Be the first to like this.

15 comment(s). Last comment by cheeseburger 2015-06-07 01:36

calvintaneng

55,177 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-06-06 10:46 | Report Abuse

This is a good article!

I first heard of Peter Lim investing in Wilmar around the time before and after the Asian Financial Crisis of 1997/8. I also heard that he owned a block of Condo Apt in Orchard Road and he is the Sole inhabitant in the entire block with no other neighbours.

I was surprised to read in Spore papers that Peter sold off all his other shares and bought only Wilmar.

As it turned out his Stock pick hits Bull's eyes. It was right on target when Palm Oil Rose to All Time High & Rupiah rebounded.

In Iskandar Peter Lim has 2 very Prime Assets; both JV with His Royal Highness The Sultan of Johor.

Vantage Bay Medical Hub is only A stone's throw from JB CIQ Custom Complex. And Motorsport City Only 5 Minutes from 2nd Link Crossing to Spore.

His investments are very strategic with progressive upside in future years.

This investment style of buying real estates near Boom Centers have been successfully done by others

1) Spore Govt owned Temasek bought a share of CITYSQUARE In JB CBD. It is located right across the Immigration, Bus & Taxi stand. A Hub of feverish activity with heavy human footfalls every day! So CitySquare Thrived.

2) The Properties in Shenzhen nearest Hong Kong command the highest prices.

And For Wilmar's Palm Oil?

Palm Oil is used in 50% of our processed foods like biscuits, ice cream, chocolates, pizza and as a milk substitute.

Milk substitute?

Yes! Palm oil is used in every cup of your favourite teh tarik. Your 3 in one milk coffee/tea actually contain palm oil and no milk at all.

Palm oil is also converted into biodiesel oil that powers our cars, MPVs, SUVs, Buses & lorries and even ships and planes.

So in food Palm Oil powers our human bodies with energy and in biodiesel the same processed energy powers our cars. Palm oil literally makes the whole world go round!

Not only that. Palm Oil Cleans our bodies when converted to soap. The first soaps produced were made entirely of Palm and Olive Oils. Remember Palmolive?

And our cars too. Palm oil is made into detergent that wash our cars and our homes.

As the world population increases there is more demand for energy from Palm Oil - both in food and in biodiesel.

On the precious lands where palm oil are planted development will finally reach it one day. These lands eventually convert into valuable housing lands. See how IOI Converted them to properties - IOI MALL. Same for Genting Plantation. Johor Premium Outlets are located side by side with Oil Palm Trees.

And Right now in Desaru and Tanjung Belungkor KULIM is converting Oil Palm Lands into future Thriving Housing Enclaves To Capture the Boom in Pengerang's Rapid.

So there is complete logic in investing into Palm Oil Counters when it is hit during a down cycle like now.

Peter Lim bought into Wilmar at a time when Market is depressed & Rupiah weak. And the market enters into crisis mode.

The Cycle of Fortune is here again!

KULIM Has Weakened in Price and the Ringgit has Collapsed!

This is the most opportune time to load up on Kulim on weakness.

Who knows?

In 12 years' time there might be another billionaire in waiting.

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-06-06 10:54 | Report Abuse

12 years.....

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-06-06 11:02 | Report Abuse

1998: US$10 million.... that was how many % of his total wealth then???

If it only comprised like below 10% of his total wealth then it has been a calculated risk then..

So dont you go too gung ho on risk taking after reading this article...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-06 11:10 | Report Abuse

I realised that rMoi is smart too...

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-06-06 11:12 | Report Abuse

Well if you remain gung ho... people are.. leaving bonds... leaving equities... leaving commodities... cash is king

When people do cash in kong... your once in a lifetime opportunity to do a Peter Lim maybe near.. standby.. don't you go chicken out now...

Dare or not??

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-06-06 11:13 | Report Abuse

Selamat pagi Murali....

That day I saw u comment somewhere(macam Kat CP Teh) that must propose some counters in order to pass the public's assessment.

Can I pass ur test? May be I can score marginal passing marks lo..

Hey hey.. Have a wonderful weekend.

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-06-06 11:23 | Report Abuse

O... thanks murali

HaHa on the otherhand dont take what I said on being gung ho too seriously... just want people to stop and gauge their guts only

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-06 11:26 | Report Abuse

Bro Duit, sorry I dont really follow up much on your postings....My main focus is on Koon Koon, CPteh ..I am nobody here so dont hv to bother me....as long as you are happy in I3.

As for CPTeh, just my 2 cents advice to him if he wanna do well in his biz in I3...Maybe he can follow OTB's way....Show some real Kung Fu in I3, just like OTB, once he passed his test here he will be able to laugh all the ways to the banks,together with OTB....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-06 11:27 | Report Abuse

Dear RMoi, I love people who can do critical thinkings....not those who blindly believe n worship Stock God,Superinvestor, Malaysia Warrent Buffer etc...

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-06-06 11:30 | Report Abuse

Got it got it murali bang....

I dun wan run it as business. I m comfortable with the method now. All dissemination are free.

Ok.. Next week we fight fight fight

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-06 11:33 | Report Abuse

Enjoy yr weekend....Next week will be another week....the market is always there, no worries...

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-06-06 11:36 | Report Abuse

Dear murali duit.. got it got it too.. fight fight fight ; )

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-06-06 11:37 | Report Abuse

Hahahah r moi...

Fight fight fight

ks55

3,764 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-06-06 12:08 | Report Abuse

CAGR
61.41% (Land - short term frenzyl)
8.14% (Property capital appreciation)
9.75% (Plantation capital appreciation)
17.79% (Land - long term)
9.65% (Property Total Return)
10.61% (Plantation Total Return)
15%+ (Equity)
Unlimited (Business)

I choose to park some (not all, no guts) in property counters having more land bank (that must be cheap) in Nusajaya, Penang Island and KL. Why should I bother whether these companies making less for next few years, as long as they won't go burst. Land appreciation should cover inflation and preserve buying power of your ringgit.
Any dividend is bonus.......

cheeseburger

2,798 posts

Posted by cheeseburger > 2015-06-07 01:36 | Report Abuse

agreed...

Post a Comment
Market Buzz