soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2016-10-17 19:46 | Report Abuse

Love the sarcasm haha

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-10-17 20:16 | Report Abuse

Bonus issues and right issues is a good way to raise fund for many company
There is many company in klse that is impossible to survive without it.
I think it create value for market outside of Dow Jones, and it work best for underdeveloped country to stimulate the economy. Imagine how can we afford to invest in the market if all the company is so expensive that it worth usd 200k to buy one share, only the rich can own the market.

newbie92

418 posts

Posted by newbie92 > 2016-10-17 21:54 | Report Abuse

Si Fu KC, are u still holding Elsoft?
How do you view this company bonus issue?

moneySIFU

5,846 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-10-17 22:25 | Report Abuse

Fiamma is another typical case 2 model

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2016-10-17 22:45 | Report Abuse

How about KC own stocks? Never give any bonus, free warrants?

UniC

482 posts

Posted by UniC > 2016-10-17 22:50 | Report Abuse

I must enrol KC course. sounds like the best Sifu in i3.

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2016-10-17 22:50 | Report Abuse

duit, nice to see you here. Do you agree with KC comment on Vivo?

静思# 是修养也是修行 Laugh die me after deep thinking
"I have a lot of Holland stocks? Sorry, I have never invested in the Amsterdam Stock Exchange before. I do have one Dutch student investing there."
17/10/2016 20:02

moneySIFU

5,846 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-10-17 23:05 | Report Abuse

Bought Fiamma @ RM1.70 with intention for long term, suddenly the cake fell from sky into my plate just few weeks later, price surged limit up the next day of announcement, sold off & the price continued to climb until RM2.50 before ex-date.

Since then, the price fell non-stop until now back to RM1.77 before exercise.

imoogi99

1,640 posts

Posted by imoogi99 > 2016-10-18 00:06 | Report Abuse

Guess the champion of bonus/split counter will be KNM....ha ha ha.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-18 03:55 | Report Abuse

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > Oct 17, 2016 08:16 PM | Report Abuse
Bonus issues and right issues is a good way to raise fund for many company
There is many company in klse that is impossible to survive without it.
I think it create value for market outside of Dow Jones, and it work best for underdeveloped country to stimulate the economy. Imagine how can we afford to invest in the market if all the company is so expensive that it worth usd 200k to buy one share, only the rich can own the market.

Bonus issues and share split have nothing to do with raising funds for the company. Warrants yes if converted.

Anybody converts the all the free warrants given by EAH, Vivocom, KNM, Asiamedia etc. What about the free warrant given out by XingQGuan?

Is it difficult for the public to invest in a company when the maximum cost is only about a few thousand by investing in 100 shares of the most high price stock in Bursa, when most of the time you can buy 100 shares for less than RM100?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-10-18 13:15 | Report Abuse

Posted by kcchongnz > Oct 18, 2016 03:55 AM | Report Abuse

1. Panamy 36 a piece, assume I will invest 10k into it, it will turn into 277 unit which has odd lot, but the klse seem to be not friendly toward odd lot. And exercise it required effort.
2. I had no idea EAH, Vivocom, KNM, Asiamedia, many company did benefit from the bonus issues, there is always good and bad company despite the bonus issues, good company with bonus issues anyone will be happy to exercise it since they could get a bargain by subscribing to the freebies.
3. Assume many stock is highly priced, it will also lead to liquidity issues, since you cannot invest 10k panamy, you will need to invest 200 unit or 7.2k or you will need to go for 300 unit 10.8k, you are short of 800, what you can do is take the loan to buy the extra unit, is it encouraging margin loan since everyone is unlikely to afford it, high price company will happy to accept your borrowed money to invest into their business.
4. For the liquidity issues, it come another big issues, banker is always unhappy about it when you invest into low liquidity share with loan money, they will always prompt you to sell it, when they feel the need.
5. None of them will be the problem if you are rich, of course who is going to afford 200k a piece of share?
6. Bonus issues may not bring any fundamental change into the company, it can bring change to the liquidity issues which is a big deal.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz