7 people like this.

10 comment(s). Last comment by pussycats 2016-11-05 12:09

moneySIFU

5,846 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-11-05 00:32 | Report Abuse

I called it dishonesty. Dishonesty means Cheating.

"I just read an article which teaches companies to avoid filing bumpy financial results through several methods - in which case, one of the method is to increase the company's provisions. This is hugely wrong."

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2016-11-05 07:32 | Report Abuse

Prominent investor asked Gadang to adjust depreciation to smooth out the profit. Depreciation model is usually a linear model over a set number of years. To add a bump and a trough in a straight line is indeed cheating. Linear means linear. Again prominent investor shows he care not about corporate governance, he cares only himself and his profits.

CharlesT

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-05 07:34 | Report Abuse

Koon Koon is back to I3 talking shares now....broke his promise again....why I am not surprised?????????

CharlesT

14,587 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-05 07:36 | Report Abuse

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/105906.jsp

Barely one month.....lol

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2016-11-05 10:46 | Report Abuse

Ayamtua, gua tengok lu punya call dua tahun dulu, semua tak baik punya, bikin gua rugi RM saja. Gua skarang tak caya lagi sama lu lagi . Sayonara Ayam tua. Bye bye . Gua learn from your bad call. No hard feelings ok... Ayamtua can be Ayam champion, who knows. kikiki

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2016-11-05 11:00 | Report Abuse

Posted by soojinhou > Nov 5, 2016 07:32 AM | Report Abuse

Prominent investor asked Gadang to adjust depreciation to smooth out the profit. Depreciation model is usually a linear model over a set number of years. To add a bump and a trough in a straight line is indeed cheating. Linear means linear. Again prominent investor shows he care not about corporate governance, he cares only himself and his profits.
--.....------.----
pussycat answers : I hate when someone tell management to manipulate company accounts so that he himself & all share holders benefit. But actually this prominent investor benefits more because he has bigger numbers of shares (million of shares) compare to small bilis who only benefit little bits only. If company manipulate accounts, who benefit more, big shareholders or small bilis?

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2016-11-05 11:12 | Report Abuse

Remember, the first rule if you want to do business with someone is to make sure whether that person you are doing business with is honest or not honest.
Don't ever do business or make joint venture with someone who is not honest, bCos you will regret it in the end. Likewise, a person who ask company to manipulates company accounts is not honest. This is the most important advice given by my business sifu, that is never, never, never do business with dishonest people.

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2016-11-05 11:50 | Report Abuse

To provide soft landing to anyone's earnings on a quarterly or annual basis is CHEATING. No company can or should do that.

I just read an article which teaches companies to avoid filing bumpy financial results through several methods - in which case, one of the method is to increase the company's provisions. This is hugely wrong.

In fact, what companies should do is to provide more guidance or reasonings on their results. As an example, if the company has huge exposure to earnings or borrowings from foreign currencies, they should explain - not leave it to individual investors to decipher. Malaysian companies do not do well here. They in fact are not that honest sometimes.

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2016-11-05 12:09 | Report Abuse

Posted by Ezra_Investor > Nov 4, 2016 12:22 PM | Report Abuse

Not to add salt to the injury, but no matter how good a stock is, if you feel like the management is not honest and trustworthy, then you can pretty much discount it.

As my teacher Warren Buffett would say: "Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. ... If you hire somebody without [integrity], you really want them to be dumb and lazy."

Buying a company's share is like doing business as a partnership, if your partner in business cannot be trusted, then it's only matter of time before he will stab you one day in your business.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz