3 people like this.

120 comment(s). Last comment by gohku 2020-04-17 12:32

FoolsGold

654 posts

Posted by FoolsGold > 2020-04-15 14:09 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq33333333 > Apr 15, 2020 2:04 PM | Report Abuse

me? I didn't do as well as I should .....otherwise, still as confident as ever.....

maybe if u spend time to take down your barriers to do as well as u thought capable, rather than take down stuff that does not contribute to ypur success, it may make a difference...

ahbah

6,035 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2020-04-15 14:11 | Report Abuse

How far shall we look to when we put our moni to work ?

This yr 2020 or next yr 2021 ?

Sslee

4,571 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-04-15 14:21 | Report Abuse

Haha qqq3,
Please pardon my poor understanding of English I thought you has a hand on “KYY as a force in i3 and bursa is spend, no more..... now.”

Posted by qqq33333333 > Apr 14, 2020 5:48 PM | Report Abuse
ss

KYY as a force in i3 and bursa is spend, no more.....

now, I just have to take down OTB..........and the OTB cult.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-04-15 14:31 | Report Abuse

kyy as a force in i3 and Bursa is spend force is just my opinion..... and now, I just have to take down the otb cult.... then no more cult and live happily ever after

Sslee

4,571 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-04-15 14:41 | Report Abuse

haha qqq3,
The world are full of fanatic cults in the name of religion and politic. So how to ....... then no more cult and live happily ever after? Are you the second coming of Jesus Christ?

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-04-15 14:49 | Report Abuse

Karim just got a $ 7 billion contract and SCIB just up another 20 sen............that is also happiness.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-04-15 14:51 | Report Abuse

ss...I can't influence every thing....Just do whatever within my influence lah..........................................

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-04-15 14:54 | Report Abuse

The Trump cult just defunded WHO just when the world needs more scientists........that one too big for me........

Sslee

4,571 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-04-15 14:58 | Report Abuse

I am still holding my cash and sell some of my stocks. By end Aug when companies report their q2 result then most likely many stocks will have more discount day sales.

qqq33333333

3,053 posts

Posted by qqq33333333 > 2020-04-15 16:46 | Report Abuse

me? I think everyone also can be both right and wrong ( as markets and people keep changing their mind reacting to events)............the winner will be the one who is proactive and consistent .....

what is even more clear is Dow will be stronger than Malaysia.

Dow got Netflix, Google and Amazon who have large monopoly profits, Malaysian companies got what?

The whole world is one giant money printing machine and capitalists governments wants the money to find its way back to the stock market. You want to be bearish, u have to defeat them first.

Financial markets are bullish........Realists are bearish. I think both also can be right and to make money just got to be proactive, patient, and consistent.

ahbah

6,035 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2020-04-15 17:39 | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR: THE World Bank says Malaysia will be deeply affected by the Covid-19 shocks but there are a slew of factors that make it more resilient than many other countries.

Malaysia has, among others, a diversified economic structure and sound track record of macroeconomic management, the World Bank Malaysia lead economist Richard Record said.

It also has deep domestic capital markets, astute financial institutions, and past experience responding to crises, Record said.

“While the challenges ahead are unprecedented, because of these reasons the country is well placed to weather the storm,” he added.

Our Malaysia tahan lasak !

Hidup Malaysia !

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2020-04-15 21:10 | Report Abuse

Mr P, appreciate that you think im qualified to write a book. Highly honored.

Posted by Philip (Honesty is expensive. Dont expect frm cheap ppl ) > 2020-04-16 08:31 | Report Abuse

I think you are qualified to write a children's book. Or fantasy maybe. Non-fiction is definitely not your forte.

Remember your comments on overpriced QL? And how the entire market dropped by 30% or more? What happened to QL prices then? Rock steady.

And you with your comments and thesis and ideas and strategies on QL? You would have been in hot soup during this period..

While high 50PE investments in ql(food), yinson( o&g) and topglov(manufacturing) remain far above last year prices, allowing collateral for margin to be used to purchase discount stocks at wonderful prices (pchem at 4.09. gkent at 46 cents, serbadk at 1.15).

You never who had been swimming naked until the tide runs out.

Posted by Philip (Honesty is expensive. Dont expect frm cheap ppl ) > 2020-04-16 09:15 | Report Abuse

Another nice theory with by kcchongz but whose real world results totally different from his estimates.

His results on perstima? Share price drop by half from his estimates in 2017, uchitec? Scientex is the only exception, only because it ventured successfully into property development.
Padini? What is the total 3 year san nien concept earnings using dividends? For his favorite stocks?

>>>>>>>>

kcchongnz Good article to read for most people here. However, this statement here from you puzzles me,

""what is the sacrifice of shareholder value? Anytime a company takes on more outside debt to grow its revenues and earnings, the shareholder value is damaged. Anytime a company dilutes shares to buy companies or gives out dividend, it dilutes shareholder value. (trust me this happens every single time, a company that gives out high dividends usually end up in a bad position)""

Especially the last one.

1) Taking more outside debt sacrifice shareholder value? If return from borrowings great than the costs, it can't be right. This I believe is a typing error from you.

2) A company gives out high dividend usually end up in bad position? A bad position because share price drops? Are we talking about just capital gain, or dividend return is just unimportant and not part of the total return?

I have written a few articles on stocks on high dividends; Padini, Sciientex, Perstima, Uchitech in the links below,

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/62058.jsp
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/128386.jsp

Uchitech in the first link has been a multi-bagger after considering all the dividends and bonus shares although its growth is not worth mentioned about.

In the second link, the total price appreciation is still 60% after 2 years, while the broad market is down by 1.6%, after taking into considerations of dividends.

I have written about many stocks of high dividend yield, and on the whole, they outperform the broad market by a wide margin too.

Most of these companies still grow, but they just need a small portion of its profit to grow because of their high return on capitals, and the rest return to shareholders, to do what they like.
19/04/2019 1:42 PM

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2020-04-16 09:37 | Report Abuse

Oh as if writing children's book sounds like a piece of cake than writing non-fiction Mr Phillip. How naive that can be. I take that as a compliment nonetheless.

Oh right, again as if an overvalued QL needs to drop in tandem when the market drops 30%. And if it doesn't, it shows that it isn't overvalued, what kind of logic is that?

Common, if you're so shiok competing with others (to beat the boredom of life), I'll pick Scientex, you go QL, starting today, 10 years to 16 Apr 2030, if we and i3 still alive, the highest CAGR wins, deal?

Look, I don't want to compare past performance of Scientex vs QL since 2012 (the time I start owning), even though Scientex beats QL in capital appreciation (even after a 20% fall in March, even at PE10 not 50, and despite how I hate to boast), because you're gonna come up with bunch of nonsense like oh i don't have record to prove I own it since 2012 lah kinda BS.

So lets do it for next 10 years, maybe you think it isn't fair for PE10 to go against PE50, although I think you won't, considering that you think high PE beats low PE all the time, so it is a fair deal right?

In case you're not so sure, I can pit Ferrari (RACE.NYSE) against QL, another stock that I own. RACE has PE closer to QL, PE47, does that make it more fair? Make your pick, Scientex or Ferrari.

Posted by Philip (Honesty is expensive. Dont expect frm cheap ppl ) > 2020-04-17 06:53 | Report Abuse

Since I know you definitey wont be around, I'll pass kid. Your investment thesis has already been proven wrong.

"Oh right, again as if an overvalued QL needs to drop in tandem when the market drops 30%. And if it doesn't, it shows that it isn't overvalued, what kind of logic is that?"

Do you even understand what you are talking about? When the entire world is fleeing equity markets, a PE 50 company like QL which is "overvalued" doesn't drop? But it is still overvalued? So what does overvalue mean to you? Expensive? When entire world become cheap, then shouldn't QL drop as well? Well yes of course it did. It dropped from 8.60, to 6.90(24% drop) , but subsequently recovered back to 8.17. Why? Why would a pe50 recover? Because many investors including myself see value in an 11 billion company, academics like you.

Posted by Philip (Honesty is expensive. Dont expect frm cheap ppl ) > 2020-04-17 07:02 | Report Abuse

On second thought, this maybe a good exercise to train company kids.

Ok why don't you start a trackable portfolio this time on your user id. Let's teach you to be responsible for all your posts for once.

Why don't you start today( 10 years you say?):

Create a trackable portfolio( not watchlists), add in dividends and warrants, sell after announcement and reinvest back.

Scientex 7.85( your pe10 company) including dividends
QL resources 8.12 (PE 50 company) including dividends

As for NYSE, sure thing. But let's stick to NYSE companies.

RACE 154.30 ( your pe50 company)
STONECO 22.94 (PE 42 company)

these are also stocks that I hold so it should be fair, right?

In any case, I will leave it up to you to start a trackable portfolio, whether on your musingzebra blog, or in your i3 account.

But for once in your life, be responsible for your words.

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2020-04-17 08:35 | Report Abuse

Done - https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/pfs/138504.jsp

Are you tracking QL from your end or do you want me to add that into that portfolio?

Posted by Philip ( Random Walk Theorist) > 2020-04-17 09:31 | Report Abuse

You should add it in yours, so can see the start date and end date and compare directly.

gohku

373 posts

Posted by gohku > 2020-04-17 12:32 | Report Abuse

Market already discounting q2 result as very bad.

You will be surprised bas result share rise

Post a Comment
Market Buzz