6 people like this.

35 comment(s). Last comment by 20012015 2015-08-14 11:33

chonghai

478 posts

Posted by chonghai > 2015-08-11 08:54 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, agree with your advice except the following comment :
If you are always too busy and have no time to review your share holdings.

If an investor is too busy to take care of too many companies, he can always just shrink his portfolio to less companies of better quality. 5-10 companies is good enough.

Mr Koon, MAGNI is another interesting company.

icetwink

72 posts

Posted by icetwink > 2015-08-11 09:21 | Report Abuse

I feel nothing when the index drop 28 points yesterday. Maybe I has numb.

YiStock

1,984 posts

Posted by YiStock > 2015-08-11 10:10 | Report Abuse

Thanks Mr Koon for your advice. Happy to have you in i3 to share valuable investing experience here. May god bless you for all the good health. Regards, YiStock

RapidBeginner

1,817 posts

Posted by RapidBeginner > 2015-08-11 10:16 | Report Abuse

geeezzz..... i dun understand at 5th 6th lines...... cause i really no study on this la... how?????

choop818

689 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2015-08-11 12:22 | Report Abuse

Good advice for newbies and seasoned investors alike.

kmohan62

484 posts

Posted by kmohan62 > 2015-08-11 13:43 | Report Abuse

Keep up your good work,Mr.Koon.Only the perennial losers are the one who are abusive and inordinately criticise your opinion and advise...there are ten fold more who are quietly learning the art of investing and picking on your ideas..

chyokh

158 posts

Posted by chyokh > 2015-08-11 22:55 | Report Abuse

Just one Rule to win.
Rule No.1 - Buy when market is plunging, sell when market is rallying. Do nothing when market is sideways. Repeat a few times a year.

TengkuFaisal

1,132 posts

Posted by TengkuFaisal > 2015-08-11 23:01 | Report Abuse

Posted by MatiMansur > Aug 11, 2015 01:46 PM | Report Abuse

Mati lo

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/en/article/china-central-bank-devalues-yuan-after-poor-economic-data

China devalue the Yuan.

Malaysia furniture companies and all export companies cannot compete lo.

Mati lo

this is so misleading. china devalued by 2% 1 time event. but ringgit has drop 5% since last month

Posted by charles11111 > 2015-08-12 07:01 | Report Abuse

Very true indeed. You hit the nail on the head.
Mitrajaya is another quintessential example.
Great revenue and profit growth in the last 2-3 years.

Posted by charles11111 > 2015-08-12 07:11 | Report Abuse

Indeed grateful to Mr Koon for being so generous in sharing the salient points of his investment talk. Keep well

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-08-12 09:06 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon is a very kind person I agree and I know but I still think that he is not that kind enough. I hope he spend more time caring for more people and spend more donations for people who really need the money so that they can improve the well being of their lives.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-08-12 09:08 | Report Abuse

Latitude is a good furniture stock, this I have not doubt about it, at RM7, but the point is it is even better if the price is cheaper for you to buy and hold for long term investment.

cm

2,797 posts

Posted by cm > 2015-08-12 17:37 | Report Abuse

don't know why this article after read feel very demotivated...maybe too many negative wording in the article...like
if you cannot control your emotion and sell desperately now as if the market cannot rebound.
2. If you cannot understand the quarterly report announcement in Bursa.
3. If you cannot understand the company annual balance sheet.
4. If you cannot afford to lose some money because share investment is risky.
5. If you are always too busy and have no time to review your share holdings.
6. If you cannot understand what is P/E ratio, NTA, Cash flow, dividend yield etc.
7. If you could not appreciate all my articles I posted in i3investor.com.

so many cannot...my impression will straight to cannot...

cm

2,797 posts

Posted by cm > 2015-08-12 17:39 | Report Abuse

i guess mr Koon is writing with mixed feeling...anyone feel the same?

TheRock

193 posts

Posted by TheRock > 2015-08-12 17:41 | Report Abuse

Sky will became clear, air will became fresh after thunder storm.
Just wondering that chicken & hippo did not strike by the thunder???

Alfonso

3,116 posts

Posted by Alfonso > 2015-08-12 18:02 | Report Abuse

the rock is cooking...

Posted by growthinvestor > 2015-08-12 20:43 | Report Abuse

advice no7 is not valid.no article is holy grail for investor.do not overestimate i3 as though it can influence bursa.frequent web surfer do not translate to real investor/trader.

annmix

1,521 posts

Posted by annmix > 2015-08-12 20:54 | Report Abuse

the problem now crash is coz by a human, a enemy of this country plus the external factors !

if you cannot control your emotion and sell desperately now as if the market cannot rebound. Direct crash drop like 10 days, how to control the emotion ? we are jus human only

Posted by iiinvestsmart > 2015-08-12 21:15 | Report Abuse

I take sides with growthinvestor that there isn't any article which is a must read for anyone to make profit in stock market.

calvintaneng

53,223 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-08-12 21:56 | Report Abuse

Common now. Mr. Koon didn't force you to read. You have all the freedom in choosing to read or not to read.

Now don't go round posting Dutch Lady (Holland Grandma) caption every time you post in investlah,

Better stop highlighting this relic of an old grand mother story

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-08-13 06:42 | Report Abuse

In life, when you keep blaming others, you are like the old grandmother, who always have unfinished business today and everyday. What about your own contributions? What have you contributed yourself to make your relationship with other people working well? What is your contribution? Failure and Success is only one foot away, both are not far apart from each other, but people don't realize it at all. The failure is giving you the improvement you need to become successful, for practising purpose, but how to be successful, how? When you confront a difficult situation, use the easiest way you can to get rid of the problem. Remember what I said, failure and success is only one foot away from each other, the easiest way you can to get rid of the problem is to drop the unpleasantness in the past and move on with life. Failure is the practise you need to be able to do something using the easiest way when you really encounter a big problem, and failure and success is one foot away. No need to be like grandmother, doing the same old stuffs day and day or recycling unpleasantness for what. Drop the unpleasantness is your contribution to others, nobody is perfect, you will be able to live a more purposeful life other than you just know how to nag only. I want to see some improvement, please don't nag and nag over and over, you don't know how to live a purposeful life is it?

skyz

1,650 posts

Posted by skyz > 2015-08-13 10:27 | Report Abuse

I agree with all your advice at the bottom, except for No.7. Please leave your ego at home

skyz

1,650 posts

Posted by skyz > 2015-08-13 10:29 | Report Abuse

This article was not as nauseating unlike your other BUY calls posts. until I read the last sentence of advice no.7. Bragging and showing ego again! KYY will still be KYY

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-08-13 10:49 | Report Abuse

My advice: You should not invest in shares

1.if you cannot control your emotion and sell desperately now as if the market cannot rebound.
2.If you cannot understand the quarterly report announcement in Bursa.
3.If you cannot understand the company annual balance sheet.
4.If you cannot afford to lose some money because share investment is risky.
5.If you are always too busy and have no time to review your share holdings.
6.If you cannot understand what is P/E ratio, NTA, Cash flow, dividend yield etc.
7.If you could not appreciate all my articles I posted in i3investor.com.

Yes, Stock God. Shall i buy Xinquan, Jtiasa, Mudajaya now? It has dropped more than 50% from the date u recommended in I3?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-08-13 10:50 | Report Abuse

Or shall I just subscribe to OTB's service? Since all current winning stocks are 100% from him?

kylohng

4 posts

Posted by kylohng > 2015-08-13 11:09 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2015-08-13 11:09 | Report Abuse

Jtiasa is not Mr. Koon's problem, to be fair to him. You ask yourself whether you yourself look carefully or not. That company issues outstanding 973 million shares to the public of par value RM1. But net profit they are able to generate from the company per year is only around 57 million plus or so. Whether the company is retarded I don't know, this is not Mr. koon's fault, you see, it uses 973 million capital to do business and produce 57 million of profit for one year (June 31 2014), whose fault is this, is this Mr. Koon's fault. It only makes 5.8 cents using RM1 invested. Even selling teh talik is a better business than the Jaya Tiasa business. Even the GST is 6% already. This company is not productive, even less productive than the government, especially it has been in the business for so long, why? Something fishy right?

13/08/2015 11:05

kylohng

4 posts

Posted by kylohng > 2015-08-13 11:11 | Report Abuse

You cannot blame Koon as he never ask you to buy what he recommend. He only stress that you learn from him. Can you learn simple instruction?

Up_down

4,280 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2015-08-13 11:14 | Report Abuse

Then blame god for share price keep dropping. wakaka

joerakmo

725 posts

Posted by joerakmo > 2015-08-13 11:15 | Report Abuse

No 7 is a tongue in cheek test of your emotions lah

should avoid emotions in trading!!

Posted by GoodCompanies > 2015-08-13 12:24 | Report Abuse

Good post guru Koon, but the last point was egoistic, but it is ok for someone of your stature and wealth.
Anyway thank you for sharing with us, we appreciate it greatly and wishes you well.

kmohan62

484 posts

Posted by kmohan62 > 2015-08-13 15:35 | Report Abuse

Looks like some imbeciles got burned quite badly...hence the non-stop spitting of venom directed at Mr.Koon!!

cm

2,797 posts

Posted by cm > 2015-08-13 18:53 | Report Abuse

one important key...do u have big capital like Mr Koon? Can u have more direct information like Mr Koon? He know a lot of bosses & he got influence cos he is famous & rich? Can buy more in the crisis time? We're not same class as Mr Koon, therefore some idea might not fix to your need...therefore, we need to find what is best suit to us due to our limitation...like some ppl like fundamental well penny stock to ride the wealth...like u invest 0.08 in IFCA...& be more capital when it reach 1.8 & lock in the profit...

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2015-08-14 00:00 | Report Abuse

无可否认,官有缘最近写的东西很有参考价值。

24 posts

Posted by 20012015 > 2015-08-14 11:33 | Report Abuse

Haha.. I think I can't invest in the share you recommend as I can't observe Rule 7.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz