39 comment(s). Last comment by chlai87 1 month ago

fayeTan

374 posts

Posted by fayeTan > 2016-01-12 04:33 | Report Abuse

Is the online version cheaper..?

paperplane2016

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-01-12 05:59 | Report Abuse

Good bye to my sifu hardcopy version., it is more sensible now with digital. He has at least 20yrs of data

yktay1

464 posts

Posted by yktay1 > 2016-01-12 07:56 | Report Abuse

Dr. Neoh's book was the launchpad to my start in the stock market. I remember reading my dad's copy when I was 23. Hope his online version can help give a head start to a new generation of investors.

yktay1

464 posts

Posted by yktay1 > 2016-01-12 07:57 | Report Abuse

Ironically after not reading it since then, I stumbled upon this last copy in MPH and went through the book (did not buy)...

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-01-12 08:47 | Report Abuse

Good morning everybody,

Yes FayeTan,

Dr Neoh already mentioned that it will be much cheaper online.

For the last September 2015 Edition I bought 2 copies instead of the usual one. I kept one in Singapore and another copy in Johor for easy reference.

It was my Johor Sifu (MG9231) who said, "STOCK PERFORMANCE GUIDE" is indispensable. What Bible is to Christians SPG is to serious Share Investors. Even if it costs me Rm1,000 a copy I will still buy it".

He told me during his student days in University Malaya, Petaling Jaya, in the early 1990s he would painstakingly cut out Dr. Neoh's write ups in the Week end edition of the Malay Mail newspaper then.

And he said that had he known Dr Neoh's writings much earlier and followed him more closely he would have earned many more millions.

He saw Dr Noeh buying Daibochi at 60 cents (1 million shares) Dr Neoh called for a sell when Daibochi crossed Rm2.00. After selling Daibochi doubled again to over Rm4.00!

Recently, he sold his Ajiya for Rm1.5 million profits (700& or a 7 baggars) after keeping Ajiya for 7 years. He had 400,000 Shares of Ajiya. A check with Ajiya Top 30 Share Holders revealed that Dr Neoh owned 600,000 Ajiya shares.

Another interesting Stock Dr Neoh owned is Evergreen. Dr Neoh is also in the Top 30 Shareholders. Evergreen was one of last year's Top Performer rising from 50 cents to Rm2.50 - Up 400% or a 4 baggar in one year.

Tell you what?

I first bought into Opcom when Dr Neoh recommended it in his Monthly Digest (Long discontinued).

Opcom was Rm1.00 then. After bonus issue Opcom share price suddenly crashed all the way down to 30 cents. I lost so much money in percentage then. But I bought Opcom more and more and average it down.

At the Top I had only 10,000 Opcom Shares. At the bottom I had 400,000 Opcom shares and became one of 30 Top Shareholders.

This was what I did after My Johor Sifu taught me. If you are VERY SURE of what you are buying - don't just nibble a little - "YOU MUST HAMMER IT". Translated it means "you Must Buy A Lot" - So after studying Opcom carefully I loaded up on Opcom just before Lehman Brothers' Crisis hit.

May all trade carefully in this turbulent year of 2016. May we najigate safety through all the ups and downs of the exciting journey of Stock Investments

Regards,

Calvin

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-01-12 08:55 | Report Abuse

Should read as, "May we navigate safely through all the ups and downs of the exciting journey of Stock Investments. Typo error.

Note: Actually in the realm of serious investment it is actually very dull and unexciting. To buy out of favour shares when very few people understand you is a very lonely journey.

yktay1

464 posts

Posted by yktay1 > 2016-01-12 08:58 | Report Abuse

so the purpose of this post is to promote a stock that you bought earlier

Posted by winnerzhang > 2016-01-12 09:12 | Report Abuse

Another very useful "money cannot buy" information from kind-hearted Calvin. Never selfish in sharing the good things with us. I thought Dr Neoh was going to retire but no, he wants to continue helping us, hence his digital undertaking.

A must have for all old and new investors. Money shouldn't be an object. I agree with Calvin: RM10000 is cheap but it won't cost this amount. In Dr Neoh's favourite words, "IT'S A STEAL!".

Thanks a million, Calvin for the info.

Posted by winnerzhang > 2016-01-12 09:14 | Report Abuse

Sorry, RM1000.

Posted by Adrian Tan > 2016-01-12 09:17 | Report Abuse

May i knw how can we subscribe the online version?

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-01-12 09:34 | Report Abuse

Yktay1,

Of course I do. But you will have to decide carefully among all the voices and postings in i3 Forum.

Over a short period the share market is a voting machine but over a longer period the Stock Market turns into a weighing machine.

Dr Neoh always promote one or two stocks in his monthly Digest. We never question whether he bought into the stocks before hand. He always state in his STOCK PERFORMANCE GUIDE that they might have interest or positions in the stocks which they commented.

Out of 95% of his recommendations there were a few real lemons over the many years. So none of us is infallible. If you diversify into 20 or 30 Value Stocks you should do well even if one or two go bankrupt. 2 shares Dr Neoh recommended went bankrupt - Westmont Industries & Kenmark. Both I bought but escaped early.

One more I got hit badly was Talam.

I bought Talam at Rm1.00 when Dr Neoh recommended it because it gave a nice 4 cents dividend. Both Dr Neoh and my Johor Sifu like dividend paying stocks

A cow for its milk;
Bees for their honey
And a share, by golly;
For its dividend yield

This is their mantra. For me I often deviate to shares with no dividend and no clear prospect. Only got high NTA and deep undervaluation. Even my Johor Sifu dare not follow me.

Coming back to Talam. After getting 4 cents dividend Talam Crashed 90% from Rm1.00 to only 10 cents. It was like a horrible nightmare. Talam also gone into PN17. Never in my wildest imagination a share could collapse 90% in such a short time. I had 10,000 shares of Talam (Costing Rm10,000. At 10 cents my worth is now only Rm1,000) I lost Rm9,000?

Talam sounds like

Ta - Big in Chinese
Lam - Drop

What a bad name - Talam = Big Drop!

Then I SAW KEURO OWNING TALAM Shares. And Surprise! IJM Bought Chunks of KEURO. And IJM is Owned by EPF. And EPF IS GOVT OWNED.

So KEURO Got one leg in Talam. And IJM got one leg in Keuro. And EPF got one leg in IJM. And GOVT has Interest in IJM.

So Talam won't die lah! I told my Johor Sifu and other Johor Buddies to buy Talam at 10 cents and KEuro at 27 cents (KEuro was dragged down by Talam).

With not one single soul follow me I bought even more Talam shares and also KEuro shares

As it later turned out Talam doubled 100% to over 20 cents and KEuro up 200% to cross 80 cents.

So I turned lemon into lemonade.

Please invest carefully.

Regards,

Calvin

Posted by valueinvestor > 2016-01-12 10:07 | Report Abuse

Calvin,

KEuro is no longer associated with Talam after IJM took over with MWE and Mamee MD. The entire Talam stake will be sold back to TS Chan Ah Chye. KEuro is now the vehicle used for the West Coast Expressway concession. The other valuable asset in KEuro is their 40% interest in Bandar Rimbayu, developed by IJM Land.

The West Coast Expressway (WCE) is only expected to complete its first phase and tolling to start earliest in 2018. So, there will not be much returns between now and 2018. Most of the construction packages for the WCE will be undertaken by IJM.

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-01-12 10:18 | Report Abuse

Valueinvester,

You are correct. I was referring to history. Many things have changed now. We need to know the status now in the present moment.

Going to Booming Iskandar now.

Will post later.

Posted by Lone Trader > 2016-01-12 21:26 | Report Abuse

Read Dr Neoh book in the 90s. I also worked for his brother in SS oil mill, my first job in 90s. Had been buying spg for years, didn't realize 2015 sept last editon no wonder price went up to 100rm. Dr. Neoh too conservative for this younger generation, just like NSB and late NSK.

3iii

12,784 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-01-12 22:30 | Report Abuse

Neoh Soon Keong studies stocks systematically and has guided many investors through his writings and publications. For those who are disciplined to follow his writings, they may have gain insight into his philosophy and strategy which are sound and profitable. I have subscribed to his SPG for years and have numerous copies in my collections. On one particular counter a few years ago, he mentioned briefly that for those who might be interested in a certain stock, another stock in the same sector maybe a better one to own. He recommended selling this stock to buy the other. That stock was a 10 bagger in my portfolio subsequently. Neon Soon Keong wrote a book a decade or two ago, which was out of print. I managed to photocopy from a friend, and it was a great book offering great insight into the Malaysian stock market. Among my valued collections of SPG was the copy from 1998 which captured the prices and sentiments of that period. Another valued copy was that of the 2nd board counters, also not in print. Looking forward to seeing SPG in a transformed digital format, but for some who are old fashion, the book form is going to be sorely missed.

Posted by lookingaround > 2016-01-13 07:24 | Report Abuse

Oh, it is a sad news to hear the discontinuation of SPG. Luckily i can get the hardcopy of previour 10+ years from my father which is more valuable than gold.

hissyu2

868 posts

Posted by hissyu2 > 2016-01-24 23:21 | Report Abuse

so, where can i get the book?

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-01-24 23:25 | Report Abuse

Hissyu2,

You can still get Stock Performance Guide (Sept 2015 Ed) from any Popular or MPH Bookstore. And better hurry. Once it's gone, it's gone.

In future no more hard copy for sale.

Good luck.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-24 23:32 | Report Abuse

Write book now very good profit
Earn from every book sale

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-24 23:33 | Report Abuse

I also want to write book now
Before that I need to get a PHD in economics

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-01-24 23:34 | Report Abuse

Strongly disagree !!!

Nowadays people immediately scan your book and circulate in Internet ha ha

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-24 23:35 | Report Abuse

Then I buy some share so that I can claim in the book later I has it and highly recommend it, however most of my money still come from book sales, and 10% of the profit go back to buy share

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-01-24 23:36 | Report Abuse

@@

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-24 23:37 | Report Abuse

Try print a book with your printer and the cost will be no more cheaper than owning an original copy

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-01-24 23:46 | Report Abuse

People pdf nowadays and read with iPad

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-24 23:50 | Report Abuse

It is partly true
But most of the hardcore follower will still buy the book
Reading ebook isn't very comfortable compare to reading a paper book
Only some of the very cheap stake will read on their phone
Still it is human nature to get it as cheap as possible

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-24 23:52 | Report Abuse

If the book is limited edition it also come with collector value and jack up the price for resale purpose

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-01-25 00:07 | Report Abuse

Ok very true

Thumb up

Posted by Edmund Dominos > 2016-04-24 16:57 | Report Abuse

So sad to see this news! SPG have served me well and I have bought 6 of them (or more). The people don't understand information is just a small amount of cost compared to brokerage fee.

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-04-24 17:05 | Report Abuse

Posted by Edmund Dominos > Apr 24, 2016 04:57 PM | Report Abuse

So sad to see this news! SPG have served me well and I have bought 6 of them (or more). The people don't understand information is just a small amount of cost compared to brokerage fee.

Don't worry lah

SPG will still come back in better form.

Just wait a while more

Posted by Fikri Muhammad > 2017-10-23 14:41 | Report Abuse

Excuse me. May i know when and where i can get the SPG new form?

Posted by Fikri Muhammad > 2017-10-23 18:25 | Report Abuse

Excuse me. May i know when and where i can get the SPG new form?

Posted by TonsilBasher > 2019-11-05 11:11 | Report Abuse

Anybody subscribe to online version? Any comments?

Posted by Thirai Thiraviam > 2021-10-09 11:34 | Report Abuse

The online version costs RM540 per year. Not cheap, but useful, especially if you have over RM100k invested. I have subscribed to it twice in the last four years. Its alternative is equities tracker, which is around RM2,400 per year!

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-09 22:20 | Report Abuse

Tyvm Thirai

Over the years Dr Neoh has taught many how to fish and no longer need feeding anymore

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-09 22:27 | Report Abuse

And Dr. Neoh must be the happiest Fund Manager now that Palm oil is once again in Super bull run time

He is Top holders of many many Palm oil stocks like SOP(Sarawak Oil Palm), Subur Tiasa, Jaya Tiasa, Thplant, Wtk and others

hpcp

450 posts

Posted by hpcp > 2022-02-14 00:15 | Report Abuse

The stockbase is quite useful. On average, it is only RM1.50 a day

calvintaneng

53,217 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-02-14 22:30 | Report Abuse

Excellent

chlai87

4 posts

Posted by chlai87 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Have anyone here received email from Dynaquest mentioning that they are closing STOCKBASE platform? I received the email and it is such a sad news 😭. I have used it for over six years and it is by far the best platform for fundamental analysis. So sad.

Does anyone here know any other platform like Dynquest's STOCKBASE? have been searching similar one for months but couldn't find it

Post a Comment
Market Buzz