.....with unlimited supply-..-.when Mr.koon tried to sell,not many buyers are there......I faced this before in some conman ace counters....

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-14 17:33 | Report Abuse

Lots of investors also got burnt in transmil many years ago....even Robert Kuok also kena trapped....these conmen really know how to cook the books

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 17:35 |

Post removed.Why?

wt222

1,228 posts

Posted by wt222 > 2014-07-14 17:35 | Report Abuse

Hi,spare the old man lah.....he was stuck in xinquan badly.---if he started to sell his shares in xinquan.,it could limit down two times....

jeffrey6

23 posts

Posted by jeffrey6 > 2014-07-14 17:45 | Report Abuse

arv18, Mr.Koon is not obliged to answer your questions. You are in no position to demand an answer for your questions. If you were to ask politely and keep your comments proper rather than being abusive he would probably have answered your question. Please be courteous in your postings as it reflects extremely badly on yourself. If you do not believe this to be the real Mr.Koon, then you can refrain from commenting as it is pointless. As for others like me, we still look forward to his articles.

joerakmo

725 posts

Posted by joerakmo > 2014-07-14 18:51 | Report Abuse

"Caveat emptor' applies to advice as well.Seeking answers that you do not believe nor want to hear is a useless and non-profitable (knowledge or financial) endeavour. Its the basis that is really important.

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 18:59 |

Post removed.Why?

Pitochu

125 posts

Posted by Pitochu > 2014-07-14 19:00 | Report Abuse

Who is 13 year old with fake id?

Posted by sense maker > 2014-07-14 19:34 | Report Abuse

We benefit from each other by sharing the latest news concerning investment at large, our findings, views, past experience and future projection.

As it involves time and effort on the part of the writers, all should appreciate the contribution and pluses, and refrain from harping on perceived weaknesses or setbacks of others.

Diversity in opinion is inevitable and being argumentative or self-opinionated often times break down an otherwise very fruitful discussion. No one owes another a duty to debate till cows come home.

Take it easy. Winning on share market is all that matters. We should all filter the noise out there, and most importantly do not be the noise itself.

kl foong

421 posts

Posted by kl foong > 2014-07-14 19:40 | Report Abuse

arv 18, finally you know you are stupid.

Joeylee

807 posts

Posted by Joeylee > 2014-07-14 19:58 | Report Abuse

This quarter Xingquan remains fluctuating on RM0.70. Next quarter it will rise but however most people have little confidence on china stock. Thus it will rise slowly. RM0.70 is a VERY strong support. Do not panic. Please do not assault Mr.Koon. I like this to read his post. We are losing him. Come back. Mr.Koon please.

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-14 20:03 |

Post removed.Why?

Pika Chan

198 posts

Posted by Pika Chan > 2014-07-14 20:21 | Report Abuse

arv18, you remind me of a Chinese proverb 鲁班门前弄斧。

Pika Chan

198 posts

Posted by Pika Chan > 2014-07-14 20:23 | Report Abuse

When you are owning 10k share, or 100k share of a multi-million corporation, you can cut lost and go to other counter easily.

But imagine if you are owning 60m of share, or 5% of the total share, how you cut lost easily ? Sell down all the way ?

lkoky

539 posts

Posted by lkoky > 2014-07-14 20:30 | Report Abuse

It is really sad to see a few cowards who always taking a snipe at those who spend time and energy on sharing with the rest.

Pika Chan

198 posts

Posted by Pika Chan > 2014-07-14 20:36 | Report Abuse

lkoky, yes. I feel these guys are pathetic ...

Mr. Koon is a super investor, and has a proven track record. And some other people just like a dog, biting on the sore part of the person and not willing to let go.

Afterall, these kind of the person are the person whom always donate money to the market.

Investment is about plan. Win and lose is just an outcome. As long you win trades > lose trades , then you are the winner of investment. It is impossible to have 100% success rate in trading or investing.

Posted by kaychoon > 2014-07-14 21:03 | Report Abuse

I reads Uncle Koon's writings quietly in the background and I benefit from the wisdom that he imparts in his writings. I am sure there are many more like me. How often has it been in your lifetime that you come across a well known elderly public figure trying to share wealth, wisdom & opinion with you?

I don't get the opportunity very often; to be in company of good men, (so forgive me for being selfish here) don't ruin it for me and the rest of us.

The format of the blogs are meant for it to be interactive, it doesn't necessary mean that every question or demand gets a feedback from the author as it's up to their digression on whether to reply or not. So if anyone feels they are not getting your warranted response, go write an opinion piece in the blog. Put forward your facts and figures. Nobody is stopping you.

I hope Uncle Koon will continue writing teach and guide us.

Posted by SapuMalaysia > 2014-07-14 21:58 | Report Abuse

Arv18, if you think read books/Investorpedia/use internet can make u smarter or become successful investor or become become millionaire; please go ahead with your own mindset thinking and do your own study. Too bad the Investopedia editor just a normal guy talking salary, not the multi-millionaire richman.

For me, maybe u're just 18 yrs old only or too naive.It's ok, ppl will forgive you. Maybe your initial intention to check mr. Koon fake account might be good; but mr.Koon had undoubtedly reveal his true identity.

"Who-do-you-think-you-are?" and why must he answer your question ?? Show some due respect please. If somebody ask you a stupid question here, will you care to answer it ? Answer me.

Please,learn to appreciate ppl sharing ; i'm sure you had benefit by mr. Koon articles before.

Seriously, your rudeness, disrespectful act reflects your intelligence and personality. You're making nobody but yourself look stupid here.

And lastly,

Come on, Arv18 be a guy, you owe an APOLOGY to Mr. Koon !!!!!!!

PS:
I'm sorry for my harsh words. Respect is earned when you know how to respect people!

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2014-07-14 22:20 | Report Abuse

Luckily Mr Koon did not throw out a phrase commonly used by elder to the youngster "我食盐多过你食米”. Literally it means "I eat salt more than you eat rice", it is used to belittle someone who is younger or less experience.

I hope Mr Koon will get over with his emotion and continue to share with us his wisdom and big picture in the corporate world.

jeff 7839

50 posts

Posted by jeff 7839 > 2014-07-14 22:37 | Report Abuse

Well said SapuMalaysia!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz