7 people like this.

122 comment(s). Last comment by poorkid 2017-05-05 03:46

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-04-30 23:45 | Report Abuse

They choose customers ?
Hiw manmy come across this, anyway SCGM has certain moat in the industry.
Recent Titan to be listed in Bursa shall benefit the polymer user giving currently STABLE price to cost.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-04-30 23:52 | Report Abuse

Luxchem/Superln/Scgm/karyon/spritzer (polymer user)

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 00:03 | Report Abuse

They choose customers, not customers choose them. That is what they tell analysts and it is mainly true.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 00:06 | Report Abuse

value investors armed with their 20 ratios and 10 formulas , do they know what they are doing or not?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-05-01 00:15 | Report Abuse

Why bother ? As long your Dynamic view can bring good monies.
SCGM worthy to buy.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-05-01 00:19 | Report Abuse

What I learned from OTB's selection criteria is , u can always find a small cap before they turn to be a strongest in its field.

While for Dynamically , its more like searching for the Elite Members.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-05-01 00:20 | Report Abuse

Dynamic investing 易懂难精

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-05-01 00:22 | Report Abuse

Sometimes, its like 八卦阵, can lost inside without proper guidance.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-05-01 01:03 | Report Abuse

Aeocr
Myeg
Dsonic
Gdex
Ghl
Can this counters come to you while practising Dynamic investing ?

poorkid

225 posts

Posted by poorkid > 2017-05-01 01:16 | Report Abuse

Venfx sifu why Eg not paying dividend is not a problem but a problem in China stocks?

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-05-01 01:20 | Report Abuse

U got to seek Sc why they let the Red Chip coming in lor...
把关不 strict , and less convincing account set ...
So, problem is not on the Div. Only ...got it ?

newbie5354

544 posts

Posted by newbie5354 > 2017-05-01 01:22 | Report Abuse

Very unfair only people dig China stocks not paying dividend when many local stocks don't as well.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2017-05-01 01:28 | Report Abuse

这是人性
想要突破
红筹得
走出去
告诉人啊

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 02:13 | Report Abuse

Aeocr
Myeg
Dsonic
Gdex
Ghl

This year, I have made money in AeonCr, MYEG. Gdex and GHL....still have AeonCr.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 03:35 | Report Abuse

Trading....this is the first time I write about trading. I don't like to write about trading because it is very personal, happens very fast and I don't discuss with anybody....

I prefer to write about dynamic investing because the ideas are more transferable.

Trading is too personalized to be transferable.

In the trading portfolio, the normal profits 10% to 20% per counter...so far this year, my losses are 2 to 3% per counter because I wanted the money to buy some thing else. I try to cut loss and let profits run to 10 to 20% before I sell. As much as possible, I will also like to average up...and average down not so much .

some times, like Southern Steel, it jumps up the day after I sold at cost., because I wanted to buy AAX. In steel , I still have Ann Joo , CSC which are in the money so I sold Southern Steel which is at cost. mainly because it is also my intention to reduce exposures to steel counters because steel raw materials prices are on the way up. The 3 steel counters were purchased the day they extended the duty.

The last few months, It has been very easy making trading profits. It is not going to be like this all the time. As long as no cut loss, as long as got shares, every dog has its day in the last few months...as long as got shares...and every sale transaction is a mistake , pretty much sums up the last few months.

The trick to making money the last few months then becomes....just find the inspiration and guts to buy shares..any share with a theme play...no kidding.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2017-05-01 06:02 | Report Abuse

Stockmanny, u talk too much.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 07:20 | Report Abuse

go back to your balance ratios and formulas.

soojinhou > May 1, 2017 06:02 AM | Report Abuse

Stockmanny, u talk too much.

Posted by BornToSpeculate > 2017-05-01 10:08 | Report Abuse

Are we serious. We are comparing the views of uncle KC ( frankly never heard of him in the business world or investment world ) and uncle KYY, someone that no one will deny that understands business and has an impressive track record in the corporate world and also investment.

From what I know about their respective contribution to our forum / investor society

uncle Kyy shares his views and donates millions to charity ? But we criticize him. I wonder how much charity the rest of us do..
Uncle KC apparently preaches investments strategy and charges society for it.

If u claim u are a better investor, earn more and donate more than kyy, u will get our respect

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-05-01 10:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by BornToSpeculate > May 1, 2017 10:08 AM | Report Abuse

Are we serious. We are comparing the views of uncle KC ( frankly never heard of him in the business world or investment world ) and uncle KYY, someone that no one will deny that understands business and has an impressive track record in the corporate world and also investment.
KYY IS AN OUTDATED DINOSAUR BUSINESSMAN...HE RETIRED MORE THAN 20 YEARS AGO...!! IF KYY SO GOOD...WITH GREAT BUSINESS APTITUDE, HOW COME HE LOSE MONEY EVEN IN HIS FORMER OWNED COMPANY LIKE MUDAJAYA ??

From what I know about their respective contribution to our forum / investor society. THIS KYY...IS A CONMAN...IF JUST SEEK SO PUBLICITY WITH LOADS N LOADS CONDITION..HIS DONATION TO TAR UNIVERSITY DID NOT HAPPEN BCOS HE PURPOSELY IMPOSE ALOT OF CONDITIONS UNTIL IT FAILED LOH.

uncle Kyy shares his views and donates millions to charity ? But we criticize him. I wonder how much charity the rest of us do..
Uncle KC apparently preaches investments strategy and charges society for it.YES..UNCLE KYY DONATE MONIES TO SOCIETY....BUT HE DO ILL GOTTEN GAIN BY CONNING STOCK INVESTORS WITH HIS MANIPULATION...WHAT IS DIFFERENT OF HIM WITH DRUG PUSHERS, AND ILLEGAL 4D OPERATORS WHO ALSO DONATE MILLIONS TO SOCIETY ALSO LOH...!!

KC IS A PROFESSIONAL MAKE AN HONEST LIVING...NOT WRONG MAH..!!

If u claim u are a better investor, earn more and donate more than kyy, u will get our respect. AS RAIDER SAY U CON ALOT LIKE KYY...THEN HE DONATE SOME TO SOCIETY OK MAH....!!
KC TEACHES U THE ART OF MAKING MONIES THE RIGHT WAY FOR A FEES...!!
IF U GO TO UNIVERSITY U NEED TO PAY ALOT OF FEES TOO MAH AND ALOT OF PARENTS ARE STRUGLLING WITH THAT MAH...!!

KC ONLY CHARGES AFFORDABLE SMALL FEES....COMPARE WITH KYY CON UR MONIES WITH NO FEES...U TELL ME WHO IS BETTER LEH ??

Ooi Teik Bee

11,046 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2017-05-01 11:16 | Report Abuse

HIS DONATION TO TAR UNIVERSITY DID NOT HAPPEN BCOS HE PURPOSELY IMPOSE ALOT OF CONDITIONS UNTIL IT FAILED LOH.

Ans : Please be fair in making this statement, the aforesaid statement is not true. MCA refused to accept the terms and conditions imposed by Mr Koon.
The same money (RM 70 million now but not 30 million) is donated to Penang government to build hotel for University students on same terms and conditions.
The objective of this donation is still the same, no change on terms and conditions. Penang government accepted it.

Mr Koon is sincere and wanted to donate this money for charity. I am very fortunate to get involve a bit in this donation. Mr Koon told me before he made this announcement.

Please be fair and not bad mouth his good intention on this donation. I do not wish to side Mr Koon on this matter. I talk with facts and figures and I just tell the true story.

Thank you.
Ooi

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-05-01 11:25 | Report Abuse

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > May 1, 2017 10:58 AM | Report Abuse

HIS DONATION TO TAR UNIVERSITY DID NOT HAPPEN BCOS HE PURPOSELY IMPOSE ALOT OF CONDITIONS UNTIL IT FAILED LOH.

Ans : Please be fair in making this statement, the aforesaid statement is not true. MCA refused to accept the terms and conditions imposed by Mr Koon. RAIDER VERY FAIR ONE....MCA REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE TERM & CONDITION IMPOSE BY MR KOON LOH...!!

The same money (RM 70 million now but not 30 million) is donated to Penang government to build hotel for University students on same terms and conditions.AS RAIDER READ THE INFO...ON PENANG...KOON DONATE & BUILD HOSTEL..PENANG GOVT PROVIDE LAND....BUT THE FEES & RENTAL CHARGE ON STUDENT RENTAL...COLLECTED BY KOON TRUST...NOT PENANG GOVT...SO EASY BUSINESS PREPOSITION...U GIVE THE LAND...I BUILD THE HOSTEL...I COLLECT THE FEES...LIKE THAT GENUINE DONATION MEH ?? IT IS A BUSINESS DEAL, WHERE KOON GOT NO LAND COST MAH..!

The objective of this donation is still the same, no change on terms and conditions. Penang government accepted it.THIS KOON IS TAKING ADVANTAGE LOH...UNLIKE ROBERT KUOK DONATE WITH SINCERE HEART...KOON NO LOH....!!

Mr Koon is sincere and wanted to donate this money for charity. I am very fortunate to get involve a bit in this donation. Mr Koon told me before he made this announcement.AS RAIDER MENTION IT IS JUST A BUSINESS DEAL...TAKING ADVANTAGE OF LAND...PROVIDED BY PENANG GOVT LOH!!

Please be fair and not bad mouth his good intention on this donation. I do not wish to side Mr Koon on this matter. RAIDER IS FAIR...NO BAD MOUTH...KYY ALWAYS GOT ULTERIOR MOTIVE...U NEED TO JUST UNCOVER LOH.!!
ALWAYS DON LOOK AT SURFACE LOH...!!

Ooi Teik Bee

11,046 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2017-05-01 11:33 | Report Abuse

You are wrong, Mr Koon has to pay RM 20 million for the land. Hence the donation is increased to RM 70 million.

Let time tells whether his intention is good or not. Penang government is very transparent on this transaction.

Thank you.
Ooi

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-05-01 11:38 | Report Abuse

ou are wrong, Mr Koon has to pay RM 20 million for the land. Hence the donation is increased to RM 70 million.OK EVEN KOON PAY FOR LAND...THE STUDENT HOSTEL FEES IS COLLECTED BY KOON'S TRUST MAH...!!
IT IS STILL A BUSINESS PREPOSITION AND EXTEND KOON LEGACY MAH...!!

Let time tells whether his intention is good or not. Penang government is very transparent on this transaction. NO NEED TO WAIT LAH...THE INFO GIVEN....IS KOON JUST VENTURE INTO HOSTEL BUSINESS MAH...!!
IT IS NOTHING CHARITABLE ABOUT THAT LOH....!!

Thank you.
Ooi

Surewin123

12,581 posts

Posted by Surewin123 > 2017-05-01 11:44 | Report Abuse

Sometimes it hurts to see sifus fighting with each other. As newbie needing guiding hands in this shark bursa world, I'm a little confused. I just broke even in my first trading month thanks to one sifu at i3.

Candlestick, breakouts, support, entry, resistance, position size, risk management, money management, fundamentals, technicals, trading rules....

Don't fight la, if i win money i belanja all sifus eat ice cream ok?

p/s: McD icecream RM1 version.

Posted by BornToSpeculate > 2017-05-01 12:23 | Report Abuse

myongcc5 instead of criticizing me, put forward your argument instead of saying something a 5 year could have replied

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2017-05-01 12:51 | Report Abuse

it is ok to fight,fight means they still have the 'fire'..this is wat is needed to win in bursa....hahaha.

not bad lar stockman,20% per ctr...next time try get one with 100% or even 200 %...like gdex-cd.....wakaka

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 12:59 | Report Abuse

you got it exactly right.
the market do not reward smooth talking. The market rewards those who have an opinion, take risk and later proven right. And if want the market to make a difference, have to sailang like KYY.

every tycoon, everyone who ever succeeded have faced 10 naysayers, the doubters, the pessisimists.
the right attitude is called skeptical optimism.....and being steady., not nervous. high self esteemed, no need to be shy about it.
what can be taught becomes popular memes....it is what cannot be taught, what is inside and deep love for reading and learning that makes the difference.

BornToSpeculate > May 1, 2017 10:08 AM | Report Abuse

Are we serious

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2017-05-01 13:49 | Report Abuse

Wow, stocknanny, still talking. You sure like to talk.

CUTLOSS

250 posts

Posted by CUTLOSS > 2017-05-01 14:05 | Report Abuse

201) kcchongnz +12.9% 112883.59 http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/pfs/71070.jsp
23% FIBON 0.695 0.555 37000|21% MAGNI 4.930+0.06 4.190 4800|20% FAVCO 2.690 2.380 8400|20% FLBHD 1.620 1.600 13700|16% LATITUD 5.250 4.900 3500 (112832.00:51.59|239.41)
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/ibot/121840.jsp

A hero to remember?

CUTLOSS

250 posts

Posted by CUTLOSS > 2017-05-01 14:06 | Report Abuse

FL Bhd why up 2 sen only?

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2017-05-01 15:49 | Report Abuse

But within 25 years, those nine men ruled nothing.

→Charles Schwab, the president of Bethlehem Steel, died bankrupt.
→Samuel Insull, a utility tycoon, died penniless after his empire collapsed under phony accounting.
→Howard Hopson, the president of a gas company, had a mental breakdown and lived in an insane asylum after being convicted of securities fraud.
→Richard Whitney, president of the New York Stock Exchange, was in prison for embezzlement.
→Leon Fraser, a banker and lawyer, committed suicide.
→Arthur Cutten, a commodities investor, died of a heart attacked.
→Ivar Kruger, who once dominated the match industry, killed himself after going broke.
→Albert Fall, President Harding's Secretary of the Interior, died shortly after being convicted of bribery.
→Jesse Livermore, an investor, was nearly broke and killed himself, writing to his wife: "I am a failure. I am truly sorry, but this is the only way out for me

The takeaway is something we take seriously at The Motley Fool:

Choose your role models carefully. Extreme success is often due to luck, not skill or character. Never underestimate the power of one-hit wonders, especially in a field like investing. Personally, I'm interested in people whose success spans a lifetime, across multiple ventures. People like Warren Buffett, Steve Jobs, and Elon Musk. And yes (potentially brown-nosing but honest), Fool co-founders Tom and David Gardner.

Avoid leverage. It doomed many of the nine tycoons. In investing, this means avoiding margin debt when buying stocks. I don't know anyone who has consistently used margin debt and not regretted it in hindsight. I'm actually shocked it's still legal.

Think long term. Gunning for short-term results and the constant desire for more money now took down many of these nine men's fortunes. Markets reward patience more than any other skill.

Reputation, honesty, and accountability matter more than anything. Especially in business. As Warren Buffett once said when a company he ran came under scrutiny: "Lose money and I will forgive you. But lose even a shred of reputation and I will be ruthless."

pussycats → The abov article is priceless. TQ KCchong

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2017-05-01 15:52 | Report Abuse

but msia tycoons all didn't suffer anything.....)

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2017-05-01 16:01 | Report Abuse

Apollo Ang →but msia tycoons all didn't suffer anything.....
Pussycats ⇒ msia tycoons are very lucky la. Don't you think so? Food for thought. when high tide everyone is covered, but when low tide, some one will be exposed naked by Wa len bull fed.

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2017-05-01 16:06 | Report Abuse

I didn't see msian tycoons bangrupt,die penniless,had a mental breakdown,in prison,commit suicide,die of heart attack,kill himself? all now healthy and everynite very sound sleep

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 16:07 | Report Abuse

seems you needed bad news to make you happy?

The fate is not in the stars....it is within everyone.

Go for it...reach for it.

pussycats > May 1, 2017 03:49 PM | Report Abuse

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2017-05-01 17:16 | Report Abuse

Pussycats ⇒ msia tycoons are very lucky la. Don't you think so? Food for thought. when high tide everyone is covered, but when low tide, some one will be exposed naked by Wa len bull fed.
01/05/2017 16:01

stockmanmy→ seems you needed bad news to make you happy?

The fate is not in the stars....it is within everyone.

Go for it...reach for it.
Pussycats comments →Did I say I am happy? No, I just want to focus on what the abov article said about the past American tycoons. We need to learn from history la, my friend.

We also need to learn from Warren Buffett famous quote→ Food for thought. When high tide everyone is covered, but when low tide, some one will be exposed naked by Wa len bull fed.

Don't turn & twist my thought lah Stockmanmy. Stockmanmy does u have negative thought about people??? Come on lah learn from every sifu, including sifu from The Motley Fool...

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2017-05-01 17:25 | Report Abuse

Apollo Ang, msia tycoons are very lucky la. They never have bad misfortune.

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2017-05-01 17:33 | Report Abuse

pussycats > May 1, 2017 03:49 PM | Report Abuse

01/05/2017 16:07
. -.......
pussycats says → the abov article said about those 9 men from America. I am not happy about it But we should learn from history la. Stockmany do u understand what I say ? Sorry bcos my England not good la.

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2017-05-01 17:43 | Report Abuse

.....Susah, nak cakap sikit, orang pusing cakap saya. MY England not good takapa, yg Penting ialah menang byk duit dlm Bursa lah... ;-D

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2017-05-01 18:02 | Report Abuse

All sifu in stockmarket hv different styles, just like in Kung Fu world all sifu got different styles. Some are Tai Chi, Win Chun , Karate, Judo, Taekwondo, Silat, Thai kick boxing, Mongolian wrestling and etc. Nobody should belittle anyone.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 18:07 | Report Abuse

chi sin.....

I tell you what....that there are certain universal truths, whatever people may say.

pussycats > May 1, 2017 06:02 PM | Report Abuse
should belittle anyone.

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2017-05-01 18:30 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy chi sin.....

I tell you what....that there are certain universal truths, whatever people may say.

pussycats > May 1, 2017 06:02 PM | Report Abuse
should belittle anyone.
01/05/2017 18:07
Pussycats → All sifu in stockmarket hv different styles, just like in Kung Fu world all sifu got different styles. Some are Tai Chi, Win Chun , Karate, Judo, Taekwondo, Silat, Thai kick boxing, Mongolian wrestling and etc. Nobody should belittle anyone.

Pussycats said →Nobody should belittle anyone.

stockmany twisted my words by saying that I said should belittle anyone. WHY U ALWAYS TWIST MY WORDS STOCKMANY???.

I cakap pun bosan dgn org macam keropok twisty always twisting what other is saying. kikikikiki kata AyamTaktua

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 18:35 | Report Abuse

kc

so scared of market...should learn and teach diversification rules aka CFA rules.

I didn't learn the real meaning of "only free lunch in town is diversification " until I read through my son's CFA text books and notes.

alternatively, the right attitude is....if KYY can succeed , so can I.....so I spend my time learning how to sailang.

sailang is not easy to learn. How do you unlearn a whole life time of habits?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-01 18:42 | Report Abuse

cut and paste wrong

Nobody should belittle anyone.

but,

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2017-05-01 18:52 | Report Abuse

stockmany, ok, ok. No hard feeling.

tksw

12,382 posts

Posted by tksw > 2017-05-01 20:37 | Report Abuse

kakaka, laf die me. I see superman, superboy, super girl. They are heroes, but...fake... now see super investor, kakaka

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-05-01 21:15 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > May 1, 2017 06:35 PM | Report Abuse
kc
so scared of market...should learn and teach diversification rules aka CFA rules.
I didn't learn the real meaning of "only free lunch in town is diversification " until I read through my son's CFA text books and notes.
alternatively, the right attitude is....if KYY can succeed , so can I.....so I spend my time learning how to sailang.
sailang is not easy to learn. How do you unlearn a whole life time of habits?

My article here is about the below,

"People focus on role models; it is more effective to find antimodels -- people you don't want to resemble when you grow up." -- Nassim Taleb

If you can do that, you will be successful and living happily thereafter.

Jal 贾彬得

1,563 posts

Posted by Jal 贾彬得 > 2017-05-02 01:50 | Report Abuse

"Warren Buffett, Steve Jobs, and Elon Musk. And yes (potentially brown-nosing but honest)" I believe this quote must be rephrased........warren buffet loaned to big corporate investment firms like goldman sachs for pushing gold back in days and it crashed later on....he should also be accountable for allowing his fund being used for such thing and i believe he knew the facts of it before borrowing huge amounts and etc....most things behind the backdoor are unforseen, i dont think we need the filthy rich to be our mentor. In todays world hardly anyone who are successful follows the code of ethics that are honest and are respected in the ethical way.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-05-02 15:30 | Report Abuse

Wall lone but fat need to write a book to teach people how to invest in klci
he see many people dunno invest

poorkid

225 posts

Posted by poorkid > 2017-05-05 03:46 | Report Abuse

If follow the blog title who is forgotten tycoons? Not VT or Danny Tan among them?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz