1 person likes this.

17 comment(s). Last comment by qqq3 2019-05-15 20:37

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER Research IB > 2019-05-14 20:01 | Report Abuse

Don't be affected by Donald Trump tweets and become a sheep of Bursa !!!

Posted by Fabien Extraordinaire > 2019-05-14 20:52 | Report Abuse

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER Research IB > May 7, 2019 4:13 PM | Report Abuse

Underperformed KLCI yesterday, outperformed KLCI by huge margin today.

Heavenly PUNTER Research IB
2317 posts
Posted by Heavenly PUNTER Research IB > May 13, 2019 2:43 PM | Report Abuse

Big hit to the Heaven Portfolio today...

2317 posts
Posted by Heavenly PUNTER Research IB > May 14, 2019 9:41 AM | Report Abuse

Looks like another day of big hit to my heavenly picks

2317 posts
Posted by Heavenly PUNTER Research IB > May 14, 2019 8:47 PM | Report Abuse

No big hit

I hope you practice what you preached.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER Research IB > 2019-05-14 20:56 | Report Abuse

Hahahha oh my god I got caught red handed... Maybe need to stop this bad habit Hahahaha thanks for the reminder. I'll try to improve slowly hahaha... 2 times today... Maybe 1 time a day by end of this month. Thanks!

Goh Kim Hock

2,946 posts

Posted by Goh Kim Hock > 2019-05-14 21:16 | Report Abuse

That's why I did not sell any shares these few days. The market remains intact. Nothing is worse than the 911 in terms of short term volatility.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER Research IB > 2019-05-14 22:00 | Report Abuse

Unker Goh, that's very good for you! I hope many retailers can learn from you, I am sure these 2 days many people panicked and sold their shares for a small loss. They sure think like this, sell now first if not later fall more, then I will lose more money. But they didn't know nothing is wrong in the first place, end up sell low, then buy back high... Keep repeating until cry...

Goh Kim Hock

2,946 posts

Posted by Goh Kim Hock > 2019-05-14 23:18 | Report Abuse

I am not afraid to hold bcos all my portfolio have good fundamental and paying dividend. I emphasize on protecting the capital. Protecting capital according to ColdEye means do not invest in speculative and garbage counters.

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2019-05-14 23:18 | Report Abuse

U should come out with book.not shouting here. Ppl thought you got ulterior motive....

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER Research IB > 2019-05-15 08:01 | Report Abuse

Dear Unker Goh,

That's very right, protection of capital is the first and most important aspect in investing. One year of loss with few years of exceptional gains is oftentimes worse than consistent few years of decent returns... Garbage and speculative counters is definitely out of my radar.

=====

Dear cheoky,
I have emphasized many times I am doing it solely for my interest, I am not going to charge a single cent about any of researches provided by PUNTER IB. So no ulterior motives, just to provide Trusted, Reliable and Rational information.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-05-15 10:58 | Report Abuse

two issues

1 fake money feels different from real money
2 best strategy depends on composition/ made up of portfolio

3iii

12,805 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-05-15 15:41 | Report Abuse

In a 52 weeks period, your $1.00 stock can rise to $1.50 (50% gain) and the same stock at $1.50 can drop to $1.00 (33.33% loss).

Do you think you have the canny ability to profit from these price fluctuations over the short term?

Do you know how to take advantage of the above price fluctuations over the long term?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-05-15 16:00 | Report Abuse

Posted by 3iii > May 15, 2019 3:41 PM | Report Abuse

In a 52 weeks period, your $1.00 stock can rise to $1.50 (50% gain) and the same stock at $1.50 can drop to $1.00 (33.33% loss).

Do you think you have the canny ability to profit from these price fluctuations over the short term?

Do you know how to take advantage of the above price fluctuations over the long term?
===============

people want to invest, do not want to be trader............then first need to learn to be like a banker............say NO 100 times before saying YES.

Philip attitute that 99.9 % of shares in Bursa is rubbish is a good attitute....what happens to the .01%? These are the true exceptions probably got inside information too....and deep knowledge....and at least very high quality shares.

ok....Philips is an extreme case...what about a looser portfolio as above?

The theory is the looser the portfolio the more u need to trade........for an extremely loose portfolio, then must trade even more.

3iii

12,805 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-05-15 16:05 | Report Abuse

>>>
ok....Philips is an extreme case...what about a looser portfolio as above?

The theory is the looser the portfolio the more u need to trade........for an extremely loose portfolio, then must trade even more.

>>>

Stay with quality.

Then with value.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-05-15 16:07 | Report Abuse

For mutual funds and professional funds......their portfolio is > 100 stocks.....their objective is to beat inflation, I think 5-10% return pa they very happy already for all the risk and work put in.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-05-15 16:33 | Report Abuse

For mutual funds and professional funds......their portfolio is > 100 stocks.....their objective is to beat inflation, I think 5-10% return pa they very happy already for all the risk and work put in.

In Malaysia, mutual funds got quite a good record of meeting their objectives. Developing country after all.

And stock market actually spend more time going up than coming down.

lets say spend 10 years slowly going up and 1 year sharp drop....then most holding periods should be profitable ( on average, unless the holding period is the year of sharp drops). This is the foundation that mutual funds built upon.

Posted by Heavenly PUNTER Research IB > 2019-05-15 17:42 | Report Abuse

Not all mutual funds perform, most underperform actually.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-05-15 20:34 | Report Abuse

lets say spend 10 years slowly going up and 1 year sharp drop....then most holding periods should be profitable ( on average, unless the holding period is the year of sharp drops). This is the foundation that mutual funds built upon.
===========

I think I should amend the above as..........normally , more green days than red days, that is the foundation of holding....but red days are more punishing.

One year, miss a few missiles, trading can be very profitable.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-05-15 20:37 | Report Abuse

===========

I think I should amend the above as..........normally , more green days than red days, that is the foundation of holding....but red days are more punishing.

One year, miss a few missiles, trading can be very profitable.

of course not easy, never easy. Just like contrarian stock picking, its not easy, never easy.

For pros like me, I do any thing....good bad ugly also I do.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz