3 people like this.

24 comment(s). Last comment by Kris Wong 2016-04-07 09:21

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-03-22 12:07 | Report Abuse

But the problem is when can the company provide a rough timetable guide to complete the whole process in order to pacify shareholders especially the minority ones !!!

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-03-23 21:41 | Report Abuse

attend egm lo

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-03-24 08:45 | Report Abuse

Attend EGM? When ? Only AGM on 6 April, why further delay on EGM ?

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-03-24 09:03 | Report Abuse

And the AGM is mainly to pay directors a 'fat' fees which I going to vote against!

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-03-25 08:36 | Report Abuse

ya, it is Agm, so important u must attend, listen first, and see how.

jayloh

1,126 posts

Posted by jayloh > 2016-03-29 15:40 | Report Abuse

it is an interesting stock (diluted NA vs market price) but not without risk.

1) the timeline in the announcement is grossly inaccurate. I am almost quite certain it won't be completed by 2Q 2016. My estimate would be circular out by end Apr, EGM end May, high court approval by july, set entitlement/payment date probably aug/sept, then you can get back the 43c

2)after that delisting. the danger of holding unlisted shares, they could change their mind of winding up then you could be stuck forever. even if they do carry out, it hinges on whether can they realise the arbitrage 17-18c per share in full probably in 2017. Notice their latest results they revalued downwards their investment property. Maybe it's not as valuable as they think. The longer it drags, the more dangerous. By then, cash has been distributed and there is no interest income. Expenses will still be incurred, directors and management probably still getting their fees.

Below 50c maybe worth a look but I would cash out if the return is reasonable, in any case before entitlement date. The danger of being stuck is all too real

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-03-30 18:06 | Report Abuse

haha, dun we forget we are the majority shareholders, we all want to get the money as quickly as posible.

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-03-31 09:47 | Report Abuse

n while waiting for the potentially long full distribution/winding process the directors need to suspend their fees and cut down unnecessary expenses as they are practically doing nothing !!!

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-04-02 08:55 | Report Abuse

if they wn to do so, they can simply find a biz, get out of pn16, continue to leech money out of the company without paying special dividend.

Kris, u must think from ur opponents' perpectives, not juz ur own perpsectives.

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-04-03 10:22 | Report Abuse

u can take facb as a bad bad example, now it cash still 30% higher than sp, bcoz they keep the cash tightly in the bank

知己知彼,百战不殆

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-04-03 10:36 | Report Abuse

Although Abric offer a bigger payout, its risk is higher than Spac.
Spac has a fixed governance and expiry date and the monies can use for single specific purpose whereas company has more option, no expiry date and more flexibility for their management.

It is bcos of these reasons, companies with huge cash and minimal business....looking for acquisition like abric, puncak, hwang...trade at a big discount compare with spac.

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-04-03 15:28 | Report Abuse

kakashit, do u think the fees to be paid to the directors as per the AGM is appropriate as per the little work done by them for the past 1 years or so ? Most important to me is the need to protect all minority shareholders interest, not only my interest! If the directors are really doing their work, the EGM required for the proposed distribution announced in January should be over by now!

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-04-04 13:12 | Report Abuse

This is so called cigarrette butt investing championed by Warrant Buffett, whereby go smoke the last drag of the throw away cigar.

Kris, seems like u're expecting more than this, u're expecting durian runtuh.

My way is try to make a good balance btw risk n reward.

But seems like u wan all the reward n dun wn any risk, how could it be?

Even an IS fighter need to bommb themself first b4 getting 47 or 46 virgin wives.

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-04-04 14:06 | Report Abuse

Kakashit, I am just a beginner, put your ilustration in plain langauge n try not to use too much technical n bombastic terms so that most can understand. BTW have u notice directors fees have gone up for FY2015 although Abric had incurred a loss for FY2015 (compared FY2014). Is it right for a company to reward its Directors even for non performance ?

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-04-04 16:09 | Report Abuse

kakashit, or is it u want to let the directors enjoy 'durian runtuh' inflated directors fees and also getting 47 or 46 virgin wives first even without doing much work for the past 1 year or so !!!

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-04-05 09:01 | Report Abuse

The Directors want to 'reward' themselves with a substantial fees rise during the coming AGM held tomorrow depite doing nothing much resulting in Abric incurring a loss in FY2015. R they 'Tak Malu' kah ? Hope the Minority Shareholders Watchdog Group to look into this matters.

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-04-05 14:26 | Report Abuse

像你这种以一概全,在鸡蛋里挑骨头的态度会错失很多购买好股的机会。

股票是没有讲完全包赢的,但是只要你有6,7成胜算,你就能够长期稳赚。

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-04-05 14:41 | Report Abuse

A Mat Salleh decided to change to Chinese, if u don't want to comment on the Directors Fees matter, just say so and don't talk 3 talk 4. I will report the directors fees matters to MSWG once the AGM is over.

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-04-05 17:19 | Report Abuse

Kris, u focus on details, i look at the bigger picture, we re totally at diff levels

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-04-06 02:33 | Report Abuse

kakashit, Ya, u should know wat level u r at when u even simply cannot say a single thing on the ridiculous increase in Directors fees for FY2015. U can continue to look at your 'bigger' picture protecting the Directors interest who r helping themselves with a 'bigger' fees but I prefer to look after the Minority shareholders interests

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-04-06 14:06 | Report Abuse

thx for reminding, Kris Wong.

I hv attend the agm this morning, juz dun say i bojio, hehe

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-04-06 16:20 | Report Abuse

kakashit, good for u as u finally met your idols, Abric's Directors

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-04-07 00:01 | Report Abuse

haha, i know what u dy, u re a perfectionist, so u must be in search of the next public bank, and in fact u do hold some public bank shares

Kris Wong

431 posts

Posted by Kris Wong > 2016-04-07 09:21 | Report Abuse

u r right I only look at companies who look after shareholders and especially minority shareholders interest n definitely not only at their own directors interest. Few if any would object with their Directors fees at Public Bank AGM as it performed year in year out. Do u ask for a 70% fees/pay rise like Abric Directors did when u don't performed ? Tak tau malu kah !

Post a Comment
Market Buzz