31 people like this.

13 comment(s). Last comment by Chuckie1 2020-08-09 14:33

VIN3133

567 posts

Posted by VIN3133 > 2020-06-08 16:02 | Report Abuse

DK66 bro, timely that you posted this article here the true story of Jaks in past 5 years . TQ .

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2020-06-08 16:16 | Report Abuse

You cannot compare a right issue of one company to another. If take dayang to justify your case, it simply means your knowledge in share investing is limited.

Holiao369

121 posts

Posted by Holiao369 > 2020-06-08 16:48 | Report Abuse

Stupid, compare apple to orange, go lim kopi with kyy la, don't post here show off

supersaiyan3

3,125 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2020-06-08 16:56 | Report Abuse

Well, its a good thing your remark on KYY for all his mistakes/moves. But now seems like KYY doing the right thing to sell early.

Could you please identify what you have calculated wrong in your previous articles/announcements/comments? It seems you haven't expected a right issue either.

supersaiyan3

3,125 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2020-06-08 16:57 | Report Abuse

I am just passing by, but I wonder if the owner says (the project will) break even in 8 years, how can you "achieve" billions of net profit in the coming years????????

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2020-06-08 17:03 | Report Abuse

impossible to achieve that.

supersaiyan3 I am just passing by, but I wonder if the owner says (the project will) break even in 8 years, how can you "achieve" billions of net profit in the coming years????????

Sslee

4,562 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-06-08 17:09 | Report Abuse

Haha,
I will sell my right to the RI subscription to i3lurker so that he can subsribe RI at 40 cents and with free warrant C.

Posted by hosehliaoo > 2020-06-08 20:53 | Report Abuse

its share price is quietly climbing up step by step

Posted by hosehliaoo > 2020-06-08 20:57 | Report Abuse

Indeed the action of its CEO 2-million share buy-back tells a lot about his faith.

greedy44444

2,494 posts

Posted by greedy44444 > 2020-06-09 01:42 | Report Abuse

The price is on its way down...no doubt about it. Go for other more promising stocks. So many other good picks in this bull market

80gram

78 posts

Posted by 80gram > 2020-06-10 10:59 | Report Abuse

wonder why the Power Plant Progress unchanged for the last 6 months

Chuckie1

13 posts

Posted by Chuckie1 > 2020-08-09 14:33 | Report Abuse

THE FOLLOWINGS WERE POSTED ON 8 JUNE 2020 BY THE AUTHOR ON THIS THOUGHTS ON THE DIRECTION OF JAKS SHARE PRICE. MY COMMENTS ARE I BOLD BOLD BOLD (THE REST ARE VERBATIM BY THE AUTHOR DK)

Personally, I strongly believe the price will resume uptrend C for the following reasons.

1. Jaks price was around RM1.50 in late February 2020 before Covid19 in anticipation of commissioning of the power plant. Therefore, present price level is comparatively very cheap at 40% discount to RM1.50.

SINCE 8 JUNE 2020, JAKS SHARE PRICES HAVE WEAKENED FURTHER. JUST BECAUSE THE SHARE PRICE IS AT A DEEP DISCOUNT TO ITS PAST HIGHS, PERSONALLY I DONT THINK THIS A FUNDAMENTAL REASON TO BUY THE STOCK. TECHNICALLY, ONE CAN ARGUE THIS IS THE UPSIDE POTENTIAL (AS IT HAS TRADED AT RM1.00) BUT ONE CAN ALSO ARGUE ON THE SAME LINE OF THOUGHTS THAT THE SHARE PRICE COULD (THEORETICALLY) FALL 50% DOWNSIDE TO THE PAST LOW OF RM0.42.

2. The right issue proposal promised at least 50% discount to TERP ensures that the price of Jaks must remain above RM1 during price fixing dates in order to fix the right share at RM0.40.

THIS OPINION CALLS FOR A STRONG BELIEF IN THE EXISTENCE OF SOME PARTY OUT THERE, MOST LIKELY RELATED TO THE MAJOR SHAREHOLDERS, ENGAGING IN SOME MARKET-MAKING ACTIVITIES IN "PUSHING" AND "HOLDING UP" THE SHARE PRICES TO, AS INDICATED BY THE AUTHOR, ABOVE RM1.00. IT IS NOT INCORRECT TO MAKE SUCH BOLD ASSUMPTION AND RATIONALE FOR BUYING THE SHARES BUT THIS IS NOT A FUNDAMENTAL DRIVEN STRATEGY. IT IS AKIN TO "CLOAK AND DAGGER" STRATEGY. SO, FOR THOSE COMFORTABLE WITH SUCH STRATEGY, JUST BE AWARE OF THE RISKS IF SUCH 'SYNDICATE' DID NOT MATERIAL.
CAVEAT EMPTOR.

3. The subscription of right shares coincides with the COD of Unit 1 in Q4 2020. The commissioning of power plant will be a major impetus to attract interests of investment funds.

OF 4 FACTORS CITED BY THE AUTHOR, THIS POINT IS THE CLOSEST TO FUNDAMENTAL INVESTING. HOWEVER, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, THE AUTHOR HAS MISSED THE OTHER COUNTERBALANCE TO THE POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT IN THE START UP OF THE POWER PLANT, WHICH IS THE EXTREMELY WEAK FINANCIALS OF JAKS, THE HOLDING AND LISTED COMPANY, WHICH IS YET TO BE FULLY DISSEMMINATED AND FACTORED IN THE SHARE PRICE.

4. The current right issue made Jaks a disappointed and hated stock, most would have sold off and left. Those who remain will likely subscribe for the right shares.

SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR THE RIGHTS ISSUE BY EXISTING SHAREHOLDERS IS NOT A REASON TO BUY THE STOCK OR AN IMPETUS FOR THE SHARE PRICE TO RALLY.

5. On 29 May 2020, CEO Ang Lam Poah bought 2m shares at RM0.885

YES, ONE CAN ARGUE THAT A PURCHASE BY THE MAJOR SHAREHOLDER, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY IS THE CEO OF THE COMPANY, IS AN INDICATION OF THE CONFIDENCE OF THAT PARTY FOR THE SHARE PRICE, BUT HAD ONE WERE TO ACT ON SUCH EVENT, HE WOULD NOT BE SITTING ON LOSSES. VERY IFFY LINE OF THOUGHT..

6. Unit 1 of the power plant will likely achieve synchronization by end June or early July, and commences trial run for 2 months during which Jaks will earn energy payment from EVN. I believe Jaks’ price will react positively to such news.

POINT TAKEN BUT MY BELIEF IS THAT ANY ENERGY PAYMENT WILL MOST LIKELY BE USED TO PAY DOWN THE FINANCING DEBT OF THE POWER PLANT. DIVIDENT PAYMENT TO SHAREHOLDERS OF THE POWER PLANT, IE. JAKS, FROM THE POWER PLANT IN THE NEXT 3-5 YEARS ARE NOT REALISTIC AS ANY FINANCIER WOULD REQUIRE A SUBSTANTIAL PORTOIN OF THE DEBTS ARE PAID DOWN BEFORE ALLOWING SUCH SHAREHOLDERS DIVIDENDS. AGAIN, THIS POSITIVE POINT OF ARGUMENT DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT AT ALL OF THE OVERBEARING WEAK FINANCIALS AT THE HOLDING COMPANY.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz