2 people like this.

25 comment(s). Last comment by stockraider 2019-04-07 12:38

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-04-06 20:36 | Report Abuse

I THINK THIS IS SOMETHING VERY DIFFICULT TO GET IN A CAPITALIST SOCIETY!

punter..as a millenial...i am surprised you could come up with such a beautiful article...

the above statement is very true...and there is a fundamental reason to the above phenomenon.....its simply due to:

multilayered organization structure

the top managements sets KPI to middle management and the mid management to the engineers...these KPIs (key performance indicators)...naturally does not cultivate quality....as the results of quality cannot be realized - measured or proven within a short time frame unlike cost cuttings & rise in productivity (production qty)..

its something like quantitative vs qualitative valuation

its like Jon vs Philip or the Ex-Investment Banker i would say (for a crude analogy)...he he

calvintaneng

53,254 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-04-06 20:41 | Report Abuse

Good one!

calvintaneng

53,254 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-04-06 20:44 | Report Abuse

It is never right to do wrong in order to get a chance to do right.
....Bob Jones, Sr

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1395047

ongkkh

219 posts

Posted by ongkkh > 2019-04-06 22:16 | Report Abuse

only have one winner in the business world, it is very hard to find the integrity guy.......in reality world!

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-04-06 22:23 | Report Abuse

Thanks unkers! probability, there has to be a way to better compensate the employees and managers to better serve the society rather than using KPIs (KPI is after all just a tool to simplify a complex situation), there has to be a better way but I have yet to think of one....

ongkkh, that's not true, you can be a winner with integrity... It's a matter of choice. You can't deny that winning is important but so is your values... It is often when you are so driven to win that you forgot some of the most important values and you start drifting from your path. You might think it's beneficial to your goal in the short run, but I can assure you in the long run, you are going to deviate a lot from your goal!

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-04-06 22:33 | Report Abuse

measuring quality is a very difficult task....like you said its complex...

now days every single thing in life has deteriorated in quality...

- the chicken , veg, fruits you eat..
- the house you stay..
- the car you drive
- the teachers
- the friends..
- the relationship with family, spouse, kids etc..

if you look carefully , all of them had increased in terms of QUANTITY...

(especially the first 5, look at the number of friends you have via FB and whatsapp, and number of teachers, houses and food choices)....

but decreased in terms of quality

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-04-06 22:35 | Report Abuse

the population had kept increasing to billions...

though the politicians and media claim it is a much ''developed' society.... the fraction of people in % having happy contented life may not be more than how it was 100 years ago (excluding war effects)

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-04-06 22:37 | Report Abuse

Unker Calvin,

It is never right to do wrong in order to get a chance to do right.
....Bob Jones, Sr

This is a very good quote, I will remember it. When it comes life and death situation, such as Boeing's case, the lifes are gone... So it doesn't matter what you do it won't right the situation. Sometimes it's the greed driven mentality that causes human to deviate from the right path. That's why I think it's important to reassess any major decisions you make from different point of views especially those that have major impacts! Because sometimes, sorry and correction after a mistakes is never enough...

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-04-06 22:49 | Report Abuse

unker probability, are you suggesting a population control? I don't know what that term is, forgot about it... Wait it is population cleansing?

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-04-06 22:51 | Report Abuse

all the above (6 items ) are basic consumption of humans (necessities)...

the supply line is just meeting the demand...but the consumers who create the demand are forced to be blind on quality...as they have no saying/demanding power due to their income perhaps.....

they lack the knowledge to demand quality perhaps...

perhaps its a matter of character we cultivate...

we have europeans who talks about organic food...and asians who dont mind eating a veg colored with a green dye...

why the difference in expectation?

perhaps it all boils down to the culture we cultivate to the children - the future generation...to accept the kind of life they want and create...

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-04-06 23:00 | Report Abuse

That's right unker probability. It's important to cultivate a mindset of emphasising on good values, good quality and good character, which all boils down back to the education system... After all, a children is at a stage stage where they are most easily influenced and taught the right things!

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-04-06 23:04 | Report Abuse

yeah..kinda agree on that ...if you teach kids to value shariah law...and jihadism...you can imagine the kind of future the country will have...

but if you teach childrens - openness, creativity, integrity, cooperation, scientific - logical reasoning...

you will have a much brighter country in the future of course

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-04-06 23:08 | Report Abuse

Unker Fortune Bull, the plane crash of Lion Air last year and Ethiopian Airline both are caused by faulty software error, technically it's the plane itself that crashed it, it's a case of Autopilot gone rogue and to the point that even experienced pilots can't reverse it! It's really a sad case, I feel that AI will have it flaws no matter how good it becomes, it is designed by humans after all! Unker, will you dare to fly a plane knowing that there's nobody flying it? After what happened just 1 month ago, knowing that the Autopilot just crashed a plane because of some errors. It's not so much as to the hardware of the plane but the system controlling it...

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-04-07 00:29 | Report Abuse

When no rice on table, integrity only exist in movie.
All relative. Stomach full then only ideology got attention. I never see the other way around.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-04-07 00:47 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER > 2019-04-07 07:34 | Report Abuse

cheoky, sorry to be blunt but you are part of the problem. I hope that's not what you teach your kids if you have any! You can definitely earn enough to feed yourself and your family without resorting to ways that are deemed immoral!

Posted by (Clark GKent) Philip > 2019-04-07 07:52 | Report Abuse

I have heard from market... Unverified of course... Lee soon agent is very integrity guy. He even use his full name in i3 investor blog.

>>>>>>
only have one winner in the business world, it is very hard to find the integrity guy.......in reality world!

Sslee

4,719 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-04-07 08:28 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
I can understand people steal foods from grocery store to feed his family.
https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2017/03/legal-penalty-for-stealing-food-from-a-grocery-store.html
Compare to what Malaysian politics say about stealing billion from public coffer.
https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/04/04/stealings-only-a-crime-if-youre-caught-says-bns-noh-omar/1739873
Many things are not a clear black and white situation you need to ask yours conscious "Is my behavior fair or unfair?" after all money is not yours if you don’t spend it.
• So what will matter?
• Ready or not someday it will all come to an end.
• There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours or days.
• All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.
• Your wealth, fame and temporal power, will shrivel to irrelevance.
• It will not matter what you owned, or what you were owed.
• Your grudges, resentment, frustrations and jealousies will finally disappear.
• So, too your hopes, ambitions, plans and to-do lists will expire.
• The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
• It won’t matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant.
• In the end it won’t matter where you come from, or on which side of the track you lived.
• Even you gender and skin colour will be irrelevant.
• Then, how will the value of your days be measured? So, what will matter?
• What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built: not what you got, but what you gave.
• What will matter is not your success, but your significance.
• What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.
• What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged other to emulate your example.
• What will matter is not your competence, but your character.
• What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you’re gone.
• What will matter are not your memories, but the memories that live in those who loved you.
• What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what.
• Living a life matters does not happen by accident; it’s not a matter of circumstance but of choice and of much patience, perseverance and determination.
• So Reflecting mindfully and wisely, LET US
• .Lead a righteous life
• .Reach out to others in need
• .Cultivate and purify the mind
• .Strive diligently in the Dhamma
• .Help spread the Dhamma for the benefit and happiness of all
Thank you

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2019-04-07 09:07 | Report Abuse

Good article Punter.

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2019-04-07 09:09 | Report Abuse

Sslee, your thoughts are really profound.
=======

Posted by Sslee:
Many things are not a clear black and white situation you need to ask yours conscious "Is my behavior fair or unfair?" after all money is not yours if you don’t spend it.
• So what will matter?
• Ready or not someday it will all come to an end.
• There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours or days.
• All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.
• Your wealth, fame and temporal power, will shrivel to irrelevance.
• It will not matter what you owned, or what you were owed.
• Your grudges, resentment, frustrations and jealousies will finally disappear.
• So, too your hopes, ambitions, plans and to-do lists will expire.
• The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
• It won’t matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant.
• In the end it won’t matter where you come from, or on which side of the track you lived.
• Even you gender and skin colour will be irrelevant.
• Then, how will the value of your days be measured? So, what will matter?
• What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built: not what you got, but what you gave.
• What will matter is not your success, but your significance.
• What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.
• What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged other to emulate your example.
• What will matter is not your competence, but your character.
• What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you’re gone.
• What will matter are not your memories, but the memories that live in those who loved you.
• What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what.
• Living a life matters does not happen by accident; it’s not a matter of circumstance but of choice and of much patience, perseverance and determination.
• So Reflecting mindfully and wisely, LET US
• .Lead a righteous life
• .Reach out to others in need
• .Cultivate and purify the mind
• .Strive diligently in the Dhamma
• .Help spread the Dhamma for the benefit and happiness of all

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-04-07 09:20 | Report Abuse

No doubt integrity is important

But don't be an Eagle Scout also

Sometime in life you need to be a bit cunning and nasty

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-04-07 09:22 | Report Abuse

But of course never lead to big harm for others lah

Causing people to die , or loss a big fortune , is definitely no no

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-04-07 10:08 | Report Abuse

What happens when airline safety feature is optional and when there is price gorging of crucial medicines ...............they call it Market Power.

Wallen Bufalo Market power. When market power becomes investors dream, when market power is the zeilgeist of the era...........phttps://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/qqq3/199302.jsp

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-04-07 10:21 | Report Abuse

I think Trump and the Republicans of America are Evil....pure Evil.

There are roles for capitalism and roles for stock market. .....but for many , market power has become zeilgeist of the era, indeed a God to be put on the altar.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-04-07 12:38 | Report Abuse

Already known who is the biggest stealer mah...the way u argue put yourself less intelligent loh...!!

Posted by Fortune Bull > Apr 7, 2019 11:41 AM | Report Abuse

SsLee! Yeah, i heard that Pakatan leaders are full of integrity and BN nonexistent! Anyway, i think of course Pakatan will not steal a dime from raykat! Guess it's nice to believe i fairy tales!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz