56 comment(s). Last comment by ProfitSonar 2018-03-29 01:47

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-03-23 19:52 | Report Abuse

bursa a very special and diff market,

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-03-23 19:53 | Report Abuse

Yeah, you cant short, no options, no derivatives. No bonds on the market, no commodities etc.

Construct what portfolio lol.

Use common sense can d.

3iii

12,851 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-03-23 19:58 | Report Abuse

I wish you success in your undertaking.

Maybe you can also share with the audience the fees involved in this fund of yours.

Thks.

3iii

12,851 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-03-23 20:03 | Report Abuse

>>>>The main preference, would of course be a business in a fantastic industry, with a long-term competitive advantage (or “Competitive Moat”), operated by honest and competent people and most importantly available at a fair or very attractive price.>>>>>

These are also the four tenets of Buffett and Munger in their selection of stocks to invest.

>>>>>During our project to read 5 years’ worth of annual reports for all 926 companies listed in the KLSE, we have found one, and it also happened to be available at a fair price. The other will of course be the one and only Public Bank (Do note a few more have since been found, but prices are not as attractive).<<<<

Staying within one's circle of competence is a great discipline. I too have screened through the stocks in the KLSE and found only about 20 stocks that fall into the category of great companies. Applying a stricter requirement, reduces these to only a few. Often, as you mentioned, these stocks are trading at fair to high prices.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-03-27 21:37 | Report Abuse

This is likely to be my structure for the next 5 years, until i have a silver of a track record. Good record, can start a proper fund. Bad record, manage my own money.

2 options.

1) I guarantee your capital plus the highest prevailing FD rate in Malaysia, 3,5 to 10 year lock. If you want put alot, a long ass lock. 60% above that FD rate is mine, 40% is yours. I wont take more than 50% of my own equity as i dont want to over leverage.

2) No profit. Win or lose you keep. Ill just manage your account.

Posted by ProfitSonar > 2018-03-29 01:47 | Report Abuse

Posted by 3iii > Mar 23, 2018 08:03 PM | Report Abuse

>>>Staying within one's circle of competence is a great discipline. I too have screened through the stocks in the KLSE and found only about 20 stocks that fall into the category of great companies. Applying a stricter requirement, reduces these to only a few. Often, as you mentioned, these stocks are trading at fair to high prices.<<<

How do you screen these stocks?? by reading manually or use some sort of screener??

Post a Comment
Market Buzz