10 people like this.

33 comment(s). Last comment by Kelvin Loh 2015-10-24 10:31

Posted by BenBlurBlur > 2015-10-22 20:29 | Report Abuse

If KYY posts tat he made rm 15 millions on VS then u lose is it?? Thank u

thteh

106 posts

Posted by thteh > 2015-10-22 20:33 | Report Abuse

KC, stick to what you do best and ignore all the noises. You have many who appreciate your articles in i3.

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2015-10-22 20:37 | Report Abuse

kcloh = fortunebullz = icon6666

Posted by ganabilo > 2015-10-22 21:11 | Report Abuse

Very sick person this Tom fellow

Posted by Tom > Oct 22, 2015 08:37 PM | Report Abuse

kcloh = fortunebullz = icon6666

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2015-10-22 21:15 | Report Abuse

how possible, kcloh? just a reminder for everyone ma

Posted by ganabilo > Oct 22, 2015 09:11 PM | Report Abuse

Very sick person this Tom fellow

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-10-22 21:43 | Report Abuse

This tong very big and powerful
When it make noise all listen
It is not a simple empty tin

Vaganond

25 posts

Posted by Vaganond > 2015-10-22 21:45 | Report Abuse

Ganabilo. Ignore the mental sick Tom. A true empty tong, pong, pong, pong.

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-10-22 21:46 | Report Abuse

Small tong make small noise
Big tong make bigger noise
How is it like that
Big tong can disperse noise louder, far and equally

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-10-22 21:47 | Report Abuse

It is also depend on the material used
Metal tong is noisy
Plastics tong isn't
Because metal is harder and it efficiently convert into noise

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-10-22 21:49 | Report Abuse

This is a gold plated metal tong
When someone hit it
His hand break and received super noisy blow

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-10-22 21:53 | Report Abuse

It do not make pong sound
It make sharper sound like a modified car ezo pipe and it is insanely disturbing make a few minutes noise

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-22 21:57 | Report Abuse

Kc chongnz, did not see your earlier posting when u strt all these, how about doing one more in such tough market? I have yet to see any fund mgr who can return handsomely even during down time, by using methods you mentioned.
OTB successful as we pick sector, which I notice u didnot. U purely use value investing method, by identifying deep value companies.

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-22 21:58 | Report Abuse

In my exp, I doubt also one can be doing well without doing sector screening. Example, I will avoid property stocks now, even I saw lots of stocks now selling below their nta, below EV/ edita

hissyu2

868 posts

Posted by hissyu2 > 2015-10-22 22:03 | Report Abuse

paperlane2, KC always says, diversify your portfolio is the only free lunch in the world... so, i believe he won't risk all counters in his portfolio with single type of business. It might also tell that KC is a long term investor+value investor... his 2013 article had "discovered" homeriz/lii hien/pohuat/hevea/latitud much earlier than others... and if you see the market price 2013 for these counters vs now... :)

goldenluck16

1,953 posts

Posted by goldenluck16 > 2015-10-22 22:12 | Report Abuse

Sector screening is very important as it follows the market trend, the cyclical nature of the economy. Two years ago those who invested in the O&G counters made handsome returns whereas those who put their money in the furniture counters reaped handsome gains. We need to keep an eye on the current trend of demand in the various sectors. It's a safer way to track the market other than the various techniques of FA,TA etc, etc.

hissyu2

868 posts

Posted by hissyu2 > 2015-10-22 23:19 | Report Abuse

QUOTED from Motley Fool's 77 Reasons You're Awful at Managing Money that are related to stocks

Your definition of "long term" is the time between now and next bear market, whenever that is.

QUOTED from coldeye's book:
以大众银行(PBBank,1295,主板金融股)为例,大众银行在1967年4月6日上市,该年的股价最高做1。24令吉,最低0。84令吉。

假设你以每股1令吉买进1千股,投资额为1千令吉。

买进以后,不管股价起落,就坚持不卖。

40年后的今天,在收取十二次红股和认购五次附加股之后,你手头一共拥有129,722股大众银行。

以今天(1月25日)11。20令吉的股价计算,价值145万令吉,总共增值1千450倍(每1令吉变1千450令吉)。

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/coldeye/16884.jsp

I am wondering how many counters you need to switch by following the market trend every year:) While, Cold Eye's example proven that a good FA counter like PBBank, you can get 1000x folds in 40 years. 250% of return each years if i just simply the number :)

So, FA wasn't the safest way? hmm...

paperplane2

3,235 posts

Posted by paperplane2 > 2015-10-23 01:04 | Report Abuse

Not easy doing sector screening.....

Posted by globalvalueinvestor > 2015-10-23 01:27 | Report Abuse

Paper plane2, how hard it could be?

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2015-10-23 06:21 | Report Abuse

KCChong. Another good article.
Can u share how do u get ROIC, EV/EBIT and EY from your table above?
I am a newbie in stock & not very figure good. But you explain FCF and ROE above well.
Sometimes, I see some ratios like total debt/EV, or net debt/EBITDA or net debt/FFO etc. being negative. How’s possible?
Still hazy and learning.
Thank you in advance.

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-10-23 07:37 | Report Abuse

www.gurufocus.com is a good place to find those info.

Normally what i do is i google say 'focus lumber ev/ebit' you will see gurufocus results show up. they got virtually all the metrics in there. Can't say they are 100% accurate, by my experience is very reliable.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-23 09:47 | Report Abuse

Posted by king36 > Oct 23, 2015 06:21 AM | Report Abuse
KCChong. Another good article.
Can u share how do u get ROIC, EV/EBIT and EY from your table above?
I am a newbie in stock & not very figure good. But you explain FCF and ROE above well.
Sometimes, I see some ratios like total debt/EV, or net debt/EBITDA or net debt/FFO etc. being negative. How’s possible?
Still hazy and learning.
Thank you in advance.

I am puzzled why your comment was flagged. Something wrong on the quest of learning?

Learning those stuff is easy if you are prepared to spend time and effort. There are plenty of resources out there in the internet. You can refer to some links here if you want to hear my opinion:

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/50101.jsp
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/49016.jsp
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/51631.jsp

It may be better if you can get some proper guidance to shorten your learning curve.

Knowledge is powerful, and this is important too. Do not let others tell you otherwise.

thebadguy

73 posts

Posted by thebadguy > 2015-10-23 10:17 | Report Abuse

Hi KC, I appreciate and respect the articles you have put in here on i3. However you should let this one go. Your analysis of VS was not wrong, but as you say you can't predict the market, and continuing on this route is a dead end.

Would also like to point out to everyone that people who can donate 50 million ringgit style of investment is most likely very different from ikan bilis. They are most likely privy to a lot of information that is unavailable to you.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-23 11:00 | Report Abuse

Posted by thebadguy > Oct 23, 2015 10:17 AM | Report Abuse
Hi KC, I appreciate and respect the articles you have put in here on i3. However you should let this one go. Your analysis of VS was not wrong, but as you say you can't predict the market, and continuing on this route is a dead end.
Would also like to point out to everyone that people who can donate 50 million ringgit style of investment is most likely very different from ikan bilis. They are most likely privy to a lot of information that is unavailable to you.

Thank you very much. You are a good guy.

valuelurker

1,133 posts

Posted by valuelurker > 2015-10-23 16:02 | Report Abuse

There will always be people who will doubt you. Especially the more right you are. Don't spend all that time answering the critics. Save your energy for something more useful. Time is of the essence

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-23 16:20 | Report Abuse

Posted by valuelurker > Oct 23, 2015 04:02 PM | Report Abuse
There will always be people who will doubt you. Especially the more right you are. Don't spend all that time answering the critics. Save your energy for something more useful. Time is of the essence

You are absolutely right. Thanks.

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2015-10-23 16:24 | Report Abuse

To you KC:

"The Man in the Arena" - Theodore Roosevelt

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2015-10-23 16:27 | Report Abuse

No matter how others criticize you, you will always be respected as one of my gurus in investing.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-23 16:53 | Report Abuse

Ezra, that is inspiring. Thank you.

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2015-10-23 17:02 | Report Abuse

Good one there Ezra....
It made me remember all those true warriors who would have lost in a battle. Specifically - battles for a good cause.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-10-23 18:28 | Report Abuse

Posted by Probability > Oct 23, 2015 05:02 PM | Report Abuse
Good one there Ezra....
It made me remember all those true warriors who would have lost in a battle. Specifically - battles for a good cause.

Yeah, people, including me, who buy a certain stock are confident, or could be overconfident about the stock. There may be something we are not aware of which may not be good for our investing outcome.

What I was trying to do is to show some of the concerns about the stocks so that they have different perspective and can form better judgment.

Of course i could very well be wrong because as a non-shareholder, i don't know much about the stock but merely from the financial statements, like what icon said.

But how come they took at as if I was trying to talk down on their stocks, and used all kinds of flowery phrases? And even called me names?

But never mind, as properly advised by a few good guys here, I just have to move on.

Thanks Probability.

Posted by Intelligent Investor > 2015-10-23 18:43 | Report Abuse

Mr. Chong,

Yes. Let's move on.

I am looking forward for another good quality kcchongnz's article.

To me, your article is a "must read".

"In the world of investing, being correct about something isn't at all synonymous with being proved correct right away." - Howard Marks

"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you. You are right because your data and reasoning are right." - Benjamin Graham

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2015-10-23 19:04 | Report Abuse

Move on move on, budget 2016 is end just .....good investors sure OT gao gao ...

Posted by Kelvin Loh > 2015-10-24 10:31 | Report Abuse

Yeah KC, let's move on. I agree with II. Your article is must read to me too. I have favorite your site and I read even all of your comments in I3. Cheers!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz