1 person likes this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by Jonathan Keung 2016-07-05 09:52

Junichiro

2,040 posts

Posted by Junichiro > 2016-06-30 09:23 | Report Abuse

I owned this stock in the past when analyst give it glowing TP which never came. I do not believe them n I did not keep the stock for long n sold it for a small profit. Its weakness is it depended very much on AirASIA for business. It has an EPS abt 10 cts.

Santa

14 posts

Posted by Santa > 2016-06-30 09:29 | Report Abuse

Hello junichiro! Ouch..but on the bright side you still managed to make a profit. :D

Back then, I agree..Tune is highly dependent on AA for business and growth. But now, Tune has establish much more partnerships such as Air Arabia, Cebu Air etc. When did you buy Tune?

kchim26

9 posts

Posted by kchim26 > 2016-06-30 12:10 | Report Abuse

There is good and bad about dependency on AirAsia now, it is good for them to leverage off AirAsia now and they build their size of their insurance portfolio, diversifying into other revenue streams from tying up with other airlines, outline platforms and etc. I think they are doing the right things.

Commenting about the cash equivalent, i think it is natural that is increasing due to increasing insurance liabilities (see balance sheet), while it is good to hold relative liquid investment now in volatile market, where they can take on opportunity to invest for good return when opportunities arise.

I think Tunepro is slow and steady, and relative safer in this kind of market now, further it is still cheap compare to when it first IPO... result getting better and price stay stagnant, opportunity to accumulate. It seems KWSP has been mopping up the shares also recently.

Santa

14 posts

Posted by Santa > 2016-06-30 16:06 | Report Abuse

Well said kchim26. Most importantly, I believe the pros outweigh the cons in the dependency on AirAsia. Revenues have much room to grow, and not affected by crude oil fluctuations.. :D

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2016-07-05 09:52 | Report Abuse

this is a good write up on tune but this counter has disappointed many due to its lack lustre dis[play. solid fundamentals but need something to kick start the price. maybe mergers or tie up to make it into a big brand name.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz