Be the first to like this.

21 comment(s). Last comment by windcloud 2018-01-18 12:33

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2018-01-17 10:43 | Report Abuse

I thought you're doing well initially with some quick gains? how come got realized loss?

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2018-01-17 10:45 | Report Abuse

paper loss is normal..except hengyuan CJ which is hard to predict since it is warrant, the other 3 should be ok in long run.

Posted by Old_and_Golden > 2018-01-17 10:47 | Report Abuse

Lizi,

I took a beating on HY CA, had to exit due to expiry coming very soon.
All previous profits disappeared in a flash from one stock.
-
Expensive lessons about Call Warrants!
And HY CJ is haunting me as well....

godhand

1,885 posts

Posted by godhand > 2018-01-17 10:48 | Report Abuse

cut off the one with the highest risk. the call warrant

Posted by Old_and_Golden > 2018-01-17 10:50 | Report Abuse

Godhand....am monitoring and will exit sooner rather than later...I am just waiting for the next round of play. Thinking of waiting until CNY...

joekit

833 posts

Posted by joekit > 2018-01-17 10:58 | Report Abuse

hop into those cheap good counters. many around now. best bargain. just find out buy n hold. dont gamble ur retirement fund.

valuelurker

1,133 posts

Posted by valuelurker > 2018-01-17 11:09 | Report Abuse

At what prices did you buy MYEG, UMWOG...you bought all at top, when volume was surging and you chased ka old and perhaps not so golden man

Posted by viptraderclub > 2018-01-17 12:01 | Report Abuse

call warrant memang not easy to play.. Last time i bought LCTITAN call warrant, also kena massive losses. Half of my capital is gone. It's better to play structured warrant than call warrant

游军委

15 posts

Posted by 游军委 > 2018-01-17 12:13 | Report Abuse

Market now is high and downside risk is higher for Feb, umwog and myeg is okay for long term but others 2 upside is limited, suggest sold these 2 and buy those good fundamental. My reason is hengyuan is highly volatile might goes up quick or down quick warrant is lucks bet when next quarter is uncertain, while top glove has a bright future but rise in ringgit may cancel of some profit and value market is quite high if u plan to keep for years top glove is a good stock. Just my opinion warrant isn't something that should hold for long term value, have to now when to cut loss or else will slowly depreciate. Just my opinion

feimah

907 posts

Posted by feimah > 2018-01-17 12:52 | Report Abuse

I think your are more close to a contra kaki and chase where is wind blow from the stock you mentioned. IMO you are not ready n pay a lot tuition fees if you continue this way.
My suggestion:
You may need to wait till the nx QR for HRC-CJ for a better pricing.
Election stock only move up if the current gov win.
Topglove is a long term investment.
No comment on UMWOG

abu

90 posts

Posted by abu > 2018-01-17 14:22 | Report Abuse

luckily I start buy share when I am 18. And it takes me more than 15 years to turn "green".

Posted by Equityengineer > 2018-01-17 14:38 | Report Abuse

So fast quit , Beginning will be tough , as time goes will learn , study more , research more ... best of luck ..

zoozooka

292 posts

Posted by zoozooka > 2018-01-17 16:21 | Report Abuse

I3 Sifu only lead you to the path of destruction, with their own interest. Don't jump into the market until you can differentiate between quality analysis and shit article. Don't trust KYY.

Aries

659 posts

Posted by Aries > 2018-01-17 21:55 | Report Abuse

Old_and_Golden, position sizing is very important in trading in order to protect your capital especially if you have limited amount of money for investment after your retirement. You may read "The Systematic Trader" by Colin Seow which you can get from Popular bookstore. It is a pretty good reference for newbie. Besides that , you need to buy good quality stocks (low debts , high EPS, consistent dividend payout etc) because they will be your passive income. Good luck.

Posted by dadakang_chiakchitor > 2018-01-18 06:55 | Report Abuse

5 digits only la, small losses, it can be recovered if you are in the correct path. You are going through a very typical learning process of paying tuition fees to the market.

CW play is at least 1 step or 2 steps further advance play as compared to fundamental value investing. It did not contradict with each another. Know your opponent, know yourself. Before we start to walk, we crawl first. Before we start to run, we walk first.

To end up with CA & CJ, you still got a lot walls to bang along the way.

You decided to opt for CA because it was the lowest/zero premium & you decided to opt for CJ because it was cheapest unit price among all the option disregarding other parameters.

Start with fundamental investing, stop following the hot air.

Extend it to growth investing, do not get blinded by the high PE on the quality counter. Look for PEG. The high PE on quality counter is always the psychology barrier to the prevent FA investor to take position on high quality counter. Dynaquest publication shall be able to give your the insight on what is known as the quality counter. If you cannot break through this barrier, forever the high PE at a glance will discourage you from owning the quality counter like Harta, Inari, Gtronic, Vitrox, Penta, VS etc

When you have successfully built up your portfolio & capital on the growth investing, try to extend it to CW play. Not every counter can be applied to CW play.

Treat it like running a real business. CW is a leverage play, you take leverage position only when the business is making money & market is recognizing the business. You do not leverage when you think your business should be good but market not recognizing it. Market recognition is an analogy to the TA.

Example of real business expansion & shrinking. When your business is good, you expand your branch by taking borrowing from bank. In the share investing context, you take a heavier position. If the business if not generating money & market not refuse to recognize your business even though you think it should be a hits, you close the shop / deleverage. In share investing context, you reduce your exposure.

It is the same analogy for the strategy of average up & down. Why people say average up is always a better strategy vs average down. The same concept was shared by a friend of mine doing the online business. He pays for the google ads to get the sales. The ads that did not bring conversion of sales, he cut & reduce it. The ads that generates sales, he advertise more to generate more sales to magnify his profits.

A lot of investing concept can be inspired by the thing happening surrounding us. Don't set the boundary & limit ourselves.

Posted by dadakang_chiakchitor > 2018-01-18 08:52 | Report Abuse

if you cannot afford to stomach any further loss, expect no gain temporary.

A case study for your observation. Look at VS underlying & the CWs.

Use VS-CW issued by RHB as the example. Today reference at RM 0.09, duration of observation today until end Feb 18. Catalyst - growth top & bottom line.

Any profit within this period, take it. You don't take, other people will take. Beware of the T+3 & T+7 count from 2 days ago. We cannot prevent market to play contra, hence we can only accept the market condition.

If it did not move, move on.

Posted by Old_and_Golden > 2018-01-18 10:55 | Report Abuse

I took the afternoon off yesterday...went to KLCC and had a nice Japanese lunch with my daughter - she works there.

Read all your concerned comments this morning, and I really appreciate all the constructive advice.

I will leave HY CJ alone for a while - at least until CNY. Today is really a bad day - with HY dropping more than One Ringgit.

Others too, I will leave them there. No point in worrying about them on daily basis.

I have also decided to pursue another passion of mine to fill my retirement time; that is writing! I have started and wish to complete a book by end February.

Also, I will be conducting sessions sharing my wealth of work experience with young people who are ambitious and wish to learn a few tricks from someone who have done that and been there.
My first session will be on 10th February entitled, "How to be successful in a career beyond your comfort zones!"
I only charge RM80 per participants, really low, because my intention is to help young people to realize their potentials.

Thank you again everyone for your comments and advise, I do appreciate them.

Posted by dadakang_chiakchitor > 2018-01-18 11:45 | Report Abuse

ks55, our legs kena pull already. He is an experienced guy, hahahaha

the story is a made up......!!!

morale of the story, don't kepo help people.....

The title & profile very obvious a bait to lure certain ppl to comment on his blog....

hahahaha

wish you a good health PureBull

Posted by Old_and_Golden > 2018-01-18 12:11 | Report Abuse

Honestly...I am a newbie to stock market.

My talk will be on 'Career Management' for young professionals.
How they can climb corporate ladder.

Dadakang_Chiachitor, everything I wrote 100% true maa...

windcloud

1,393 posts

Posted by windcloud > 2018-01-18 12:31 | Report Abuse

Currently holding (Total value 49,555 / Realized profit so far about RM1,000 / 2.5% profit only / Remaining Capital to Invest or Shorter Term Trading about 31,000)

- MRCB

- Masteel

- GKent

- Comfort

- Hibiscus

- HengYuan

Last time you hold good stocks, those stocks are rising including MRCB, Gkent, Comfort, Hibiscus, and Masteel. You should earn some profit. How come losses ?

windcloud

1,393 posts

Posted by windcloud > 2018-01-18 12:33 | Report Abuse

I only charge RM80 per participants, really low, because my intention is to help young people to realize their potentials.

>>>>>>>_______<<<<<<<<<< suddenly you become sifu with fee charged ???

Post a Comment
Market Buzz