9 people like this.

44 comment(s). Last comment by newb1995 2016-12-01 22:10

Blacksails

762 posts

Posted by Blacksails > 2016-08-21 04:18 | Report Abuse

How about PBBank? Is it too high price to pay for this stock that many retail investors love? Is it a bad investment considering its high price compare to Maybank?

Posted by iamsoonoob > 2016-08-21 05:21 | Report Abuse

hi kc,how about chinwell?the metric valuation for chinwell is good but the company future prospect is bleak due to brexit and the pollution case in its vietnam plant?but then again metric valuation is useless when we dont know about the future pospect?

Bizfuneng

883 posts

Posted by Bizfuneng > 2016-08-21 10:14 | Report Abuse

Tq and appreciate so much to both Sifu KC and Ricky for sharing such wonderful articles in helping us from dropping into pitfalls.

Noted Sifu KC cautioned don't only look into the wonderful profit growth story and beautiful operating numbers but also considering not to overpay the share even from a good company. From the DCFA Sifu also worked out the intrinsic value of RM4.15.

Now taking into consideration of latest Gtronics share price of 2.90 on 20 Aug 2016, we now hv a MOS in the reg of 30%. Does Sifu think this is an opportunity to pick up Gtronics after recent share price dived down?

Aso from Sifu Ricky deep dived analysis the reason for Gtronics financial predicament was due to smartphone market probably has approached its saturation stage. So should we now considered there is fundamental changes in Gtronics and we should not invest in this company further until new set of positive fundamentals come up.?

On one hand we seem to hv good MOS and on the other hand we hv alarm bell calling get the hell out! How to handle contradicting inputs? Appreciate both Sifus further calrification and guidance.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-08-21 10:50 |

Post removed.Why?

epfbuy

199 posts

Posted by epfbuy > 2016-08-21 10:54 | Report Abuse

EPF and director buy in latest Bursa announcement. I believe those against Gtronics must be having 0 EPF saving.
http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/5171413
http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/5180873

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-08-21 11:24 | Report Abuse

Those with strength to Led & Automotive Tech will prevail from slowing down from Smart & Portable device components.

newbie92

418 posts

Posted by newbie92 > 2016-08-21 12:07 | Report Abuse

Kcchong sifu, may i get your opinion on Penta?

ks55

3,472 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2016-08-21 12:28 | Report Abuse

Buy good share cheap.
Don't over pay for 'future earning'.
Growth stock always associated with higher risk -- high risk high gain.
How can revenue and profit keep on growing at double digit (or more)?
Organic growth?
Acquisition?
New business ventures?
Increasing borrowings?
Cyclic in nature?
Creative accounting?
Once the factor contributing to the 'fantastic growth rate' removed, how would you expect the share price to remain high?

One good lesson learnt from the meow-meow.
See how Parkson growth in revenue and profit when it first listed.
See how Parkson dooms when all the 'growth factors' are gone.
Many sifu got severely burnt by Parkson, that include Warren Buffet of Malaysia.

ks55

3,472 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2016-08-21 13:16 |

Post removed.Why?

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-08-21 13:21 | Report Abuse

Posted by ks55 > Aug 21, 2016 01:14 PM | Report Abuse

Anybody wish to add further comment on Parkson apart from my comments below?

Last month I ordered some furniture, fittings, water heater, aircond through Lazada. The delivery was fast and efficient. I saved 20% to 40%.

The driver of the delivery truck told me that he has over 59 articles for delivery that same day just in one housing estate. This phenomenal boom is repeated everywhere in Malaysia.

Parkson is doomed!!

Only way out is to sell off all Parkson assets - distribute to shareholders and cease operation. Or else find alternative investment.

Online shopping will kill off Parkson for good.

newbie92

418 posts

Posted by newbie92 > 2016-08-21 14:23 | Report Abuse

Calvin, Tan Teng Boo suggests to buy Parkson on weakness, how you think his view?

Posted by chongkc1957 > 2016-08-21 14:43 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz what do u think of the share accumulation by Mr. Lin last week?
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/Goodstocks/102563.jsp

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-08-21 22:29 | Report Abuse

Posted by Blacksails > Aug 21, 2016 04:18 AM | Report Abuse
How about PBBank? Is it too high price to pay for this stock that many retail investors love? Is it a bad investment considering its high price compare to Maybank?

Most people look at price only and disregard value totally.

Look at things like ROE and P/B to make a judgment.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-08-21 22:31 | Report Abuse

Posted by iamsoonoob > Aug 21, 2016 05:21 AM | Report Abuse
hi kc,how about chinwell?the metric valuation for chinwell is good but the company future prospect is bleak due to brexit and the pollution case in its vietnam plant?but then again metric valuation is useless when we dont know about the future pospect?

Yes, investing is about the future, though the past may be used as a guide. The future of some companies may change drastically if there is a policy change too.

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-08-21 22:33 | Report Abuse

KC Chong sifu.

DANCO got kangtao Bo after your screening?

Terima kasih.

Come to Aus we meet up. I buy u Teh Tarik n we bla bla bla

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-08-21 22:35 | Report Abuse

Posted by Bizfuneng > Aug 21, 2016 10:14 AM | Report Abuse

Noted Sifu KC cautioned don't only look into the wonderful profit growth story and beautiful operating numbers but also considering not to overpay the share even from a good company. From the DCFA Sifu also worked out the intrinsic value of RM4.15.

Now taking into consideration of latest Gtronics share price of 2.90 on 20 Aug 2016, we now hv a MOS in the reg of 30%. Does Sifu think this is an opportunity to pick up Gtronics after recent share price dived down?

Aso from Sifu Ricky deep dived analysis the reason for Gtronics financial predicament was due to smartphone market probably has approached its saturation stage. So should we now considered there is fundamental changes in Gtronics and we should not invest in this company further until new set of positive fundamentals come up.?

On one hand we seem to hv good MOS and on the other hand we hv alarm bell calling get the hell out! How to handle contradicting inputs? Appreciate both Sifus further calrification and guidance.

The intrinsic value worked out by me at RM4.15 was based on its best operating numbers and earnings that was in 2015, and earnings growing 15% for the next 5 years, with the same operating efficiency. With the possible change in fundamentals, that IV is no longer valid, in my opinion.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-08-21 22:45 | Report Abuse

Posted by benjamin2013 > Aug 21, 2016 12:13 PM | Report Abuse
Kcchongnz: At RM1.72 now, I think Focus Lumber is a great value stock to invest for long term. But why is there no interest in this stock? Once bitten twice shy?
Couldn't agree more KC. Its a great value stock to invest for the long term. Net cash of 86 sen per share is enough to pay 15 sen dividends for the next 5 years. Plus cash yield is >10%, which is twice your requirement. A NO-BRAINER INVESTMENT INDEED!
Its a good sign that major shareholder and executive director Lin has begun to acquire shares in Focus Lumber. Thanks for your sharing.

I think Focus Lumber is good for long term.

But bear in mind that if the next quarter result comes out and if its profit drops, some short-term players will sell relentlessly without bordering anything else, and with that margin calls can happen too.

But investing should always be long-term.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-08-21 22:47 | Report Abuse

Posted by chongkc1957 > Aug 21, 2016 02:43 PM | Report Abuse
Kcchongnz what do u think of the share accumulation by Mr. Lin last week?
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/Goodstocks/102563.jsp

Major shareholder accumulating is always a good sign. But don't forget another major shareholder will sell if the next quarter result drops by just 1% in profit.

paperplane2016

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-08-22 00:24 | Report Abuse

Many more undervalue stock with good cash flow. Kesm, rgb!

moneySIFU

5,845 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-08-22 02:48 | Report Abuse

Reading Peter Lynch's Beating the Street now and love this statement:

The only way to have a higher probability of success for retail investors in the jungle out there is to have some knowledge of the business, and know the language of the business, that is the ability to read and interpret financial statements, and have a feel of the value of a business, i.e. to know how to carry out at least some simple valuations.

moneySIFU

5,845 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-08-22 03:06 | Report Abuse

Reason of reading other books is to calm down myself to see what would have been missed & overlooked.

i3 is good place to share ideas/news & know latest information about certain companies or developments.

But lately I feel i3 is making me thinking too narrowly & it made me feel nervous & scary, sometimes.

moneySIFU

5,845 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-08-22 03:07 | Report Abuse

I started to come into stock market again when Airasia was pressed to below RM0.80, with now price goes to more than RM3, any hints?

tianjin

468 posts

Posted by tianjin > 2016-08-22 08:06 | Report Abuse

Dear master Chong, you have in the past wrote an analysis on Elsoft , the latest Q2 result was just released last Friday , it was quite a significant set of result compare to correspondent period . Would appreciate your guidance , opinion and views on the company financial strength and the current share price valuation . I am your ardent follower , this is because your views are always modest with good fundamental and financial insight . Thank you for all the advice and sharing master Chong .

CUTLOST

5,178 posts

Posted by CUTLOST > 2016-08-22 15:33 | Report Abuse

TQ Shifu

reiki6

229 posts

Posted by reiki6 > 2016-08-22 19:24 | Report Abuse

Thanks for your guidance. Appreciated :)

Posted by chongkc1957 > 2016-08-22 20:39 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz I still do not think Koon Yew Yin will be sostupid to sell because the fair value is easily RM2.80++. Unless his advisors are useless or he lost his mind!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-08-22 20:52 | Report Abuse

Posted by tianjin > Aug 22, 2016 08:06 AM | Report Abuse
Dear master Chong, you have in the past wrote an analysis on Elsoft , the latest Q2 result was just released last Friday , it was quite a significant set of result compare to correspondent period . Would appreciate your guidance , opinion and views on the company financial strength and the current share price valuation . I am your ardent follower , this is because your views are always modest with good fundamental and financial insight . Thank you for all the advice and sharing master Chong .

Last quarter result was excellent. But bear in mind that the earnings of small companies are always very volatile. And take note that never overpay for too much for some growth expectation as I have discussed in the post here.

Happy investing.

danielng

10 posts

Posted by danielng > 2016-08-22 20:56 | Report Abuse

Any advice on property companies sifu? For instance IGB and IJM.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-08-22 21:05 | Report Abuse

Posted by danielng > Aug 22, 2016 08:56 PM | Report Abuse
Any advice on property companies sifu? For instance IGB and IJM.

These two companies are great companies.

Just a sweeping statement here,

IJM is probably the best construction companies. Property not very good prospect right now, unless at good locations.

IGB has a lot of hidden assets. It is a matter of unlocking and catalysts. For some, or most people, they do not like to wait.

Eventually everything boils down to price versus value.

Learn how to value a business.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-08-22 21:24 | Report Abuse

Posted by chongkc1957 > Aug 22, 2016 08:39 PM | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz I still do not think Koon Yew Yin will be sostupid to sell because the fair value is easily RM2.80++. Unless his advisors are useless or he lost his mind!

What do you mean by "fair value"? Is it cast in stone?

Have you heard of "the Golden Rule" in investing which has been repeated again and again?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-08-22 22:05 | Report Abuse

Posted by duitKWSPkita > Aug 21, 2016 10:33 PM | Report Abuse
KC Chong sifu.
DANCO got kangtao Bo after your screening?
Terima kasih.
Come to Aus we meet up. I buy u Teh Tarik n we bla bla bla

Duit my friend,

Sorry don't know DANCO, and tak ada "kangtao".

I like your last sentence. In October, Sydney?

tianjin

468 posts

Posted by tianjin > 2016-08-23 07:36 | Report Abuse

Noted with your fundamental advise , thank you master Chong .

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2016-08-23 07:58 | Report Abuse

KC Chong..

Brisbane lagi woi.. Try to arrange bla bla bla Nasi Lemak at Sydney. Risau WA kerja lembu kerja kuda di Europe lagi... Hidup susah ma.

Cheers ya. Make sure u know how to enjoy in waterfall park ya.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-08-23 10:41 | Report Abuse

For Focus Lumber: A lot of people who bought earlier are stuck on high prices. If someone pushes up the share price all those who are stuck before will sell out. Who is so sostupid to advise people to buy focus lumber when they are a lot of so stupid people in that counter who bought high before are waiting to sell out their shares. Please don't promote this stock when a lot of people who bought high are already stuck inside. Use common sense, which is quite lacking this days. As for parkson, who you don't need now you will not need it later on. See whether you need it now or not, if not if you invest in parkson now which is what you don't need to do now, your investment now will become redundant in the future. You can only analyse the past and the present condition but you can not analyst the future because the future is something that has not happened. What you don't need now please don't buy now or else you will regret later. To buy parkson, see whether you need Parkson now or not? For me, I don't need Parkson now so I don't need to worry about tomorrow of what I don't need now. Investment is common sense, hah? Don't need to pay too much money to listen to people who tell you nothing.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-08-23 11:03 | Report Abuse

For benjamin2013: Only a no-brainer will know who is a no-brainer. please check whether you are a no-brainer or not. benjamin2013 : you don't even know when Mr. Kong is going to da-pian how do you you know whether he has brain or not. You don't even know when is someone going to da-pian but you think you know that you have brain and other people is a no-brainer. Please check whether when is Mr. Kong going to da-pian then you will know whether it is you who is the no-brainer or it is Mr. Kong who is the no-brainer. Please go and check when other people is going to da-pian before you said someone or something is a no-brainer, ok!

"benjamin2013 Kcchongnz: At RM1.72 now, I think Focus Lumber is a great value stock to invest for long term. But why is there no interest in this stock? Once bitten twice shy?

Couldn't agree more KC. Its a great value stock to invest for the long term. Net cash of 86 sen per share is enough to pay 15 sen dividends for the next 5 years. Plus cash yield is >10%, which is twice your requirement. A NO-BRAINER INVESTMENT INDEED!"

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-08-23 12:32 | Report Abuse

"What do you mean by "fair value"? Is it cast in stone?

Have you heard of "the Golden Rule" in investing which has been repeated again and again? "

The golden rule is : Only if the company is a wonderful company then you try to buy at the fair price. The problem is when a company is very cheap or trading at a fair price of RM2.80 this does not make the company into a wonderful company.

Lion industry is net asset value easily RM3 but share price trading at very fair value of 35 cent. Does this means you should invest in Lion industry because it trading price is very fair and very cheap. This guy is bohong sifu or bohong sifat!

This kcchong is kindergarden standard only. Using kindergarten standard can take in students, this amazes me. Why are so many Malaysians so stupid that they have to listen to people who live in New Zeland.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-08-23 12:48 | Report Abuse

Price is not equal to value and value is not equal to price. This is the relationship of price and value. Nothing is very abstract and noting is so difficult to understand.

1,902 posts

Posted by 007 > 2016-08-23 14:16 | Report Abuse

The Art of Successful Investing in the Stock Market kcchongnz
FLB drop another 30% (I never ask you to buy but I teach you the art of successful investing in stock market) very interesting huh huh huh

Posted by younginvestor92 > 2016-08-23 14:38 | Report Abuse

BOOM....

reena

46 posts

Posted by reena > 2016-08-23 17:08 | Report Abuse

Thank you, sostupid...

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-08-28 15:45 | Report Abuse

Lets be realistic...the expected dividend of FLB is most likely be reduce to Rm 0.06 to Rm 0.08 per share mah...!!

Even so dividend is both reasonable and sustainable if share price is rm 1.53 loh...!!

Please do not expect Rm 0.15 per share dividend mah...!!

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-08-28 15:48 | Report Abuse

Simple analysis loh....!!
The market cap of FLB is about Rm 155m about Rm 80m consist of cash mah.....!!

Yes kyy sell....but don u think....bodoh to sell cheap now ??
Should buy mah.....!!

Operationally also generate good positive cashflow too loh...!!
Low interest environment....this FLB is a good buy bcos of its cash generation ability...go for a slightly longer term...good profit opportunity loh...!!

Posted by Elwin Kai Kai > 2016-11-09 14:48 | Report Abuse

Mr. Sostupid in my opinion talks is cheap, what u can show based on facts? principles works if u know how to apply... History repeat by itself just in different, way... Mr. Kc only shows us how to increase the probability of success, besides the ppl whom join and follows his teaching wanted to learn more and it wasn't stupid, if u think acquirer knowledge is stupid or expensive try ignorance

newb1995

65 posts

Posted by newb1995 > 2016-12-01 22:10 | Report Abuse

Dear sifu kc, are u still holding latitude?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz