1 person likes this.

13 comment(s). Last comment by Philip ( Dr. Fauci my Hero) 2020-03-28 11:23

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-03-27 12:32 | Report Abuse

talk for what?

when the train wreck was crashing into the stock market weeks earlier, did u tell people to avoid the train wreck?

Posted by enigmatic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ > 2020-03-27 12:45 | Report Abuse

I'd like to add that it was the short sellers, those IDSS players who had exacerbated the plunge of Bursa.

Bursa has been rather resilient ever since short selling was suspended until 30 Apr.

But maybe the stabilisation of the US market also had some effect on global markets

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2020-03-27 12:46 | Report Abuse

Kcchong extrapolation method will not work well in this market. Why? Because forward earnings is screwed. He might lead you into a value trap or you end up paying more than what you wanted

laychee

1,743 posts

Posted by laychee > 2020-03-27 12:47 | Report Abuse

Stimulus plans around the world are working hard to push the market back up.

Something common since 2008.

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2020-03-27 12:49 | Report Abuse

I trust that now is the best time to load your bullet in the market now. Unlimited QE and concentrated effort from all government around the world will see the flow of money to the market. My top pick are BAT, HAIO, JHM, PADINI, MAGNI,KGB, ASTR0. All of them have drop more than 50 % , High Dividend Yield and solid Balance Sheet company. Trust that stimulus package announced by PM will see some money flow to this counter.

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-03-27 14:07 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha
qqq3 wrote, “ the only smart ones are those who sold all several weeks ago...never look back,....do not get tempted.........

I am not among those............

In theory that is what I should have done, told my self that before the mess, even write about it. Told friends I am prepared for all eventualities...........

But 1 or 2 weeks of negligence, all the good work done in last 2 years all gone.
19/03/2020 12:04 PM”

So qqq3 you saw the train coming and anyhow you still foolishly and readily got yourself hit by the train? Until now no capital to do trading and can only look and envy what hng33 is doing.
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/qqq33333333/2020-03-20-story-h1485578084-Trading_or_longer_term_or_just_give_up_don_t_even_look.jsp

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2020-03-27 14:22 | Report Abuse

Thank God tht my fren n I sold everything weeks ago!
However its so tempting to buy banking stocks days ago.
PTL.
Wait fr dust to settle, maybe in few mths time

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2020-03-27 14:24 | Report Abuse

KC is still a good trainer.
Seldom missed his write up.
GBU KC

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2020-03-27 14:25 | Report Abuse

Will certainly buy his book fr reference once free fm Covid-19

Posted by Philip ( Dr. Fauci my Hero) > 2020-03-28 08:58 | Report Abuse

The thing is, many so called super "wannabe" investors Trainers like to talk about being like Charlie and warren etc, but fall to the wayside when push comes to shove. They like to talk about value investing, how they made 100% on this and that, and how they know how to value and buy.

But the one constant which none of them have despite all the post and comments, none have it except for Koon yew yin and ooi Tek bee,

Jonathan Choi yi kit does not have it.
Ricky yeoh does not have it.
Calvin tan eng yet does not have it.
Icon8888 does not have it.
Kcchongz does not have it. ( He however has a book, how useful I don't know).
Stockraider definitely does not have it.
Louisinvesting does not have it.
Greentrades does not have it.

What all of these people who comment so much on i3 forums is the lack transparent, trackable portfolio ( its a free simple tool that exists on i3 forum, funny how very few people use it.)

Why? They will give you excuses like how they don't want people to frontrun them ( which is silly when you really think about it, they can buy first then update), but the fact of the matter is: once keyed in they will be unable to delete the portfolio entries or replace it with fake entries, but must constantly be on the public eye to see if their blogs and writings jive with their market results.

Choivo tries to do it, buy half heartedly. He kind of tells you what he buys, buy hides it behind xx and XX stocks, and makes you guess what he holds. But he did not tell your boss positions, or when he sells.

But the thing is, what you bought is not so much as important as what you sell. More important that what you bought and sold, is your conviction and the total amounts of each stock that you bought or sold.

They like to talk the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk, they somehow fall apart.

And the first thing they dive into is the quarterly results of warrens Berkshire reports.

https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/reports.html

I find it very tiresome( because I see it all the time), but my belief is this: if you want to be a public figure and write all sorts of articles and promotionals, you need to be accredited. If I wrote a medical journal, but never having spent a day in medical school, I could convince a lot a random idiots into taking my words verbatim acting wrongly on my "advice".

Financial "education" has the same effect on that EVERYONE is suddenly an expert on the companies that they buy. EVERYONE! Trust me. Calvin tan is as expert on networking infrastructure, choivo is an expert on petroleum refineries. This has a lot of potential for destruction, especially for eager young investors out to make a quick buck.

Who do you believe? In the real world, they would not be able to publish such things without a financial advisor license, a prospectus of their 5 year results and a full disclosure on their fund size.

But here in the internet, they can hide behind blogs and write whatever they want.

Here is the real guide: you trust Warren buffet and Charles munger not because of what they say or do, but the financial reports that show their results and the acumen.

So I tell you: listen with one ear. If they don't have financials or a history of results, treat it as fantasy and do not buy anything based on simple recommendations. Instead listen to them for a few years, build their portfolio for them ( they will always tell you when they buy, but never when they sell. Period.) Then you will quickly realize what quacks they really are.

I put KYY and OTB on a different scale though ( KYY when he buys you WILL know it, but you when he sells you will ALSO know it, albeit when the stock crashes). OTB makes money from classes and subscription, so he has to maintain a transparent form of investing. I can respect that.

>>>>>>>>

If you buy stocks at a big margin of safety, there is little risk and eventually market will revert to its mean. But make damn sure that you buy good companies at big discounts, and not buying lemons and overvalued companies, no matter how good they are.

Sslee

4,567 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-03-28 10:39 | Report Abuse

Haha,
Thinkers value ideas
Egoistic value his own opinion
Rich people value the length of his sausage
And super rich people value title
So when Philip going to get a Dato, Dato’ Sri, Tan Sri or Tun title?

Posted by Philip ( Dr. Fauci my Hero) > 2020-03-28 11:19 | Report Abuse

Too bad you know nothing about me. But if you did know, you would understand that engineers love the process of doing something rather than only the results. Only businessman like you want 1 year 100% results rather than learning the art of investment.

My question is still relevant and important. I am looking for a true teacher to learn from, not a publicist.

All the great investors have a public portfolio with transparent results.

Warren has one.
Munger has one.
Howard marks has one.
Peter lunch has one.
Carl Icahn has one.
Even bill ackman has one.

Documented and tracked.

A garbage disposal guy working in New Zealand could write a book and plagiarize all of the value investing concepts out there into a book. But who would read it if that garbage disposal guy did not have results?

It's like asking a zunar to write a book about governing a nation.

Yeah right.

Posted by Philip ( Dr. Fauci my Hero) > 2020-03-28 11:23 | Report Abuse

Take for example this guy. How would you rate his top picks or trust him? Thousands, millions of characters like this ( including kcchongz) around. Without a proper portfolio, how do you know his long term results? Maybe he just attended a kcchonz class last month or read his book, and now he thinks he is a hot shot professional investor.

I bet this is the first crisis he has gone through, and he doesn't even have a portfolio maintained.

>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by Najib Zamry > Mar 27, 2020 12:49 PM | Report Abuse

I trust that now is the best time to load your bullet in the market now. Unlimited QE and concentrated effort from all government around the world will see the flow of money to the market. My top pick are BAT, HAIO, JHM, PADINI, MAGNI,KGB, ASTR0. All of them have drop more than 50 % , High Dividend Yield and solid Balance Sheet company. Trust that stimulus package announced by PM will see some money flow to this counter.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz