4 people like this.

31 comment(s). Last comment by Fam Jenny 2016-09-20 12:31

Lyo82

396 posts

Posted by Lyo82 > 2016-09-18 13:09 | Report Abuse

Poor soul with lots of money... am I one of them?

Posted by invest_101 > 2016-09-18 13:11 | Report Abuse

Good reminder Calvin, two thumbs up.

Posted by myfairlady > 2016-09-18 13:20 | Report Abuse

Well said

BILLC

2,030 posts

Posted by BILLC > 2016-09-18 13:57 | Report Abuse

so calvin is much more smarter than WBUFFET and IKEA Boss,
Wahahahahaha

Posted by WaKaLuGong > 2016-09-18 14:31 | Report Abuse

Money is NOT the problem, NO Money is the problem!

Posted by Benjamin_8888 > 2016-09-18 14:45 | Report Abuse

thank you for the reminder

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-09-18 15:38 | Report Abuse

I use google street view to visit every small town
It doesn't take much efforts
Nothing is impossible

Posted by elvinlum1234 > 2016-09-18 16:06 | Report Abuse

nice article but we cant just ignore majority of bilionaire who live what they earn and above example are just few. as example just have a glance at bill gates house

Posted by shareinvestor88 > 2016-09-18 16:17 | Report Abuse

Dear Calvin a good reminder

bohmiah

102 posts

Posted by bohmiah > 2016-09-18 16:37 | Report Abuse

thanks for the sharing ...

chyokh

158 posts

Posted by chyokh > 2016-09-18 16:55 | Report Abuse

Calvin you are so clever. Even smarter than warren buffet. That rich old fool who drinks coke and drives an old junk and lives in an old hut. Thanks for daring to call a fool a fool.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-09-18 17:10 | Report Abuse

At a coffee shop I met a woman who was selling wok rice in various Japanese gravy in the evening and curry noodles in the morning and wanted to borrow some money from me.She was in debts for being a guarantor bcos the borrower ran away from the Along.I tasted her food and it was horrible and her business was very poor.
Meanwhile she has to support a schooling child and another retarded son so I took pity on her.
So I started to teach her to use the right curry ingredients in correct proportion and the correct ingredients for seasoning the chicken and the frying skills for her Japanese food.
Hope she can earn more money from her improved business and settle her debts soon.

Posted by bonescythe > 2016-09-18 17:11 | Report Abuse

Calvin Tan.
God Bless U!!

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-09-18 20:32 | Report Abuse

Hence it always wise to teach somebody in need to fish than to give him some fish bcos with the skill he can earn better and enjoy a better livihood.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-09-18 20:43 | Report Abuse

Regarding the enjoyment of fine things,I must give some credits to my late dad.When we were young my dad went to the durian farm to get some of the best durians for his family members,they were almost seedless, fruity and tasty.The normal price for ordinary durian was 20c per kati(600grams) but those species cost him RM1/- per kati.He was most generous to give the best to us as his ultimate purpose was to let us enjoy the best.I am grateful to him till today as I have tasted the best durians ever existed.

calvintaneng

53,299 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-09-18 21:13 | Report Abuse

flyingkite

just read this

Buffett reiterated that he’s "one-quarter Coca-Cola" because he drinks at least five 12-ounce servings every day. "I happen to elect to consume 700 calories a day of Coca-Cola; I'm not sure which quarter and I'm not sure we want to pursue that question," he said. "I think Coke is a marvelous product." (I can attest that this is not just a myth. I was formerly a producer on CNBC’s morning show, “Squawk Box,” when Buffett was interviewed at the network’s NJ headquarters in March 2014. His only green room requests were Oreos and Cherry Coke).

Shadows

462 posts

Posted by Shadows > 2016-09-18 21:15 | Report Abuse

Good information and sharing.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-09-18 23:18 | Report Abuse

When I travel alone,I choose the cheapest hotel to stay as I think it is waste of money to spend on accommodation while you are out most of the day for sightseeing.
But with my sister she will insist on the 5 star hotel to enjoy for the best facilities offered and I have to oblige her and pay more for it.Thinking back,I think it is quite wise of her because I too enjoy its class and comfort and that doesn't make me poorer.Now I can understand why my well off relative always chooses at least a 5 star tour and hotel whenever he and his family travel overseas for holidays,simply for the taste of luxuries and comfort.
Actually if you have the means and saving by all means make money your slave instead of you being the servant.

Posted by Unicorn_park > 2016-09-19 00:59 | Report Abuse

Donate to charity

alvinchiam

1,555 posts

Posted by alvinchiam > 2016-09-19 07:32 | Report Abuse

nobody.. is poor or rich... God.. is very fair... soon or later ... we have nothing.. dont care who ur or what u have... ha ha... everybody.. can have only 24hr per day..

alvinchiam

1,555 posts

Posted by alvinchiam > 2016-09-19 07:35 | Report Abuse

when finish.. we have to go... ha ha.. Dear... u know..??? dont play play. ahh..? we can early... or later.. no problem... standby....????

alvinchiam

1,555 posts

Posted by alvinchiam > 2016-09-19 07:37 | Report Abuse

Give u the world.. also no use.. enjoy ur self... laa.. play play.. abit laa... no problemm laa... Dear... ??? ha ha...

alvinchiam

1,555 posts

Posted by alvinchiam > 2016-09-19 07:47 | Report Abuse

Everyone .. hv to..survive, old , sick, die... our body.. dont belong to us.. u tell..me what.. u hv.. God can laugh at us.. he say..we stupid.. apa u mahu..??? ha ha..

alvinchiam

1,555 posts

Posted by alvinchiam > 2016-09-19 07:50 | Report Abuse

King Boss of Genting... also finished.. nothing... no use.. Dear .. can we hv Teh tarik..together ahh.?? play play abit..laa.. u know...? ha ha...

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-09-19 08:04 | Report Abuse

Excellent piece of work Calvin.

I particularly like this

"Jesus says, "What shall it profit a man if he gain the world world and lose his own soul?"

ckkhen

193 posts

Posted by ckkhen > 2016-09-19 09:51 | Report Abuse

Excellent article. Excellent Food for Thought.

One wealty US businessman in the early 20th century advised his young salesman nephew to always travel and stay 1st class because he would get to meet the richest and most successful people whom he could learn and earn much in his starting career. Sure enough this salesman became very successful in his business and he advised those who can afford to buy the best and most expensive items e.g shoes, watches or suits or whatever. Say you can afford $100,000 for a watch and the nearest price you can get is $98,000. Buy it, don't settle for another lesser price of RM90,000. The reason? If one can afford to buy the best, why settle for anything less? After all, you can AFFORD it. Don't be stingy. Further, the best item will last and last (Think Rolex, Louis Vuitton, Mercedes, etc). Don't be penny wise, pound foolish.

Yes, don't be a slave to money and suffer. Be a master of money and live life to the fullest in our own individual way as long as we CAN AFFORD it after taking all things into consideration.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-09-19 20:13 | Report Abuse

We never think life is going to end anytime and have loose conduct to enjoy life.We strongly believe in our Almighty God to give us everlasting life by adhering to his principles.
What we are trying to emphasize is to spend the money to get some luxury if we can afford and not thrifting on it without using it and pass on to other people to spend on our hard-earned money.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-09-20 12:28 | Report Abuse

God will not laugh at those who ecrexercise absolute control their bodies for moral standard but those who deny His existence despite seeing all the creation in the universe.They will keep on telling themselves there is no God and continue to practise all the lustful habits to their satisfaction and telling themselves there is no tomorrow when they suddenly die,to these people the scriptures say they are foolish and silly.So which one do you choose you have to ask yourself sincerely?To me I will want to choose God who loves His loyal ones and blesses them with everlasting life.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-09-20 12:29 | Report Abuse

Correction:...exercise absolute...

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-09-20 12:31 | Report Abuse

Correction:.......exercise absolute control over their bodies.....

Post a Comment
Market Buzz