Juan

7 posts

Posted by Juan > 2015-04-17 09:14 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon speaks the truth.

ccdev

311 posts

Posted by ccdev > 2015-04-17 17:11 | Report Abuse

@fortunebullz and @alphajack

why are two intelligent people like yourselves acting like "ostrich with head in sand"? i hear words like insensitive,superiority complex thrown at Mr Koon. Do both of you know what is going on beyond your little world? the spirit of muhibah does not mean we turn a blind-eye to prevailing occurrences, leakages & incompetencies in the system. If we have the guts to admit our weakness (like LKY) and try to change, we can develop so much further instead of trying to shut everyone up by saying it's too "sensitive" to talk about and continue on like biasa-lah. What Mr Koon write about is not fantasy, that's why the growth of this country is like a snail compared to our neighbours.

I give u an example - many years ago,a friend of mine went for an interview for remisier positon. now i dont know but that time they very strict with the quota. management told him that he can join but only if he can bring in a bumi remisier (to balance the quota). haha my friend have to turn into recruiter. Do u think that is in the spirit of muhibbah for a multiracial country? But what to do, my friend want to join. The best thing is remisier get commission based pay, but for the bumi he bring in, get fixed salary+commission and only need to "lend the name" so quota is OK, no need to go office. even then hard to find people to take 2 dealer rep exam and get free money. that is just one small example. Equality, spirit of muhibah? Got lah, PR campaign for our country's international image but at many levels of society/business/government, i think is dead a long time ago already.

p-s and please dont talk about poisoning the minds of the local chinese youths like you assume they are too stupid to think for themselves. All they have to do is open their eyes or experience for themselves, then they will know.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-04-18 09:14 | Report Abuse

Fully baked contractors are in our national interest.
Fully baked contractors provide quality, speedy, cost effective products and services that make customers happy.
Fully baked contractors creates employment, earn foreign exchange and enhances the country's image in the eyes of the world.
Time to switch focus to nurturing, promoting growth of MORE FULLY BAKED CONTRACTORS.

ruslimz

1,609 posts

Posted by ruslimz > 2015-04-18 09:27 | Report Abuse

remember 13 of mei tragedy ???????? Do you want this repeated ????????

ruslimz

1,609 posts

Posted by ruslimz > 2015-04-18 09:31 | Report Abuse

if you know why it occured ?????????

MrNobody

790 posts

Posted by MrNobody > 2015-04-18 09:39 | Report Abuse

ruslimz. the new gen chinese and indian Malaysian donno, and dontcare abt 13 mei.

infact, they are more combative than the last gen.

this scare tactic from mamaktir dont work anymore.

dont u see govt is trying to suppress big gathering.

dont believe u do a survey. and find out who scare? only those above 55 yrs old bcos they been brainwash.

now the major conflict of interest happening in only 1 race. they fight amongst themselves. i dont have to tell u which race la, u just need to read headlines everyday from global media.

MrNobody

790 posts

Posted by MrNobody > 2015-04-18 09:45 | Report Abuse

it used to be race based 50 yrs ago. now its power based and money based.

race was being used to stir up emotion.

tell me 50yrs ago bolehland got expat community or not? got orang putih working and staying here or not? got bangla and vietnam burma ppls or not.

if the Mei incident happen again.

tell me what happen to the 7 millions foreign ppls will do? most of them more garang and come from war/depressed country and they have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

i think they wil b the winner.

fast fwd from 50yrs ago to now.

u go see which race own the hyper mkt, petrol stnt, bank, hotels, bla bla.

who has more to loss.

different now my friend. your grandmother has to sheet in jungle and afraid of snake.
new gen never even seen a snake before. they sheet in aircon fully auto toilet and even clean their ass.

dont always use grandmother story to scare ppls la.

axin

35 posts

Posted by axin > 2015-04-18 09:55 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, perhaps you don't know about Institut Kemahiran Belia Negara; IKBN.
IKBN has been set up for more than a century already. Every state has one IKBN. The main purpose is to provide training and turn belia into skilled workers.
Times have changed and no companies especially private wants to take in apprentices anymore.
IKBN has helped many youths. Check it out. I am writing just to correct any mis perceptions, to help out. That's all. Correct me if I am wrong.

Chen Dl

2 posts

Posted by Chen Dl > 2015-04-18 16:17 | Report Abuse

Please read his article carefully. Do go off tangent. Mr Koon did not debase any race here. He only gave suggestions on how and what the government should do to produce good and capable bumi contractors base on his wide knowledge and experience in the building contractor business.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2015-04-19 09:58 | Report Abuse

This article must be six years old judging by his claim of being a 76 year old chartered civil engineer. It's just another re-cycled piece.

excel

306 posts

Posted by excel > 2015-04-19 11:35 | Report Abuse

Aiya not happy pergi dudok Africala.

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-04-19 11:52 | Report Abuse

I like S.America better..... ; )

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-04-19 11:53 | Report Abuse

Ole.....Ole.....Ole....Ole

J T

50 posts

Posted by J T > 2015-04-19 15:16 | Report Abuse

For crying out loud ... We are here in this forum to invest and money a quick dollar. Keep keep racial issue aside. Leave the racial issue to politians to lure voters. Don't forget our blood types don't tell the different race !!!

malaysian

93 posts

Posted by malaysian > 2015-04-19 15:25 | Report Abuse

J T I fully agreed with you.Mr Koon if you are so unhappy being in Malaysia. Pls leave the country.Thank you for not being so insensitive.Please stop making statements creating disharmony among Malaysians.

MrNobody

790 posts

Posted by MrNobody > 2015-04-19 15:38 | Report Abuse

I believe any citizen in any country has the birth right to voice out any unhappiness without being ask to leave. That is the farking reason why u have election. Fool.

MrNobody

790 posts

Posted by MrNobody > 2015-04-19 15:39 | Report Abuse

But Mr kyy abuse this forum of investment n turn it political. He is abusive.

ccdev

311 posts

Posted by ccdev > 2015-04-19 16:24 | Report Abuse

haha some people saying "If you don't like it, you can go back to china/india/etc". So simple minded these people. Please lah, this is standard racist/bully response when they hear something they don't like. You mean Mr Koon cannot hope for a better Malaysia? And if they were not so blind, they would see that Mr Koon raise up a SYSTEMATIC issue, more than a race issue. The SYSTEM as it is now, is totally inefficient. as for IKBN, hehehe....less said the better. Words like equality, tolerance, moderation is very good to show to the angmoh & the international community but the reality is very different.

@lohman by your logic, just because it's recycled it's written by a six year old? so, everything you say is original and never been said before in this life, is it? you see how silly you sound. If you're going to accuse someone like that back it up with some points instead. a five year old can do better than you.

@Tornado blood and sweat is for 'normal' folks. this is malaysia so some people can sit on their ass and get contract and easy money.

MrNobody

790 posts

Posted by MrNobody > 2015-04-19 16:27 | Report Abuse

i like critical thinking.

Posted by ccdev > Apr 19, 2015 04:24 PM | Report Abuse

haha some people saying "If you don't like it, you can go back to china/india/etc". So simple minded these people. Please lah, this is standard racist/bully response when they hear something they don't like. You mean Mr Koon cannot hope for a better Malaysia? And if they were not so blind, they would see that Mr Koon raise up a SYSTEMATIC issue, more than a race issue. The SYSTEM as it is now, is totally inefficient. as for IKBN, hehehe....less said the better. Words like equality, tolerance, moderation is very good to show to the angmoh & the international community but the reality is very different.

@lohman by your logic, just because it's recycled it's written by a six year old? so, everything you say is original and never been said before in this life, is it? you see how silly you sound. If you're going to accuse someone like that back it up with some points instead. a five year old can do better than you.

@Tornado blood and sweat is for 'normal' folks. this is malaysia so some people can sit on their ass and get contract and easy money.

MrNobody

790 posts

Posted by MrNobody > 2015-04-19 16:28 | Report Abuse

i donna who are more insensitive?
this country is not owned by any race. check the constitution if u r free.
the NEP is to help the weak to survive. it is not meant to give them monopolistic power in most sector and lucrative deals.

Posted by malaysian > Apr 19, 2015 03:25 PM | Report Abuse

J T I fully agreed with you.Mr Koon if you are so unhappy being in Malaysia. Pls leave the country.Thank you for not being so insensitive.Please stop making statements creating disharmony among Malaysians.

malaysian

93 posts

Posted by malaysian > 2015-04-19 16:29 | Report Abuse

ccdev,pls use the right forum to voice your frustration, u n koon pls go join mca or pakatan,or wait till election to cast your vote.this is an investor forum,not a political forum for you two.u are abusing I3investor .

OrangLama

29 posts

Posted by OrangLama > 2015-04-19 16:32 | Report Abuse

Tell me frankly mr koon how many bumiputera politicians or government servants have you given bribes? For the real bumiputera muslim taking or giving bribes is a no no! Maybe that's why they are not successful.

J T

50 posts

Posted by J T > 2015-04-19 16:40 | Report Abuse

Modified salt n pepa song
Chorus
Let's talk about shares, baby
Let's talk about shares and me
Let's talk about all the good things

Let's talk about shares
Let's talk about shares
Let's talk about shares

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-04-19 16:50 | Report Abuse

@ccdev, I have withdrawn my comment on blood and sweat. I wrote that in response to someone claim about Mr.Koon fortune, since he has withdrawn his comment , I withdrew mine too.

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-04-19 17:03 | Report Abuse

@ccdev :- You are being very polite to categorise a folk who carry a nickname " malaysian " as simple minded. I certainly hope this simple minded folk does not represent the general malaysian.

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2015-04-19 17:21 | Report Abuse

Let me throw another stone at the hornet nest..Politic ,economics and social issues are inter related in fact a good school will teach them all in their syllabus. Your investment decision should likewise tainted with them whether u like it or not. We must promote and raise the living standard and diligence of the poor give them adequate resource so that at least there can hold their dignity up and not steal for a living. The Malays Should be empowered to succeed but not like what is happening now where all contract is skimmed off in the name of Bumi but goes to the filthy rich ammo cronies.When will the poor malay be able to succeed if all this raping of resources continues?

Tornado

1,938 posts

Posted by Tornado > 2015-04-19 17:35 | Report Abuse

@lc, you said it !

ccdev

311 posts

Posted by ccdev > 2015-04-19 18:25 | Report Abuse

@Tornado noted, appreciate the feedback. and i don't think Mr Koon's article was defamatory towards any race. it just paints a sad picture of current affairs.

ccdev

311 posts

Posted by ccdev > 2015-04-19 19:26 | Report Abuse

@malaysian I am not frustrated (edited, words were in bad taste), you check that i laughed (haha) before i started my comments. So I am merely voicing my opinion, i'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. If you don't agree with me, then please leave....You see how silly i sound, like a person who cannot have a proper dialog with others then they will say "if you dont like/agree with me etc then leave!" if only more malaysians like Mr Koon have the guts & brains to recognize our own weakness instead of always 'jaga muka', we won't be so far behind our Asian neighbours and complaining about our shitty currency and economic competency.

And mr Koon is talking about things that effects the economic growth of this country, and the corporations in this country. So yes, we are also talking about the stock market in general. Lcwin put it very nicely - everything is connected. some people just want to make it separate issue.

kl foong

421 posts

Posted by kl foong > 2015-04-19 20:37 | Report Abuse

The truth is always bitter to swallow.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2015-04-20 15:07 | Report Abuse

@ccdev; By my logic, an article, recycled by an 82 year old man which mentions he was then 76 years old, must be 6 years old. Did you come out with the same numbers?

Juan

7 posts

Posted by Juan > 2015-04-22 10:15 | Report Abuse

People who are saying that this is a investor forum and not political one so kyy should'nt put his view here. Halo bro? Political will and agenda is one of the biggest market influences. You want to buy a contractor company share? Then you must understand how the business works.

All you people only know how to shout shout, got some fool bring up mei 13 some more. Please lah, don't spread your ignorance here.

Don't like then balik china/india/holland another stupid argument. I ask you if I come and dig a big hole in front of your house then tell you "if you don't like the hole then move lah" will you move house? idiots.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-22 10:28 | Report Abuse

Ya and i will bring my Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Middle eastern and also Negros to come along. And don't forget, it is time now for the Negros to take revenge on those ethnic kangkung.

Posted by irene su > 2015-05-05 11:46 | Report Abuse

Thks for sharing yr invaluable insight, Mr Koon. I enjoy reading all yr blogs.

speakup

26,098 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-05-05 12:26 | Report Abuse

Latitude +8sen. TQ Mr Koon!

Posted by Christensen > 2015-05-05 14:20 | Report Abuse

Earn enough money and who else dun wan to escape from the big bullies.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-05-05 14:29 | Report Abuse

As a minority and do not work hard the chance of survival is close to zero
Is it good to be a majority

Karenng

51 posts

Posted by Karenng > 2015-05-05 17:51 | Report Abuse

Well said Mr Koon. I always admire your logic and sensible arguments which are so very factual and real. You are doing our country a big favour by pointing out the mistakes made. Hopefully, there is a change of wind and may your dreams be fulfilled for this country to change for the better. Bravo to you, Mr Koon. Please keep up the good works you have been doing. I am for sure, am proud of you!

Posted by Christensen > 2015-05-06 06:04 | Report Abuse

Your feed and provide education to your children until they grow up and you invest a lot of time and money on then
But after the children grew up they do not appreciate your hardwork and even steal from you and kick you out from the house when you get old and poor to survive on your own.
How can they understand how bitter their parent feel after betrayed by their own children

speakup

26,098 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-12-02 11:20 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, which construction company can buy?

Posted by terminator88 > 2015-12-02 11:43 | Report Abuse

Bravo to Mr Koon for the honest article. Im sure many people will think that it is insensitive and hard to swallow the facts but if this reality is ignored, then the bumis will forever lose out. I can predict that 30 years from now, the politicians will still be shouting abt bumi protection and hand outs to help the community. Their policies are all short term and main purpose is just to satisfy the short sighted bumis to win votes. No one ever thinks abt how to develop competent, capable bumis for the future generations. End of the day, non bumis will get blamed again and again for smth which is not their fault.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2015-12-02 11:54 | Report Abuse

is a tough business doing contract works. unless you a big GLIC with a fat contract built in. otherwise any hiccups in the original plan you can be 100% assure of cost overruns.Sub contracting works (please dont ever dream of getting your payment on time ) you are the mercy of the little napoleons

DreamEmperor

3,340 posts

Posted by DreamEmperor > 2015-12-02 18:43 | Report Abuse

For those who find something wrong with every single thing in this country, why, there is nothing & nobody preventing them from removing themselves from the situation that they hate. As in, the migration solution.

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2015-12-02 18:47 | Report Abuse

KYY an old man & being in this industry for most of his life certainly knows what he is talking about

DreamEmperor

3,340 posts

Posted by DreamEmperor > 2015-12-02 19:01 | Report Abuse

Well, if he can afford himself the luxury of time to indulge himself in writing whiny-moany blogs on I3 forum, then that means he hasn't done too badly in his contracting business. Enough to just be shaking legs & rambling away without a care in cyberspace.

speakup

26,098 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-12-03 17:47 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon u haven't answer me. Which construction company can buy?

Posted by DreamPravira > 2015-12-04 01:41 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon is too scared to come out now. He is hiding away, with his tail between his legs, in an old, worn out, cracked up belacan barrel in his great grandma's old bangsal.

speakup

26,098 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-12-29 11:21 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, your mudajaya can buy now?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz