5 people like this.

309 comment(s). Last comment by stockraider 2019-01-26 12:18

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 20:26 | Report Abuse

Mr SSLee,

You are very interesting. You write well and certainly can go into great details into a stock.

If only your investing philosophy and strategy are safe and sound, given your diligence and effort, you can do well.

At present, I don't see much hope in your investing to date. Why spend so much time trying to repair a sinking ship, you are better off abandoning the ship and go into one that can take you to the desired destination? Your shareholder activism though admirable sadly brings about little results. You are better served by better companies with better management.

Would not it be better to attend an AGM where you praised the management for another great year of performance, take a few pictures with them and promise to see them again the next AGM? :-)

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 20:28 | Report Abuse

Where are the customers' yacht? Many do not even have a sampan after a lifelong period of investing in the stock market.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-22 21:21 |

Post removed.Why?

Sslee

4,656 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-01-22 21:35 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip,
I quote, “You seem to be making the mistake that I am out to hunt down your beloved INSAS stock.” Make no mistake, I appreciate your different view and in fact I welcome it as I actually waiting to collect INSAS share at cheaper cost to me. But unfortunately when I present my case I need to speak the truth base on fact and figure contain in the annual report. Some of the very private information that I gather from my private meeting with newly appointed CEO, I kept it as P&C. I quote, “Insas is a founding shareholder of Inari 11 years ago and its original 51% equity interest in Inari has been diluted over the years primarily due to its IPO in 2011” how else to explain the INSAS Board capability in building up INARI to what it is today if not for the management prudent and foresight to spend few millions as seed money/burn rate (charge to P/L) to organic growth their business in different sector and working with renowned university and researcher to launch their patented products.

Also make no mistake, I am not out to hunt down your beloved “QL” I only present what is contain in the annual report as I feel even though QL is a great company but the current market price is too rich a valuation and perhaps you can relook into its valuation during the next quarter result and make you own decision whether you should cash out and invest in Nasdaq: STNE.

By the way I like to read yours and Jon Choivo articles as both of you are very well read and well versed in different methodology of investment and stock valuation, it’s a refreshing read. I thank you for contributing your articles to i3.

Dear 3iii,
I quote, “Your shareholder activism though admirable sadly brings about little results. You are better served by better companies with better management.”
My upbringing taught me to seek the truth and nothing but the truth and give voice to voiceless and fight for justices. My shareholder activism had result in INSAS paying an interim dividend of 2 cents and hopefully a formal dividend policy in this year. My questioning in Xingquan and CSL had result in SC calling the external auditor for questioning and the rest is history. My questioning in Hengyuan had help me to know the detail of Hengyuan business and the next AGM the board will face another round of hard questioning from me on Brent Crude oil pricing and CAPEX..

As of your question, “Would not it be better to attend an AGM where you praised the management for another great year of performance, take a few pictures with them and promise to see them again the next AGM?” My answer is not necessary since the company is already well run and manage, your words of praising would not add further value whereas your hard hitting and fact finding questions will make the board wake up, listening to you and you can see a sea change during the next AGM.

Thank you

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 22:04 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 22:05 | Report Abuse

>>>>Posted by probability > Jan 22, 2019 09:52 PM | Report Abuse

walao..sslee nicely whacked 3ii... >>>

A no body is cheering from the sideline. :-)

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-22 22:07 | Report Abuse

sslee

told u not to attend so many lousy company AGM....at the end of the day who con who also don't know...One a novice, the other a seasoned con....easy to guess.

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 22:08 | Report Abuse

SSLee

I have posted this one page quick analysis to screen for great companies.

Hope you can find this useful in your selection of great companies to invest into.

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 22:09 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-22 22:17 | Report Abuse

U understand investment or not ??

Who say insas is lousy when it sit on more than Rm 300m nett cash with NTA exceeding Rm 2.54 per share and with div yield of 3% pa loh...!!

The pe of insas is about 6x mah n for the past 10 yrs insas has been making monies loh...!!

Nestle maybe good company but it has a very high handicapped with its overvalue share price with PE 50x loh...!!

Imagine u r a good tennis player...but u handicapped by playing tennis on a wheel chair....the chances of u winning may not be good, even when u playing agst average players mah...!!

Insas hathway is Ben Graham share picked jewel with very big margin of safety Mah...!!

This is investing. I take my investing very seriously.

I avoid lousy companies. In the long run, I am better off with companies with great businesses.

Given a company with poor economics and great management, the reputation of the company remains intact. Some businesses are just gruesome and generally will remain so even if the management are superb.

The opportunity cost of parking your money in a poor performer or loser is just too harmful for the finances of the careful investor.

If you have to be always actively prodding the management, that tells a lot too of the quality of the management and its alignment of their interest with the shareholders. For example, if the management embarks on cost cutting or cost efficiency, you should be happy and yet sad too. Why were they not cost efficient at all time?

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 22:25 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-22 22:38 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 22:43 | Report Abuse

>>>Posted by stockraider > Jan 22, 2019 10:38 PM | Report Abuse

One of Successful investment characteristic of Ben Graham is to buy undervalue with big margin of safety in order to take advantage of soochai Mr market Mah....!! <<<

Your "investing" into Hengyuan and many other stocks did not suggest you know the teachings of Ben Graham well.

Don't kid yourself with this Ben Graham's teachings.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-22 22:49 | Report Abuse

Based on Hengyuan situation what are the lessons we can learn from there leh ??

People like 3iii & Mr Long are unsuitable to advise u on this loh, bcos this people like driving cars, can only drive the car forward, but they don know when to tell u to brake and do reverse gear ala "LARI KUAT KUAT WHEN THINGS DON TURN UP RIGHT" MAH...!!

Lessons

Pls do not trust growth in EPS and low PE so much loh...!! Earnings can unexpected collapse very fast anytime loh...!!

The margin of safety based on Earnings and growth is very volatile like the case of Hengyuan PE 5x v Nestle 50x and Ql 50x, in addition Hengyuan growth 200% v Nestle & Ql growth less than 20%....u thought Hengyuan got very big fat margin of safety based on earnings and growth...but this type of margin of safety based on earnings can collapse and disappear very fast loh...!!

In fact this condition of collapse again confirmed by the recent collapse of padini and topglove, share price fall drastically recently bcos of earnings disappointment again mah...!!

So do not listen to conman 3iii asking u all to buy NESTLE Pe 50x or high growth stock at lofty valuation....anytime the earnings can collapse very fast without warnings like what happen to hengyuan, topglove and padini loh...!!

Thats the reason why Ben Graham in the intelligent investor book, do not give too much emphasis on investment based on margin of safety using earnings based on profitability and growth route, but he prefer to use margin of safety based on huge discount on tangible assets and huge cash liquidity of the company with the huge share price discount bcos this tenet is less volatile & tangible and esy to employ loh...!!

It is not that u cannot invest based on growth and earnings route, in fact raider would encourage u do it bcos it is highly profitable loh...anyhow if u invested in hengyuan earlier, u will had made a huge profit unseen for many years, but u must act smart & be prepare to lari kuat kuat loh...!!

People like 3iii & Mr Long are unsuitable to advise u on this loh, bcos this people like driving cars, can only drive the car forward, but they don know when to tell u to brake and do reverse gear ala "LARI KUAT KUAT WHEN THINGS DON TURN UP RIGHT" MAH...!!

Raider is right to advice u to lari kuat kuat on hengyuan...in fact everyone should learn how to lari kuat kuat ....when condition & environment does not look right mah...!!

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 23:01 | Report Abuse

Somehow, I sense probability does not like me. :-)

Perhaps it has something to do with my investing. Haha.

The stock does not even know that I own it. :-)

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-22 23:12 | Report Abuse

probability....must be a remisier....hates long term.....

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 23:12 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 23:13 | Report Abuse

>>>
qqq3 probability....must be a remisier....hates long term.....
22/01/2019 23:12<<<<

I did ask.

Never ask a barber if you need a hair-cut.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-22 23:13 | Report Abuse

probability...artificial ? don't like artificial? King of artificial is Raider and SS lee...thanks you with every post...artificial enough or not?

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 23:20 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 23:21 | Report Abuse

Have a positive attitude. Stay with the issues, ignore the person.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-22 23:23 | Report Abuse

probability...

over a life time...in the long run....only those who learn to say NO can make money from the stock market........REMEMBER THAT.

Sslee

4,656 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-01-22 23:54 | Report Abuse

Dear 3iii,
I quote, “You owe a duty to your family to be careful with your finances. Invest wisely and carefully. Invest in yourself. Read more”

Investment philosophy: Looking for stocks that give reasonable dividend yield and capital appreciation. (A bird in the Hand is worth two in the Bush). Understand that in order to beg a 10 bagger needs patience to wait for next market crash. (If it occurs I am prepare, if it doesn’t happen I am fine with my current investment) Note: 1/3 in stock market investment, 1/3 with my wife FD and another 1/3 in my FD account. Debt free, still have my full time pay job, my two sons already working and my daughter 1st year in Sunway University (Mass communication and art of advertisement). Isn’t that fulfilling my duty to my family and careful with my finance?

Life philosophy: Do not stay still in your circle of competent/comfort zone needs to constantly challenge your limit. Past success do not guarantee future success and past failure do not mean future failure as long as you are prepared to learn from all and re-examines your mistakes/method. So now I am learning from you can you teach me how to value INSAS just base on INARI alone (19.1% of associate company of INSAS) contributed RM 40.15 million dividends to INSAS FYR2018. How much it’s worth to INSAS?

Note: You can look into INARI Top 30 shareholders and tell me all these big Funds, will they invest in INARI if they do not believe in INARI sustainable growth story. Isn’t those miss the boat during INARI growing year should grab the opportunity now by investing in INSAS at the lower costs to them?

Thank you

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-22 23:58 | Report Abuse

In investing, you can usually analyse the stocks quickly to see if you like them or not. Just like Buffett, you generally can make a decision in less than 5 minutes.

Those stocks you wish to be involved with, you will dwell deeper.

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-23 00:10 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-23 00:49 | Report Abuse

Put it this way loh...3iii continue to bad mouth ben graham margin of safety, despite warren buffet highly respect ben graham mah...!!

U look at Insas criteria...it exactly fall into Ben graham investment criteria mah...!!

Sslee selection of insas is a very fine safe selection mah....although not type of growth stock....it is huge undervalue stock mah...!!

For growth stock ur expectation is to continue growth to sustain the share price whereas for undervalue stock, what u need is just a rerating of confidence that will push the stock price up to reach a reasonable value from highly undervalue mah...!!

Insas is a profitable co, huge cash holding, pays reasonable div, huge discount to nta, all these is highly positive factors for rerating criteria loh...!!

3iii has been acting wrongly to deceive a safety investor like ssleee loh...scaring him like he will lose his family & wealth mah...!!

In fact, if sslee will to change his system, like buying into QL or Nestle, raider think the risk is even higher bcos he is chasing overvaluation loh..!!

Remember sslee investment value investment approach, that people like 3iii and Mr Long thought it is short term trading but it is a genuine investment using share valuation to take advantage of Mr Market folly mah..!!
In fact Warren Buffet has been using this method for a long time successfully loh....!!

Buffet change to long term hold of late, bcos his fund has grown too big mah..!
I read one of buffet comment, he can even get higher return, if he does not manage such a large funds loh...!!

Meaning if he use his old ways of investment based on margin of safety, he can even get even higher return loh...!!

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-23 00:52 | Report Abuse

raid...I don't have to know the Big Ben to know legends don't get himself involved with third liners......

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-23 00:56 | Report Abuse

U don understand loh...Ben Graham buy alot of 3rd liners as long as it is highly undervalue following his margin of safety criteria mah..!!

Traders like u really don understand loh...!!

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 23, 2019 12:52 AM | Report Abuse

raid...I don't have to know the Big Ben to know legends don't get himself involved with third liners......

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-23 08:33 | Report Abuse

when legends get involved with third liners, they take over the company, not sit passively to be screwed.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-23 08:35 | Report Abuse

when legends get involved with third liners, they take over the company, not sit passively to be screwed.....like City of London, screwed by icap for > 5 years already.

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-23 08:47 | Report Abuse

>>>Posted by Sslee > Jan 22, 2019 11:54 PM | Report Abuse

Dear 3iii,
I quote, “You owe a duty to your family to be careful with your finances. Invest wisely and carefully. Invest in yourself. Read more”

Investment philosophy: Looking for stocks that give reasonable dividend yield and capital appreciation. (A bird in the Hand is worth two in the Bush). Understand that in order to beg a 10 bagger needs patience to wait for next market crash. (If it occurs I am prepare, if it doesn’t happen I am fine with my current investment) Note: 1/3 in stock market investment, 1/3 with my wife FD and another 1/3 in my FD account. Debt free, still have my full time pay job, my two sons already working and my daughter 1st year in Sunway University (Mass communication and art of advertisement). Isn’t that fulfilling my duty to my family and careful with my finance? <<<<

Sslee

How many 10 baggers do you have in your present portfolio?

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-23 08:48 | Report Abuse

>>>Note: 1/3 in stock market investment, 1/3 with my wife FD and another 1/3 in my FD account.<<<<

From my observation, you are better to work with a financial advisor.

Sslee

4,656 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-01-23 09:19 | Report Abuse

Dear 3iii,
Thank you for your: “ONE PAGE QUICK ANALYSIS OF A STOCK” I am busy with my daily full time job can I ask you a favor please scan thro’ bursa and list down the most yes answers and with PE below 20 even better if I can get QL PE below 10 during 2010-2009 or close to your NESTLE PE when you first bought into it. I will then invest RM200K and continues top up every quarter for next 40 quarter into 2 million shares by 2029.

Quote from Mr. Philip, “Now, I must admit, when you see the QL director himself Mr Chia be at the site 1 hour before you wake up, you become very respectful and clear about the quality of management. And so after chinese new year of 2009 after company bonus when I bought RM200K worth of QL----That was when I knew I had to look at QL deeper. Reading into the financial reports, it was very high pe (around 29 if i remember correctly), but the free cash flow, the growth in revenue, and the speed of implementation. I attended AGM. read into the competitors. “
I remember shaking mr chia song kun hand and actually having a talk with him regarding his policies and strategies. Very humble and hands on man who wakes up at 5 and goes to site directly early morning. If I could have him working for me I thought, I'd never lose a nights sleep.
https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/stk/fin/7084.jsp?type=last10fy

As of your question, “How many 10 baggers do you have in your present portfolio?”
My answer none so far. But I can foreseen my fortune going for a sea change if you and Mr. Philip can recommend stocks as you stated that fulfilled your “ONE PAGE QUICK ANALYSIS OF A STOCK”
I am eagerly looking forward to your recommendation, hope you don’t disappointed me.

My thousand thanks.

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-23 15:09 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-23 15:46 |

Post removed.Why?

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-01-23 15:53 | Report Abuse

investing is capitalist way of creating a pyramid scheme to cheat the poor who are slaves of their reproductive organs to copulate and reproduce for future consumption...

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-23 15:54 | Report Abuse

In a way some truth loh....!!

But if u worry about this issue, why don u make a point to check the director remunerations b4 buying the stock leh ??

Posted by 如鱼得水 > Jan 23, 2019 03:51 PM | Report Abuse

investing is giving money to companies director to live a luxury life... n u yourself go Holland drink tulip juice..

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-01-23 15:58 | Report Abuse

in a world without capitalism...all production should equal consumption...and there should not be left over, excess of production (retention) for justifying future growth in consumption.....

it should be pure barter

the music will stop when population awakens like the japanese...

and its the duty of all economist, politician and businessman...to keep the music on...

the show must go on

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-23 15:59 | Report Abuse

investing is selling dreams and hope....

everyone needs dreams and hope.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-23 16:00 | Report Abuse

Correctloh....think & grow rich are all base on the blind faith of hope mah......!!

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 23, 2019 03:59 PM | Report Abuse

investing is selling dreams and hope....

everyone needs dreams and hope.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-23 16:03 | Report Abuse

don't buy from Thong Kok Kee.....its a night mare he is selling....

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-23 16:07 | Report Abuse

He is a change man of late mah...!!

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 23, 2019 04:03 PM | Report Abuse

don't buy from Thong Kok Kee.....its a night mare he is selling....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-23 16:08 | Report Abuse

selling raider hope.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-23 16:20 | Report Abuse

It is not hope u can see for yourself the success mah....!!

1. Just inari 19% that insas own is more than exceed the whole insas mkt capitalization loh...!!

2. Insas is sitting on a nett cash of Rm 300m mah...!! He did not sapu any monies loh...!!

3, Recently insas pays decent div with yield of around 3% pa this is even higher than nestle div yield of only 2.5% pa.

4. He has grown insas NTA to rm 2.54 per share and he has steer insas to a track record of 10 yr annual growth of shareholder fund without fail loh...!!

5. He has help insas to achieve a decent latest eps which resulted insas having an attractive PE of 6x loh...!!

6. He even relinquish his executive position to allow his captain Mr Wong to take charge of Insas loh...!!

Mr Thong is one can be consider one of the best 5 star ivy league investment banker, the best msia ever had loh....!!

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 23, 2019 04:08 PM | Report Abuse

selling raider hope.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-23 16:27 | Report Abuse

ask them to give u some Inari shares la.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-23 16:33 | Report Abuse

i m comfortable they can create more & more value on inari...no need to so kencheong bcos they only own 19% mah...when the right time come insas share price can double or even triple when they decide to distribute inari share mah...!!

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 23, 2019 04:27 PM | Report Abuse

ask them to give u some Inari shares la.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-01-23 17:06 | Report Abuse

will not be long before your Insas is a PE 50 stock at 70 sen ......and without any path to growth..........guarantee.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-23 17:08 | Report Abuse

Insas investment strategy is not growth but fair value rerating due to insas share price huge discount to its fair value mah...!!

It is totally diff from Growth investment loh....!!

Posted by qqq3 > Jan 23, 2019 05:05 PM | Report Abuse

will not be long before your Insas is a PE 50 stock......and without any path to growth..........guarantee.

3iii

12,773 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-01-24 08:35 | Report Abuse

Benjamin Graham, the founding father of value investing, was the first to recognize the quality problem among equities back in the 1930s.

- Graham classified stocks as either Quality or Low Quality.

- He also observed that the greatest losses result not from buying quality at an excessively high price, but from buying Low Quality at a price that seems good value.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-01-26 12:18 | Report Abuse

With the fast recovery of inari share price, there maybe a fair chance that insas, could be a technology growth stock too, bcos of vast insas exposure on inari....the investment of insas on inari has appreciated more than the whole insas capitalization mah....!!

Just sit n relax and watch the opportunity of insas, the best margin of safety stock....insas hathaway loh...!!

U can just buy insas instead of inari mah....!!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz